* * * * * 10 votes

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate $1 only !

Xbox Game Pass

#571 Acid Indigestion   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   75 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Acid Indigestion

Posted 04 July 2019 - 06:18 PM

Sorry if this is an old inquiry. But I am trying to add in my 12 month Gold code (currently Gold until 11/3/2021 but it won’t let me use the code presumably because it would put me over the 3 year limit. I am willing to “sacrifice” the four months I would lose if it just chopped off the difference because the $1 deal would still make it worth it. Haven’t others been able to get it to the maximum limit?

Now, worst case scenario, I wait until 11/3/2019. I should still be able to then use my 12 month live card bring it to my 3 year max at 11/3/2022, then joint ultimate for the regular $14.99 price in November and still come out ahead?

From what I understand, the $14.99 would be the cost of the Ultimate Game Pass broken down on a monthly basis. It wouldn't be a good deal, at that point. You're better off converting now for a $1, and not have to pay a monthly fee for the remainder of your Gold subscription, or buying Gold in smaller month ranges (3 or 6 month) to try and get as close to the Gold max (36 months) and really maximize the $1 deal.

#572 tejadab   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   157 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2019 - 06:24 PM

After dragging my feet, I finally took advantage of this and I'm good through 7/4/2022. If anyone is interested I have a 12 month XBOX Live Gold code and a 3 month Game Pass code that I'm willing to part with at a good CAG price, PM me. Looking for PayPal FF.

12 month Gold code is gone, still have the 3 months of Game Pass

#573 billyhexx  

billyhexx

Posted 04 July 2019 - 06:26 PM

Sorry if this is an old inquiry. But I am trying to add in my 12 month Gold code (currently Gold until 11/3/2021 but it won’t let me use the code presumably because it would put me over the 3 year limit. I am willing to “sacrifice” the four months I would lose if it just chopped off the difference because the $1 deal would still make it worth it. Haven’t others been able to get it to the maximum limit?

Now, worst case scenario, I wait until 11/3/2019. I should still be able to then use my 12 month live card bring it to my 3 year max at 11/3/2022, then joint ultimate for the regular $14.99 price in November and still come out ahead?

I purchased 2years to add to my 9 remaining months, and I got the same message as you. I've contacted microsoft support 4 times and it's been over 2 weeks waiting for them to resolve this. I am currently on chat with them to just cancel my subscription. Once that is done, I'll add the 2 years, then Game Pass Ultimate for $1.

EDIT: They can't cancel my subscription due to a "system error". Hilarious.

#574 BadWaluigi=Luigi  

BadWaluigi=Luigi

Posted 04 July 2019 - 06:32 PM

bought a couple 12 mo Gold codes for $50 a piece. I was holding off until the last minute in order to see if there were any $40 deals. Alas, retailers were smart and knew to keep the prices higher. Still, totally worth it for pass and gold for PC and Xbox.

#575 Jurai  

Posted 04 July 2019 - 07:38 PM

Heads up if you're trying to install certain PC games and the install button won't work, some games force you to install latest greatest windows to get it going

#576 SlaughterX   Teh Killer CAGiversary!   1325 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2019 - 12:22 PM

Looks like this deal is still going on?

#577 LunarApex   CAG Ninja CAGiversary!   173 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

LunarApex

Posted 05 July 2019 - 01:15 PM

Yes it just worked for me. My live gold ended next month. I was able to find 12 month codes on g2a for $43. Picked up another 6 month and with the free months managed to get ultimate for the $1 until 6/2022. Not bad. I figured they might throw this sale out again, but I didn't want to miss it just in case.  Cag on you handsome bastards.

#578 SlaughterX   Teh Killer CAGiversary!   1325 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2019 - 01:41 PM

Bought 3 codes off CDkeys but could only redeem 2 because I did the extra month for turning on auto bill.  Fail

#579 vig02   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   8 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2019 - 01:40 PM

Does anyone have any sort of timeline for when this offer disappears?  Just purchased a physical two year renewal card from BJ's website for 94 dollars.  I know that by the time I have the card the promotion could be gone, but I'll roll the dice.

Read through the last couple pages of the thread, also did some Googling, but couldn't really find any information. 

#580 rlm2112   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   906 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2019 - 07:38 PM

I don’t think anyone knows when it’s ending for sure. I’ve seen so many conflicting things now. I doubt it will last much longer, personally.

#581 taz1134   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2019 - 12:53 AM

still working. just did 2.5 years worth of live/gamepass for $1 about an hour ago.

#582 billyhexx  

billyhexx

Posted 20 July 2019 - 03:48 AM

I currently have 8 months of live gold remaining. I've tried to extend the time and it won't let me. I've talked to 6-7 Microsoft techs through chat support and they just open a case, tell me to wait 48-72 hours, then never respond back to me. The prevailing excuse is that my current subscription "account" has been active for over 3 years, so that will not let me add more time. So I figure I can cancel my subscription, then start a new one with 3 years, but when I try to cancel my subscription on the website, and it tells me to contact support. I contact chat support and they give me the run around again. They aren't able to cancel my account because of "errors" and tell me to wait until my subscription runs out. It has been over a month and the promotion ends in 10 days.

Anyone have any ideas on a solution?

#583 MickyDeezNuggets  

MickyDeezNuggets

Posted 20 July 2019 - 03:16 PM

14 days of Game Pass:
QG7DD-6WQPP-62YXY-2GDRY-9FY9Z

30 days of Gold:
HNT7W-6RB7B-FFX3D-9XR42-BTCMR

#584 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 20 July 2019 - 05:26 PM

14 days of Game Pass:
QG7DD-6WQPP-62YXY-2GDRY-9FY9Z

30 days of Gold:
HNT7W-6RB7B-FFX3D-9XR42-BTCMR

Both gone.

#585 S31Ender   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   92 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2019 - 02:00 AM

I had two months when I got the ultimate game pass upgrade for 1 dollar. I did a live chat. I told them I wanted to cancel because a friend said they wanted to buy a couple years of gold for me as a gift but couldn’t because my Ultimate had already begun.
I requested they cancel my Ultimate and that I understood I would lose the time with no refunds. That was ok by me. Guy asked me to confirm that one more time and I did. He cancelled the membership and I was just a base member with no gold or game pass within about 3 mins flat.

Then I added 3 years of gold via cards and then reconverted for the 15 dollars (not 1 dollar because the account knew I had already done that)

Converted all three years to ultimate.

you might not need to do that though, try the below first...

I know you don’t have Ultimate yet but it’s my understanding you can’t buy more than a year of gold via the Xbox interface. Instead, you have to use the gold cards to add it by entering their code.

This should let you go up to 36 months. Then buy the 1 dollar ultimate upgrade and all 3 years will be converted.good luck!!

I currently have 8 months of live gold remaining. I've tried to extend the time and it won't let me. I've talked to 6-7 Microsoft techs through chat support and they just open a case, tell me to wait 48-72 hours, then never respond back to me. The prevailing excuse is that my current subscription "account" has been active for over 3 years, so that will not let me add more time. So I figure I can cancel my subscription, then start a new one with 3 years, but when I try to cancel my subscription on the website, and it tells me to contact support. I contact chat support and they give me the run around again. They aren't able to cancel my account because of "errors" and tell me to wait until my subscription runs out. It has been over a month and the promotion ends in 10 days.

Anyone have any ideas on a solution?

#586 billyhexx  

billyhexx

Posted 21 July 2019 - 06:55 AM

I tried to extend with 2 gold cards. It doesn't let me add them. I've also went through the cancellation process twice. The first time, the tech received an error and said he would talk to his supervisor and get back to me within 72 hours. No response for 2 weeks. The second time, the tech flat out said there is nothing anyone could do because of the error. That I'm SOL until my sub expires.  

I'll try your route of upgrading for $1, then have them try to cancel my sub. Thanks for the reply!

I had two months when I got the ultimate game pass upgrade for 1 dollar. I did a live chat. I told them I wanted to cancel because a friend said they wanted to buy a couple years of gold for me as a gift but couldn’t because my Ultimate had already begun.
I requested they cancel my Ultimate and that I understood I would lose the time with no refunds. That was ok by me. Guy asked me to confirm that one more time and I did. He cancelled the membership and I was just a base member with no gold or game pass within about 3 mins flat.

Then I added 3 years of gold via cards and then reconverted for the 15 dollars (not 1 dollar because the account knew I had already done that)

I know you don’t have Ultimate yet but it’s my understanding you can’t buy more than a year of gold via the Xbox interface. Instead, you have to use the gold cards to add it by entering their code.

This should let you go up to 36 months. Then buy the 1 dollar ultimate upgrade and all 3 years will be converted.good luck!!

#587 S31Ender   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   92 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2019 - 04:46 PM

If they haven’t been able to cancel it then I don’t think upgrading to ultimate will help.

With that said, at least for 1 dollar you’ll have 10 months of ultimate since you can’t get more gold added anyway.

I tried to extend with 2 gold cards. It doesn't let me add them. I've also went through the cancellation process twice. The first time, the tech received an error and said he would talk to his supervisor and get back to me within 72 hours. No response for 2 weeks. The second time, the tech flat out said there is nothing anyone could do because of the error. That I'm SOL until my sub expires.

I'll try your route of upgrading for $1, then have them try to cancel my sub. Thanks for the reply!

#588 greenwingzero  

greenwingzero

Posted 21 July 2019 - 11:43 PM

Does gamepass give any additional savings on sales in addition to gold?

#589 dfo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   752 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 July 2019 - 03:20 AM

Does gamepass give any additional savings on sales in addition to gold?

No.

#590 darken   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   981 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 July 2019 - 12:33 PM

Even though I read your post, I added $100 to my Xbox account to add 2 more years to my account. I couldn't extend my membership through the interface. Fortunately, they let you gift a membership. The code appears in your account so you just copy it and add it to your account and you're good to go. Just can't get the extra month's for auto renewal.

#591 z3razerviper  

z3razerviper

Posted 22 July 2019 - 01:21 PM

No.

I thought they gave you a discount on the gamepass games if you decide to buy them.

#592 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   6392 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 July 2019 - 04:26 PM

I thought they gave you a discount on the gamepass games if you decide to buy them.

The question was does Game Pass offer additional sale savings, and the answer of "no" is correct. It does, as you state, offer a discount to all Game Pass titles, but it does not stack with any other sales.

#593 z3razerviper  

z3razerviper

Posted 23 July 2019 - 02:40 AM

The question was does Game Pass offer additional sale savings, and the answer of "no" is correct. It does, as you state, offer a discount to all Game Pass titles, but it does not stack with any other sales.

Thank you I did not know that. 

#594 billyhexx  

billyhexx

Posted 23 July 2019 - 05:12 AM

I paid $1.06 to upgrade to Game Pass Ultimate today. Expected to have 9 months of it. When I check my subscription, it's showing "Recurring billing on 7/23/2022. Next charge $14.99 on 7/23/2022". Not sure what happened, but it looks like I may have 3 years of Ultimate.

If they haven’t been able to cancel it then I don’t think upgrading to ultimate will help.

With that said, at least for 1 dollar you’ll have 10 months of ultimate since you can’t get more gold added anyway.

#595 SackAttack   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   659 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

SackAttack

Posted 23 July 2019 - 06:22 AM

I paid $1.06 to upgrade to Game Pass Ultimate today. Expected to have 9 months of it. When I check my subscription, it's showing "Recurring billing on 7/23/2022. Next charge $14.99 on 7/23/2022". Not sure what happened, but it looks like I may have 3 years of Ultimate.

When you upgrade, they give you a 1:1 rate on your remaining months of Gold AND Game Pass. If you had, like, 6 months of Gold and 3 of Ultimate,  you should have gotten 9 months.

Where the funky conversion happens is if you try to add a year of Game Pass or a year of Gold after you've converted to Ultimate. THEN the time gets redeemed at something like one month of Ultimate for 3 months of either GP or Gold.

#596 billyhexx  

billyhexx

Posted 24 July 2019 - 12:24 AM

When you upgrade, they give you a 1:1 rate on your remaining months of Gold AND Game Pass. If you had, like, 6 months of Gold and 3 of Ultimate,  you should have gotten 9 months.

Where the funky conversion happens is if you try to add a year of Game Pass or a year of Gold after you've converted to Ultimate. THEN the time gets redeemed at something like one month of Ultimate for 3 months of either GP or Gold.

Yeah, I only had 8 months of Gold, no Game Pass. But my account shows an expiration of 7/23/2022, 3 years from now.

#597 S31Ender   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   92 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 July 2019 - 12:52 AM

In your earlier replies trying to add gold, I wonder if you had that time but the interface was saying otherwise or maybe in support’s attempts to fix the issue the time was added but again, not displaying correctly.

Either way. Looks like it all worked out in the end!

Yeah, I only had 8 months of Gold, no Game Pass. But my account shows an expiration of 7/23/2022, 3 years from now.

#598 rlm2112   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   906 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 August 2019 - 04:20 AM

Anyone know if this still works?

#599 edison   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   541 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 August 2019 - 04:24 PM

Yes. It still shows on the website. https://www.microsof...vot:overviewtab

Just make sure to get as close to the 36 months total (Gold, and/or Game Pass) before joining for $1.

#600 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1890 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted 01 August 2019 - 05:35 PM

Yes. It still shows on the website. https://www.microsof...vot:overviewtab

Just make sure to get as close to the 36 months total (Gold, and/or Game Pass) before joining for $1.

35, remember the $1 gives you a month as well.  It wouldn't be CAG to omit that :)