Xbox Game Pass Ultimate $1 only !

CaseX

CAGiversary!
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is only $1

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-game-pass-ultimate/cfq7ttc0khs0

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is a new subscription option that gives you Live Gold and Game Pass for one monthly fee.  With this deal, you will get the first month of Ultimate for $1, plus it will convert any remaining months you have on your existing subscriptions to Ultimate (up to a maximum of 36 months/3 years).

For example, you currently have 6 months of Live Gold.  Sign up with this deal and get 7 months of Ultimate ($1 for first month, 6 months of Live Gold converts to 6 months of Ultimate).

Second example: you have 9 months of Xbox Live Gold left and you have 6 months of GP left.  First month for $1 + 9 months + 6 months = 16 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.

Edit:

Additional tips below.

Once subscribed/converted to Ultimate, if you go to the Xbox website, you can turn off recurring payments if you don't want to pay $15 after your sub ends.

Potential way to maximize your $:  The longest possible Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription is 3 years.  If you can find Xbox Live Gold or Game Pass deals for cheap, buy enough so the total of those plus your current remaining months

Last edited by a moderator:
Correct. The deal, as advertised, is one month of Game Pass Ultimate for $1. You'll still receive that one month, plus all your remaining time will be combined together on top of it, so in your case, three months.

As others have said, if this interests you at all, you should stock up on Live Gold before adding the one month for one dollar. Even if you have to pay full price for Gold, it will still add a full year at the price of four months of Ultimate (Gold = 60/year, Ultimate = 15/month).
Ahh OK. For some reason I thought this only "combined" months since thats all I was seeing here aha

Thanks

Get the Xbox 6 month game pass codes for $20 each on CAG. I bought 5 and I had 5 months left on live. With the ultimate 1 month trial it gave me 36 months of Ultimate for $100 out of pocket. I even got the 5 months of Live for free from Star Wars Celebration at the Fallen Order reveal.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/368494-xbox-game-pass-6-mo-code-20pp-x1-mortal-kombat-11-premium-edition-full-game-code-40-pp-x1-rage-2-full-game-code-30-pp/
What 5 month live code? I watched the reveal too but my reward on mixer was KOTOR for free. I never got any code for live.

I’m pretty sure I have enough codes to max out (and then some). Gold expires 11/4/20 and GP expires 8/22/19. If I’ve done my math right, a 12 month gold and 3 month gp should get me there. That will leave me with a 12 mo gold and 1 mo gp code still unredeemed

What 5 month live code? I watched the reveal too but my reward on mixer was KOTOR for free. I never got any code for live.
If you were in the main stage of the Fallen Order reveal, they gave you tickets to redeem for a poster and a green card that had a 1 month Xbox live code. I ended up with 5 since it said one per account. People didn't need them so I collected them around. Turns out, all 5 worked on my account.

If you were in the main stage of the Fallen Order reveal, they gave you tickets to redeem for a poster and a green card that had a 1 month Xbox live code. I ended up with 5 since it said one per account. People didn't need them so I collected them around. Turns out, all 5 worked on my account.
Oh okay. That makes sense. You were actually there and not watching the stream. I've never subscribed to Gold before but thinking now about how to maximize this deal.

I bought 4  six month game passes for $80 and then converted for $1.00. Set until 7/2021 thanks CAG for helping me spend money i shouldn't to save money 

EDIT: SOLD THANK YOU!

I bought too many years of Live from CDKEYS and can't stack anymore.  So I'm selling off a 12 month code for $44 PayPal (six bucks off!).  I know this isn't the trading forum but I figure for this rush of activity its helping someone and relevant :)

Still confused.

I currently don't have gold, but have Game Pass until November of this year.  What would happen if I did this?

Non-ultimate codes will still redeem once you have ultimate at a lower amount of time.  Game pass is 3:2 conversion and Gold is 3:1.  So a a 3 month game pass will give 2 months of ultimate and a 3 month gold will give 1 month of ultimate.

When you upgrade, all gamepass and gold combine into ultimate.  Like above, game pass until November will turn into ultimate until December (get a month with the upgrade).  If you have a year of gold and a year of pass, you get 2 years (+1 month) of ultimate.

Still confused.

I currently don't have gold, but have Game Pass until November of this year. What would happen if I did this?
You have about 5 months of Game Pass, so you would get 6 months of Game Pass Ultimate (5 months + 1 for $1). If you can, I'd advise adding more Game Pass or Gold sub before doing this, otherwise you are missing out on a lot of free sub.

You have about 5 months of Game Pass, so you would get 6 months of Game Pass Ultimate (5 months + 1 for $1). If you can, I'd advise adding more Game Pass or Gold sub before doing this, otherwise you are missing out on a lot of free sub.
So even though this deal says it's only good for a month, it's actually for longer depending on how long you have Xbox gold or gamepass already paid for? I only have gamepass until August. If I signed up for this deal, I would get Ultimate until September. If I pay like $40 for a year of gold and then do this deal, I'd essentially be getting gamepass for free or gamepass and gold for a year and a couple months for $41 correct?

Shit, I bought a 1 year XBL Gold and a 2 year XBL Gold. However, Xbox gave me a 1 month free pass on Xbox Game Pass. That 1 extra month is blocking me from redeeming my 2 year XBL Gold because it will push me to 3 years and 1 month of service, which is past the 3 year cap. I can't cancel my free 1 month Xbox Game Pass because it was "prepaid."

I'm screwed. I was able to cancel my free 1-month Xbox Game Pass, but now I just realized that my 1 year XBL Gold redemption added 13 months, not 12. So now, that one extra month is blocking me from redeeming my 24 month prepaid. Customer Service can't "take away" one month as I'm trying to get to 36 months.
Despite working with customer service, nothing appears to be able to be done. My 1-month free XBL Gold from agreeing to do the recurring billing after adding my 12 month prepaid is blocking my redemption of my 24-month prepaid because it would push me to 37 months (1-month over the cap), so I guess that's it.

Guess this is all silly to have tried anyway, since I don't have an Xbox and was trying to get in on this subscription in anticipation of getting one later this year.

So even though this deal says it's only good for a month, it's actually for longer depending on how long you have Xbox gold or gamepass already paid for? I only have gamepass until August. If I signed up for this deal, I would get Ultimate until September. If I pay like $40 for a year of gold and then do this deal, I'd essentially be getting gamepass for free or gamepass and gold for a year and a couple months for $41 correct?
Correct.

I hope this deal sticks around for a while, I bought a year of Gold to take advantage of this but their store server is completely destroyed right now.   :whistle2:\

Thanks for the post OP, and thanks to the other users posting about deals on game pass/xbl around.  Got gold and gamepass until 3/11/2020 for $21!

Am I reading the fine print right, in that I wouldn't per se have to capitalize on the deal RIGHT NOW, the 1:1 conversion is for whenever you do it the first time (after which the less ideal conversion rates kick in)? The only timed part being the $1 upgrade deal?

Am I reading the fine print right, in that I wouldn't per se have to capitalize on the deal RIGHT NOW, the 1:1 conversion is for whenever you do it the first time (after which the less ideal conversion rates kick in)? The only timed part being the $1 upgrade deal?
That's what I wanna know, cause I have a bunch of PS4 games to get off my backlog before I add a shit ton of gamepass on top of that

Small point in the frenzy, but the actual math is, months of Gold remaining + months GP remaining + 1 (the month of Ultimate you get for the dollar).
Thank you! I updated the OP to reflect that extra $1 month.

Just took advantage of this, great deal overall. I'm now good through 2022 thanks to a few 6-month Game Pass codes I added onto my existing subs. Good find...thanks.

Ok my XBL Gold now expires 04/28/22

Should I bother trying to find a 3 month XBL Gold and then convert to UGP, or just go ahead and convert now?

Seems like I've read some people got an extra month or three from the conversion..

I guess I have to wait a year and a half before converting if I’m going to make this worthwhile at all. Lame. And I still have a 3month game pass code from amazon I can’t use yet. So lame.

I think I got screwed by the system.  I had 2 years of of Live and no Gamepass.  I added 1 year of Gamepass.  Then converted to Ultimate and got no additional time (just two years of Ultimate).  Two other accounts for family members worked as others have described and got extended time.

Ok my XBL Gold now expires 04/28/22
Should I bother trying to find a 3 month XBL Gold and then convert to UGP, or just go ahead and convert now?
Seems like I've read some people got an extra month or three from the conversion..
You’ll get one extra month. Do you have any game pass? You could try doing a gamepass trial. They usually have 3 months for $1. That will max you out when you do the conversion to ultimate for $1. Or you could just buy a month pass of gold or game pass then do the ultimate.

I never do this but im considering trading 4, 3 month xbox live gold cards (A years worth) for a year of ps plus which is currently on sale for $40 (you can get it for 33.99 from rakuten.) I got them from BestBuy a few years ago when they were on sale. Ended up never needing them. 

Hey, guys. Sorry if this is redundant information but I just did this deal (and it worked!, I now have ultimate game pass for 3 years from today). 

This is important to anybody trying to add gamepass stuff to their account:

It will only let you do 36 months total. ITIFU and added extra gamepass subscriptions because I didn't know there would be a limit. I had 2.5 years left on my gold and then subscribed today the 1.5 years I had saved up for gamepass (btw, thanks bing rewards for giving me all this for free). It only showed up as 36 months from today so just be aware not to exceed 36 combined months on both. I lost 9 months of gamepass because I didn't know they would cap the limit but it's still a hell of a deal AND I used a $1 credit I still had on my account so it literally cost me nothing for 3 years of this service now. 

Great deal, just plan ahead if you have more than 36 months of subscriptions! 

CDKeys is legit. Bought many things from there. I believe they’re a British company but everything comes instantly.

CDKeys is legit. Bought many things from there. I believe they’re a British company but everything comes instantly.
That's good but I'll wait for a better deal than the $48 they are selling subs for. I missed out on $40 for a year of gamepass codes that were available earlier today so I will keep looking.

So I already had Game Pass through 5/28/2020 (got 3yrs free back when they were handing out stacking 1mo Game Passes on T-mobile Tuesday). Found someone on the FB Marketplace who sold me 12mo XBL for $25. Then went ahead and spent the $1 to convert to Game Pass Ultimate. Spent $26 total.

Before:
XBL - Expires 7/9/2020 (12mo + 1mo for autorenew)
GP - Expires 5/28/2020

After:
GPU - Expires 7/28/2021

Sweet.

I stacked up on GamePass last year when it was half price until 2021 but my Live expires in a couple of months. How would this work - or would it? When is this deal over?

So I already had Game Pass through 5/28/2020 (got 3yrs free back when they were handing out stacking 1mo Game Passes on T-mobile Tuesday). Found someone on the FB Marketplace who sold me 12mo XBL for $25. Then went ahead and spent the $1 to convert to Game Pass Ultimate. Spent $26 total.

Before:
XBL - Expires 7/9/2020 (12mo + 1mo for autorenew)
GP - Expires 5/28/2020

After:
GPU - Expires 7/28/2021

Sweet.
I never even thought about FB marketplace. How safe is it? Are there always those kinds of deals on Gold?

Does the signup page on Xbox.com have this math?

It just says "automatically upgrades" and "see FAQ" and the only thing in the FAQ I found is the 2:1 or 3:1 conversion.

I've got about 18 months of each Gold and GP, and another 2x3month GP codes I haven't added yet.

If it gets me 36 months, I'm very in -but if it gets me 15 months, not interested.

Just would like to confirm before committing the conversion

bread's done
Back