* * * * * 2 votes

Gamestop Black Friday 2019 Ad Deals

#31 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14754 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2019 - 04:45 AM

What’s the maximum amount of hold requests you can put in at one store at a time?

#32 Zantra  

Posted 23 November 2019 - 05:06 AM

They're not going away THAT soon. Your return window will close long before they go out of business.

The price of the VITA is pretty tempting, as a used VITA can sell for over $200 on Amazon, but I still don't want to risk it. Especially since the store in my town closed a few months ago, along with sixth other stores nearby.

#33 abbabaab   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   2016 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2019 - 06:12 AM

Looking closer at the ad, turns out that the Sega Genesis Mini is going on sale starting Sunday. Seeing as that's the only thing I really want from out of this ad, I guess I'll be done with them early.

#34 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   13114 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2019 - 07:11 AM

In for Indivisible, Bloodstained, and probably the 128GB SD card.

Is anyone putting :ps4: Crash Team Racing on sale?

I’d be surprised if Target only had the switch version on sale

Crash Team Racing for PS4 will be $15 at Target.  When you click on the detail of the $15 games in the actual ad on the Target site, it shows that the Switch/PS4/XB1 versions will each be $15.

#35 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14865 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2019 - 07:32 AM

Not even a mention of Anthem for $5, that's Savage.

Releasing an incomplete game and knowing damn well what they did is savage.

Also, Mandalorian is savage AF. That is all.

#36 Zantra  

Posted 23 November 2019 - 08:33 AM

Releasing an incomplete game and knowing damn well what they did is savage.

Also, Mandalorian is savage AF. That is all.

Oh, I know. Bioware messed up big time. And, forcing people to pay for online to play single player is pretty stupid.

#37 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4431 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2019 - 08:36 AM

Thanks For posting!

#38 JohnnySako   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   579 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

JohnnySako

Posted 23 November 2019 - 11:40 AM

Thanks for posting! I'll be picking up Metal Wolf Chaos for me and WRC 8 for my son.

...and the only thing I don't like about The Mandalorian is that I have to wait each week for a new episode. Excellent series so far.

#39 Retroxcellence   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1716 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Retroxcellence

Posted 23 November 2019 - 01:22 PM

Didn't Gamestop start the black friday B2G1 sale early for pro members a few years ago? That would be nice to have again this Tuesday or Wednesday

#40 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   13114 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2019 - 03:05 PM

I like that Gamestop actually added a lot of niche/smaller games to their BF ad.  I may actually buy a few things from them this year now.

#41 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4454 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2019 - 03:56 PM

I've heard a rumor that their will be early access this weekend for Pro members?
Can anyone confirm or deny?

#42 Darklurkr23   Contest Win' Machine CAGiversary!   1928 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Darklurkr23

Posted 23 November 2019 - 04:02 PM

I have a Gamestop in the mall next to my best buy. Will they match price the 40 dollar add from black friday?  I have a 40 bucks eleft gift card iw ant to use it this season before gamestop goes bankrupt.

Also the picture inthe add shows the black/blue combat thingy but on site it says 65.99 I'd bitch the hell like tha tin store for a price match.  That's false advertsting. It should say "black controlelrs 40, all others variable)

#43 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 23 November 2019 - 05:22 PM

I'm just hesitant to shop here because of all the articles about them possibly going bankrupt. I wouldn't want to buy a console from here, and then not be able to return it down the line, because it has problems.

Theyre not going anywhere any time soon. Not every store is TRU

#44 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 23 November 2019 - 05:22 PM

Didn't Gamestop start the black friday B2G1 sale early for pro members a few years ago? That would be nice to have again this Tuesday or Wednesday

Traditionally starts on Wednesday but who knows with all the changes theyre making

#45 SteevL   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   40 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2019 - 05:36 PM

Does anyone know how soon after purchase those $25 gift coupons are issued? I'm planning on getting my Switch from there and it'd be nice to use my remaining gift card balance + that gift coupon towards Breath of the Wild and an SD card a day later, but obviously a lot of things need to fall into place for that to happen.

#46 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   3515 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2019 - 05:40 PM

Does anyone know how soon after purchase those $25 gift coupons are issued? I'm planning on getting my Switch from there and it'd be nice to use my remaining gift card balance + that gift coupon towards Breath of the Wild and an SD card a day later, but obviously a lot of things need to fall into place for that to happen.

I mean, it does show the fine print in the ad. You'll be able to redeem it one day after it is issued. Whether it is issued at the time of purchase is a different question.

#47 Chainsaw_charlie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   521 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Chainsaw_charlie

Posted 23 November 2019 - 10:20 PM

Hmm what to use my $50+ trade credit on eyeing Concrete Genie, Man of Medan, Indivisible and Yakuza Kawami 2

#48 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   1389 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 23 November 2019 - 10:39 PM

I’m just hoping the early BF deals go live online later. I won’t be able to make it to my home store first thing tomorrow morning. I really want to grab the PS4 1TB right away and be done.

#49 bigstew  

Posted 23 November 2019 - 10:53 PM

Hmm what to use my $50+ trade credit on eyeing Concrete Genie, Man of Medan, Indivisible and Yakuza Kawami 2

u should avoid concrete genie, rented that out of curoisity for a decent vr game, u can easily tell the wokeness from sony on that game, visually ok but its a glorified cheap painter type game, not worth the buy

#50 Gden   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3215 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2019 - 10:55 PM

Well I was holding out for the switch version of Indivisible, but I'll buy it at 20 on ps4

#51 bonesawisready   YES! YES! YES! Banned   1860 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

bonesawisready

Posted 24 November 2019 - 12:01 AM

u should avoid concrete genie, rented that out of curoisity for a decent vr game, u can easily tell the wokeness from sony on that game, visually ok but its a glorified cheap painter type game, not worth the buy

The “wokeness” wtf? Is that bad? It’s a game aimed at kids about how bullying is bad.

It’s a fun 4-5 hour game. Pacing late game could be better but it’s a good base for a sequel

#52 DANIEL   DANNY FAKnTASTIC CAGiversary!   1351 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2019 - 12:07 AM

what are the chances that *new* games will actually be sealed games if  purchased in store during black friday? :pray:

just 10% chance?

#53 Retroxcellence   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1716 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Retroxcellence

Posted 24 November 2019 - 12:13 AM

what are the chances that *new* games will actually be sealed games if  purchased in store during black friday? :pray:
just 10% chance?

I would go with 50% , they probably got one extra game to supplement their display copy

#54 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   2580 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2019 - 12:21 AM

just 10% chance?

Depends on the title.  Looking for Pokemon Sword, RDR2 or a $10 playstation hits?  They'll have lots of additional sealed copies.

But most of the things I'd want.. for instance, AI: Somnium Files.  Less than 10% chance it hasn't been gutted.

#55 coolrust   Kupalizm Mode CAGiversary!   1003 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

coolrust

Posted 24 November 2019 - 12:26 AM

I’m just hoping the early BF deals go live online later. I won’t be able to make it to my home store first thing tomorrow morning. I really want to grab the PS4 1TB right away and be done.

it should be the same price tomorrow according to gs sneak peek ad

#56 WigBuster   Banned Banned   296 Posts   Joined 0.6 Years Ago  

WigBuster

Posted 24 November 2019 - 12:48 AM

what are the chances that *new* games will actually be sealed games if purchased in store during black friday? :pray:
just 10% chance?

Probably 0%. If stores have 50 copies of God of War for example I hear they open every one them just to screw with people....

God some people just ask the dumbest questions.

#57 inkcil   Banception...Baseball Ban in a Best Buy CAGiversary!   1444 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2019 - 01:36 AM

I'm hoping out of nowhere a good trade in bonus happens...even if it's just for one day.

#58 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   1389 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 24 November 2019 - 01:48 AM

it should be the same price tomorrow according to gs sneak peek ad

It will be thankfully. Just hoping the Early BF ad deals start at 12:01am online tonight.

#59 ritchardf  

Posted 24 November 2019 - 02:36 AM

Probably 0%. If stores have 50 copies of God of War for example I hear they open every one them just to screw with people....

God some people just ask the dumbest questions.

i know exactly what you mean, like how some people just make pointless, hateful comments that clog the thread.

#60 SideQuestsSuck  

SideQuestsSuck

Posted 24 November 2019 - 02:56 AM

Does anyone know which PS3 model is the one that's $59.99? OG or slim/super-slim? GB?