* * * * * 5 votes

*DEAD* Google Home Mini for $1 (Spotify Trial wokraround)

GoogleHome Google Home Mini XboxKinect $1

#61 Jardarpp  

Posted 04 December 2018 - 09:28 PM

Worked like a CHARM. Thanks OP!

#62 Pixie Stix 88   Will Game 4 $$ CAGiversary!   398 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Pixie Stix 88

Posted 04 December 2018 - 10:02 PM

Thank you!

#63 R3DH3R0   15 Years and Counting CAGiversary!   2846 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2018 - 10:08 PM

Did it this morning, thanks!

#64 DarkPhantom13   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   327 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

DarkPhantom13

Posted 04 December 2018 - 10:36 PM

Just got one! Very nice thanks OP!

#65 Dolers   Hopeless CAG CAGiversary!   267 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2018 - 10:40 PM

Does this work outside US? I see that the spotify promo says is US only...

#66 Rotondo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   104 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2018 - 11:47 PM

Thanks for the heads up on this!

#67 Fadeca   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   64 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2018 - 11:47 PM

Hey, thanks op! I can give to someone as a Christmas gift.

#68 w00dm4n   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   284 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2018 - 12:18 AM

Thank You!

it can hang out with my army of Alexas

#69 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 05 December 2018 - 12:30 AM

Hey, thanks op! I can give to someone as a Christmas gift.

If you dont mind giving the gift after Christmas with the shipping times they gave...

#70 ec91762  

Posted 05 December 2018 - 01:20 AM

If you dont mind giving the gift after Christmas with the shipping times they gave...

Mine said it would arrive between the 21st-27th still a good chance it would arrive in time, got it I'm Charcoal so kind of excited!

#71 JohnKnight  

JohnKnight

Posted 05 December 2018 - 01:46 AM

Thank you op!

#72 ratedRblazin  

ratedRblazin

Posted 05 December 2018 - 05:22 AM

This BF promo deal is the only way I was tricked into putting one of these devices in the home .... it works just like you expect - it needs to be resynced to broadcast literally almost every time someone changes the smallest thing (either walking into another room, changing an app, disconnecting someone or something else from WiFi , any network change or data spikes, etc )

I use the google home apps more than Spotify just to get it to broadcast ...don’t know if anyone else has it but are these usually so buggy ?

I just want it to play Christmas music when I asked it to!! Lol

I have 4 alexa devices(3 echo dots and 1 echo) and 1 google home mini I got from last black friday from Best Buy, and IT IS AWFUL!!!! My Home mini will not play music past 60% volume without it restarting immediately. I contacted them for a replacement, and got one and the replacement does the exact same thing. It's a different color than the one I sent them so I at least know its a different unit. I'm not sure if they came out with different generations or not, but from my experience Amazons product blows this thing out of the water especially the GEN 3 Alexa which I also got for $1. 

#73 ThatBlueTurtle  

ThatBlueTurtle

Posted 05 December 2018 - 07:40 AM

got one. appreciate it op!

#74 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11342 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2018 - 11:48 AM

Thanks OP! Ordered one. Decided to pay the $8 shipping so I could get it pre-christmas to give as a gift.

#75 prnceofpwng   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   51 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

prnceofpwng

Posted 05 December 2018 - 12:33 PM

Any idea how long it took for the email for the google home mini to come through after signing up for everything ? It’s been 30 mins and just wanted to make sure I didn’t do something wrong?

#76 mightymek   Welcome to the Gutter CAGiversary!   5330 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2018 - 12:52 PM

Any idea how long it took for the email for the google home mini to come through after signing up for everything ? It’s been 30 mins and just wanted to make sure I didn’t do something wrong?

I had to go back on the account page for the family plan and click “already a member. Get your google home mini” or something like that. Then clicked on that button, then I got the email. It didn’t come through automatically for me after signing up.

#77 7String   Adam Howard CAGiversary!   263 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2018 - 01:15 PM

This BF promo deal is the only way I was tricked into putting one of these devices in the home .... it works just like you expect - it needs to be resynced to broadcast literally almost every time someone changes the smallest thing (either walking into another room, changing an app, disconnecting someone or something else from WiFi , any network change or data spikes, etc )

I use the google home apps more than Spotify just to get it to broadcast ...don’t know if anyone else has it but are these usually so buggy ?

I just want it to play Christmas music when I asked it to!! Lol

I have 4 alexa devices(3 echo dots and 1 echo) and 1 google home mini I got from last black friday from Best Buy, and IT IS AWFUL!!!! My Home mini will not play music past 60% volume without it restarting immediately. I contacted them for a replacement, and got one and the replacement does the exact same thing. It's a different color than the one I sent them so I at least know its a different unit. I'm not sure if they came out with different generations or not, but from my experience Amazons product blows this thing out of the water especially the GEN 3 Alexa which I also got for $1.

Worries me a little bit because I wanted to switch over to google next generation and ditch Apple altogether (chrome book and pixel instead of iPad Pro and iPhone in other words) but if this is any indication of performance, it would be the same as ditching iOS for Android or Windows, which is absolutely a downgrade fail (I’m speaking in terms of crashing and reliability because I’m a PC/windows user and programmer but for simple easy tasks iOS is the stable choice)

Oh well...i guess ill just avoid tech for another few years then

#78 Potatoechomper12   Potatoe pewper CAGiversary!   91 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Potatoechomper12

Posted 05 December 2018 - 03:41 PM

I guess they ran out?  I get a message saying "We're sorry but you're not able to redeem at this moment."

#79 Generico   It's Buggerin' Time CAGiversary!   233 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2018 - 03:52 PM

^ Same, got the same message. I'll try again later and then just cancel the trial so I don't forget.

nevermind. Just got the email and purchased it.

#80 dave auto   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   143 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

dave auto

Posted 05 December 2018 - 04:17 PM

Thanks OP! Took almost 2 hours to receive the email to purchase the Mini, but it finally just arrived.
I've got a ton of home automation going on in my house (lights, HVAC, music) with various cheap Echo Dots already, but a new TV I'm eyeing reportedly works much better with Google Home than Amazon Echo, so it's nice to get one for next to nothing.

#81 Stridix   IT"S OVER 9000!!! CAGiversary!   202 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2018 - 08:40 PM

My cousin informed me yesterday.  Figured $1 wouldn't hurt to try one.  Got the aqua color as coral was sold out for me.

So which one is better, Google home or Amazon echo.  I have amazon echo and have been wanting to try out the google home for comparison.

#82 Dreamweapon   Hehehe, "member" CAGiversary!   80 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Dreamweapon

Posted 05 December 2018 - 08:41 PM

I'll add another thanks, OP; I'm somewhat surprised it's still working, but I got the link within a minute and canceled without incident.  As it happens, I'm closing on my first house the day after tomorrow and the additional Mini will help a lot in covering the additional space, and obviously you can't beat the price.  

#83 Stridix   IT"S OVER 9000!!! CAGiversary!   202 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2018 - 08:42 PM

I was wondering that.  I would go to account home and see if you typed the wrong e-mail.  I did the 1st time and type hotamail instead of hotmail.  Their system sucks for recognizing invalid email.

#84 Myriadtruths  

Myriadtruths

Posted 05 December 2018 - 08:53 PM

Wow I guess I'll return my echo dot this was way too easy to get for just a dollar

#85 GeeWiz   Cheaper than Cheap! CAGiversary!   2257 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2018 - 10:07 PM

I made it to the Google Home Mini checkout but it shows $52 and not free. Am I missing something?

#86 ka561668   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   148 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2018 - 10:11 PM

I made it to the Google Home Mini checkout but it shows $52 and not free. Am I missing something?

I got the same message, but then I tried one of the other colors and it worked. They might have run out of the current color that you clicked on.

#87 7String   Adam Howard CAGiversary!   263 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 December 2018 - 04:07 AM

I’m guessing Alexis going to be much better than google because it has built in premium/proprietary hardware meant for certain things (like Amazon Firestick and kindle....very sturdy, reliable, niche items), but amazon is soon becoming a contender, and I wouldn’t doubt a dabble into cell soon

#88 An Orange Cat   Pet My Fur CAGiversary!   1241 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

An Orange Cat

Posted 06 December 2018 - 05:20 AM

I got the black one last night. Nice find. I was very concerned about the $15 charge, but as stated it really charges NOTHING even though you're authorizing the charge.

#89 7String   Adam Howard CAGiversary!   263 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:36 AM

Wow guys....the promo works!!!
(Exactly like it’s supposed too )
Why are you shocked? They are giving away crap minis just to get you to think exactly like that , to return your Dots. Lol 😂 sounds so dumb but it’s so much money involved

Anyway if it worked I’ll be all for it , but it looks like mixed reviews. But like star ratings of 1’s and 2’s versus 8’s and 9’s,but nothing in between

Guess I’ll have to go on my experience this time and wait

#90 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4182 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 December 2018 - 12:28 PM

That was easy. Thanks op!