* * * - - 2 votes

Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread XVIII

#721 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6644 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 16 July 2020 - 07:46 PM

If I'm submitting a console like a PS4 to Amazon what do I need to include? Do I need to include the headphone set

I would check the trade in thread for the answer. But I think they require everything but the headset. But I could be wrong and thinking of GameStop.

#722 Batto47  

Posted 16 July 2020 - 08:31 PM

Copies of Granblue Fantasy: Versus Premium Edition ranging from $55-60
I bought an acceptable copy for $50 the other day and it was a dinger. Very happy!

#723 Jardarpp  

Posted 16 July 2020 - 10:28 PM

I bought an acceptable copy for $50 the other day and it was a dinger. Very happy!

This is gonna sound extremely noob-ish of me, but what does "dinger" mean exactly? Thank you!

#724 Miker525  

Posted 16 July 2020 - 10:32 PM

This is gonna sound extremely noob-ish of me, but what does "dinger" mean exactly? Thank you!

A dinger is a brand new (or basically brand new) product that Amazon throws on the warehouse bc the box may have dings in it or similarly miniscule issues (wrapping may be torn or off but it's still new, or box might have creases/dent in it). Getting a dinger is a big score bc it's basically just saving money on a new product

#725 Batto47  

Posted 17 July 2020 - 12:29 AM

Just as Miker described, everything in my copy was still sealed and had the original plastic wrap over it. The plastic wrap was slightly torn in the front with a small tear on the slipcover at the top. Everything else was perfect. My description was something like "Acceptable: Item will come in original packaging. Large mark on disk." Always a hit or miss with AMZ Warehouse descriptions, but I got lucky this time.

#726 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8651 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2020 - 11:16 AM

It looked new, no protective film on screen if they come that way (?). It wasn't sealed, but I don't know if they come that way. Honestly it looked like some one opened it, took it out and then tossed it back in. Not in the right order though as the shaped foam pad was under the unit. But there are no visible flaws. The 32gb card was included and preloaded and the power cable was still bundled under the unit.

Mine came yesterday.  The foam pad was on top of the unit, but the unit was still in the plastic bag.  There wasn't a protective film on the screen, but I've never seen a protective film come on any of my Chinese handhelds that I bought brand new.  Come to think of it, I haven't seen a protective film on any of my American handhelds either...that I can remember.  But everything was in the box.  Power cable and instruction manual were underneath the unit.  So pretty much the same experience on my end.    

I'm fairly certain that they have to open the boxes to inspect them if they are considered Amazon Warehouse items.  I've never gotten anything from Warehouse that came factory sealed, and I've bought things other than video games from there.  

#727 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6644 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 17 July 2020 - 11:47 AM

Mine came yesterday.  The foam pad was on top of the unit, but the unit was still in the plastic bag.  There wasn't a protective film on the screen, but I've never seen a protective film come on any of my Chinese handhelds that I bought brand new.  Come to think of it, I haven't seen a protective film on any of my American handhelds either...that I can remember.  But everything was in the box.  Power cable and instruction manual were underneath the unit.  So pretty much the same experience on my end.    

I'm fairly certain that they have to open the boxes to inspect them if they are considered Amazon Warehouse items.  I've never gotten anything from Warehouse that came factory sealed, and I've bought things other than video games from there.  

You must have missed the ps4 pro controllers then as they were all dingers and they had them for like a month because of the sheer amount.  I regret not grabbing more than one but I didn't want to be greedy.

#728 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8651 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2020 - 08:43 PM

Thx for the heads up on these. I had been eyeing a RG350M as my first dip into the RG350 but this price was too tempting to pass up. Device arrived fine, after a charge it is running fine. Will look at expanding the catalog as time permits. Comes with enough to keep me occupied for awhile though lol.

Did yours come with games already on it?  Mine did.  I had a light day at work, so I sat in my office tooling around with the damn thing.  Someone had already set up the custom firmware on the internal memory with games for the NES, SNES, Game Boy, Game Boy Advance, Genesis, Master System, Turbografx 16, Neo-Geo AES, Neo-Geo Pocket, MAME, Wonderswan, and PlayStation on an external 32 gb memory card.  Not the entire libraries, but there were enough to make the afternoon go by pretty quickly.  Glad that I didn't get it straight from the factory.  :D/

#729 Stormedtrooper   Say no to Halo. CAGiversary!   1802 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Stormedtrooper

Posted 17 July 2020 - 11:17 PM

Did yours come with games already on it?  Mine did.  I had a light day at work, so I sat in my office tooling around with the damn thing.  Someone had already set up the custom firmware on the internal memory with games for the NES, SNES, Game Boy, Game Boy Advance, Genesis, Master System, Turbografx 16, Neo-Geo AES, Neo-Geo Pocket, MAME, Wonderswan, and PlayStation on an external 32 gb memory card.  Not the entire libraries, but there were enough to make the afternoon go by pretty quickly.  Glad that I didn't get it straight from the factory.  :D/

Yes indeed :)  Though I haven't found any PS games....yet.  I also spent a little time in between things at work today trying out different emulators on it lol.  I'll have to compare your list against what I'm seeing on mine to see what I might be missing or likely just overlooking.  Most if not all of what you listed I definitely saw.  Now I really want a RG350M, but that's just because that aluminum chassis looks beautiful.  This should tide me over though until the M drops in price.

#730 Stormedtrooper   Say no to Halo. CAGiversary!   1802 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Stormedtrooper

Posted 18 July 2020 - 12:00 AM

Yup, I overlooked PSX....it's there.

#731 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8651 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2020 - 11:20 AM

Yes indeed :)  Though I haven't found any PS games....yet.  I also spent a little time in between things at work today trying out different emulators on it lol.  I'll have to compare your list against what I'm seeing on mine to see what I might be missing or likely just overlooking.  Most if not all of what you listed I definitely saw.  Now I really want a RG350M, but that's just because that aluminum chassis looks beautiful.  This should tide me over though until the M drops in price.

Yup, I overlooked PSX....it's there.

As I read the RG350 sub-Reddit, I noticed mentions of people getting their systems with 2300 games pre-loaded onto them.  It is suggested to not update the firmware unless you know what you're doing.  So I'm going to play mine as is for now.  And don't play it while charging because you can damage it that way.  Enjoy!

#732 jrc84  

Posted 18 July 2020 - 11:24 AM

Is there any option to mod the buttons on the RG350 to make them Tri, X, Square, Cir?

#733 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8651 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2020 - 12:31 PM

Is there any option to mod the buttons on the RG350 to make them Tri, X, Square, Cir?

If you mean the emulator button set-up, the PlayStation button set-up might mirror that of Japan where the face buttons are reversed from the default setting that we use in the West. 

If you mean the actual buttons on the system, there are custom buttons that you can buy to replace them.  I've seen people mod all of the Chinese handhelds to their personal specifications.  

Have you checked out Wagner's Tech Talk or the RG-350 sub-Reddit?  Those are the best resources that I've been able to find about the RG-350 system.

https://www.reddit.com/r/RG350/

http://wagnerstechtalk.com/rg350tips/

#734 Masterof2D  

Masterof2D

Posted 18 July 2020 - 07:43 PM

For the retro Nintendo stuff, what link do you use to see when those deals pop up, and what days/times?

#735 eminemobied12   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1116 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

eminemobied12

Posted 18 July 2020 - 08:52 PM

For the retro Nintendo stuff, what link do you use to see when those deals pop up, and what days/times?

I don't think there is a specific day or time. My experience in an Amazon Warehouse leads me to believe it's just whenever the person grading/pricing it gets to it on the trolly full of returns, damaged packaging etc.

And as a person who purchases regularly from the warehouse section, it has been very random to find something you want. My best luck has been around 4am est. But I'm certain that's just luck/random. 10pm, 3pm... i just check regularly and hope to find something.

#736 Stormedtrooper   Say no to Halo. CAGiversary!   1802 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Stormedtrooper

Posted 21 July 2020 - 04:38 PM

So I rolled the dice on this one and mine was not a dinger. It was opened and the included code was redeemed. It says it is for the original Granblue which I am ok not getting but was there supposed to be another code included? Or is the rest of the DLC unlocked from the disk? Any info is appreciated.

Update: NM, watched half a dozen YouTube unboxing videos and tracked down the answer. Second code was behind the character card. It was also redeemed. Now to debate returning it.

#737 Batto47  

Posted 21 July 2020 - 11:40 PM

So I rolled the dice on this one and mine was not a dinger. It was opened and the included code was redeemed. It says it is for the original Granblue which I am ok not getting but was there supposed to be another code included? Or is the rest of the DLC unlocked from the disk? Any info is appreciated.

Update: NM, watched half a dozen YouTube unboxing videos and tracked down the answer. Second code was behind the character card. It was also redeemed. Now to debate returning it.

Damn, sorry to hear that man. Yeah those types of items are always a difficult choice for me to make. I typically don't care about DLC, but I like my boxes to be pretty pristine as I display them. 

#738 Stormedtrooper   Say no to Halo. CAGiversary!   1802 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Stormedtrooper

Posted 21 July 2020 - 11:58 PM

Damn, sorry to hear that man. Yeah those types of items are always a difficult choice for me to make. I typically don't care about DLC, but I like my boxes to be pretty pristine as I display them.

No worries, it was a dice I rolled, I know too well the potential outcome. I don't have very good success rate when it comes to DLC, and this purchase has made me further reconsider attempting to buy with DLC in mind.

#739 Agent Zero  

Agent Zero

Posted 22 July 2020 - 09:11 PM

Rent Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion’s Revenge for $0.99.

https://www.amazon.c...,aps,187&sr=8-1

• THT likes this

#740 JohnnySako   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   613 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

JohnnySako

Posted 22 July 2020 - 10:32 PM

Rent Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion’s Revenge for $0.99.

https://www.amazon.c...,aps,187&sr=8-1

Thank you! Somehow I had a promotional credit, so this turned into a free rental.

Edit: Much better than I expected. I plan on watching it again before the 48 hours are up. And it goes on my Black Friday wish list. Thanks again.

#741 billyrox   Old Man CAGiversary!   3403 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 July 2020 - 11:27 PM

Thanks , I will check it out tonight

#742 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8651 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2020 - 09:02 PM

I ordered this off-brand 7-inch IPS touchscreen from Amazon Warehouse last week, and it arrived yesterday.

https://www.amazon.c...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The condition was "acceptable," but it didn't show up with the box or the instructions or the screws for the mounts.  But after a $10 Amazon gift card from Microsoft Rewards, I only paid $32.64 for it.  And it works decently enough with my Genesis Mini and my PlayStation Classic when I use a phone charger to power it.

I'm considering using it for a Raspberry Pi build that will be my next "quarantine" project (quarantine is in quotes because I go to work five days a week to pay for all of the crap that I buy from Amazon Warehouse). 

#743 An Orange Cat   Pet My Fur CAGiversary!   1574 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

An Orange Cat

Posted 28 July 2020 - 12:28 AM

Amazon price matched Best Buy's Nintendo Labo VR price of $19.99, and I noticed they had one in acceptable condition for $15.99 with large cosmetic damage on the case. I snagged it hoping it just has a crushed box.

*Edit*
It was definitely a return, but everything is new. The game is still shrink wrapped and everything. The box is beat to hell and has part of someone's return label on it, but I'm happy everything is there.

#744 kevers7290   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   384 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

kevers7290

Posted 30 July 2020 - 04:10 PM

Has anyone seen any deals on desktop PC towers? I need a new PC for everyday use as mine is pushing 7 years old and is starting to fail (ethernet stopped working and now I have a dead USB port). I don't plan to game on it, but I'm having a hard time finding any decent deals as PC stuff seems hard to find since the pandemic started and everyone started working from home.

#745 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   11009 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2020 - 03:03 AM

I ordered this off-brand 7-inch IPS touchscreen from Amazon Warehouse last week, and it arrived yesterday.

https://www.amazon.c...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The condition was "acceptable," but it didn't show up with the box or the instructions or the screws for the mounts.  But after a $10 Amazon gift card from Microsoft Rewards, I only paid $32.64 for it.  And it works decently enough with my Genesis Mini and my PlayStation Classic when I use a phone charger to power it.

I'm considering using it for a Raspberry Pi build that will be my next "quarantine" project (quarantine is in quotes because I go to work five days a week to pay for all of the crap that I buy from Amazon Warehouse). 

I am going to have to keep an eye our for this

#746 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7134 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 17 August 2020 - 09:19 PM

Not a warehouse deal but PS4 Camera's are in stock for $40 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LW1OM63/

Looks like it sold out.

#747 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   3451 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2020 - 01:10 PM

The 20% off select AWD items is back. not many gaming items at the moment though. 
Here's a link to all items in the promo.

example: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening: Dreamer Edition from ~$39
https://smile.amazon...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

#748 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4497 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 20 August 2020 - 05:21 PM

The 20% off select AWD items is back. not many gaming items at the moment though.
Here's a link to all items in the promo.

example: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening: Dreamer Edition from ~$39
https://smile.amazon...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Dang looks like I missed that,would have jumped on it. Going to have to look around for some other things with the 20% going on, thanks for the heads up

#749 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8651 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2020 - 09:26 AM

I hopped on this deal as soon as it hit Slickdeals.  I ordered a Raspberry Pi 3B board for $30.74 shipped.

Thanks to Amazon Warehouse, my Pi project is coming along nicely.  :D/

#750 Alexpguy  

Posted 22 August 2020 - 08:28 PM

Off topic, but can anyone tell me if you are still eligible for slow shipping digital credit if you aren't prime?