* * * * - 10 votes

Gamestop "New" Thread

#5671 JCDogg911   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   298 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

JCDogg911

Posted 22 April 2018 - 06:37 AM

If I place a pre-order at GameStop A, do I have to cancel it at that store or can I cancel it at GameStop B?

cancel only GS A, Cancel for purchase can at GS B....some cases the distances has to be great if not buying the same thing.

#5672 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 22 April 2018 - 06:50 AM

I hope double points "day" was good for everyone.  I know I had fun (even though I redeemed a $25 GS.com reward by accident). 

$290 to trade in a PS4 Pro

$400 to buy a PS4 Pro

$80 to pick up Ni No Kuni LE

$27 to trade in PvZ:Gw2

$65 to buy Minecraft Pig controller for Xbox One

= LOTS of points!

$80 more for trading an XB1, is that on top of the quoted value?

No, the value you see on the website is what they will give you.

#5673 WWF   Games Jandolfini & Bobby Balaklava CAGiversary!   797 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2018 - 07:51 AM

I fell asleep before the mall closed and missed double points for GOW. Well, it’s only $1.80 in points lost. Still got my X and Origins/RE7GOTY for $10 each, and Labo. Should get like $35-40 worth of certs back.

Was GOW one of the Best Buy $10 back pre orders? I regret not checking .

#5674 coolduck   super cool duck CAG Veteran   266 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

coolduck

Posted 22 April 2018 - 08:55 AM

I fell asleep before the mall closed and missed double points for GOW. Well, it’s only $1.80 in points lost. Still got my X and Origins/RE7GOTY for $10 each, and Labo. Should get like $35-40 worth of certs back.

i dont think so. if it was one it wasnt one close to release.

#5675 Helldweller87   Shots Fired CAGiversary!   1428 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Helldweller87

Posted 22 April 2018 - 02:11 PM

Anyone know anything about issues with PSN accounts not being able to login in on PS4?  I just got a new pro about a month ago and just recently hooked it up and i have had issues where it won't login me in to my PSN account. It works fine on my vita, but from what i have found out it seems to be a random issue going.  Been almost 2 weeks and haven't been able to login in.

"Why should I be content to lead one nation, when I can control the whole world, 'Mr. President?"  Yuri : RA2

776390.png

776391.png

#5676 ritchardf  

Posted 22 April 2018 - 03:01 PM

Anyone know anything about issues with PSN accounts not being able to login in on PS4?  I just got a new pro about a month ago and just recently hooked it up and i have had issues where it won't login me in to my PSN account. It works fine on my vita, but from what i have found out it seems to be a random issue going.  Been almost 2 weeks and haven't been able to login in.

have you downloaded the system update? i think it will sometimes keep you from signing in and going online if you havent updated that yet.

#5677 bonesawisready   YES! YES! YES! CAGiversary!   1485 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

bonesawisready

Posted 22 April 2018 - 04:14 PM

Can you use a $5 new coupon and a $5 pre owned coupon on the same transaction?

#5678 fieryavenger   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   63 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

fieryavenger

Posted 22 April 2018 - 04:17 PM

Can you use a $5 new coupon and a $5 pre owned coupon on the same transaction?

How can you buy an item that is both new and used at the same time? Think about it. And if you still can understand it then the answer is no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#5679 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7447 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2018 - 04:18 PM

I’m aware that I don’t really deserve thanks and that I don’t put nearly as much effort as others would. I just didn’t want the thread to die. I am not really good at the cool links and Xbox/ps logos, and if I learned them I don’t think I have the time to really implement. The OP isn’t great but in my mind it’s better than nothing.

If anyone wants to take over because of formatting or wants to add more info, I am ok with that. In no way is this “my” thread. I’m a low level trader and sorry I never made the OP as nice as the Xbox or Eshop threads. No idea about the psn thread - stinks too much of fan boy for me to look

Edit: yup, psn OP looks great too. Yeah my OP is crap, any takers?

It's about the content for me. I don't care if it is not the prettiest OP post on the site.

jimbo8574.pngjimbo8574.png

#5680 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7447 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2018 - 04:22 PM

I was up by my local game stop too early yesterday morning. Was only going to buy $40-$50 in space bucks. Decided it wasn't worth another trip later in the day.

#5681 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7447 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2018 - 04:24 PM

Anyone know anything about issues with PSN accounts not being able to login in on PS4? I just got a new pro about a month ago and just recently hooked it up and i have had issues where it won't login me in to my PSN account. It works fine on my vita, but from what i have found out it seems to be a random issue going. Been almost 2 weeks and haven't been able to login in.

I played on my PlayStation this morning with no issues. Saw a bunch of my friends online too.

#5682 Helldweller87   Shots Fired CAGiversary!   1428 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Helldweller87

Posted 22 April 2018 - 04:27 PM

have you downloaded the system update? i think it will sometimes keep you from signing in and going online if you havent updated that yet.

yeah it's on the most current update. Just not sure why it wont log in.

"Why should I be content to lead one nation, when I can control the whole world, 'Mr. President?"  Yuri : RA2

776390.png

776391.png

#5683 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2168 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 22 April 2018 - 04:38 PM

How can you buy an item that is both new and used at the same time? Think about it. And if you still can understand it then the answer is no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

By buying two games... Mind=blown 🤯
CBrownsT10.pngTheLegendoTyler.png

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 6690-7182-9810

#5684 jbg87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   192 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2018 - 04:54 PM

Y’all think the Xbox one s 1tb tiv will drop tomorrow? How much was it before ?

I might trade my switch in as well I haven’t touched it at all recently...I want to trade my s and switch for an x

#5685 Nelson2011   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   75 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Nelson2011

Posted 22 April 2018 - 05:16 PM

Y’all think the Xbox one s 1tb tiv will drop tomorrow? How much was it before ?

I might trade my switch in as well I haven’t touched it at all recently...I want to trade my s and switch for an x

It was like $90-100 before lol and it will probably drop till the next trade bonus they do, since the current one ends today.

#5686 jeffcrazy   oh well whatever nevermind CAGiversary!   1412 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

jeffcrazy

Posted 22 April 2018 - 06:03 PM

[nevermind guess I should not have posted this link, my bad - sorry if it caused anybody problems I had no idea it could possibly do anything bad]

I'd love to hear if anybody is actually successful in claiming the new virtual trade card that is promised.  I never have been able to  get it so I make sure to go in store during a slow period and get an employee to call the dedicated help line for stores.  

Good Luck!

#5687 MellowSky  

MellowSky

Posted 22 April 2018 - 06:20 PM

I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I really enjoyed the cash same as credit promo. Even with the bad trade values, I made a nice profit. Cash is king!

#5688 jbg87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   192 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2018 - 06:22 PM

I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I really enjoyed the cash same as credit promo. Even with the bad trade values, I made a nice profit. Cash is king!

Same I bought a huge Gameboy/Ds Lot for 125$ and After picking them up I instantly took 10 Ds games to gamestop for $100 and had 79 games left over lol

#5689 anarchyburger   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1272 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

anarchyburger

Posted 22 April 2018 - 06:34 PM

If you want to see how much in trade credit Gamestop has stolen from you, this link is a form that will tell you:

https://www.gamestop...6&utm_content=5

I'd love to hear if anybody is actually successful in claiming the new virtual trade card that is promised. I never have been able to get it so I make sure to go in store during a slow period and get an employee to call the dedicated help line for stores.

Good Luck!

how is this determined? I have always had my trade credit on a trade card but I checked my account and it says $330 unused trade credit. That is kind of a lot so I submitted the form for a virtual trade card.
GameCenter/Words with Friends: Rjsanchez88
Steam: AnrchyBurgr8t8
Origin(BF3): anarchyburger8t8
Feel free to add me, let me know you're a fellow CAG
Posted Image

#5690 jbg87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   192 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2018 - 06:41 PM

It was like $90-100 before lol and it will probably drop till the next trade bonus they do, since the current one ends today.

I’ll probably just wait then, I’m hoping for a good trade week for state of decay 2...just my switch has been collecting dust recently and there’s really no games on my radar rn. I’ll rebuy it when the online drops, my dock is all bent now anyway

#5691 Nelson2011   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   75 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Nelson2011

Posted 22 April 2018 - 07:01 PM

So how many points did you guys make this friday/sat? 85650 for me bringing me up to 195k lol

#5692 jeffcrazy   oh well whatever nevermind CAGiversary!   1412 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

jeffcrazy

Posted 22 April 2018 - 07:03 PM

how is this determined? I have always had my trade credit on a trade card but I checked my account and it says $330 unused trade credit. That is kind of a lot so I submitted the form for a virtual trade card.

I'm not 100% sure, but I'm sure all of us have placed orders online using trade credit only to have Gamestop cancel items or the entire order.  

I'm sure most people here have a ton of orders they've placed online still say "open" even though you'll never get whatever items haven't already been shipped.  I think both of those somehow play a part in it.   I also think that Gamestop may tell you that you failed placing an order, but if you paid by trade credit they might take that amount away from you anyway.   I also think that if your balance on a gift/trade card dips below a certain amount and isn't used within x amount of days, Gamestop just zeroes out that balance and only gives it back when you ask about it.   

I don't know for sure any of that is true, but the internet is full of complaints against Gamestop that are much worse then any of the things I wrote above.  The ridiculous emails I've exchanged with Gamestop customer service are so stupid that I have to believe they are just trolling me.   The runaround is so insane, it's almost an artform.  That's why I've always had to go in store to claim it.  

#5693 FlyingMonkey9   Genetically Modified CAG CAGiversary!   3909 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

FlyingMonkey9

Posted 22 April 2018 - 07:05 PM

If you want to see how much in trade credit Gamestop has stolen from you, this link is a form that will tell you:

https://www.gamestop...6&utm_content=5

I'd love to hear if anybody is actually successful in claiming the new virtual trade card that is promised. I never have been able to get it so I make sure to go in store during a slow period and get an employee to call the dedicated help line for stores.

Good Luck!

WtF!! It says I have over 200 in trade credit!!! Holy smokes if this goes through I’m guying you all a salmon dinner

#5694 ritchardf  

Posted 22 April 2018 - 07:27 PM

that link has floated around before, all you people are doing by submitting is putting the credit on your account in limbo, there is no free money there.

#5695 WWF   Games Jandolfini & Bobby Balaklava CAGiversary!   797 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2018 - 07:27 PM

It never goes though. Unless you know for certain you’ve misplaced a $100-$200 card from some big trade ya did (something that’d be immediately noticeable to most of us) then it’s either counting your existing unspent cards or double counting cancelled orders whose cards you later spent elsewhere as mentioned above.

The initial amount said won’t be reflected in what’s emailed to you (a zero dollar code) and if you ask customer service about it they’ll say the initial offer was a mistake.

#5696 rdigit   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   574 Posts   Joined 0.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2018 - 07:29 PM

Yeah this is f'd up. Good thing I've saved all my receipts since July 2017. Half way through and I think I see some credit missing, but it's hard to say because online orders don't show you payment method or card you paid with.

#5697 heatison777   The Heat is On CAGiversary!   389 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

heatison777

Posted 22 April 2018 - 07:30 PM

My local Gamestop had a used God of War yesterday. It was $38 After Elite, Birthday coupon and tax. Not expecting the guaranteed $40 since it said "New" in disclaimer, but I have it loaded in my app. Throw in the 2x points and I used trade-in credit, solid CAG deal.

#5698 Omni99  

Posted 22 April 2018 - 07:40 PM

My local Gamestop had a used God of War yesterday. It was $38 After Elite, Birthday coupon and tax. Not expecting the guaranteed $40 since it said "New" in disclaimer, but I have it loaded in my app. Throw in the 2x points and I used trade-in credit, solid CAG deal.

Must be some of those folks who got early copies. I can't imagine anyone buying this game and thinking "This sucks" and trading it the very next day.

#5699 jbg87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   192 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2018 - 07:46 PM

Must be some of those folks who got early copies. I can't imagine anyone buying this game and thinking "This sucks" and trading it the very next day.

They probably beat it...honestly once you beat these type of games it’s done why keep it unless your collecting or going for gow mode

#5700 rdigit   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   574 Posts   Joined 0.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2018 - 08:02 PM

They probably beat it...honestly once you beat these type of games it’s done why keep it unless your collecting or going for gow mode

Or bought collectors and ps4 pro, don't need more than one copy