* * * - - 2 votes

Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread XVIII

#931 tangytangerine   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4379 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

tangytangerine

Posted 21 April 2021 - 05:08 AM

I saw that game on Warehouse when I was browsing this morning.  I only have an Xbox One S, so I figured it would only be a disappointment when I finally booted it up.  Needless to say, I passed on it.  :shock:

That's actually what I'm playing it on(XB1 S 500GB model).    Doesn't seem that bad.

#932 Daisydog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1539 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2021 - 06:32 AM

What's goofy is my "acceptable" dualsense was frigging pristine, box and everything. Like it had been taken out, "yep, it's a controller," and returned.

It's a crapshoot.

My "very good" DualSense controller arrived with bite marks on and around the left thumbstick. It even had a bubble underneath the rubber like if it had come off and was put back on. There was grime all up the sides too, so very used.

It's going back and luckily there are some "like new" controllers in stock for just a few dollars more, so I'm going to try my luck with those. Sorry to the next person who gets it. At least I cleaned out the grime for you.

#933 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   4393 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2021 - 07:08 AM

My "very good" DualSense controller arrived with bite marks on and around the left thumbstick. It even had a bubble underneath the rubber like if it had come off and was put back on. There was grime all up the sides too, so very used.

It's going back and luckily there are some "like new" controllers in stock for just a few dollars more, so I'm going to try my luck with those. Sorry to the next person who gets it. At least I cleaned out the grime for you.

Did you get an original box and inserts with yours?

#934 Daisydog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1539 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2021 - 07:13 AM

Did you get an original box and inserts with yours?

Yes

#935 SackAttack   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   899 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

SackAttack

Posted 21 April 2021 - 07:27 AM

I honestly think they just grab a product at random without reference to whether it matches the description or not. That's the only way such disparate experiences can be reconciled.

#936 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   4393 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2021 - 10:24 AM

Yes

Mine was Like New and I didn't get an outer box, just the inside one and the paperwork. I wish I could have yours.

#937 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6442 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 22 April 2021 - 01:38 AM

Mine came today also (just got the shipping notification yesterday) AND IT WAS A DINGER!!!! ^O^

I rolled the dice since it had a dinger descrip of small mark on disc, small dent x-x measurement and all the usual tell tale signs. And it came with not a mark on the controller itself.  The only damage to the box was on the top where the pastic part goes through the cardboar and it was torn slightly on each corner about half an inch in each direction.  

#938 Daisydog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1539 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 April 2021 - 04:42 AM

The "like new" DualSense was brand new. It didn't even look like it had been opened before. The listing didn't have any description about condition, that area was just blank.

#939 malfcn   CAGalicious! CAGiversary!   2524 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2021 - 10:41 PM

There was a good Xbox series expansion card for about $165. I'm good still for now, but it was tempting. If there was a current 20% off I would have snatched it.

#940 inverted_fray  

inverted_fray

Posted 27 April 2021 - 07:50 AM

A couple years ago I took a chance and bought a vinyl LP that was in "good condition" from Amazon warehouse. When it got to me it was as if someone was so angry with it that they threw it across the room, stomped on it and hit it on several hard objects.

#941 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   3289 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2021 - 01:02 PM

they threw it across the room, stomped on it and hit it on several hard objects.

In my area, this pretty accurately describes anything shipped through UPS in a bubble mailer or without a box.

#942 toska  

Posted 27 April 2021 - 01:28 PM

In my area, this pretty accurately describes anything shipped through UPS in a bubble mailer or without a box.

i deal with ups and fedex every day and its like that everywhere
anything throwable you can assume has been thrown
if you put a fragile sticker on it they throw it extra hard
do not send any bubble mailers or envelopes through ups especially.

#943 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6442 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 27 April 2021 - 04:04 PM

I can tell you that boxes make no difference. Done boxes thoroughly packed up with individual wrapped, bubble wrap and giant bubble wrap so it doesn't even make a sound when shook and they both still managed to destroy everything inside.

#944 Stormedtrooper   Say no to Halo. CAGiversary!   1798 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Stormedtrooper

Posted 27 April 2021 - 09:40 PM

Just bought Cyberpunk 2077 X1 twice during the recent 20% off sale. First copy arrived with the center spindle of disk 1 melted. The 2nd copy arrived with only disk 2 included. Surprisingly, they both did arrive with all bonus goodies intact. I guess I am not destined to have this game...at least from AWD. Hoping Amazon doesn't give me any grief about returning them both.

#945 jbg87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   857 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2021 - 11:14 PM

10% Off select warehouse back

#946 billyrox   Old Man CAGiversary!   3396 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2021 - 01:59 PM

How often are dingers now?  I was looking into getting a stationary bike and the description for VG is Item will come in original packaging. Packaging will be damaged.

#947 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6442 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 31 May 2021 - 02:55 PM

Dingers wise I got in on the ps5 controller dinger set when those were on sale.  As usual it's a complete crap shoot especially with a vague description like that. Best indication of a dinger in my experience is when it says small mark x/x small mark on this or that and details of the length. 

#948 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4302 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 21 June 2021 - 03:44 PM

25% off select warehouse items for prime day. Here's the list of everything

https://www.amazon.c...cg_awstre_1a1_w

#949 An Orange Cat   Pet My Fur CAGiversary!   1560 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

An Orange Cat

Posted 21 June 2021 - 09:46 PM

I grabbed a cheap Switch Pro controller knock off with good reviews for under $10.

#950 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4302 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 22 June 2021 - 12:18 AM

Nice I was able to get a new work PC for about $477. Good specs and about 50% off MSRP, hopefully it doesn't look like it had been run over by a car!

#951 SW4J   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   494 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2021 - 01:34 AM

I don't see a Prime Day general thread but this kinda works?  How are the deals on micro SD cards?  I haven't been actively following micro SD card prices, and I know it's common for them to raise prices right before they go on "sale". 

https://www.amazon.com/deal/3800cf3f?

Specifically how's the 512 GB sandisk for $56? 

https://www.amazon.c...r/dp/B08GXXKY6P

Running out of space on the Switch, should I just try to hold out until Black Friday?

#952 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4302 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 22 June 2021 - 01:43 AM

I don't see a Prime Day general thread but this kinda works? How are the deals on micro SD cards? I haven't been actively following micro SD card prices, and I know it's common for them to raise prices right before they go on "sale".

https://www.amazon.com/deal/3800cf3f?

Specifically how's the 512 GB sandisk for $56?
https://www.amazon.c...r/dp/B08GXXKY6P

Running out of space on the Switch, should I just try to hold out until Black Friday?

512gb for $56 is an awesome deal. I'm pretty sure that's the lowest I've seen it. I have a 400 gb that's full so it's tempting, but kinda holding out for a 1tb card for under a $100. But my digital collection is embarrassingly large

#953 menewbe   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   713 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2021 - 03:39 AM

512gb for $56 is an awesome deal. I'm pretty sure that's the lowest I've seen it. I have a 400 gb that's full so it's tempting, but kinda holding out for a 1tb card for under a $100. But my digital collection is embarrassingly large

How many games do you have on the 400 gb card by chance? I've still mainly been getting physical carts, but been thinking of slowly going digital. Not sure if I should just get a 256 or 400 for now since I kinda want a 1tb card to hit sub $100 too.

#954 heatdolphins45   Wade County CAG CAGiversary!   4385 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

heatdolphins45

Posted 22 June 2021 - 04:06 AM

Nabbed a Watch Dogs Legion Steelbook for $22 after taxes -- new DLC comes out July 6. 

#955 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4302 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 22 June 2021 - 04:10 AM

How many games do you have on the 400 gb card by chance? I've still mainly been getting physical carts, but been thinking of slowly going digital. Not sure if I should just get a 256 or 400 for now since I kinda want a 1tb card to hit sub $100 too.

Oh I have a bunch. I recently deleted some stuff I hadn't played in a while. It fills up quickly if you buy Nintendo games digitally, like Zelda BotW is like 15gb, but if it is mainly for digital only games/indies, then 400gb is probably enough.

#956 DavidD   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   230 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2021 - 08:07 AM

25% off select warehouse items for prime day.

I -almost- purchased the Hori Mario Kart Wheel and the 8bitdo arcade stick yesterday -- with the discount, they'd have been $60 each.  However, I just couldn't get myself to do it...

For $40, I'd have grabbed them... and while $60 is a good discount, I don't think I use either one enough to justify it.

I did grab one of the 8bitdo Sega-style 6 button bluetooth controllers for $20, though.

#957 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8530 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2021 - 10:51 AM

25% off select warehouse items for prime day. Here's the list of everything

https://www.amazon.c...cg_awstre_1a1_w

25% off with Prime.  Usually, the discount applies if you don't have Prime, but not in this case.  I was going to order a few things, but I'll wait until they do the usual 10% off deal.

#958 Sielanas  

Posted 22 June 2021 - 10:53 AM

I bought a 1TB surveillance hard drive for $30 and a wifi flushmount light fixture for $25. There are a LOT of likely dingers all over the place. Steelseries Arctis 9X headset, retail $199, is cosmetic damage for $108 after promo. For something I literally can't see while using it's pretty tempting.

#959 Richard Kain   The Kaiser CAGiversary!   2948 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Richard Kain

Posted 22 June 2021 - 06:30 PM

I did grab one of the 8bitdo Sega-style 6 button bluetooth controllers for $20, though.

Ooooo, that's a good get. I have one of those pads, and it's one of my favorite ways to play older games on my switch. The slightly mushier round D-Pad has that great classic Sega feel. That combined with the 6-button layout makes it a fantastic fighting-game pad.

I passed on the aracde stick as well. Partially because I have the original 8-bitdo arcade stick. I will likely eventually get the new, upgraded arcade stick, the 2.4 Ghz support for it is very tempting. But I'll likely wait until after the Analogue Duo comes out.

The gaming deals for Prime day have been hit and miss, and mainly miss. Not very steep discounts, and what has been there has been sparse. Some of the smaller publishers seem to be getting into it at least. I picked up a copy of CrossCode from Inin, and they have another game going up for sale later today. I had to settle for the PS4 version of CrossCode, as the Switch version had already sold out.

#960 Strider Turbulence EX  

Strider Turbulence EX

Posted 22 June 2021 - 11:05 PM

The 25% discount is over. Sucks, I was hoping it would last until midnight.