* * - - - 3 votes

Playstation 4 Greatest Hits arriving June 28th ($19.99 msrp)

#91 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 08 July 2018 - 06:27 AM

Wow red case with a little bit of blue. Yuck.

#92 coolduck   super cool duck CAGiversary!   301 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

coolduck

Posted 08 July 2018 - 06:34 AM

it wouldnt look so bad if they just replaced the blue with red, but they didnt replace it all, just the box, and a shitty label added to the cover

and even if it was all red and looked fine, it would still be a little annoying having 90% of your ps4 cases be blue and then you have like 3 red ones mixed in.

#93 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   2917 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 08 July 2018 - 10:23 AM

I really can't believe people are upset about something so trivial..

#94 mexicanfan   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   574 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

mexicanfan

Posted 08 July 2018 - 01:40 PM

Who gives a damn about the case? You buy the game to play the game, not to stare at a damn case.

#95 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2462 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 08 July 2018 - 02:39 PM

I really can't believe people are upset about something so trivial..

Who gives a damn about the case? You buy the game to play the game, not to stare at a damn case.

100% agree. The disc is all that matters - and now that manuals are essentially a thing of the past for 99% of releases - literally all that matters is the game disc. In past generations, I only cared about getting non-GH/platinum/player's choice games because on a few occasions, the publisher opted to drop the inserts with the reprints.

I miss the manuals. Anyways, couldn't care less about the color of the case, or even the case artwork.

#96 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11320 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2018 - 03:29 PM

I love how people assume that how they feel about things is the right way, and the only way, and everyone who feels differently is some sort of weirdo or something.

News flash: People have different opinions on things.  Some people like to have uniform colored cases.  Get over it.

#97 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   2917 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 08 July 2018 - 04:36 PM

If they wanted them that badly, they had every opportunity to buy the game before now.

#98 PenguinMaster   Sacrilicious CAGiversary!   3841 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

PenguinMaster

Posted 08 July 2018 - 05:14 PM

If they wanted them that badly, they had every opportunity to buy the game before now.

And they will continue to have the opportunity to buy one of the millions of used copies still in circulation.

#99 JohnnyCage   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1001 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

JohnnyCage

Posted 09 July 2018 - 10:35 AM

A lot of people do buy games just to stare at the cases. People with big "backlogs" don't actually care about playing their games. They just want to collect.

#100 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2462 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 09 July 2018 - 10:38 PM

A lot of people do buy games just to stare at the cases. People with big "backlogs" don't actually care about playing their games. They just want to collect.

This is me.

#101 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5562 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 July 2018 - 04:56 PM

This is me.

That used to be me. Now I'm poor.

#102 CaoPi   (Chou Pei) Mousou nut, KOEI fan CAGiversary!   10602 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 July 2018 - 10:52 PM

Does any retailer actually have Yakuza 0 as greatest hits yet? Bestbuy only has it available online. I checked online at Walmart, Target and Fry's, none seem to carry it in store.

GameStop has mostly gut copies of the new ones. Lastly, Amazon doesn't have it at the GHs price, and curri only available from 3rd party sellers.

#103 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1904 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2018 - 04:43 PM

I have yet to see any GH stock in Best Buy. They just sent stickers to put on the old stuff.

#104 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2462 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 11 July 2018 - 10:55 PM

That used to be me. Now I'm poor.

Sorry to hear that, man. I buy games only at heavy discounts and certainly never spend if I ever thought I couldn't afford to.

#105 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5562 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2018 - 12:21 AM

Sorry to hear that, man. I buy games only at heavy discounts and certainly never spend if I ever thought I couldn't afford to.

I used to make more money than I do now, so I have a lot of games already - mostly sixth generation stuff. I was definitely more of a collector than I was a gamer back then. And I own a fair number of modern PS4 and Xbox One games. But now that times are lean, I have more time to play but less money to buy new games. So I mostly use Bing Rewards, PlayStation Rewards, clearance sales, Humble Bundle, and the odd Google Play Games deals to get new games although they're typically not the AAA releases that everyone else is hyped about. And I'm actually playing my older games more now because they're new to me. Point is, I probably won't fuss over first run copies versus Greatest Hits copies as much as I used to when I was flushed with cash since I'm buying fewer games with the purpose of setting them on a shelf. But I understand why people dislike them if they're going for a set of first run games.