* * * * * 2 votes

Gamestop Black Friday 2019 Ad Deals

#31 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14560 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2019 - 04:45 AM

What’s the maximum amount of hold requests you can put in at one store at a time?

#32 Omni99  

Posted 23 November 2019 - 04:51 AM

I'm just hesitant to shop here because of all the articles about them possibly going bankrupt. I wouldn't want to buy a console from here, and then not be able to return it down the line, because it has problems.

They're not going away THAT soon. Your return window will close long before they go out of business.

#33 Zantra  

Posted 23 November 2019 - 05:06 AM

They're not going away THAT soon. Your return window will close long before they go out of business.

The price of the VITA is pretty tempting, as a used VITA can sell for over $200 on Amazon, but I still don't want to risk it. Especially since the store in my town closed a few months ago, along with sixth other stores nearby.

#34 abbabaab   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   2005 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2019 - 06:12 AM

Looking closer at the ad, turns out that the Sega Genesis Mini is going on sale starting Sunday. Seeing as that's the only thing I really want from out of this ad, I guess I'll be done with them early.

#35 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12899 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2019 - 07:11 AM

In for Indivisible, Bloodstained, and probably the 128GB SD card.

Is anyone putting :ps4: Crash Team Racing on sale?

I’d be surprised if Target only had the switch version on sale

Crash Team Racing for PS4 will be $15 at Target.  When you click on the detail of the $15 games in the actual ad on the Target site, it shows that the Switch/PS4/XB1 versions will each be $15.

#36 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14666 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2019 - 07:32 AM

Not even a mention of Anthem for $5, that's Savage.

Releasing an incomplete game and knowing damn well what they did is savage.

Also, Mandalorian is savage AF. That is all.

#37 Zantra  

Posted 23 November 2019 - 08:33 AM

Releasing an incomplete game and knowing damn well what they did is savage.

Also, Mandalorian is savage AF. That is all.

Oh, I know. Bioware messed up big time. And, forcing people to pay for online to play single player is pretty stupid.

#38 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4361 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2019 - 08:36 AM

Thanks For posting!

#39 JohnnySako   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   569 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

JohnnySako

Posted 23 November 2019 - 11:40 AM

Thanks for posting! I'll be picking up Metal Wolf Chaos for me and WRC 8 for my son.

...and the only thing I don't like about The Mandalorian is that I have to wait each week for a new episode. Excellent series so far.

#40 Retroxcellence   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1537 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Retroxcellence

Posted 23 November 2019 - 01:22 PM

Didn't Gamestop start the black friday B2G1 sale early for pro members a few years ago? That would be nice to have again this Tuesday or Wednesday

#41 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12899 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2019 - 03:05 PM

I like that Gamestop actually added a lot of niche/smaller games to their BF ad.  I may actually buy a few things from them this year now.

#42 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4437 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2019 - 03:56 PM

I've heard a rumor that their will be early access this weekend for Pro members?
Can anyone confirm or deny?

#43 Darklurkr23   Contest Win' Machine CAGiversary!   1925 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Darklurkr23

Posted 23 November 2019 - 04:02 PM

I have a Gamestop in the mall next to my best buy. Will they match price the 40 dollar add from black friday?  I have a 40 bucks eleft gift card iw ant to use it this season before gamestop goes bankrupt.

Also the picture inthe add shows the black/blue combat thingy but on site it says 65.99 I'd bitch the hell like tha tin store for a price match.  That's false advertsting. It should say "black controlelrs 40, all others variable)

#44 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 23 November 2019 - 05:22 PM

I'm just hesitant to shop here because of all the articles about them possibly going bankrupt. I wouldn't want to buy a console from here, and then not be able to return it down the line, because it has problems.

Theyre not going anywhere any time soon. Not every store is TRU

#45 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 23 November 2019 - 05:22 PM

Didn't Gamestop start the black friday B2G1 sale early for pro members a few years ago? That would be nice to have again this Tuesday or Wednesday

Traditionally starts on Wednesday but who knows with all the changes theyre making

#46 SteevL   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   40 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2019 - 05:36 PM

Does anyone know how soon after purchase those $25 gift coupons are issued? I'm planning on getting my Switch from there and it'd be nice to use my remaining gift card balance + that gift coupon towards Breath of the Wild and an SD card a day later, but obviously a lot of things need to fall into place for that to happen.

#47 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   3072 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2019 - 05:40 PM

Does anyone know how soon after purchase those $25 gift coupons are issued? I'm planning on getting my Switch from there and it'd be nice to use my remaining gift card balance + that gift coupon towards Breath of the Wild and an SD card a day later, but obviously a lot of things need to fall into place for that to happen.

I mean, it does show the fine print in the ad. You'll be able to redeem it one day after it is issued. Whether it is issued at the time of purchase is a different question.

#48 Chainsaw_charlie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   479 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Chainsaw_charlie

Posted 23 November 2019 - 10:20 PM

Hmm what to use my $50+ trade credit on eyeing Concrete Genie, Man of Medan, Indivisible and Yakuza Kawami 2

#49 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   1237 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 23 November 2019 - 10:39 PM

I’m just hoping the early BF deals go live online later. I won’t be able to make it to my home store first thing tomorrow morning. I really want to grab the PS4 1TB right away and be done.

#50 bigstew  

Posted 23 November 2019 - 10:53 PM

Hmm what to use my $50+ trade credit on eyeing Concrete Genie, Man of Medan, Indivisible and Yakuza Kawami 2

u should avoid concrete genie, rented that out of curoisity for a decent vr game, u can easily tell the wokeness from sony on that game, visually ok but its a glorified cheap painter type game, not worth the buy

#51 Gden   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3159 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2019 - 10:55 PM

Well I was holding out for the switch version of Indivisible, but I'll buy it at 20 on ps4

#52 bonesawisready   YES! YES! YES! CAGiversary!   1738 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

bonesawisready

Posted 24 November 2019 - 12:01 AM

u should avoid concrete genie, rented that out of curoisity for a decent vr game, u can easily tell the wokeness from sony on that game, visually ok but its a glorified cheap painter type game, not worth the buy

The “wokeness” wtf? Is that bad? It’s a game aimed at kids about how bullying is bad.

It’s a fun 4-5 hour game. Pacing late game could be better but it’s a good base for a sequel

#53 DANIEL   DANNY FAKnTASTIC CAGiversary!   1324 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2019 - 12:07 AM

what are the chances that *new* games will actually be sealed games if  purchased in store during black friday? :pray:

just 10% chance?

#54 Retroxcellence   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1537 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Retroxcellence

Posted 24 November 2019 - 12:13 AM

what are the chances that *new* games will actually be sealed games if  purchased in store during black friday? :pray:
just 10% chance?

I would go with 50% , they probably got one extra game to supplement their display copy

#55 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   2049 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2019 - 12:21 AM

just 10% chance?

Depends on the title.  Looking for Pokemon Sword, RDR2 or a $10 playstation hits?  They'll have lots of additional sealed copies.

But most of the things I'd want.. for instance, AI: Somnium Files.  Less than 10% chance it hasn't been gutted.

#56 coolrust   Kupalizm Mode CAGiversary!   935 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

coolrust

Posted 24 November 2019 - 12:26 AM

I’m just hoping the early BF deals go live online later. I won’t be able to make it to my home store first thing tomorrow morning. I really want to grab the PS4 1TB right away and be done.

it should be the same price tomorrow according to gs sneak peek ad

#57 WigBuster  

WigBuster

Posted 24 November 2019 - 12:48 AM

what are the chances that *new* games will actually be sealed games if purchased in store during black friday? :pray:
just 10% chance?

Probably 0%. If stores have 50 copies of God of War for example I hear they open every one them just to screw with people....

God some people just ask the dumbest questions.

#58 inkcil   Banception...Baseball Ban in a Best Buy CAGiversary!   1328 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2019 - 01:36 AM

I'm hoping out of nowhere a good trade in bonus happens...even if it's just for one day.

#59 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   1237 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 24 November 2019 - 01:48 AM

it should be the same price tomorrow according to gs sneak peek ad

It will be thankfully. Just hoping the Early BF ad deals start at 12:01am online tonight.

#60 ritchardf  

Posted 24 November 2019 - 02:36 AM

Probably 0%. If stores have 50 copies of God of War for example I hear they open every one them just to screw with people....

God some people just ask the dumbest questions.

i know exactly what you mean, like how some people just make pointless, hateful comments that clog the thread.