* * - - - 3 votes

Target Ad June 24th - June 30th: Nintendo NES Classic Edition $59.99

#91 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2305 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2018 - 07:58 PM

I guess I missed something- why is everyone here so interested in getting an extra controller?  Do a bunch of games that come with the NES Classic feature 2-player multiplayer?  Or is the cord on the standalone controller longer than the one that comes with the system?

• Balloon Fight
  • Bubble Bobble
  • Double Dragon II: The Revenge
  • Dr. Mario
  • Ice Climber
  • Mario Bros
  • Super C
  • Tecmo Bowl

For me it's mainly Super C, Bubble Bobble & Double Dragon 2... though Dr. Mario is nice.

Of course if you hack it then... yeah, list gets much longer.

#92 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2198 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2018 - 08:07 PM

Any word on when SNES back also? 

check target with brickseek. Plenty around me.

#93 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2305 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2018 - 08:50 PM

For SNES Classic, Gamestop has been getting them in.  They were showing up yesterday in stores, but I think they have been continually getting them.  Talk to the sales guy... ask about the system.  If he's cool like the person I dealt with he'll call around the other stores that show they have them and will get one transferred to your local store.

Last Friday Amazon had a preorder up for the SNES Classic as well as Gamestop.  Keep an eye out ... they could do that again.

Beyond that, use your phone and pull up the Gamestop website, look for the system and look to see which stores say they have a new one in.  For some reason the desktop version of the site doesn't show stock... but the phone version always seems to work for me.   Also brickseek for the system with Walmart and Target.  There was  Walmart about an hour away that had two, but it wasn't worth it to drive or call and hope I got someone that would hold it (let alone take the time to verify they had it).   Also when brickseeking, there are two sku's for the SNES Classic with Walmart.  Google should reveal both links.  The Gamestop option overall was the least painful, especially since it's super close to work and when they call I can just go pick mine up.  Preordering would have been easier but by time I decided I wanted one for sure they were sold out and GS had an estimated delivery date when I'd be out of town.  Given it's rained here pretty much every afternoon, I didn't want to risk a package showing up at that time.

Happy hunting.

#94 CodeTrader   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4169 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2018 - 09:45 PM

Target is only doing in-store only sells. Got there around noon and lots available.

JCPenney sells it too. Free shipping if you spend $99 or more.

https://www.jcpenney...n/ppr5007780625

#95 vicious7171   Don't you dare call on me, old man! CAGiversary!   426 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

vicious7171

Posted 30 June 2018 - 01:52 AM

I've been finding SNES Classics at Target all week.  Just went into a Target at 8:30PM and they had some NES Classics left.  

#96 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 30 June 2018 - 03:32 AM

Why is everyone goin crazy over this

#97 Donutkid2222   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   766 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Donutkid2222

Posted 30 June 2018 - 04:08 AM

For me personally, nostalgia is the biggest reason. I looked everywhere for the SNES and NES with no luck for 1 year. I now have both as of today. A lot of memories, Nintendo is the reason I got into gaming. Since then I've stuck with Sony but Nintendo has always been the first true gaming company for me. Nes was nowhere to be found, now it's in ample supply it seems. You dont have to deal with resellers.

#98 HydroX   Quintessential Studmuffin CAGiversary!   7218 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2018 - 04:18 AM

Went to several Walmart stores hunting for a controller. Plenty of systems to be had at each destination.

#99 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 30 June 2018 - 04:40 AM

For me personally, nostalgia is the biggest reason. I looked everywhere for the SNES and NES with no luck for 1 year. I now have both as of today. A lot of memories, Nintendo is the reason I got into gaming. Since then I've stuck with Sony but Nintendo has always been the first true gaming company for me. Nes was nowhere to be found, now it's in ample supply it seems. You dont have to deal with resellers.

I don’t really remember much but I did have a sega and ps1 for quite a while. Does this come with a bunch of games in it?

#100 Donutkid2222   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   766 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Donutkid2222

Posted 30 June 2018 - 05:51 AM

I don’t really remember much but I did have a sega and ps1 for quite a while. Does this come with a bunch of games in it?

Yes! About 30 games ranging from Mario, contra, street fighter on snes and nes.

#101 NeloDiavolo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   331 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

NeloDiavolo

Posted 30 June 2018 - 06:24 AM

Was somebody living under a rock for the last year?

#102 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 30 June 2018 - 07:11 AM

Yes! About 30 games ranging from Mario, contra, street fighter on snes and nes.

Damn I actually might get one. Only thing is I’ll probably want another controller. Thx

#103 Barry Burton   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1435 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Barry Burton

Posted 30 June 2018 - 09:00 AM

i bought one played it for about a half hour and wondered what the hell i was thinking playing these old outdated games

another victim to nostalgia, gotta wonder what people are smoking when they say gaming isn't as good as it was back then

#104 Gore   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   455 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2018 - 09:22 PM

Still 11 left in the case. Didn't see any accessories.

#105 Kaijuboy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   157 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Kaijuboy

Posted 02 July 2018 - 02:51 AM

i bought one played it for about a half hour and wondered what the hell i was thinking playing these old outdated games

another victim to nostalgia, gotta wonder what people are smoking when they say gaming isn't as good as it was back then

Some of us grew up with these games and they still hold up. Also, a lot of people have many more than just the “30 games” on it... ;)

#106 cbulas1   John 3:16 CAGiversary!   964 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2018 - 01:42 PM

Went to several Walmart stores hunting for a controller. Plenty of systems to be had at each destination.

This was my experience as well- I went to three Walmarts looking for a spare controller this weekend.  I never found one, but each store had at least two NES Classics available.  What a change from 2016!

#107 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2305 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2018 - 04:22 PM

Some of us grew up with these games and they still hold up. Also, a lot of people have many more than just the “30 games” on it... ;)

NES was the first console that was all mine.  I had around 500 games for it thanks in great part to rental stores selling off NES games when the SNES got popular.  I think growing up with the NES makes a big difference in loving the NES Classic.   What I always hear though is, "why not just do a retropi"... well, I have one of them too and for NES... this is better.  It's faster booting and shutdown, better controls that feel right (no input lag), and the interface is far superior.  This, in many respects is better than playing on the original system too with save states.   There will always be people that just don't get it, but then there are always people that gotta shit on someone elses jam.

This was my experience as well- I went to three Walmarts looking for a spare controller this weekend.  I never found one, but each store had at least two NES Classics available.  What a change from 2016!

Brickseek search for the controller before going to Walmart.  Only one of mine had them, but they were hidden on an endcap with random game collectable things.  Some people noted they were locked in glass cases... mine was just on a shelf.  But Brickseek before just randomly going.

#108 RunningMan  

RunningMan

Posted 02 July 2018 - 04:30 PM

went to  midnight release at walmart and opening at target and best buy, tons of consoles, but if you were not the first 5 or 6th person inline the controllers were gone immediately

#109 thirtytwoutside   HOW CAN SHE SLAP CAGiversary!   398 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

thirtytwoutside

Posted 02 July 2018 - 04:30 PM

Shitty Gaming Pro Tip: If consoles are readily available, buy two. That way you have two controllers and a spare console to use as a paperweight. 

#110 Barry Burton   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1435 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Barry Burton

Posted 02 July 2018 - 06:16 PM

i grew up with them too i got Nintendo as an Easter gift in 1989

a lot has changed for the better since 1989 if you ask me

#111 Pthrilla2  

Pthrilla2

Posted 02 July 2018 - 11:56 PM

Just came back from a Target in Orlando and I saw 2 NES Classics sitting in the glass case. This is the first time I have seen these out in the wild. If I was not cash strapped or had most of these games on other platforms, I would have grabbed one.

They also had two SNES Classics as well. What are the odds? Did Nintendo finally solve their stock issues?

#112 pbfluff   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   369 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2018 - 12:18 AM

i’m enjoying both the nes and snes classics. hakchi is super simple so i have ~ 100 nes games on the nes and ~ 230
snes games on the snes. i also have a retropie which I think is great, but the nes and snes classics work really well...especially with the home menu hack.

#113 Bivensra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1016 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2018 - 03:27 AM

I am also in Orlando for vacation. The Walmart near the Westgate timeshare that is near SeaWorld also had 5 NES Classics at 5 pm today.