* * * * * 5 votes

*DEAD* Google Home Mini for $1 (Spotify Trial wokraround)

GoogleHome Google Home Mini XboxKinect $1

#181 LeonSKennedy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1040 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

LeonSKennedy

Posted 20 December 2018 - 04:34 PM

Got mine on Tuesday (around 10 days from when I signed up- had my shipping date updated twice during that time). Thanks again to the "op" on this promotion. Cancelled Spotify the day it arrived.

#182 Ando   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   100 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2018 - 10:10 PM

Mine arrived today as well.

#183 An Orange Cat   Pet My Fur CAGiversary!   1186 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

An Orange Cat

Posted 20 December 2018 - 10:35 PM

Their plan worked. I want a couple more of these for the house now. I figured it would be trash like Siri, but it answers pretty much any question instantly among other things I find useful. I asked seemingly hard questions too like why the infinity blade was removed from Fortnite and it told me instantly.

#184 moopher   Uvula flicker CAGiversary!   1158 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2018 - 11:12 PM

Their plan worked. I want a couple more of these for the house now. I figured it would be trash like Siri, but it answers pretty much any question instantly among other things I find useful. I asked seemingly hard questions too like why the infinity blade was removed from Fortnite and it told me instantly.

I’ve had one since last November, and it was fine to control things like my thermostats and some of the lights I have around the house. I also took advantage of a few other deals and ended up with a few more over the the last few weeks and honestly, I enjoy having more of them.

I like being able to play my Spotify playlist on all of them simultaneously, great for when you’re cleaning around the house. It’s awesome for reminders or broadcasting notes around the house too. I also discovered that it works with TVs that feature HDMI CEC in conjunction with Chromecast, so I can have it flip on YouTube, Netflix, etc. as well as turn my TVs off and on. Not to mention having the ability for it to turn on a Bluetooth it’s synced to at your request is pretty handy.

I’m really enjoying the network of them. If google wants to listen to my pedantic life of bitching at video games, accidentally burning myself while cooking or grunting while I dump out on the can, more power to them.

#185 moopher   Uvula flicker CAGiversary!   1158 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2018 - 11:18 PM

I’ve had one since last November, and it was fine to control things like my thermostats and some of the lights I have around the house. I also took advantage of a few other deals and ended up with a few more over the the last few weeks and honestly, I enjoy having more of them.

I like being able to play my Spotify playlist on all of them simultaneously, great for when you’re cleaning around the house. It’s awesome for reminders or broadcasting notes around the house too. I also discovered that it works with TVs that feature HDMI CEC in conjunction with Chromecast, so I can have it flip on YouTube, Netflix, etc. as well as turn my TVs off and on. Not to mention having the ability for it to turn on a Bluetooth it’s synced to at your request is pretty handy.

I’m really enjoying the network of them. If google wants to listen to my pedantic life of bitching at video games, accidentally burning myself while cooking or grunting while I dump out on the can, more power to them.

#186 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11310 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2018 - 04:19 AM

I'm giving my Mini as a gift, but I had also gotten in on the free Alexa from Amazon as well last month and I'm quite enjoying it as well. I mostly just use it as a bluetooth speaker/to play Spotify in my room when I'm working which is quite nice.

#187 mojarr0   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   41 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2018 - 07:47 PM

Got mine in 2 days ago. Thanks OP for finding that article.

#188 superhippy1986   Collecting Panties CAGiversary!   1244 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

superhippy1986

Posted 22 December 2018 - 01:56 AM

I got my aqua green one yesterday and I added my main spotfiy account to my trial account so now I have the premium service.

What are my chances Spotify will cancel my service due to having both accounts using my name yet different email?

#189 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3594 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 22 December 2018 - 11:31 PM

I've got mine set up just to use a Blutooth speaker basically. It's great for that at $1. Not ideal since it doesn't have any kind of battery, but if you put it's loud enough for a room or two if you aren't moving it around constantly.