- - - - -

PS Classic Console $29.99 (OOS)

#31 Super Strider TurbulenceEX   Son of the Old Gods CAGiversary!   544 Posts   Joined 1.3 Years Ago  

Super Strider TurbulenceEX

Posted 11 April 2019 - 06:16 AM

Everyone:

*Drops to 50*
“I’ll wait until it’s $40”

*Drops to $40*
“I’ll wait until it’s “$30”

*Drops to $30*
“I’ll wait until it’s $20”

Just admit that you’re never going to happy.

This is my buy price, $30 is cheap as hell, that’s $1.50 per game with 2 controllers included. ✌

If it does hit $20 or less, I’ll buy another.

Build a better straw-man.

#32 Fadeca   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   64 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 April 2019 - 06:53 AM

Hacking alone makes it worth buy. It's extremely easy to do, I've added about 80 games to it.

#33 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4272 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 April 2019 - 12:24 PM

Hacking alone makes it worth buy. It's extremely easy to do, I've added about 80 games to it.

I need to work on adding games to mine. I was having a time finding games to add though. 

#34 theoldone   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   22 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

theoldone

Posted 11 April 2019 - 01:19 PM

I need to work on adding games to mine. I was having a time finding games to add though.

Same here, can’t find a reliable place to get games from. Have downloaded maybe 2 but is there some quicker way of downloading them, or is it just a slow process of one at a time?

#35 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2397 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 April 2019 - 04:43 PM

Oh it will definitely hit $20 at some point. Best Buy has more than 40,000 of them in their warehouses and on top of that every one of their 1000+ stores has at least 30 with some sitting on 200. ;)

#36 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14464 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 April 2019 - 04:46 PM

Oh it will definitely hit $20 at some point. Best Buy has more than 40,000 of them in their warehouses and on top of that every one of their 1000+ stores has at least 30 with some sitting on 200. ;)

"As part of the PS5 launch, Best Buy is proud to announce a PS Classic is included free with your purchase. . ."

#37 Onyxmeth   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   423 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Onyxmeth

Posted 11 April 2019 - 04:54 PM

Everyone:

*Drops to 50*
“I’ll wait until it’s $40”

*Drops to $40*
“I’ll wait until it’s “$30”

*Drops to $30*
“I’ll wait until it’s $20”

Just admit that you’re never going to happy.

This is my buy price, $30 is cheap as hell, that’s $1.50 per game with 2 controllers included. ✌🏻

If it does hit $20 or less, I’ll buy another.

If everyone said they would buy at $40 then how was your buy price $30? You did establish there was one price the blanket collective decided to buy at, so how did you as an individual deviate from that? It couldn’t possibly be that “everyone” really means some people that said they would buy at $40 and then did, others that said they would buy at $30 and then did, and then others that said they would buy at $20.

#38 Cloudx9  

Posted 11 April 2019 - 04:55 PM

Almost there, only $29.99 more to go until it drops down to my target buy price.

#39 DaShaka   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2000 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 April 2019 - 07:37 PM

D/P

#40 DaShaka   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2000 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 April 2019 - 07:38 PM

If everyone said they would buy at $40 then how was your buy price $30? You did establish there was one price the blanket collective decided to buy at, so how did you as an individual deviate from that? It couldn’t possibly be that “everyone” really means some people that said they would buy at $40 and then did, others that said they would buy at $30 and then did, and then others that said they would buy at $20.

Lmao you’re over analyzing this way too much. It’s no secret that most people are cheap, and keep lowering their buy price. Do you really disagree with that? People do that time and time again. Honestly I usually don’t blame people, but $30 was my buy price for this. I won’t lose sleep over $10, I’m not that hard pressed for cash.

#41 Macedon911  

Macedon911

Posted 11 April 2019 - 07:50 PM

Any benefit of the PS Classic vs the SNES Classic Mini for emulation purposes? I've been reading around now and it seems the the PS classic is on par with SNES after it has been hacked. Just want some personal opinions. I already have a SNES classic hacked with lots of SNES,GBA, and Genesis games, don't have any PS games for it though. 

#42 Chocoburger   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   424 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Chocoburger

Posted 11 April 2019 - 08:25 PM

Sad to see the PS TV flop so hard, when it is 100 times better than this useless piece of garbage. PS TV emulation is great, it plays games from 3 different platforms, and has a far superior controller (analog sticks!) that's wireless. Soft modded allows the system to reach its full potential, making it an excellent purchase. But now PS TV is rare and extremely expensive, and Sony offered this dreck instead. What a shame. All they had to do was remake PS TV and put it inside a classic PSone shell to capitalize off nostalgia.

My friend found 3 PS TVs (Lego bundle) brand new on sale two months ago, and bought them for me, $60 each. Hopefully I can flip it around on ebay for a nice profit.

As for Antonline, I purchased a brand new Switch off them from Ebay and it arrived in perfect condition.

#43 bigbadboaz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   286 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

bigbadboaz

Posted 11 April 2019 - 08:43 PM

Any benefit of the PS Classic vs the SNES Classic Mini for emulation purposes? I've been reading around now and it seems the the PS classic is on par with SNES after it has been hacked. Just want some personal opinions. I already have a SNES classic hacked with lots of SNES,GBA, and Genesis games, don't have any PS games for it though. 

The PS Classic is slightly better hardware, but the mod scene is far behind what they've been able to do with the SNES.

In six months, the PS will probably have slightly stronger arcade emulation on top of doing everything the SNES already does. Basically, if you have to have the better solution between the two, that will eventually be the PS - but if you're happy with what the SNES is doing it's not going to be a big gap. I'll personally be getting the PS for the small perf boost and the ability to take generic USB controllers straight through the front ports.

Regarding PS games themselves: if you do set your SNES up for them, you will be very pleased without needing the actual PSC.

#44 Macedon911  

Macedon911

Posted 11 April 2019 - 10:00 PM

The PS Classic is slightly better hardware, but the mod scene is far behind what they've been able to do with the SNES.

In six months, the PS will probably have slightly stronger arcade emulation on top of doing everything the SNES already does. Basically, if you have to have the better solution between the two, that will eventually be the PS - but if you're happy with what the SNES is doing it's not going to be a big gap. I'll personally be getting the PS for the small perf boost and the ability to take generic USB controllers straight through the front ports.

Regarding PS games themselves: if you do set your SNES up for them, you will be very pleased without needing the actual PSC.

Thanks for the info. I appreciate you taking the time to give me some good info. I think I'll bite. I'll probably buy it from Gamestop since I have a lot of credit there.

#45 Nax5   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   643 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 April 2019 - 10:34 PM

Can we do $20? I think we can!

#46 CheapAssHustla   Hustle..Hustle Hard CAGiversary!   8348 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

CheapAssHustla

Posted 12 April 2019 - 01:12 AM

Yeah I also got burned by this seller over the holidays when I bought an Xbox one x through Google Express and they were the seller. I returned it because it looked open and never got my refund from them, so Google Express ended up refunding me instead. I'm going to avoid this seller like the plague now. I picked up a PlayStation classic from rakuten through a different seller this week with the "save15" 15% off coupon. After tax it came to $32 bucks. So I'm happy with that, even if antonline was selling this for $20 I would pass. Proceed with caution with this one.

Sorry that happened to you. I ordered the same Xbox One X, and everything was factory sealed.

#47 CheapAssHustla   Hustle..Hustle Hard CAGiversary!   8348 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

CheapAssHustla

Posted 12 April 2019 - 01:14 AM

Sad to see the PS TV flop so hard, when it is 100 times better than this useless piece of garbage. PS TV emulation is great, it plays games from 3 different platforms, and has a far superior controller (analog sticks!) that's wireless. Soft modded allows the system to reach its full potential, making it an excellent purchase. But now PS TV is rare and extremely expensive, and Sony offered this dreck instead. What a shame. All they had to do was remake PS TV and put it inside a classic PSone shell to capitalize off nostalgia.

My friend found 3 PS TVs (Lego bundle) brand new on sale two months ago, and bought them for me, $60 each. Hopefully I can flip it around on ebay for a nice profit.

As for Antonline, I purchased a brand new Switch off them from Ebay and it arrived in perfect condition.

I have a few already, but I wouldn't mind getting a few more at $60. Where did he find them? Target? You're right through. The PSTV is fantastic. I use mine almost daily.

#48 DonaldBlank   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   857 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

DonaldBlank

Posted 12 April 2019 - 01:54 AM

but does the PSTV look like a PS1?

I have a PSTV, but this is my stupid argument for the PS1

#49 bigbadboaz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   286 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

bigbadboaz

Posted 12 April 2019 - 03:10 AM

I'll probably buy it from Gamestop

If and when you do, be aware GS just started selling nice wireless pads and extenders under their YoK brand. Seems like they both came late to the party and overstocked them in the face of how hard the PS flopped, so they've been running clearance prices on them out of the gate. If you're gonna want any of that stuff, GS is the perfect place to make the purchase.

#50 dracula   i'll buy that for a dolla CAGiversary!   5025 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 April 2019 - 03:41 AM

Still too much for what it is.

#51 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1915 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted 12 April 2019 - 12:16 PM

Still too much for what it is.

At minimum it is two PC/Raspberry Pi USB quality compatible controllers for $15 each, no tax or shipping.  That is cheaper than one of the better SNES type pads from Buffalo (which is what I've been recommending to friends).  And significantly cheaper than the 8bitdo options (which I admit are wireless).  You also get a USB and HDMI cable.  Even if you toss the (hackable) console and included game licenses in the trash as soon as you get it, it is still worth it.

#52 Onyxmeth   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   423 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Onyxmeth

Posted 12 April 2019 - 12:24 PM

At minimum it is two PC/Raspberry Pi USB quality compatible controllers for $15 each, no tax or shipping. That is cheaper than one of the better SNES type pads from Buffalo (which is what I've been recommending to friends). And significantly cheaper than the 8bitdo options (which I admit are wireless). You also get a USB and HDMI cable. Even if you toss the (hackable) console and included game licenses in the trash as soon as you get it, it is still worth it.

Even though I know this wasn’t what you were arguing, I think it should be noted that this isn’t Best Buy selling them for $30. It’s an eBay seller with a bad reputation, and you’re probably getting something that at best is a used console and at worst is a return nightmare.

#53 spoderman  

Posted 12 April 2019 - 12:26 PM

At minimum it is two PC/Raspberry Pi USB quality compatible controllers for $15 each, no tax or shipping.  That is cheaper than one of the better SNES type pads from Buffalo (which is what I've been recommending to friends).  And significantly cheaper than the 8bitdo options (which I admit are wireless).  You also get a USB and HDMI cable.  Even if you toss the (hackable) console and included game licenses in the trash as soon as you get it, it is still worth it.

Why would anyone want these controllers? If anything, if someone's hacking it they'll probably end up buying different controllers that have sticks. It'd be the last thing I'd buy it for

#54 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1915 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted 12 April 2019 - 12:39 PM

Why would anyone want these controllers? If anything, if someone's hacking it they'll probably end up buying different controllers that have sticks. It'd be the last thing I'd buy it for

For playing retro console games in particular (PC or Raspberry Pi notably), people playing console emulation almost certainly aren't looking for sticks.  It can be hard to find decent solid controllers to do that, particularly for the price.  Even the Buffalo pad (which is one of the best) is very light and feels a bit cheap.  8bitdo has some good options, but they add wireless lag and are more expensive.  Original pads are hard to come by and require port converters to USB that add cost and lag.

A decent first party quality PS1 native USB controller is easily worth $15.

#55 spoderman  

Posted 12 April 2019 - 12:57 PM

For playing retro console games in particular (PC or Raspberry Pi notably), people playing console emulation almost certainly aren't looking for sticks.  It can be hard to find decent solid controllers to do that, particularly for the price.  Even the Buffalo pad (which is one of the best) is very light and feels a bit cheap.  8bitdo has some good options, but they add wireless lag and are more expensive.  Original pads are hard to come by and require port converters to USB that add cost and lag.

A decent first party quality PS1 native USB controller is easily worth $15.

For playing retro console games I stick to my DS4. It's wireless, the dpad is decent, and also works with PC + raspberry pi. I got a couple of them for $15 and $25 last November. I consider those much better options than a PS1 native USB controller. The only thing shitty about it is the battery life, but I suppose all controllers have some kind of flaw. I admit you can't get a DS4 for those prices anymore and I guess if you're on a budget you have a point that these are good enough for retro games. As far as console emulation goes.. I consider PS1 retro, and definitely would rather have sticks on my controller for games that play better with them. I suppose for 2D games it doesn't really matter though.

#56 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2832 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 April 2019 - 01:26 PM

I consider PS1 retro, and definitely would rather have sticks on my controller for games that play better with them. I suppose for 2D games it doesn't really matter though.

For 2D games, I'd rather a controller with a real d-pad.

#57 spoderman  

Posted 12 April 2019 - 01:34 PM

For 2D games, I'd rather a controller with a real d-pad.

That's why I mentioned the DS4. Not saying it has the best d-pad available but it's certainly decent enough for retro stuff. I just don't see much of a reason to buy a PS Classic for these controllers unless you can't afford something better.

#58 DesertLeo   DontReadThis. CAGiversary!   2120 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 April 2019 - 04:20 PM

Y'all know it's sold out now, right guys?

#59 blueArcana   Back on my beat CAGiversary!   1029 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

blueArcana

Posted 12 April 2019 - 09:09 PM

tumblr_npyub9ufwc1rsrplco1_400.gif?w=270

#60 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   1943 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 April 2019 - 11:55 PM

Thanks antonline, really glad you placed the console box in a giant bubble mailer/envelope.

At least it hadn't been opened.  I bought this to use & abuse rather than for a collection anyway.