PS Classic Console $29.99 (OOS)

Good deal...

I'd consider it but it would be a redundant way to play the games included that I'd want to check out.  I'd rather just play my PSN purchased copies on my Vita or PSTV (or PS3, or PSP-Go).  Plus after setting up a retropi and buying two nes classics and an snes classic (plus my PSP-Go)... I know I just wouldn't want it for other purposes.

Waiting for $20 since I already have a retro pi. Would just have it for the collection and never open it anyway. If it never gets there oh well, no loss.

Absolutely worth it now that the internet has blown it wide open.
I need to mess around with mine. I installed Bleamsync and couldn't get the Tomba! I downloaded to work, I didn't spend a ton of time to be fair and just have never gotten back around to it. Paid $35 for mine like a week after Christmas thanks to the Target price match + Cartwheel deal.

I bought something from ANTonline through Rakuten... easily one of the worst sellers I've ever dealt with. Bought a graphics card from them and they sent much a much cheaper model. They never responded to my emails or calls so I had to get Rakuten involved. They told Rakuten they already refunded me my money (not true) and when Rakuten asked for proof, they couldn't provide it. Rakuten ultimately had me send the graphics card back to their own offices and refunded me my money. 

Waiting for $20 since I already have a retro pi. Would just have it for the collection and never open it anyway. If it never gets there oh well, no loss.
Same! I'm pretty much waiting for $20 and below so I can buy it for the plastic shell and controller cords.

Probably wait until big retailer hit $30 before buying. Looks like some ppl posted it is a opened system from antonline

I bought something from ANTonline through Rakuten... easily one of the worst sellers I've ever dealt with. Bought a graphics card from them and they sent much a much cheaper model. They never responded to my emails or calls so I had to get Rakuten involved. They told Rakuten they already refunded me my money (not true) and when Rakuten asked for proof, they couldn't provide it. Rakuten ultimately had me send the graphics card back to their own offices and refunded me my money.
Thanks for the info, yea I don't want to have to deal with that. Might as well just wait till big retailer has it for that price.

Yeah I also got burned by this seller over the holidays when I bought an Xbox one x through Google Express and they were the seller. I returned it because it looked open and never got my refund from them, so Google Express ended up refunding me instead. I'm going to avoid this seller like the plague now. I picked up a PlayStation classic from rakuten through a different seller this week with the "save15" 15% off coupon. After tax it came to $32 bucks. So I'm happy with that, even if antonline was selling this for $20 I would pass. Proceed with caution with this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am going to pass something about this doesn't sit right with me.  gotta be sub 20.  somebody somewhere at some point will have it for 19.99

I bought an Xbox one controller from their eBay store. Box was beat up and it was shipped in a thin mailer (no bubbles), but it was sealed and it has worked fine for months.

Can’t believe how badly they messed this thing up.

Has it been hacked yet? Would love to be able to play some Destruction Derby Raw on it or Twisted Metal 2.

Everyone:

*Drops to 50*
“I’ll wait until it’s $40”

*Drops to $40*
“I’ll wait until it’s “$30”

*Drops to $30*
“I’ll wait until it’s $20”

Just admit that you’re never going to happy.

This is my buy price, $30 is cheap as hell, that’s $1.50 per game with 2 controllers included. ✌🏻

If it does hit $20 or less, I’ll buy another.

Still, $20 too much. I'll bite at $9.99
I doubt it hit $10. I recalled a few CAGers saying they'll wait and buy the PS TV @ $20 nationwide but it never did lol. Now it's like $150+ for a new one. Don't regret it.

I'll consider once it drops below $10 at Big Lots.
Big Lots still sell Video Games? I thought they got out of the video game business a few years ago. The last time I stepped into Big Lots was when they liquidated all their video games at 90 percent off.

Everyone:

*Drops to 50*

*Drops to $40*

*Drops to $30*

This is my buy price, $30 is cheap as hell, that’s $1.50 per game with 2 controllers included. ✌

Build a better straw-man.

Hacking alone makes it worth buy. It's extremely easy to do, I've added about 80 games to it.

I need to work on adding games to mine. I was having a time finding games to add though.
Hacking alone makes it worth buy. It's extremely easy to do, I've added about 80 games to it.
Same here, can’t find a reliable place to get games from. Have downloaded maybe 2 but is there some quicker way of downloading them, or is it just a slow process of one at a time?

Oh it will definitely hit $20 at some point. Best Buy has more than 40,000 of them in their warehouses and on top of that every one of their 1000+ stores has at least 30 with some sitting on 200. ;)

Oh it will definitely hit $20 at some point. Best Buy has more than 40,000 of them in their warehouses and on top of that every one of their 1000+ stores has at least 30 with some sitting on 200. ;)
"As part of the PS5 launch, Best Buy is proud to announce a PS Classic is included free with your purchase. . ."

Everyone:

*Drops to 50*

*Drops to $40*

*Drops to $30*

This is my buy price, $30 is cheap as hell, that’s $1.50 per game with 2 controllers included. ✌🏻

If everyone said they would buy at $40 then how was your buy price $30? You did establish there was one price the blanket collective decided to buy at, so how did you as an individual deviate from that? It couldn’t possibly be that “everyone” really means some people that said they would buy at $40 and then did, others that said they would buy at $30 and then did, and then others that said they would buy at $20.

If everyone said they would buy at $40 then how was your buy price $30? You did establish there was one price the blanket collective decided to buy at, so how did you as an individual deviate from that? It couldn’t possibly be that “everyone” really means some people that said they would buy at $40 and then did, others that said they would buy at $30 and then did, and then others that said they would buy at $20.
Lmao you’re over analyzing this way too much. It’s no secret that most people are cheap, and keep lowering their buy price. Do you really disagree with that? People do that time and time again. Honestly I usually don’t blame people, but $30 was my buy price for this. I won’t lose sleep over $10, I’m not that hard pressed for cash.

Any benefit of the PS Classic vs the SNES Classic Mini for emulation purposes? I've been reading around now and it seems the the PS classic is on par with SNES after it has been hacked. Just want some personal opinions. I already have a SNES classic hacked with lots of SNES,GBA, and Genesis games, don't have any PS games for it though. 

Sad to see the PS TV flop so hard, when it is 100 times better than this useless piece of garbage. PS TV emulation is great, it plays games from 3 different platforms, and has a far superior controller (analog sticks!) that's wireless. Soft modded allows the system to reach its full potential, making it an excellent purchase. But now PS TV is rare and extremely expensive, and Sony offered this dreck instead. What a shame. All they had to do was remake PS TV and put it inside a classic PSone shell to capitalize off nostalgia.

My friend found 3 PS TVs (Lego bundle) brand new on sale two months ago, and bought them for me, $60 each. Hopefully I can flip it around on ebay for a nice profit.

As for Antonline, I purchased a brand new Switch off them from Ebay and it arrived in perfect condition.

Any benefit of the PS Classic vs the SNES Classic Mini for emulation purposes? I've been reading around now and it seems the the PS classic is on par with SNES after it has been hacked. Just want some personal opinions. I already have a SNES classic hacked with lots of SNES,GBA, and Genesis games, don't have any PS games for it though.
The PS Classic is slightly better hardware, but the mod scene is far behind what they've been able to do with the SNES.

In six months, the PS will probably have slightly stronger arcade emulation on top of doing everything the SNES already does. Basically, if you have to have the better solution between the two, that will eventually be the PS - but if you're happy with what the SNES is doing it's not going to be a big gap. I'll personally be getting the PS for the small perf boost and the ability to take generic USB controllers straight through the front ports.

Regarding PS games themselves: if you do set your SNES up for them, you will be very pleased without needing the actual PSC.

The PS Classic is slightly better hardware, but the mod scene is far behind what they've been able to do with the SNES.

In six months, the PS will probably have slightly stronger arcade emulation on top of doing everything the SNES already does. Basically, if you have to have the better solution between the two, that will eventually be the PS - but if you're happy with what the SNES is doing it's not going to be a big gap. I'll personally be getting the PS for the small perf boost and the ability to take generic USB controllers straight through the front ports.

Regarding PS games themselves: if you do set your SNES up for them, you will be very pleased without needing the actual PSC.
Thanks for the info. I appreciate you taking the time to give me some good info. I think I'll bite. I'll probably buy it from Gamestop since I have a lot of credit there.

Yeah I also got burned by this seller over the holidays when I bought an Xbox one x through Google Express and they were the seller. I returned it because it looked open and never got my refund from them, so Google Express ended up refunding me instead. I'm going to avoid this seller like the plague now. I picked up a PlayStation classic from rakuten through a different seller this week with the "save15" 15% off coupon. After tax it came to $32 bucks. So I'm happy with that, even if antonline was selling this for $20 I would pass. Proceed with caution with this one.
Sorry that happened to you. I ordered the same Xbox One X, and everything was factory sealed.

Sad to see the PS TV flop so hard, when it is 100 times better than this useless piece of garbage. PS TV emulation is great, it plays games from 3 different platforms, and has a far superior controller (analog sticks!) that's wireless. Soft modded allows the system to reach its full potential, making it an excellent purchase. But now PS TV is rare and extremely expensive, and Sony offered this dreck instead. What a shame. All they had to do was remake PS TV and put it inside a classic PSone shell to capitalize off nostalgia.

My friend found 3 PS TVs (Lego bundle) brand new on sale two months ago, and bought them for me, $60 each. Hopefully I can flip it around on ebay for a nice profit.

As for Antonline, I purchased a brand new Switch off them from Ebay and it arrived in perfect condition.
I have a few already, but I wouldn't mind getting a few more at $60. Where did he find them? Target? You're right through. The PSTV is fantastic. I use mine almost daily.

I'll probably buy it from Gamestop
If and when you do, be aware GS just started selling nice wireless pads and extenders under their YoK brand. Seems like they both came late to the party and overstocked them in the face of how hard the PS flopped, so they've been running clearance prices on them out of the gate. If you're gonna want any of that stuff, GS is the perfect place to make the purchase.

bread's done
Back