Xbox Game Pass Ultimate $1 only !

CaseX

CAGiversary!
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is only $1

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-game-pass-ultimate/cfq7ttc0khs0

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is a new subscription option that gives you Live Gold and Game Pass for one monthly fee.  With this deal, you will get the first month of Ultimate for $1, plus it will convert any remaining months you have on your existing subscriptions to Ultimate (up to a maximum of 36 months/3 years).

For example, you currently have 6 months of Live Gold.  Sign up with this deal and get 7 months of Ultimate ($1 for first month, 6 months of Live Gold converts to 6 months of Ultimate).

Second example: you have 9 months of Xbox Live Gold left and you have 6 months of GP left.  First month for $1 + 9 months + 6 months = 16 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.

Edit:

Additional tips below.

Once subscribed/converted to Ultimate, if you go to the Xbox website, you can turn off recurring payments if you don't want to pay $15 after your sub ends.

Potential way to maximize your $:  The longest possible Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription is 3 years.  If you can find Xbox Live Gold or Game Pass deals for cheap, buy enough so the total of those plus your current remaining months

Last edited by a moderator:
I had some 3 month codes left over and I got a free month for each one I redeemed with auto renewal turned on. So it's really a 4 month code.

on cdkeys it is $16.59 so for 12 months it would be $49.77 cheaper than the $54.99 price they have for 12 months right now.
brilliant. thanks.

I'm getting the "something went wrong" error when trying to convert. will try it on my x1.

All set till 7/9/2020

I would had maxed out but I didn't want to spend more money right now with Death Stranding and Cyberpunk 2077 collector's edition coming out.

I did not use any cash on this deal since all my XbL came from Bing rewards. The cool thing after being upgrade to Ultimate for the next 3 years is then watching E3 Microsoft & Bethesda shows and realizing I won't be paying a cent to play alot of those games. So not only did this deal save me $360 for Gamepass but also countless other $60 AAA games i'd normally buy.

Best.

Deal.

Of.

The. 

Year!

Heck, even Wolfenstein Young Blood will probably show up sometime 6 month after release, maybe even Doom!

I did not use any cash on this deal since all my XbL came from Bing rewards. The cool thing after being upgrade to Ultimate for the next 3 years is then watching E3 Microsoft & Bethesda shows and realizing I won't be paying a cent to play alot of those games. So not only did this deal save me $360 for Gamepass but also countless other $60 AAA games i'd normally buy.

Best.

Deal.

Of.

The.

Year!

Heck, even Wolfenstein Young Blood will probably show up sometime 6 month after release, maybe even Doom!
Also, with Scarlett coming out in Holiday 2020, we'll have about 18 months of free Scarlett first party games! It's insane.

What's the conversion rate after you upgrade? I heard 3 to 2, but is that just for Game Pass or Gold as well?
The conversion rate is 3 months of Gold to 1 month of Ultimate. Maybe Game Pass will trade for less or more...but I wouldn't suggest trying to add to your subscription post-conversion XD

Ugh, should I convert. I have gold until 2021 but gamepass already until April 2022 and even still have a three month code to redeem.
I don't know why you wouldn't, if you convert then you'll have both Gold and Game Pass through June 2022, so you are getting bunches of extra months for $1. Don't redeem the code first though, it won't help since you already have more than 36 months.

Best.

Deal.

Of.

The.

Year!

Well to be fair, you did have to do quite a bit of work to get enough points to get those rewards. It takes what, 3 months of doing all their stuff just to get a 12 month gold sub? To some people, it's not worth it. If I am diligent with swagbucks.com, I can get like $1 a day which means it's a better deal than bing but my whole point is, those bing rewards take some effort.

Is there a way to preview when the ultimate subscription would end before going through with it? My gold ends 7/24 and game pass ends 9/6, but I don't know what it'll add up to.

Is there a way to preview when the ultimate subscription would end before going through with it? My gold ends 7/24 and game pass ends 9/6, but I don't know what it'll add up to.
No preview, but you've got around 1 month Gold and 3 months Gamepass, so that should give you 1+3+1 = ~5 months GPU. I would strongly advise adding more Gold or Gamepass before doing the deal to get more benefit if you can.

No preview, but you've got around 1 month Gold and 3 months Gamepass, so that should give you 1+3+1 = ~5 months GPU. I would strongly advise adding more Gold or Gamepass before doing the deal to get more benefit if you can.
Yeah, I was planning on anyway. I have a 6 month GP code and 4 month Live card. I was thinking of adding 2 years, but I think that would throw me over the 3 year limit. Maybe I should just redeem the 6 month code and sell the 4 month or something. That should put me at 35 months which is pretty good.

chatting with xbox support... i keep getting an error trying to upgrade to ultimate.  :???:

I think i might have just wasted $90 today.

Damn! I've basically ignored my Xbox but this is too good to pass up.

So I can just horde a bunch of Gold subs and redeem them, then convert it by doing the $1 thing?

There's no word on how long this will last?

Yeah, I was planning on anyway. I have a 6 month GP code and 4 month Live card. I was thinking of adding 2 years, but I think that would throw me over the 3 year limit. Maybe I should just redeem the 6 month code and sell the 4 month or something. That should put me at 35 months which is pretty good.
That would seem to be the smartest, least painful way to do it. 35 or 36 is he magic number here so do what you need to to get to it!

You want to be at 35 since the $1 to join adds one month. So, you should get the full 3 years.

This is just a ridiculously crazy deal. If you can at all do it, you should REALLY max out your subs to 35 months prior to upgrading.  Can’t see this being anywhere near this cheap again. 

BTW, if you have say 24 months of gold on your account and 14 months of game pass you will max out at 36 (losing 2 months). Well well worth it. 

This is just a ridiculously crazy deal. If you can at all do it, you should REALLY max out your subs to 35 months prior to upgrading. Can’t see this being anywhere near this cheap again.

BTW, if you have say 24 months of gold on your account and 14 months of game pass you will max out at 36 (losing 2 months). Well well worth it.
I think that many of us realize this. It's just going about trying to find the best deal.

Might have already been mentioned, but if your like me and had nothing on your account and decided to add the full 3 years don't just think oh this deal keeps getting better and check the box to get a free month for turning on auto renewal if it pops up for you. I bought a year off of ebay and the 2 year code from Costco. Redeemed the first code and then had to go thru support to have it cancelled and reissued without the bonus month before I could redeem the Costco code. Luckily I got a really nice support agent. He deserved better than the lies I told him. I gave him 5 stars and wrote him a really nice review though. I like to think that makes it OK.

nope. they told me to try again in 24 hours.
Hmm, that’s what they told me too. It then said that it was due to a service outage and that my account was fine. Service outage is over now and it’s still not working.

It is more interesting now though, since when I tried with a credit card instead of credit for the $1 I got an immediate fraud alert from my credit card. It seems that they’re getting far enough to charge my card, then something goes wrong and they refund it. But they retry it three times! I’m really hoping it clears up before the deal is over.

nope. they told me to try again in 24 hours.
Hmm, that’s what they told me too. It then said that it was due to a service outage and that my account was fine. Service outage is over now and it’s still not working.

It is more interesting now though, since when I tried with a credit card instead of credit for the $1 I got an immediate fraud alert from my credit card. It seems that they’re getting far enough to charge my card, then something goes wrong and they refund it. But they retry it three times! I’m really hoping it clears up before the deal is over.

I know redeeming a 12 month card gives you an extra month if you turn on auto-renew. Does redeeming a 3 month card also give you a month or are there different amounts given for the smaller redemption cards? I saw someone say a 1 month card gives you 14 days, so I was wondering if the others were different as well.

I know redeeming a 12 month card gives you an extra month if you turn on auto-renew. Does redeeming a 3 month card also give you a month or are there different amounts given for the smaller redemption cards? I saw someone say a 1 month card gives you 14 days, so I was wondering if the others were different as well.
I got an extra month for a 6 month card. Not sure about 3 month.

I think I ended up getting a few months more than I needed because of the extra months from the cards, and not counting the $1 month. I'm still excited about having ultimate paid for 3 years though.

yes I used 3, 3 month codes and got 3 free months for a total of 12 months.

I subbed to Ultimate for $1 with no live without knowing it would stack.  If I added 12 months of live and then added 3 months of Ultimate after this $1  Ultimate deal expires, would I get 15 months of everything? 

Gamestop and Best Buy have a "limited time introductory offer" of $20 for three months of Game Pass Ultimate. This is listed as being a discount from the normal $45 for three months, so it currently looks like there's no discount from one month to three months.

The fine print says it can only be redeemed once a year, so you can stock up now, but you'll only be able to redeem each additional one after a year has passed.

As of now, I can't get the limited time offer to add to my Gamestop cart. It's showing in my Best Buy cart, but I haven't pulled the trigger yet since I'm good until 2021 from this deal.

Gamestop and Best Buy have a "limited time introductory offer" of $20 for three months of Game Pass Ultimate. This is listed as being a discount from the normal $45 for three months, so it currently looks like there's no discount from one month to three months.
The fine print says it can only be redeemed once a year, so you can stock up now, but you'll only be able to redeem each additional one after a year has passed.
As of now, I can't get the limited time offer to add to my Gamestop cart. It's showing in my Best Buy cart, but I haven't pulled the trigger yet since I'm good until 2021 from this deal.
Don’t bother. People on Twitter reporting it can’t work if you did the upgrade. Maybe it will work one year from now, but at that point you risk losing the code or forgetting about it.

I subbed to Ultimate for $1 with no live without knowing it would stack. If I added 12 months of live and then added 3 months of Ultimate after this $1 Ultimate deal expires, would I get 15 months of everything?
No, you get hit with a conversation ratio. You wouldn't get the full 12 months. Best to just cancel ultimate offer and it should be available again. Do the 12month subscription and then do the $1 offer again.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Well to be fair, you did have to do quite a bit of work to get enough points to get those rewards. It takes what, 3 months of doing all their stuff just to get a 12 month gold sub? To some people, it's not worth it. If I am diligent with swagbucks.com, I can get like $1 a day which means it's a better deal than bing but my whole point is, those bing rewards take some effort.
It's probably about 5 minutes per day for 3 months, so 450 minutes or 7.5 hours.

Swagbucks sounds like a good option also. If $1 per day and assuming xbox gold is $60 cost, that would be about 60 days. A little less time compared to bing rewards.

No, you get hit with a conversation ratio. You wouldn't get the full 12 months. Best to just cancel ultimate offer and it should be available again. Do the 12month subscription and then do the $1 offer again.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
There doesn't seem to be a way to cancel it though. Not that I know of.

[quote name="mundial1345" post="14175208" timestamp="1560168267"]I have a month trial for gamepass can I use that then do this deal?

I think so. I signed up for the 3 months for $1 about two weeks ago so it was good through mid August.

If I remember correctly the deal was for signing up first time like the trials as I’ve never had gamepass previously.

My gold was good until 9/18/21

Now it says ultimate good until 12/30/21 so I think it combined both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ugh, I went over the combined 36 months (only by 2 months) and it won't let me convert. I figured I would just lose the two months, but nope. Contacted support and they weren't able to figure out a solution but are working on it and are going to email me back.

Maybe a stupid question but does this still enable you to share your Live and Game Pass with someone else? I game share with my brother and I just want to make sure we keep being able to share it all.

Next charge on 6/10/2022 after adding 2 years of live. Cost me 110 bucks but for three years of live and gamepass when I only had a few months of live and 5 months of gamepass left seems pretty great. Plus, throwing in PC Gamepass isn't a bad extra

Bought 2 years of live for $120 to bring my expiration date to 10/25/21 and had Game Pass until 7/28/19 so now have Game Pass Ultimate until 1/4/22. Looks like they only converted 1 month of my game pass subscription so I lost 18 days, but no biggie.

Anyone order from cdkeys and not get a confirmation email? I got my PayPay email confirmation and see the order number in my cdkeys account listing complete. Been about an hour now... they're usually not this slow.

Ugh, I went over the combined 36 months (only by 2 months) and it won't let me convert. I figured I would just lose the two months, but nope. Contacted support and they weren't able to figure out a solution but are working on it and are going to email me back.
That’s odd. It let me lose almost three years in overage.

True Bing's payout is lower but i wouldn't say its alot of effort. Every morning after a shower i sit down with a cup of java and spend 5-10 max doing searches & quizes. Then once a month i'll go thru my weekly emails from them and if there's some quests that capture my eye i'll do those as well. I average 11-13k monthly. So for me I usually only need 6-7 months per year to max out a Xbl accout with 3 years. The rest of the year's points was going to go towards Gamepass but with this deal it's saved me 3 years worth. So for next 3 years i'm gonna be swimming in points!

If you’re feeling brave get the $20 code from Best Buy and try that.

Maybe because I'm combining Xbox Live Gold and Game Pass to Ultimate Game Pass? It specifically gave an error saying it wasn't able to extend the subscription that far.
I combined 3 years of game pass and 3 years of gold. No error. They just only gave me 36 months.

bread's done
Back