* * * * - 10 votes

Gamestop "New" Thread

#7651 latin trident   Banned Banned   935 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

latin trident

Posted 14 June 2018 - 01:19 AM

Nope you're SOL.

(Read the Receipt)

So what can I do going forward if they say they can't give me a gift receipt? And is that even possible or was he lying to me?

#7652 ihadmail   Banned Banned   1038 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

ihadmail

Posted 14 June 2018 - 01:25 AM

So what can I do going forward if they say they can't give me a gift receipt? And is that even possible or was he lying to me?

It’s possible if he was New he didn’t know how to print it.

Per the receipt you can return it. It would take a district manager override to take away the extra trade credit, I went through this with the forza pre-order bonus where an employee made me put all of my tic toward the game. Then when I cane in a few weeks later he tried to remove the credit, he called the dm in front of me calling me scamming scum. Dm said to give me the refund from canceling the game. That guy now is no longer employed by Gamestop.

To make it easier on yourself, if possible, have a friend or relative return it. You can just have them tell the store you got it for them/their kid as a gift but they already had one and would rather have a PS4.

#7653 rustyra24   Banned Banned   309 Posts   Joined 1.2 Years Ago  

rustyra24

Posted 14 June 2018 - 03:10 AM

My ps3 was a refurb and it still got the $80 for the ps4

#7654 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2466 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 14 June 2018 - 03:11 AM

No SKU for Nier on xbox because it is Download only. No Physical

Wow. Really? Keeping my PS4 version. Hope MS can convince me to buy an Xbox next go-around. Loved (and still do) my 360. PS4 though this gen has everything I want and given I just don't game like I used to, can't justify the Xbox with it's limited exclusives I don't care for atm.

That all said, liked seeing Spencer laying the groundwork for the next box.

#7655 Vap   Banned Banned   1684 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2018 - 03:33 AM

So can I trade a game in to get the extra $5 for a pre-order, come back the next day with another game, and get the extra $5 if I put it towards the same game I pre-ordered the day before? Or do you only get the extra $5 for a new pre-order?

#7656 Ibacai  

Posted 14 June 2018 - 03:37 AM

So can I trade a game in to get the extra $5 for a pre-order, come back the next day with another game, and get the extra $5 if I put it towards the same game I pre-ordered the day before? Or do you only get the extra $5 for a new pre-order?

I was told it has to be a new preorder each time. But I honestly don’t know if that’s policy or them just being picky.

#7657 Adhiman  

Posted 14 June 2018 - 03:37 AM

It’s been a hot minute since there was an easily exploitable game trade deal. I remember they had them all the time last summer. I wonder if someone in their sales department wisened up.

#7658 rustyra24   Banned Banned   309 Posts   Joined 1.2 Years Ago  

rustyra24

Posted 14 June 2018 - 03:39 AM

I have been doing it the last two weeks. Went in probably five times and did two games for two different pre orders. I used 4/20 games that were valued at 3.00 and bumped to 8. So a three dollar bonus per game.
Paid off both pre orders. Just ask to put it on an existing pre order. It triggered the $5 on both in the same transaction.

#7659 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   371 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 14 June 2018 - 03:40 AM

I traded in a game the other day and said i wanted to put it towards a pre-order i already had $5 on and it triggered the $5 bonus. So I don't think it has to be a net new pre-order.

#7660 Smithers123  

Smithers123

Posted 14 June 2018 - 03:57 AM

I traded in my Xbox One S towards a Switch and asked the associate for a gift receipt. He said he couldn't print one and gave me the regular receipt with it. What can I do now? I don't want the Switch since I have one already. Can I take it back with the receipt and trade it out for something else like a PS4? I paid the difference with trade credit and cash.

It's mostly likely to prevent a switcheroo since it's a promo offer. He was lying to you!

I've seen people trying to do returns like this with a buy2get1 free gift receipt, the ASM called the other store and made sure it wasn't part of the buy2get1...Just know, even with a gift receipt they can call the original store purchased from and shut you down.

#7661 latin trident   Banned Banned   935 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

latin trident

Posted 14 June 2018 - 11:10 AM

It's mostly likely to prevent a switcheroo since it's a promo offer. He was lying to you!

I've seen people trying to do returns like this with a buy2get1 free gift receipt, the ASM called the other store and made sure it wasn't part of the buy2get1...Just know, even with a gift receipt they can call the original store purchased from and shut you down.

I'm going to go back to the store and hopefully get a different associate. The Switch he gave me has writing on the box and I didn't notice till I got home. I'll ask them for a gift receipt at that point

#7662 OptimusRhyme   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   118 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

OptimusRhyme

Posted 14 June 2018 - 12:25 PM

Does anyone know if trading in a phone towards the iTunes, Xbox currency would that trigger the additional 40%

#7663 ihadmail   Banned Banned   1038 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

ihadmail

Posted 14 June 2018 - 12:30 PM

Does anyone know if trading in a phone towards the iTunes, Xbox currency would that trigger the additional 40%

No. Games and accessories only. 

#7664 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   3566 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2018 - 12:55 PM

I'm going to go back to the store and hopefully get a different associate. The Switch he gave me has writing on the box and I didn't notice till I got home. I'll ask them for a gift receipt at that point

You could always return it to Wal-Mart without a receipt and get a gift card. That is my back up plan if I can't return the Switch to Gamestop to get an Xbox One X. 

#7665 Fat Pigeon 007   Cheap Ass Pigeon CAGiversary!   226 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

Fat Pigeon 007

Posted 14 June 2018 - 01:00 PM

Don't forget to fill out the survey on your receipt to let Gamestop know about the craptacular service you received from that special employee who didn't give a  gift receipt... 

#7666 ihadmail   Banned Banned   1038 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

ihadmail

Posted 14 June 2018 - 01:01 PM

You could always return it to Wal-Mart without a receipt and get a gift card. That is my back up plan if I can't return the Switch to Gamestop to get an Xbox One X. 

You'll be let down when you try your return fraud. 

#7667 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7555 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2018 - 01:15 PM

Walkout with your stuff and either try another store or just go home?  Really not much you can do if the person behind the register isn't willing to do what you ask.  You can report them or nail them on a survey I guess.  I only ever did that once.  Just doesn't seems like it is worth the trouble and possibly getting a rep at your local GS store.

#7668 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7555 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2018 - 01:19 PM

Assuming he actually had a gift receipt....

What if he had a friend return it for store credit on a gift card?    His friend can say it was a gift but doesn't want it and is saving up towards a XBox One X or whatever.  

#7669 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   1043 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 14 June 2018 - 01:21 PM

I doubt Walmart would do No Receipt Return for merchandise that tie down with unique serial number

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

#7670 spug21   professor cheap cheap CAGiversary!   234 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2018 - 01:26 PM

[quote name="Smithers123" post="14011346" timestamp="1528948667"]
It's mostly likely to prevent a switcheroo since it's a promo offer. He was lying to you

I've seen people trying to do returns like this with a buy2get1 free gift receipt, the ASM called the other store and made sure it wasn't part of the buy2get1...Just know, even with a gift receipt they can call the original store purchased from and shut you down.[/quote
I believe you can only print a gift receipt if no other transaction have been done. So right after the original receipt prints.
Also I think it's much more likely the employee didn't know how to do it as that's a function very rarely used.

#7671 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   3566 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2018 - 01:40 PM

You'll be let down when you try your return fraud. 

Doubt I will even have to go to Wal-Mart. Gamestop will most likely just let me return it.

I doubt Walmart would do No Receipt Return for merchandise that tie down with unique serial number

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

You'd be surprised. 

#7672 dennisb407   Banned CAGiversary!   5436 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2018 - 01:59 PM

Doubt I will even have to go to Wal-Mart. Gamestop will most likely just let me return it.

You'd be surprised. 

Go ahead and try. I've done multiple sealed games that way. The only things they can do is say no or tell you to exchange for exact same thing

#7673 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:12 PM

Sealed games don't have serial numbers. Retailers DO keep detailed records of serials in their system. You need to give them a gov't issued ID for the non-receipt return. Folks - please don't get yourself arrested on retail fraud charges. Also, don't get these poor wal-mart employees fired over accepting a fraudulent return either.

http://help.walmart....3RqZyUyMSUyMQ==

Non- Receipted Returns

Walmart will accept a non-receipted return or exchange provided it meets the following conditions:

• The refund verification process accepts the return.
  • The government issued ID must not be altered and is accepted by Walmart.

To return or exchange items without a receipt, you are required to present a valid government issued photo ID. Information from the customer ID will be stored in a secured database of returns activity that Walmart uses to authorize returns.

If an item is returned without a receipt and the refund verification process accepts it, the following options are available:

• If available, you may send the merchandise to the manufacturer for repair.
  • The merchandise may be exchanged for another item.
  • The merchandise may be returned and a cash refund provided if the refund value of the returned item is less than $25.
  • The merchandise will be returned and a shopping/gift card provided to the customer if the refund value of the returned merchandise is equal to or greater than $25 in value.

#7674 latin trident   Banned Banned   935 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

latin trident

Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:15 PM

[quote name="spug21" post="14011452" timestamp="1528982768"]

[quote name="Smithers123" post="14011346" timestamp="1528948667"]
It's mostly likely to prevent a switcheroo since it's a promo offer. He was lying to you

I've seen people trying to do returns like this with a buy2get1 free gift receipt, the ASM called the other store and made sure it wasn't part of the buy2get1...Just know, even with a gift receipt they can call the original store purchased from and shut you down.[/quote
I believe you can only print a gift receipt if no other transaction have been done. So right after the original receipt prints.
Also I think it's much more likely the employee didn't know how to do it as that's a function very rarely used.[/quote]

So more than likely the associate doesn't know how to do it? I don't understand how a trade-in towards a new console would prevent a gift receipt from appearing. That doesn't sound right.

#7675 ihadmail   Banned Banned   1038 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

ihadmail

Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:19 PM

Where's BB with his video of IATCG getting arrested for return fraud when we need him.  :-({|=

#7676 alucardus   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   417 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

alucardus

Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:37 PM

Where's BB with his video of IATCG getting arrested for return fraud when we need him. :-({|=

I miss BB. Still waiting for him to send me the invite to the discord 😕

#7677 Link64dx   Banned Banned   246 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Link64dx

Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:51 PM

I miss BB. Still waiting for him to send me the invite to the discord

Me too, I think you have to say a code word while posting in this thread in order to get an invite. I have yet to figure it out

#7678 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 14 June 2018 - 03:05 PM

Honestly, it would have been easier to demand a full refund to store credit immediately, if they refused to give you a gift receipt. Ask for the DL's contact info. They'll figure out how to do it real quick that way...

#7679 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7555 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2018 - 03:07 PM

Me too, I think you have to say a code word while posting in this thread in order to get an invite. I have yet to figure it out

Lets see if this works.....

Spoiler

#7680 rustyra24   Banned Banned   309 Posts   Joined 1.2 Years Ago  

rustyra24

Posted 14 June 2018 - 03:28 PM

I have been here a little over a year. I remember seeing the sheets and then them being put behind a three month wall and then finally being in cag anniversary and then finally being over and done with.

So close but so far away