* * * * - 10 votes

Gamestop "New" Thread

#31 The Stache   I remember when GCU was $120 CAGiversary!   186 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

The Stache

Posted 24 January 2018 - 08:41 PM

I'm just here so I don't get fined.

#32 miketheplantguy   Banned Banned   600 Posts   Joined 1.4 Years Ago  

miketheplantguy

Posted 24 January 2018 - 09:06 PM

Some very good points about gifts and collectibles.

What I don’t like about GS is that they don’t have a good sale or trade promo for us to talk about :)

But (like others have said) retail sales after the holidays usually aren’t great.

#33 dkstariob   Banned Banned   399 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

dkstariob

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:09 PM

Tempted to get the PSVR, (have a PS4 Pro, but tv is not 4K), but don't know if I should wait for the next version.  RE7 and Skyrim VR look fun.

#34 mcdull   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   669 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:25 PM

And I don’t think GameStop sucks. I don’t really see the need for a factory sealed copy most of the time. If the game looks perfect and the codes work i see nothing wrong. Granted I never got a opened new game when I ordered online. Pre owned from online is just a mixed bag of who knows.

I did get a "new" opened PC game ordered online once in a worn case, but it's $1 clearance game so not to bother much. It all depends if it's shipped from warehouse or stores.

I can understand they need to gut out the disc to have empty box to put on display shelves, but new should be new and how do I know the employee have not borrowed and played if the disc is not in sealed box? They can simply sell that at an used price later just like other retailers will sell floor model at floor model price.

#35 needler420   car title is lost CAGiversary!   2327 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:27 PM

Tempted to get the PSVR, (have a PS4 Pro, but tv is not 4K), but don't know if I should wait for the next version.  RE7 and Skyrim VR look fun.

Sounds like you need a 4k TV first otherwise a ps4 pro is pointless.

#36 3rdShift  

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:27 PM

I have $60 in reward points but really want eshop credit. They don't allow pos cards to be paid for with rewards certs. :-/

#37 mcdull   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   669 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:28 PM

When people can pay $60 for a new game (which I will not), but they're so hesitated to invest in hardware at $200 bundle (which includes $30-$60 game) for different gaming experience.

#38 sfabo   bro CAGiversary!   842 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:34 PM

#39 dkstariob   Banned Banned   399 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

dkstariob

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:34 PM

Sounds like you need a 4k TV first otherwise a ps4 pro is pointless.

Got the Pro because of a generous trade in offer, hard drive space, and boost mode/framerate for some games.  

When people can pay $60 for a new game (which I will not), but they're so hesitated to invest in hardware at $200 bundle (which includes $30-$60 game) for different gaming experience.

*hesitant.  I don't pay $60, just was looking for feedback based on my setup.  

#40 needler420   car title is lost CAGiversary!   2327 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:49 PM

Resident evil 7 gold edition is $39.99

I'm waiting for $20

#41 neonjam   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   35 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:55 PM

Tempted to get the PSVR, (have a PS4 Pro, but tv is not 4K), but don't know if I should wait for the next version. RE7 and Skyrim VR look fun.

I got a PSVR at Christmas and traded up to a PS4 Pro today for the fidelity boost in VR (it's definitely an improvement for some games, like DOOM VFR). If you've already got the Pro and have an interest, pick it up. The bigger VR market Sony sees, the better. Besides, at this point I would imagine a full generation change will happen before we see a new VR device considering they already did a minor revision this fall.

#42 neonjam   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   35 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:58 PM

-Double Post! Sorry.

#43 WickedCyclone  

WickedCyclone

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:59 PM

I bought a used Hyrule edition n3DS XL and it came today. It is overall very nice and has minimal wear. The best thing is it has dual ips screens! It is a night and day difference between the two especially when they are side by side. Awesome!

#44 miketheplantguy   Banned Banned   600 Posts   Joined 1.4 Years Ago  

miketheplantguy

Posted 24 January 2018 - 11:03 PM

Resident evil 7 gold edition is $39.99

I'm waiting for $20

Are the dlc on the disc? Or are they codes? I’m also waiting for 20.

Edit: based on being trade values for gold /regular, I am guessing dlc on disc. I hope

#45 dkstariob   Banned Banned   399 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

dkstariob

Posted 24 January 2018 - 11:22 PM

Edit: based on being trade values for gold /regular, I am guessing dlc on disc. I hope

All the dlc is on disc except for Not A Hero.  

#46 themidgardknight   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   138 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

themidgardknight

Posted 25 January 2018 - 12:51 AM

Yes Monster Hunter World is also listed for up to 40 percent trade in bonus towards it along with Shadow of the Colossus and Final Fantasy NT.

Is this advertised anywhere? I have a SotC pre-order to pay off...

Thanks!

#47 ihadmail   Banned Banned   1038 Posts   Joined 1.3 Years Ago  

ihadmail

Posted 25 January 2018 - 12:56 AM

Is this advertised anywhere? I have a SotC pre-order to pay off...
Thanks!

I got an email advertising the up to 40% toward my MHW preorder. It doesn't have an end date in the email. These promos typically show up at the bottom of Gamestop.com/trade but I'm only seeing the dragonball bonus listed there.

#48 Nick51705   Zelda Fan CAGiversary!   4106 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2018 - 01:00 AM

I'm here for the star.

I am getting the Dissidia CE at GS so I'll be dumping a few leftover games I got from the Microsoft Store.

#49 WWF   Games Jandolfini & Bobby Balaklava CAGiversary!   902 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2018 - 01:12 AM

Is GameStop the only major company short of a shady used car dealership tacked onto a totaled car repair shop, that actively tries to block customers from making returns or punishes employees for taking them (not to mention GameStop’s world exclusive policy of punishing whichever employee is on duty at the time of refund not the employee that recommended say an Xbox One game to a soccer mom who only has 360)?

I’m glad GS finally started giving consistent good TIVs and tons of B2G1 events in recent years , but the more I think all these companies are the same , and how certain shady practices like taking pre orders but selling them out from under you by 11AM are no longer a problem , I’m reminded that they are far worse into the corporate Newspeak and treating their employees like a cult, like the kids forced to build atom Cruise motorcycles and treating their customers like marks than their already bad in those regards competition.

Walmart CS might often get things like promotions wrong, but it’s out of ignorance or unfimiliarity with the games dept not sabotage, although the NES Classic turned all WM BB and Target employees into GameStoppers for a minute there, things like saying we’re sold out (cause an employee wants to buy) are just mother f’n Thursday at GameStop.

#50 Polanker  

Polanker

Posted 25 January 2018 - 02:04 AM

Anyone else get a text from GS saying you get $5 Rewards Cash for preordering DBZ FighterZ?

Cause I'm wondering if you get the $5 also for preordering other games.

I see no trace of this promo on their website, app, or weekly ad.

#51 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2468 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 25 January 2018 - 02:05 AM

All the dlc is on disc except for Not A Hero. 

It's Asura's Wrath-like Capcom garbage again -- Not a Hero is effectively part of the ending to RE7 so it's a necessary part for the story.

Capcom and others that do this might say it's because the DLC wasn't ready but it's really because they want to snub used game retailers.  The more important parts are DLC-only, the less and less likely people will buy these at Gamestop.

#52 Lumas101  

Posted 25 January 2018 - 02:18 AM

Thanks for the new thread. I hope it sticks around for a bit.

#53 miketheplantguy   Banned Banned   600 Posts   Joined 1.4 Years Ago  

miketheplantguy

Posted 25 January 2018 - 02:20 AM

It's Asura's Wrath-like Capcom garbage again -- Not a Hero is effectively part of the ending to RE7 so it's a necessary part for the story.

Capcom and others that do this might say it's because the DLC wasn't ready but it's really because they want to snub used game retailers. The more important parts are DLC-only, the less and less likely people will buy these at Gamestop.

Isn’t not a hero dlc free?

#54 gamerdad101  

gamerdad101

Posted 25 January 2018 - 02:20 AM

Anyone else get a text from GS saying you get $5 Rewards Cash for preordering DBZ FighterZ?

Cause I'm wondering if you get the $5 also for preordering other games.

I see no trace of this promo on their website, app, or weekly ad.

I got one yesterday saying if you pre-ordered by 1/25 and picked up by 2/4 you got 3x the rewards points. 

#55 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3343 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 25 January 2018 - 02:29 AM

Am I missing something? Where is the psvr $200?

#56 themidgardknight   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   138 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

themidgardknight

Posted 25 January 2018 - 02:51 AM

I got one yesterday saying if you pre-ordered by 1/25 and picked up by 2/4 you got 3x the rewards points.

Was it until the 25th or through the 25th... Aka could I pre-order tomorrow and get that bonus?

Thanks y'all. Dbz looking good.

#57 Polanker  

Polanker

Posted 25 January 2018 - 03:18 AM

The text verbatim:

"GameStop PowerUp Rewards: Dragon Ball FighterZ will be available this Friday! Score $5 Rewards Cash when you pre-order by 1/25 & pick up by 2/4."

#58 mitch079   Mumm-Ra shares with no one! CAGiversary!   12711 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2018 - 03:40 AM

Capcom and others that do this might say it's because the DLC wasn't ready but it's really because they want to snub used game retailers.  The more important parts are DLC-only, the less and less likely people will buy these at Gamestop.

Isn’t not a hero dlc free?

It sure is.  Nice insane rant, Romeo. 

#59 Argonauts  

Argonauts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 03:46 AM

Was it until the 25th or through the 25th... Aka could I pre-order tomorrow and get that bonus?
Thanks y'all. Dbz looking good.

I would intrepid this as through the 25th. I would suggest calling before making a special trip.

#60 Argonauts  

Argonauts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 03:48 AM

I would intrepid this as through the 25th. I would suggest calling before making a special trip.

Interpret. Damn auto correct