* * * * * 5 votes

Google Home Mini for $1 (Spotify Trial wokraround)

GoogleHome Google Home Mini XboxKinect $1

#1 BrolyB593   I've been here well over a decade?!? o.O CAGiversary!   7667 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2018 - 07:58 AM

All credit goes to the individual who created THIS article.

I am putting it more succinctly here for everyone since the original article is pretty word and full of ads.

That being said I just tried this along with a few buddies of mine and it worked flawlessly.

*I understand this isn't directly a VIDEOGAME deal but technically they can now be used with commanding the Xbox One and such so I figured it deserved a thread here where it can be seen by more!*

Before we begin, there is one major limitation to this deal: you must be a new Spotify Premium subscriber. If you currently pay for any variation of Spotify Premium, you will not be eligible for this deal... Which means just make a new dummy account! : P

Step 1: Create a new Spotify account (or use your old one if you've only ever had a free account)

Step 2: Sign up for the 3 month Premium trial for $1 HERE.

Step 3: Upgrade to a family plan HERE. It says it will charge you $14.99 but what happens is instead it just knocks a single month off of your Premium trial from Step 2.

Step 4: Check your email, there should be a new one with the subject "Your Google Home Mini is now available." from Spotify. Follow the link and it is pretty self explanatory from there. You should not be charged a dime for the Google Home Mini with the promo that auto applies through the link and then the fact that there is free shipping on orders over $35.

Step 5: Cancel your Spotify Family and Spotify Premium memberships HERE (or in your Membership tab on your account) so as to not be charged later. You will retain the membership for the upcoming 2 months (duration of the trial) but will not auto renew so long as you cancel.

**NOTE** It seems that some people are experiencing extremely long processing times for their orders and it may be linked to cancelling immediately. It very well could just be an excess of people scamming this promo and just the holiday season in general but if you can wait a bit to cancel, maybe set up a calendar event and just cancel at the new year or something. **

Step 6: Enjoy your $1 Google Home Mini and maybe even buy this adorable Mickey Mouse accessory like I did since you can now justify it since the Mini was so cheap! ; p

#2 EJam3s01   I was born ready CAGiversary!   183 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

EJam3s01

Posted 04 December 2018 - 08:37 AM

Thanks, got one.

#3 MrMcPizza  

MrMcPizza

Posted 04 December 2018 - 08:42 AM

NO way it worked. cheers man thanks for sharing

#4 7String  

Posted 04 December 2018 - 08:51 AM

This BF promo deal is the only way I was tricked into putting one of these devices in the home .... it works just like you expect - it needs to be resynced to broadcast literally almost every time someone changes the smallest thing (either walking into another room, changing an app, disconnecting someone or something else from WiFi , any network change or data spikes, etc )

I use the google home apps more than Spotify just to get it to broadcast ...don’t know if anyone else has it but are these usually so buggy ?

I just want it to play Christmas music when I asked it to!! Lol

#5 Mclovin1108   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   176 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Mclovin1108

Posted 04 December 2018 - 09:05 AM

Got one too, thanks a lot op for sharing this find

#6 ray2dee   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1630 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2018 - 09:46 AM

Thanks for sharing

#7 BrolyB593   I've been here well over a decade?!? o.O CAGiversary!   7667 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2018 - 10:12 AM

This BF promo deal is the only way I was tricked into putting one of these devices in the home .... it works just like you expect - it needs to be resynced to broadcast literally almost every time someone changes the smallest thing (either walking into another room, changing an app, disconnecting someone or something else from WiFi , any network change or data spikes, etc )

I use the google home apps more than Spotify just to get it to broadcast ...don’t know if anyone else has it but are these usually so buggy ?

I just want it to play Christmas music when I asked it to!! Lol

I've been using a Google Home for a while and haven't really run in to any issues. The Mini will be new to me however, though I have friends with the Mini and they haven't expressed any of those issues either? Wonder if there is something wrong with yours? Maybe it's not getting enough power from an unstable outlet, having some weird wireless interference in your home, or maybe your unit is just defective?

#8 theghost4413   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   128 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

theghost4413

Posted 04 December 2018 - 10:16 AM

Wow nice, thank you. This will be perfect for my office! I appreciate the post!

#9 7String  

Posted 04 December 2018 - 10:40 AM

I've been using a Google Home for a while and haven't really run in to any issues. The Mini will be new to me however, though I have friends with the Mini and they haven't expressed any of those issues either? Wonder if there is something wrong with yours? Maybe it's not getting enough power from an unstable outlet, having some weird wireless interference in your home, or maybe your unit is just defective?

it’s possible then
Maybe I’ll ask for a replacement if they don’t mind

#10 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3763 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 04 December 2018 - 10:52 AM

Thanks a bunch, OP!

#11 mightymek   Welcome to the Gutter CAGiversary!   5314 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2018 - 11:27 AM

Thanks OP, worked like a charm. Google Home Mini 2 months of Spotify Premium to enjoy (I use Amazon Music, but Spotify does have a more), all for $1. Can’t beat that.

#12 CamperinaBush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   737 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

CamperinaBush

Posted 04 December 2018 - 12:14 PM

Thanks, worked great!

#13 Hestar   Artax! Stupid Horse! CAGiversary!   1446 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2018 - 12:31 PM

Crap I think I missed it..When I check out it's trying to charge me 52.00 :(..I made a new spotify account and followed the steps

Edit:Nm I tried to order the grey one and it worked.Guess you can't get the charcoal one (atleast I couldn't) Thanks for the heads up man!!! <3

#14 ka561668   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   144 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2018 - 12:54 PM

Awesome. It only worked for me when I selected the Chalk colored google mini which is fine. Thanks!

#15 davemoseley  

davemoseley

Posted 04 December 2018 - 01:05 PM

Sweet!  I was just able to check out with the charcoal model, so it definitely still works... thanks OP!  I already have three devices dotted around the house but now you can create speaker groups, this'll help the music get to the back of parties :)

#16 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   14242 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2018 - 01:16 PM

This was on Slickdeals more than a week ago. Got mine in the mail the day after Thanksgiving.

Posted 10/31 - https://slickdeals.n...ers-starts-11-1

Posted 11/17 - https://slickdeals.n...1-free-shipping

#17 Renzler   Dude CAG Veteran   679 Posts   Joined 0.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2018 - 01:19 PM

Thanks. Got one

#18 Smiech  

Posted 04 December 2018 - 01:25 PM

Thanks, man, worked like a charm! Excellent breakdown for the instructions.

#19 jdawgg76   RIP Stan the Man CAGiversary!   4820 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2018 - 01:33 PM

it’s possible then
Maybe I’ll ask for a replacement if they don’t mind

I have the same outlook on these as you, but gave it a go when this deal started last week. It has worked flawlessly so far so you may have a lemon or some wifi issues. It was enough of a hit that we ordered two more from Walmart for $18. Not sure if that deal is still active as it seems like a price mistake.

#20 KemperJones   MSRP is for suckers. CAGiversary!   1206 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

KemperJones

Posted 04 December 2018 - 01:33 PM

Got it, thanks!

#21 7String  

Posted 04 December 2018 - 01:43 PM

I have the same outlook on these as you, but gave it a go when this deal started last week. It has worked flawlessly so far so you may have a lemon or some wifi issues. It was enough of a hit that we ordered two more from Walmart for $18. Not sure if that deal is still active as it seems like a price mistake.

wow, ok, def hoping to return or exchange then ...
Thanks for that reply bro

#22 DarthPwner  

Posted 04 December 2018 - 01:54 PM

Worked for me! Thanks OP

#23 AceDegenerate   Ace Degenerate CAGiversary!   225 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

AceDegenerate

Posted 04 December 2018 - 01:55 PM

Worked like a charm, thanks for this OP and for the step by step breakdown.

#24 realbigexplosion   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1572 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

realbigexplosion

Posted 04 December 2018 - 02:18 PM

Thanks OP!

#25 stepasyd   add me! CAGiversary!   615 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2018 - 02:23 PM

Worked for me, apparently! Thanks!

#26 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   6240 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2018 - 02:30 PM

It worked but i hope they dont charge me that $15. Doesnt say anything about free though.

#27 Durden216  

Durden216

Posted 04 December 2018 - 02:36 PM

I tried an account I already had, but never had premium on it. It allowed me to do the trial and I signed up for the family plan. But I didn't get the email about the Google Home. Unless its really delayed. Or the account I used isn't eligible?

#28 ed_ames   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   25 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2018 - 02:46 PM

Wow! Worked like an absolute charm :) Thank you OP.

#29 ElvisTheGreat   Daddy CAGiversary!   660 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

ElvisTheGreat

Posted 04 December 2018 - 02:49 PM

I cancelled the Premium membership... Does that by implication cancel the family membership? I don't see it

#30 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   873 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2018 - 02:54 PM

Excellent, thanks!