* * * * * 6 votes

Target Clearance Thread XXIV

#1591 kraftwerks   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1350 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

kraftwerks

Posted 12 October 2019 - 01:00 PM

Yes they are the NES versions.

Stumbled upon a GOLD MINE. Irondiquoit, NY Target had:

PS4:
Street Figther Anniversary Collection $5.98
Sonic Mania: 8.98
Final Fantasy Dissidia : 2.98
Dead Rising 4: 5.98
Shadow of the Collosus: 5.98

I got quite a few but left lots of good tiltes

SONUVABOOTCH! That’s the store I mentioned a few days ago that got me all excited because a bunch of games listed here were all on an endcap- except they scanned full price. Oh well, I did get a few things from Webster last night.

#1592 mitch079   Mumm-Ra shares with no one! CAGiversary!   12833 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2019 - 05:33 PM

Looks like the arcade versions to me.  Just compare Karate Champ as an example (16:29).

There's other issues with it including some sound and the games being stretched on a 16:9 screen. V2 ones with Street Hoops instead of Desert Assault can be set to 4:3 though by holding the coin and back button in the game selection screen. V1 ones cannot.

These are v2 from what I saw in a store today.

#1593 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 12 October 2019 - 11:09 PM

Somewhat for me. I got everything so far accurate except no mans sky. It says $8.98 but they got sticker on top of code for $21.10.

Hm guess I just have to find one of those things in store where you can put in the DCPI n see the price so I don’t have to ask an employee since they might grab it for themselves lol

#1594 SunbirdTurbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   138 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

SunbirdTurbo

Posted 13 October 2019 - 04:24 AM

SONUVABOOTCH! That’s the store I mentioned a few days ago that got me all excited because a bunch of games listed here were all on an endcap- except they scanned full price. Oh well, I did get a few things from Webster last night.

Anything good left in Webster? Also I am looking for a clearance Arcade1up if you ever see one in this area let me know!

#1595 scottman   The ORIGINAL smiley blank face. CAGiversary!   3687 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

scottman

Posted 13 October 2019 - 06:03 AM

Looks like the arcade versions to me.  Just compare Karate Champ as an example (16:29).

There's other issues with it including some sound and the games being stretched on a 16:9 screen. V2 ones with Street Hoops instead of Desert Assault can be set to 4:3 though by holding the coin and back button in the game selection screen. V1 ones cannot.

These are v2 from what I saw in a store today.

Great. Thanks for the example.  My stores seem to have the V1 versions. I think the difference is both street hoop and magical drop 3 replacing desert assault and burnin rubber. Some online seem to show 35 games, so maybe there are even more versions out there.

I had bought a burger time console a few weeks ago for $12 on clearance and returned it.  These are an excellent deal for $40 considering how much it would cost to buy 34 separate units even on clearance if you don't plan to hack them.

#1596 ndukechi   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   45 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2019 - 08:46 AM

Is brickseek usually accurate with clearance prices?

Yes.  With Walmart and Target the prices have always been correct for me.  It is the inventory that is sometimes incorrect or not out on the floor.  If you really want the item for the low price, just have to check enough stores if don't see it at first store.

#1597 inverted_fray  

inverted_fray

Posted 13 October 2019 - 11:17 AM

From the four or so years I've been using brickseek, target is a lot more reliable with their inventory numbers and clearance prices. You do get the odd price once in a while like games that are supposed to be super cheap but have a sticker with a higher price covering the UPC. Walmart is extremely unreliable to the point that I don't even bother most of the time. I have noticed that the more well off the location of the store the more reliable the data is.

#1598 HelloooNurse  

HelloooNurse

Posted 13 October 2019 - 01:34 PM

It's different for me. The more podunk the location, the less traffic and more likely items will reach the 70% mark. Ever since 1 of my 2  local Targets went through a remodel, only the older slower store has clearance. But you still gotta be careful as even that store is quick to salvage stuff. Clearance at Target just isn't what it used to be.

#1599 Jurai  

Posted 13 October 2019 - 02:35 PM

From the four or so years I've been using brickseek, target is a lot more reliable with their inventory numbers and clearance prices. You do get the odd price once in a while like games that are supposed to be super cheap but have a sticker with a higher price covering the UPC. Walmart is extremely unreliable to the point that I don't even bother most of the time. I have noticed that the more well off the location of the store the more reliable the data is.

Brickseek actually popped up the other day for me that apparently whatever data feed they use stopped giving specific quantity for Walmart, so at least for not it's just in stock or not, not specific numbers

#1600 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7937 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2019 - 03:00 PM

People were complaining about Target Circle replacing Cartwheel, but I, for one, am glad to be getting the 1% back.  I wish they had started this years ago.  One percent doesn't sound like a lot, but I would have probably had some nice coin saved if they had done this earlier in the decade.

#1601 BudzMcGee   GalaxyofGeek.com CAGiversary!   3815 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2019 - 03:44 PM

Saw about 8 copies of the Nathan Drake Collection at the Midway Target in Saint Paul for $5.98 if any MN CAGs are looking for that one.

#1602 SRL1  

Posted 13 October 2019 - 05:02 PM

Saw about 8 copies of the Nathan Drake Collection at the Midway Target in Saint Paul for $5.98 if any MN CAGs are looking for that one.

Found one copy at my store, except I already own it. FYI: this game crash a lot, save files corrupted around 20%. Thank god for cloud saves.

#1603 SRL1  

Posted 13 October 2019 - 05:03 PM

Delete.

#1604 Derrick1979   I think I've been here to long ! CAGiversary!   5925 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Derrick1979

Posted 13 October 2019 - 05:41 PM

Went to an out of the Way target and they had lots of Xbox one Games listed.. Did Grab Life is strange before the Storm and Dishonored DEath of the Outsider for $5.98 each for PS4 which I was happy..  Kinda regretting not grabbing Stick of Truth but ehh  

Had a bunch of Ass Creed Odyssey Gold for XB1 though

#1605 eminemobied12   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1101 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

eminemobied12

Posted 13 October 2019 - 05:50 PM

People were complaining about Target Circle replacing Cartwheel, but I, for one, am glad to be getting the 1% back. I wish they had started this years ago. One percent doesn't sound like a lot, but I would have probably had some nice coin saved if they had done this earlier in the decade.

So, I'm curious, why not just get a Target debit or credit redcard. It's 5% off at point of purchase off almost everything. And has been around forever. Imagine spending 100 bucks at Target, you get back a buck for that 1% as opposed to having have saved 5 from the get go.

#1606 Ervgotti85   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1062 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2019 - 05:55 PM

So, I'm curious, why not just get a Target debit or credit redcard. It's 5% off at point of purchase off almost everything. And has been around forever. Imagine spending 100 bucks at Target, you get back a buck for that 1% as opposed to having have saved 5 from the get go.

If you sign up for the new program you could take advantage of both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#1607 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6893 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 13 October 2019 - 06:19 PM

I can't. Everytime I try to sign up they want me to send a bunch of extra information (bills in my name, confirmation of address, etc.) which I do send and it still denies me. I called a couple of times and they always say it should be good but that they can't pin down my information as there are hundreds of people in my area with the same name. They can't verify who is who even with the information I sent so it gets denied.

So for me the 1% is as good as it's going to get.

#1608 scottman   The ORIGINAL smiley blank face. CAGiversary!   3687 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

scottman

Posted 13 October 2019 - 07:05 PM

People were complaining about Target Circle replacing Cartwheel, but I, for one, am glad to be getting the 1% back.  I wish they had started this years ago.  One percent doesn't sound like a lot, but I would have probably had some nice coin saved if they had done this earlier in the decade.

5% from redcard is better.  If you use that, doesn't earn 1%, so circle is pointless for loyal redcard holders.  Just get some "votes" on deals or charity or something.  Wonder if that is a sign they will get rid of the 5% redcard soon.

#1609 Ervgotti85   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1062 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2019 - 07:09 PM

5% from redcard is better. If you use that, doesn't earn 1%, so circle is pointless for loyal redcard holders. Just get some "votes" on deals or charity or something. Wonder if that is a sign they will get rid of the 5% redcard soon.

the red card still takes 5% but you can then still take advantage of the other Target Circle perks if you use both.

#1610 eminemobied12   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1101 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

eminemobied12

Posted 13 October 2019 - 07:42 PM

the red card still takes 5% but you can then still take advantage of the other Target Circle perks if you use both.

True, but Circle is not any different than Cartwheel for redcard holders. The 1% is only if you don't use the redcard. 5% off vs 1% cashback makes it a no brainers for redcard holders. And the deals aren't any different than Cartwheel. It's just a rebranding.

#1611 eminemobied12   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1101 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

eminemobied12

Posted 13 October 2019 - 07:44 PM

I can't. Everytime I try to sign up they want me to send a bunch of extra information (bills in my name, confirmation of address, etc.) which I do send and it still denies me. I called a couple of times and they always say it should be good but that they can't pin down my information as there are hundreds of people in my area with the same name. They can't verify who is who even with the information I sent so it gets denied.

So for me the 1% is as good as it's going to get.

That's why they ask for your SS#. That's what differentiates you from other people. Someone is not helping you correctly. That's the silliest thing I've ever heard. If you shop at Target enough, you should be fighting for that 5% off vs 1% Cashback.

#1612 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6893 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 13 October 2019 - 08:53 PM

That's why they ask for your SS#. That's what differentiates you from other people. Someone is not helping you correctly. That's the silliest thing I've ever heard. If you shop at Target enough, you should be fighting for that 5% off vs 1% Cashback.

I've been through this many times. I've attempted to sign up with my social, bank statement, check, etc. Once I sign up it request more info in the form of bank statements, proof of address, pictures of my ID, etc. I do all that and it still denies it. I call for clarification and they always say that my name in reference to all others with the same name in my area throws up a flag and denies it.

I'm inclined to believe thats true since it can't be my credit score which is in the 700s. That and I've had similar issues with signing up for other credit cards, phone plans, cable accounts, etc. This isn't just a Target thing for me, it happens somewhat regularly.

I stopped caring about the process as I get the same answer and reasoning each time.

This 1% cashback is great for me otherwise.

#1613 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15018 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2019 - 09:03 PM

$60 Division 2 Gold Edition

https://brickseek.co...sku=207-34-1985

Also $60 on Target.com https://www.target.c...-4/-/A-53958584

Went to a Target we don't normally go to and they had this as well as a few games that have been mentioned. Funny thing is, they had mislabeled it as Division. . .that is on clearance for $5.98. . . :-

#1614 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7937 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2019 - 11:47 PM

To be completely honest, I already have a debit card, and I really don't shop there as much as I used to.  In fact, I hadn't set foot in a Target store for about two months before today. 

This morning, I went in with the intention of buying a Nintendo Switch with the free $25 Target gift card deal, but then, I changed my mind at the last minute.  I ended up buying a few of the clearance games that were mentioned in the posts above mine for the PS4 and Xbox One that I already own.  A few of the monthly expenses had recently gone up, so I probably won't be doing as much impulse buying as I used to do going forward.  I buy most of my new games on sites such as Fanatical, Humble Bundle, and Indie Gala on my PC and very few console games.  

I was just making the statement that I would have done pretty well if they had implemented Circle before now.  I think that Target is seeing how well Rakuten is making out, and they want to see if it will be just as successful if they implemented something similar.  

#1615 scottman   The ORIGINAL smiley blank face. CAGiversary!   3687 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

scottman

Posted 13 October 2019 - 11:52 PM

I've been through this many times. I've attempted to sign up with my social, bank statement, check, etc. Once I sign up it request more info in the form of bank statements, proof of address, pictures of my ID, etc. I do all that and it still denies it. I call for clarification and they always say that my name in reference to all others with the same name in my area throws up a flag and denies it.

I'm inclined to believe thats true since it can't be my credit score which is in the 700s. That and I've had similar issues with signing up for other credit cards, phone plans, cable accounts, etc. This isn't just a Target thing for me, it happens somewhat regularly.

I stopped caring about the process as I get the same answer and reasoning each time.

If you haven't already, I would check your credit report and other monitoring services for identity fraud.  Sounds similar to that.  creditkarma is free.

#1616 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6893 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 14 October 2019 - 12:47 AM

If you haven't already, I would check your credit report and other monitoring services for identity fraud. Sounds similar to that. creditkarma is free.

I have done so for years (check everytime I get an alert that my score has changed which is monthly). Nothing out of the ordinary. Actually went to my bank once to inquire about it and they said it happens more than you would think. People like me who share the same first, middle and last name create issues for companies even when you have their social and address.

As it was explained to me, they (credit card, phone, cable, etc companies) don't want to take the risk of opening such an account and than it coming back as fraud since the information matches up so closely. It's one thing having the same name as thousands of other people in my state but those same people went to the same school, may have lived at the same house, apartment or neighborhood, have the same bank, etc.

Most of the time I can get it dealt with by providing more information than what is normal (even my college had me do extra work) but with Target I've tried multiple times that I don't care anymore to try again. Doesn't help that it's a hard pull on my credit report every time I try which decreases my score when I don't get approved.

#1617 Sean Price II  

Sean Price II

Posted 14 October 2019 - 02:08 AM

Was your account ever flagged for fraud in any way?  The female in my life can't get a red card either, she has almost perfect credit score too, over 750, but some company that had her information got compromised, hacked if you will. So they set them all up with credit monitoring services for 5 years..  Now she can't get anything because they always ask for extra, paperwork, copies of license, this and that, and even when she sends it in, they always say they are still processing it, or its under review, months go by,.. 

anyways same thing happened to her with the RED CARD as you described,, long story short, we are RED cARD less over here.. 

HOWEVER this 1% sounds intriguing..  may have to look into that! 

oNe

#1618 Sean Price II  

Sean Price II

Posted 14 October 2019 - 02:20 AM

Target 1.jpg Target 2.jpg Target 3.jpg

My stores for the good games are a drought but tons of other stuff on clearance as you can see in the pics..

happy hunting

oNe

#1619 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6893 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 14 October 2019 - 02:24 AM

Was your account ever flagged for fraud in any way? The female in my life can't get a red card either, she has almost perfect credit score too, over 750, but some company that had her information got compromised, hacked if you will. So they set them all up with credit monitoring services for 5 years.. Now she can't get anything because they always ask for extra, paperwork, copies of license, this and that, and even when she sends it in, they always say they are still processing it, or its under review, months go by,..
anyways same thing happened to her with the RED CARD as you described,, long story short, we are RED cARD less over here..
HOWEVER this 1% sounds intriguing.. may have to look into that!

oNe

Not that I've ever seen or been notified of. All that you described is what I normally have to deal with when opening new accounts which luckily is barely ever.

You remind me of a time when I tried to open up another bank account. Did it all online and got the same flag to send in some info due to my name and others with similar info. Sent it in and did the usual wait for them to process it. Month goes by and I here nothing. Called and they said they are still processing it. Ok, I'll call back in a week. Same story. Called again and asked to speak someone higher since I shouldn't have to wait that long for such things. Turns out someone needed to ask me questions about my sent in documents to confirm the information and that never happened. She did that herself and I got my account minutes later.

Though it's an annoyance, I like that someone else who may use my information will have the same troubles but not nearly as much information to get anything done.

#1620 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6893 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 14 October 2019 - 03:38 AM

Tide Pods 72ct $8.98

https://brickseek.co...sku=003-08-0576