* * * * - 10 votes

Gamestop "New" Thread

#5341 xactoly  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 12:08 PM

Garden Warfare 2 Nooooo! TIV back to $12

#5342 TuscaloosaJohnny  

TuscaloosaJohnny

Posted 17 April 2018 - 12:11 PM

I think most of the conversation here was about transferring credit to BB and then buying Disney cards there.

Yes, this.

#5343 CamperinaBush   Games! CAGiversary!   354 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

CamperinaBush

Posted 17 April 2018 - 12:11 PM

It was part of the stealth bump that ended yesterday. TIVs are back to being completely terrible. All of the BB>GS movers tanked as well except RDR.

CamperInaBush.png

#5344 coolduck   super cool duck CAG Veteran   241 Posts   Joined 0.9 Years Ago  

coolduck

Posted 17 April 2018 - 12:12 PM

glad i moved some copies of wildlands for cash yesterday, values down from 21 to 18$ a piece. rip

#5345 TuscaloosaJohnny  

TuscaloosaJohnny

Posted 17 April 2018 - 12:12 PM

If I remember correctly, Rewards certs do not work on steam/PSN/Xbox cards correct?’l

True, but you can also redeem your points directly for console digital cash.

#5346 ubiquetous  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 12:58 PM

Yes but when will Yakuza 6 come off of preorder status.

It's available as of 1 am EDT this morning on bestbuy.com.

#5347 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   3307 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 01:07 PM

Had a bit of a hassle at Gamestop yesterday. Long story short, I want to pay a bill inside the local mall and stopped into the Gamestop inside to trade a couple of Switch games towards God of War to get the extra 40%. Like many of you I do this all the time and if I don't plan on picking up the game I transfer the credit to another pre-order. Well, the employee who was the Assistant Manager at this store at first was fine with me doing this and then he started getting weird on me and asked if I was going to pick it up and I told him that I honestly wasn't sure and may end up transferring the credit to another pre-order.

He then immediately made some story up about how if I were to do that I would lose the trade bonus which doesn't make any sense considering the credit would have already been on my account or used in this case since I was buying a game too. I didn't want to argue with the guy and just took my games back and went to the store I normally go in by my house which had the used Fire Emblem Warriors I wanted to pick up and also gave me no issues with the trade. I also decided to pick up God of War at Gamestop so that I can also pick up the two God of War Totaku figures since they are doing 20% off collectables with purchase of God of War and with the trade credit I am not spending much more than I would have at Best Buy with GCU and I can get the game Thursday evening!

Currently Playing:

:ps4: Monster Hunter World and Far Cry 5  |  :xb1: Sea of Thieves  |   :switch: Flinthook

Also Casually Playing: 

Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 (N64)

#5348 NSpectreGarrus   CAGosaurus Rex! CAGiversary!   772 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

NSpectreGarrus

Posted 17 April 2018 - 01:17 PM

Oof!  Glad I traded in one copy last night, still have one though.  Think I'll hang onto it for a bit, this game seems to always get included in the stealth bumps.

631840.png

#5349 ubiquetous  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 01:19 PM

Had a bit of a hassle at Gamestop yesterday. Long story short, I want to pay a bill inside the local mall and stopped into the Gamestop inside to trade a couple of Switch games towards God of War to get the extra 40%. Like many of you I do this all the time and if I don't plan on picking up the game I transfer the credit to another pre-order. Well, the employee who was the Assistant Manager at this store at first was fine with me doing this and then he started getting weird on me and asked if I was going to pick it up and I told him that I honestly wasn't sure and may end up transferring the credit to another pre-order.

He then immediately made some story up about how if I were to do that I would lose the trade bonus which doesn't make any sense considering the credit would have already been on my account or used in this case since I was buying a game too. I didn't want to argue with the guy and just took my games back and went to the store I normally go in by my house which had the used Fire Emblem Warriors I wanted to pick up and also gave me no issues with the trade. I also decided to pick up God of War at Gamestop so that I can also pick up the two God of War Totaku figures since they are doing 20% off collectables with purchase of God of War and with the trade credit I am not spending much more than I would have at Best Buy with GCU and I can get the game Thursday evening!

That's the way to do it. Don't give your stuff up into the circle of life unless you get what you want.

Also, you have made a good point that others can learn from: rapport often goes a long way in business.

#5350 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36392 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 01:27 PM

Next time just say something innocuous like "maybe" or "I'm considering it based on its positive reviews".

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :switch: Super Mario Odyssey :ps4: Monster Hunter World :ps3: WipEout HD [Fury DLC] :vita: Adventures of Mana

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games:  :ps3: God of War III (4.25/5) :vita: Wipeout 2048 (4.0/5)

#5351 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   3307 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 01:38 PM

That's the way to do it. Don't give your stuff up into the circle of life unless you get what you want.

Also, you have made a good point that others can learn from: rapport often goes a long way in business.

This employee was just kind of a jerk honestly. I used to work for Gamestop many years ago and was in a management position myself which I even explained to the guy and let him know that I would not just up and cancel a pre-order without pre-ordering something else because I know how it is working there. 

Also on a related note, I asked that same employee about the extra $5 for Switch trades which is still advertised on the site last I checked. He told me that promotion ended, but I think he was talking out of his ass again. When I asked him to see if another store had Fire Emblem Warriors used he didn't even actually look and told me that no one within 20 miles had a used copy, but I found one at the store I specifically asked the guy to check which is about 5-10 miles away. I don't think I have ever encountered an employee who tried so hard to drive my business away. 

Currently Playing:

:ps4: Monster Hunter World and Far Cry 5  |  :xb1: Sea of Thieves  |   :switch: Flinthook

Also Casually Playing: 

#5352 Unsocial Worker  

Unsocial Worker

Posted 17 April 2018 - 02:16 PM

So on the Spring sale (or whatever it was called) they had all strategy guides half off for a while and I pre ordered the new God of War Collectors Edition at $19.99 and now I’m looking at the order and it says my balance is going to be $39.99. Are they really going to f*** me over like that lol?

That’s not just the gamestop way, I have never seen a store honor a current sale price for a product that comes out after the sale is over. No store is going to offer, let’s say, $10 off new games, and allow you to pre order every new game for the next year at $50. That’s just not how it works...

#5353 The Incredulous Star-Lord  

The Incredulous Star-Lord

Posted 17 April 2018 - 02:36 PM

Looks like a handful of values plummeted. Darn. 

#5354 Bosshog   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   18 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 02:39 PM

Does the additional $5 on Switch games stack with the 40% toward God of War?

#5355 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36392 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 02:44 PM

Does the additional $5 on Switch games stack with the 40% toward God of War?

No.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :switch: Super Mario Odyssey :ps4: Monster Hunter World :ps3: WipEout HD [Fury DLC] :vita: Adventures of Mana

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games:  :ps3: God of War III (4.25/5) :vita: Wipeout 2048 (4.0/5)

#5356 sonicguile  

sonicguile

Posted 17 April 2018 - 02:57 PM

Easiest way to handle this is saying YES, I will pick up this preorder. I have left preorder not picked up for months. Either I transfer it another preorder or just cancel it. One thing I know is that assistant manager won’t stay in one store for too long. They either quit or get reassign to another store. If going to do trades with Gamestop, I wouldn’t want to burn any bridges with them. There will always be crazy trades and I would hate to be flagged by them.

#5357 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   3307 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 02:59 PM

Looks like a handful of values plummeted. Darn. 

Yeah, glad I traded in Lego Marvel 2 and Rayman Legends on Switch yesterday.  Was going to trade a copy of Digimon Cyber Sleuth today, but the value has dropped and now it's not worth the trouble for me. 

I do have a B2G1 free that expires at the end of this month though. Thinking about picking up a couple of games and trading the freebie in if I can find 2 games I need to pick up so I can get a $55 used game for free to trade in for $25-$30 credit. 

Currently Playing:

Also Casually Playing: 

#5358 DisGonnaBeGood   Put some hot sauce on my burrito baby! CAGiversary!   3126 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 17 April 2018 - 04:46 PM

As long as you're not going overboard with cancelling pre-orders, and actually picking some of it up, I don't think it's a big deal. That or you don't have like 10 open pre-orders with only $5 on each one.

#5359 madmatt213   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   49 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

madmatt213

Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:08 PM

I need to get a better feel for the stealth bump schedule. I was all excited about Burnout Remastered being $21 yesterday, but then it tanked back to $13 today. I should have went out yesterday instead of planning to trade it in on Saturday for the double-points.

#5360 DisGonnaBeGood   Put some hot sauce on my burrito baby! CAGiversary!   3126 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:10 PM

I need to get a better feel for the stealth bump schedule. I was all excited about Burnout Remastered being $21 yesterday, but then it tanked back to $13 today. I should have went out yesterday instead of planning to trade it in on Saturday for the double-points.

I think it's usually Saturday - Monday usually.

#5361 bige562   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   321 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:42 PM

Stealth bumps usually start either Thursday or Friday and go on until Monday. They never last all week.

#5362 Bosshog   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   18 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:54 PM

I got lucky I guess because I saved a few trades a few hours before the tank.

#5363 DiaperDandee   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   139 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

DiaperDandee

Posted 17 April 2018 - 06:25 PM

That’s not just the gamestop way, I have never seen a store honor a current sale price for a product that comes out after the sale is over. No store is going to offer, let’s say, $10 off new games, and allow you to pre order every new game for the next year at $50. That’s just not how it works...

I don’t think you understand. The item was $19.99 when I ordered it and put it on my card, now I have to go to the store where I was supposed to pick it up and cancel my order. Most places would cancel it if the pricing glitch was too big, but for me to order it at $19.99 and be expected to pay $39.99 when I get there is straight up BS. They should just cancel the order and save me the hassle (that was their fault) of having to go out there.

#5364 bige562   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   321 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 06:34 PM

I don’t think you understand. The item was $19.99 when I ordered it and put it on my card, now I have to go to the store where I was supposed to pick it up and cancel my order. Most places would cancel it if the pricing glitch was too big, but for me to order it at $19.99 and be expected to pay $39.99 when I get there is straight up BS. They should just cancel the order and save me the hassle (that was their fault) of having to go out there.

You should contact customer service. They should honor it if that was the price listed when you placed the order.

#5365 GamerSavage   Just Being Myself CAGiversary!   608 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 17 April 2018 - 06:44 PM

what a great guy! did he also tell you that you got the same bump from buying the xbox currency?

Knowing GS employees he may have been oblivious to the gift card promo.

But who knows.

Either he was oblivious to the digital currency promo or the system didn't allow the GoW and digital currency bonuses to stack. I wasn't going to ask about it since he was cool about adding the GoW trade bonus. I wasn't feeling too good yesterday so I didn't get the chance to trade the other games. Now the values are tanked and I'd be a little over $10 short of paying off my pre-order. I'll look and see if I have anything else worth trading in towards it.

Edit: I knew the stealth bump values weren't going to hold through today. What I should have done was trade the other two games last Saturday along with the first batch.

I'm just trying to keep it together over here...

#5366 squishface   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1635 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

squishface

Posted 17 April 2018 - 06:50 PM

As long as you're not going overboard with cancelling pre-orders, and actually picking some of it up, I don't think it's a big deal. That or you don't have like 10 open pre-orders with only $5 on each one.

I had 3 open preorders with $5 on them from months ago. Dirt4, Mario odyssey, and assassin's creed origins. The funny thing is ALL the games were picked up and I've been playing for a while, but the money was still in the system lol.
One of the new guys didn't ring it properly according to the guy I was talking to.
"I do whatever my Rice Krispies tell me to!"

#5367 westcoaststyle   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   333 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

westcoaststyle

Posted 17 April 2018 - 07:30 PM

There was a GS e-mail sent out last week saying that values would be valid until the 16th. 

#5368 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   3307 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 08:09 PM

That's the kicker with the employee I encountered yesterday. I only had one game pre-ordered which is Dark Souls for Switch and I intend on picking it up. Turns out that I am going to pick up God of War at Gamestop as well, but originally was just going to get my pre-order at Best Buy, but need to pick up some stuff at Gamestop alongside it and I can also get it Thursday night opposed to Friday after work. 

It's actually rare that I pre-order games at Gamestop and when I do I rotate the credit to different games if I don't pick something up. 

Currently Playing:

Also Casually Playing: 

#5369 inkcil   This Baby Bomber go Boo Boo CAGiversary!   979 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 11:59 PM

Is Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Deluxe worth $20 or $30 bucks? It's $30 right now and I was thinking about using a $10 cert to drop it to $20. All opinions welcome...I'm getting that itch with the new Avengers movie dropping soon.

#5370 CamperinaBush   Games! CAGiversary!   354 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

CamperinaBush

Posted 18 April 2018 - 12:02 AM

Is Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Deluxe worth $20 or $30 bucks? It's $30 right now and I was thinking about using a $10 cert to drop it to $20. All opinions welcome...I'm getting that itch with the new Avengers movie dropping soon.

It’s $10 at Redbox right now if you don’t mind not having the case.

CamperInaBush.png