Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know for sure if there is a trade-in bonus towards Monster Hunter World (despite not being listed)

Yes Monster Hunter World is also listed for up to 40 percent trade in bonus towards it along with Shadow of the Colossus and Final Fantasy NT.

I saw Best Buy is doing a steelbook with preorders for Monster Hunter World, is that Best Buy only or does anyone know if Gamestop is doing that too?  If not, I may see if I can quickly switch mine over.

Is "New" in quotation marks as a tongue-in-cheek reference to how lots of Gamestop's shit is marked "new" but not factory sealed and usually gutted?

Gamestop sucks.

Is "New" in quotation marks as a tongue-in-cheek reference to how lots of Gamestop's shit is marked "new" but not factory sealed and usually gutted?

Gamestop sucks.
Wondering how long till someone pointed that out.

And I don’t think GameStop sucks. I don’t really see the need for a factory sealed copy most of the time. If the game looks perfect and the codes work i see nothing wrong. Granted I never got a opened new game when I ordered online. Pre owned from online is just a mixed bag of who knows.

I think the GS hate train is mostly hating them because it’s cool to do so. Oh and shady policies that change before end dates. And not refunding credit when orders are canceled. And CS that takes forever. And forcing employees to hard sell pre orders to a point that they add them on without telling you. And not training their employees well (granted some are great).

So much more room for stuff

3Z3NKXk.gif

And I don’t think GameStop sucks. I don’t really see the need for a factory sealed copy most of the time. If the game looks perfect and the codes work i see nothing wrong. Granted I never got a opened new game when I ordered online. Pre owned from online is just a mixed bag of who knows.
My issue with it is if it is a gift. I don't want to give someone an opened copy of anything as a gift. The other issue is they frequently forget to reseal it with a special sticker. So if you decide to return it later it isn't an unopened copy.

I don't buy very many games as gifts anymore but when/if I do I want it sealed.

Just a stupid business practice IMO. No one else who sells games needs to do this.

I think the GS hate train is mostly hating them because it’s cool to do so. Oh and shady policies that change before end dates. And not refunding credit when orders are canceled. And CS that takes forever. And forcing employees to hard sell pre orders to a point that they add them on without telling you. And not training their employees well (granted some are great).
This is my rant. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is very true. We don't live in 1978 USSR where you had to wait 3 days in line for 1 shoe and a potato. If a business has a practice you don't like ... lucky you, you have 5 other businesses to choose from that offer identical setvices/goods. If a company's practice works for you, do it.
If I want it a special way I'll ask. If they have it, I buy it. If not, I don't.

It's a 30 second phone call to a retail location to see if the product you want is available in the condition or with the options you want. Online is definitely hit or miss.

"Alexa order me ..."

I like Gamestop. I like all the employees at my local Gamestop. I think it really comes down to the culture that the location manager has engendered. I do business with other video game retailers depending on who meets my need of price, condition, availability, etc.

If walmart has a ps2 game on clearance for $60 that isn't worth a nickel, then I don't buy it. I don't tell everyone how much I hate walmart.

Hate solves nothing. If your dissatisfied state why and offer a solution. Solutions solve problems. Solved problems make the world a better place.

I kind of agree with you when it comes to not needing a sealed game but I really hate the new stickers they've been using to seal gutted games, it's almost impossible to get the residue off the case. Now, them selling opened collectibles as new is ridiculous. Several of the figures I bought were opened and I've only recently noticed things were missing. If it weren't for the great deals I got and the fact I used trade credit to buy them, I'd probably try to do something about it.

Some very good points about gifts and collectibles.

What I don’t like about GS is that they don’t have a good sale or trade promo for us to talk about :)

But (like others have said) retail sales after the holidays usually aren’t great.

Tempted to get the PSVR, (have a PS4 Pro, but tv is not 4K), but don't know if I should wait for the next version.  RE7 and Skyrim VR look fun.

I did get a "new" opened PC game ordered online once in a worn case, but it's $1 clearance game so not to bother much. It all depends if it's shipped from warehouse or stores.

I can understand they need to gut out the disc to have empty box to put on display shelves, but new should be new and how do I know the employee have not borrowed and played if the disc is not in sealed box? They can simply sell that at an used price later just like other retailers will sell floor model at floor model price.

Tempted to get the PSVR, (have a PS4 Pro, but tv is not 4K), but don't know if I should wait for the next version. RE7 and Skyrim VR look fun.
When people can pay $60 for a new game (which I will not), but they're so hesitated to invest in hardware at $200 bundle (which includes $30-$60 game) for different gaming experience.

Sounds like you need a 4k TV first otherwise a ps4 pro is pointless.
Got the Pro because of a generous trade in offer, hard drive space, and boost mode/framerate for some games.

When people can pay $60 for a new game (which I will not), but they're so hesitated to invest in hardware at $200 bundle (which includes $30-$60 game) for different gaming experience.
*hesitant. I don't pay $60, just was looking for feedback based on my setup.

Tempted to get the PSVR, (have a PS4 Pro, but tv is not 4K), but don't know if I should wait for the next version. RE7 and Skyrim VR look fun.
I got a PSVR at Christmas and traded up to a PS4 Pro today for the fidelity boost in VR (it's definitely an improvement for some games, like DOOM VFR). If you've already got the Pro and have an interest, pick it up. The bigger VR market Sony sees, the better. Besides, at this point I would imagine a full generation change will happen before we see a new VR device considering they already did a minor revision this fall.

I bought a used Hyrule edition n3DS XL and it came today. It is overall very nice and has minimal wear. The best thing is it has dual ips screens! It is a night and day difference between the two especially when they are side by side. Awesome!

Is this advertised anywhere? I have a SotC pre-order to pay off...
Thanks!
I got an email advertising the up to 40% toward my MHW preorder. It doesn't have an end date in the email. These promos typically show up at the bottom of Gamestop.com/trade but I'm only seeing the dragonball bonus listed there.

I'm here for the star.

I am getting the Dissidia CE at GS so I'll be dumping a few leftover games I got from the Microsoft Store.

Is GameStop the only major company short of a shady used car dealership tacked onto a totaled car repair shop, that actively tries to block customers from making returns or punishes employees for taking them (not to mention GameStop’s world exclusive policy of punishing whichever employee is on duty at the time of refund not the employee that recommended say an Xbox One game to a soccer mom who only has 360)?

I’m glad GS finally started giving consistent good TIVs and tons of B2G1 events in recent years , but the more I think all these companies are the same , and how certain shady practices like taking pre orders but selling them out from under you by 11AM are no longer a problem , I’m reminded that they are far worse into the corporate Newspeak and treating their employees like a cult, like the kids forced to build atom Cruise motorcycles and treating their customers like marks than their already bad in those regards competition.

Walmart CS might often get things like promotions wrong, but it’s out of ignorance or unfimiliarity with the games dept not sabotage, although the NES Classic turned all WM BB and Target employees into GameStoppers for a minute there, things like saying we’re sold out (cause an employee wants to buy) are just mother f’n Thursday at GameStop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back