* * * - - 2 votes

Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread XVIII

#931 tangytangerine   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4379 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

tangytangerine

Posted 21 April 2021 - 05:08 AM

I saw that game on Warehouse when I was browsing this morning.  I only have an Xbox One S, so I figured it would only be a disappointment when I finally booted it up.  Needless to say, I passed on it.  :shock:

That's actually what I'm playing it on(XB1 S 500GB model).    Doesn't seem that bad.

#932 Daisydog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1514 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2021 - 06:32 AM

What's goofy is my "acceptable" dualsense was frigging pristine, box and everything. Like it had been taken out, "yep, it's a controller," and returned.

It's a crapshoot.

My "very good" DualSense controller arrived with bite marks on and around the left thumbstick. It even had a bubble underneath the rubber like if it had come off and was put back on. There was grime all up the sides too, so very used.

It's going back and luckily there are some "like new" controllers in stock for just a few dollars more, so I'm going to try my luck with those. Sorry to the next person who gets it. At least I cleaned out the grime for you.

#933 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   4372 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2021 - 07:08 AM

My "very good" DualSense controller arrived with bite marks on and around the left thumbstick. It even had a bubble underneath the rubber like if it had come off and was put back on. There was grime all up the sides too, so very used.

It's going back and luckily there are some "like new" controllers in stock for just a few dollars more, so I'm going to try my luck with those. Sorry to the next person who gets it. At least I cleaned out the grime for you.

Did you get an original box and inserts with yours?

#934 Daisydog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1514 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2021 - 07:13 AM

Did you get an original box and inserts with yours?

Yes

#935 SackAttack   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   889 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

SackAttack

Posted 21 April 2021 - 07:27 AM

I honestly think they just grab a product at random without reference to whether it matches the description or not. That's the only way such disparate experiences can be reconciled.

#936 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   4372 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2021 - 10:24 AM

Yes

Mine was Like New and I didn't get an outer box, just the inside one and the paperwork. I wish I could have yours.

#937 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6314 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 22 April 2021 - 01:38 AM

Mine came today also (just got the shipping notification yesterday) AND IT WAS A DINGER!!!! ^O^

I rolled the dice since it had a dinger descrip of small mark on disc, small dent x-x measurement and all the usual tell tale signs. And it came with not a mark on the controller itself.  The only damage to the box was on the top where the pastic part goes through the cardboar and it was torn slightly on each corner about half an inch in each direction.  

#938 Daisydog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1514 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 April 2021 - 04:42 AM

The "like new" DualSense was brand new. It didn't even look like it had been opened before. The listing didn't have any description about condition, that area was just blank.

#939 malfcn   CAGalicious! CAGiversary!   2524 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2021 - 10:41 PM

There was a good Xbox series expansion card for about $165. I'm good still for now, but it was tempting. If there was a current 20% off I would have snatched it.

#940 inverted_fray  

inverted_fray

Posted 27 April 2021 - 07:50 AM

A couple years ago I took a chance and bought a vinyl LP that was in "good condition" from Amazon warehouse. When it got to me it was as if someone was so angry with it that they threw it across the room, stomped on it and hit it on several hard objects.

#941 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   3203 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2021 - 01:02 PM

they threw it across the room, stomped on it and hit it on several hard objects.

In my area, this pretty accurately describes anything shipped through UPS in a bubble mailer or without a box.

#942 toska  

Posted 27 April 2021 - 01:28 PM

In my area, this pretty accurately describes anything shipped through UPS in a bubble mailer or without a box.

i deal with ups and fedex every day and its like that everywhere
anything throwable you can assume has been thrown
if you put a fragile sticker on it they throw it extra hard
do not send any bubble mailers or envelopes through ups especially.

#943 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6314 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 27 April 2021 - 04:04 PM

I can tell you that boxes make no difference. Done boxes thoroughly packed up with individual wrapped, bubble wrap and giant bubble wrap so it doesn't even make a sound when shook and they both still managed to destroy everything inside.

#944 Stormedtrooper   Say no to Halo. CAGiversary!   1796 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Stormedtrooper

Posted 27 April 2021 - 09:40 PM

Just bought Cyberpunk 2077 X1 twice during the recent 20% off sale. First copy arrived with the center spindle of disk 1 melted. The 2nd copy arrived with only disk 2 included. Surprisingly, they both did arrive with all bonus goodies intact. I guess I am not destined to have this game...at least from AWD. Hoping Amazon doesn't give me any grief about returning them both.

#945 jbg87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   826 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2021 - 11:14 PM

10% Off select warehouse back

#946 billyrox   Old Man CAGiversary!   3366 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2021 - 01:59 PM

How often are dingers now?  I was looking into getting a stationary bike and the description for VG is Item will come in original packaging. Packaging will be damaged.

#947 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6314 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 31 May 2021 - 02:55 PM

Dingers wise I got in on the ps5 controller dinger set when those were on sale.  As usual it's a complete crap shoot especially with a vague description like that. Best indication of a dinger in my experience is when it says small mark x/x small mark on this or that and details of the length.