* * * * * 2 votes

(DEAD) GameStop unadvertised promo: 3 for $25 ($14.99 and under) pre-owned games B&M only (exp 9/16/2018)

#121 Dojorkan   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   410 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2018 - 12:24 AM

I see a number of people mentioning RPG Maker FES, are you all getting it to more so mess around with and create your own stuff or are they actual finished / good things that others have made with it? I'm just imagining theres a lot of unfinished or unpolished things out there.

#122 Miker525  

Posted 08 September 2018 - 12:36 AM

So there's a bunch of 14.99 games at a few local stores but each game is at a different store. Is it possible to pick up 2 at different stores and then head to the third, return them and rebuy them all together for the $25 deal?

#123 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 08 September 2018 - 12:38 AM

So there's a bunch of 14.99 games at a few local stores but each game is at a different store. Is it possible to pick up 2 at different stores and then head to the third, return them and rebuy them all together for the $25 deal?

Yep you can do that.

#124 Wrectifyy  

Posted 08 September 2018 - 12:56 AM

Game was garbage on any console. Wait until $5 bin imo

Lol you are high my man. It’s a great game, and even if it isn’t your cup of tea, I don’t know how anyone can say it isn’t worth more than $5.

Passed on 5 Lego Vita games. As much as I love the Vita, I am not buying games I own and still haven't opened for the 360 and X1

Don’t feel bad, every single Lego Vita game that I know if were ports of the 3DS, which means they were extremely stripped down versions of their console brethrens. The developers were especially lazy.

#125 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7802 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2018 - 01:03 AM

I see a number of people mentioning RPG Maker FES, are you all getting it to more so mess around with and create your own stuff or are they actual finished / good things that others have made with it? I'm just imagining theres a lot of unfinished or unpolished things out there.

I wasn't going to get it, but I couldn't find another PS4 or Vita game, and it seemed like a game that might be difficult to find down the line. Truthfully, I haven't played my 3DS in over a year, and I have to look for it. My Vita gets played daily. But the case said that you can download other people's FES creations so I might give that a whirl. Does anyone know if FES was supposed to come with a manual?

#126 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5667 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 08 September 2018 - 01:28 AM

You can download other people's creations without owning the game - just download the free RPG Maker Player app onto your 3DS. The game is just for creating your own games.

#127 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   10846 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2018 - 04:36 AM

Saw Raiden for PS4 but couldn't find 2 more $14 ish games. DS selection was lacking at 2 of my local stores. Almost considered getting a few Wii U games.

Do we have an end date on this?

#128 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5667 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 08 September 2018 - 04:46 AM

...it's in the title.

#129 Ultraslick  

Ultraslick

Posted 08 September 2018 - 05:37 AM

Back a third time,
FarCry 4: Complete Edition (PS4)
Air Conflicts: Vietnam (PS4)
Motorstorm: Apocalypse (PS3)

#130 MaximusDM   What is a man!? CAGiversary!   450 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2018 - 12:20 PM

I wasn't going to get it, but I couldn't find another PS4 or Vita game, and it seemed like a game that might be difficult to find down the line. Truthfully, I haven't played my 3DS in over a year, and I have to look for it. My Vita gets played daily. But the case said that you can download other people's FES creations so I might give that a whirl. Does anyone know if FES was supposed to come with a manual?

Like another post said, you don't need the game to play people's creations. There is a free player you can download from the store.

And it does not come with a manual surprisingly. This is a game that should have gotten a manual.

When I went to buy mine I was handed a new and sealed copy and was told it was new converted to used.

#131 zebular   OG Gamer CAGiversary!   728 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2018 - 02:32 PM

Anyone know if a PowerUps Rewards coupon will work with this deal? I don't want to redeem mine if not.

#132 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7802 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2018 - 02:40 PM

Like another post said, you don't need the game to play people's creations. There is a free player you can download from the store.
And it does not come with a manual surprisingly. This is a game that should have gotten a manual.
When I went to buy mine I was handed a new and sealed copy and was told it was new converted to used.

Thanks for clarifying about the manual. I'm not too worried about not needing the game to play other people's creations. I have a small 3DS game collection, and it's another one to add to the pile. Also looking like it'll be my last Nintendo system since I won't be buying a Switch.

#133 jvang117   Friendly CAG CAGiversary!   3586 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2018 - 02:58 PM

Anyone know if a PowerUps Rewards coupon will work with this deal? I don't want to redeem mine if not.

Nope

#134 zebular   OG Gamer CAGiversary!   728 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2018 - 03:09 PM

Nope

Appreciate the heads up

#135 jupiterjones   WHAT THE CUSS!?! CAGiversary!   1136 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

jupiterjones

Posted 08 September 2018 - 03:09 PM

Nope

I actually was able to use a $5 coupon no problem. Just don't burn a coupon with any amount higher than that, or it'll be a waste of your time/money, since they would be under $10 with the deal.

#136 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5667 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 08 September 2018 - 04:47 PM

What are you saying? You used a $5 coupon on a game over $14.99 so that it would be included in the 3 for $25 sale? That worked?

#137 The_Continental   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1240 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

The_Continental

Posted 08 September 2018 - 05:18 PM

Grabbed Castlevanias Lords of Shadow 1&2 and Asura’s Wrath all for PS3... skipped all these games at their initial release but figured $23 and some change for all three was the right price. Found each complete with artwork and manual.

Thanks OP.

#138 pittsnoggle   Lord CAGiversary!   4355 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

pittsnoggle

Posted 08 September 2018 - 05:37 PM

made a second look at my stores 360 collection and came away with complete compies of lightning returns, Destory all Humans, and call of duty 3, with elite pro only being 20 makes it worthwhile, probably would have passed at 25

#139 jupiterjones   WHAT THE CUSS!?! CAGiversary!   1136 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

jupiterjones

Posted 08 September 2018 - 06:16 PM

What are you saying? You used a $5 coupon on a game over $14.99 so that it would be included in the 3 for $25 sale? That worked?

#140 jupiterjones   WHAT THE CUSS!?! CAGiversary!   1136 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

jupiterjones

Posted 08 September 2018 - 06:18 PM

Yep. I was talked out of using a $10 coupon with this deal, as I only would’ve save $6.xx instead of the full amount. As long as the item you’re buying is at or over the amount of your coupon, you’re golden. So $5 works fine. With Elite Pro, I paid around $13 for all 3 games.

#141 Archaic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   547 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2018 - 06:38 PM

Don’t feel bad, every single Lego Vita game that I know if were ports of the 3DS, which means they were extremely stripped down versions of their console brethrens. The developers were especially lazy.

I may be wrong, but I believe Lego Jurassic Park and Lego Marvel's Avengers were much closer to their console counterparts than their 3DS counterparts.

#142 shadow007   映画 | | Vivre Sa Vie | | 映画 CAGiversary!   96 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

shadow007

Posted 09 September 2018 - 02:00 AM

case anyone cares Bayonetta 2 for 14 is the single disc game only. The other price is the version that has Bayonetta 1 included

#143 jbg87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   736 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 September 2018 - 03:43 AM

Yep. I was talked out of using a $10 coupon with this deal, as I only would’ve save $6.xx instead of the full amount. As long as the item you’re buying is at or over the amount of your coupon, you’re golden. So $5 works fine. With Elite Pro, I paid around $13 for all 3 games.

Gonna try this tomorrow if that’s the case I could get 2 sets of games

#144 LonelyBacteria  

LonelyBacteria

Posted 09 September 2018 - 05:36 AM

Saw this being advertised in each section at the third store I went to today.

#145 GenyaAvacado   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   46 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

GenyaAvacado

Posted 09 September 2018 - 01:23 PM

Picked up

Raiden V Ps4

Agents of Mayhem

The Sexy Brutale

Shadow Tactics

Technomancer Plays like a Bioware game not perfect but for the price it is 

Nobunaga's Ambition

Nitroplus Blasterz Heroines 

Superbeat Xonic

King's Quest Complete Collection

Warhammer The end of TIMES VERMINTIDE Recommend plays like Left 4 Dead but D&D Rat Race instead of ZOMBIES

Victor Vran: Overkill came complete with cards. Guy at store said it might have been a converted copy. Plays like Diablo II 

Bladestorm Xbox One Reminded me of Kingdom under Fire for original XBOX

Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor 2 3DS

Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor Overclocked It was the same copy I traded in years ago, lol

Zelda Tri Force Heroes

Code of Princess

Pac Man & Galaga Dimensions

Child of Light PS VITA

Hakuoki Kyoto Winds

Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax

Xenoblade Chronicles X for WII U

Heads up, they are clearancing out Wolfenstein 2 for 26 bucks the one with the TERROR BILLY GI JOE & Steelbook picked up the PS4 version

Thanks OP and my wallet thanks you as well.

#146 GenyaAvacado   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   46 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

GenyaAvacado

Posted 09 September 2018 - 01:34 PM

Most Vita and 3ds games are in a lock case. Not worth it unless complete.
Anyone play deception series?

I do, ever since my brother picked up a Tecmo's Deception for the playstation. The original is still his favorite while I was more keen on Kagero and after. 

#147 JoshTX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2485 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 September 2018 - 04:23 PM

Picked up

Raiden V Ps4

Agents of Mayhem

The Sexy Brutale

Shadow Tactics

Technomancer Plays like a Bioware game not perfect but for the price it is 

Nobunaga's Ambition

Nitroplus Blasterz Heroines 

Superbeat Xonic

King's Quest Complete Collection

Warhammer The end of TIMES VERMINTIDE Recommend plays like Left 4 Dead but D&D Rat Race instead of ZOMBIES

Victor Vran: Overkill came complete with cards. Guy at store said it might have been a converted copy. Plays like Diablo II 

Bladestorm Xbox One Reminded me of Kingdom under Fire for original XBOX

Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor 2 3DS

Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor Overclocked It was the same copy I traded in years ago, lol

Zelda Tri Force Heroes

Code of Princess

Pac Man & Galaga Dimensions

Child of Light PS VITA

Hakuoki Kyoto Winds

Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax

Xenoblade Chronicles X for WII U

Heads up, they are clearancing out Wolfenstein 2 for 26 bucks the one with the TERROR BILLY GI JOE & Steelbook picked up the PS4 version

Thanks OP and my wallet thanks you as well.

Damn, wish I had that kind of selection available to me. I went to three stores and had a hard time finding 3 games I wanted at any one of them. Would have grabbed Nitroplus Blasterz in a heartbeat. 

#148 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   970 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 September 2018 - 12:08 AM

I was able to find 

Guardians of Galaxy Telltale Series ps4

Sexy Brutale with book and music cd ps4

Injustice Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition ps vita

#149 Ultraslick  

Ultraslick

Posted 12 September 2018 - 03:02 AM

Back a 4th time- I have no shame!
-Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time
This completes the R&C mainline games for my collection.
-Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
-Driver: San Francisco
-The Godfather II
-Lollipop Chainsaw (complete for PS3, glad to find this one in the wild during this sale)
-Raiden V: Directors Cut with Soundtrack CD.

I’m done now

#150 CaoPi   (Chou Pei) Mousou nut, KOEI fan CAGiversary!   10725 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 September 2018 - 05:24 AM

New weekly ad shows that this deal is going on until the 16th, only a few days left!