* * * * * 2 votes

Gamestop Black Friday 2019 Ad Deals

#241 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14560 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2019 - 06:59 PM

No. All of them are still in stock
I originally placed like 8 orders and so far 3 have been canceled. I placed 6 more orders and 4 of those were canceled. Money was taken out of my debit card so I’m really not sure why. Another reason why lamestop is going out of business

According to GS Reddit some stores are refusing the ship from store orders being sent to them to “service guests in the store first.” Would that be the issue?

#242 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14560 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2019 - 07:08 PM

I'm not sure if you're responding to me but your comment is kind of silly. Almost every single game that is sold there at any one time can be found cheaper elsewhere used and their new prices are often beat as well now, even when they're on sale. They don't have anything you can't get elsewhere, so it's silly for you to assume people "need" them for anything. It's also even worse for you to assume that just because somebody is "bashing" an overpriced store that obviously doesn't care about their customers or employees that somehow means they're just constant complainers.

Yes Gamestop has a few good deals every now and then. And if you're a member AND they have a certain trade in special going on you can SOMETIMES twist it to the point you make a little more off trade ins than you can on Ebay/here, but that's about it. Unless you're super into overpriced, cheaply made merchandise or POP toys (which also can often be found cheaper elsewhere.) Walmart has them beaten on almost all new game prices now and Amazon/this site/Ebay almost always beat them for used prices. So unless you desperately need a game THAT day, it's almost always the worst deal. Please tell me how this makes me or others some kind of constant complainer, rather than just calling it like I see it. Also please tell me what they do or have on a regular basis that can't be found elsewhere or any other merits you think we're all missing.

I just noticed the commenter above me talking about not wanting to buy from GS because of their silly policy of selling open games as new that no other retailer could do with any other item and expect to get away with it. I've seen people like you retort saying they're stupid for caring that the game is open. What most of you don't know is they did this for years while letting employees take the games home to play, bringing them back to the store within a week and re-selling them as new. I'm sure this isn't "technically" allowed there anymore but it could easily be done and with the high mark ups they have on most new games, consumers deserve to know for sure it's new.

So again, please tell me the merit of a store that almost always worse prices used or new than ebay/Amazon/CAG/Walmart (not counting the 2 weeks a year they actually have good sale pricing,) sells you open items as new, treats their employees like crap, gives awful trade in values 99% of the year and up-sells you like crazy on your way out. And again I outlined the few decent things about them as well because I don't just go around looking for things to complain about. Why don't you blind Gamestop defenders go pay $25 for Bully or $30 for Fight Night Champion used and then tell me how much I need them?

Fight Night Champion physical is $35 shipped from Amazon right now so $27/$30 plus tax is a better deal.

#243 rpgaymer  

rpgaymer

Posted 29 November 2019 - 07:48 PM

Willard the movie: the game?

Actually, kind of sort of. It's Willard in Dark Ages France.

#244 jdawgg76   RIP Stan the Man CAGiversary!   4996 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2019 - 04:33 AM

Thinking of getting Uncharted Lost Legacy and GT Sport used with a 3rd game, maybe Sega Genesis Classics.  Anyone know if any of those games had a DLC code that I would lose out on not getting it new?

#245 JJSP   Not Broke, Just Bent CAGiversary!   10070 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2019 - 05:04 AM

Ended up getting Dragon’s Crown, Tearaway, Gravity Rush, and Muramasa Rebirth for Vita with the B1G1. I’m expecting cart only, but fingers crossed.

#246 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14560 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2019 - 05:24 AM

Thinking of getting Uncharted Lost Legacy and GT Sport used with a 3rd game, maybe Sega Genesis Classics. Anyone know if any of those games had a DLC code that I would lose out on not getting it new?

Lost Legacy i think had a code for a small amount of currency for the MP & Sega Genesis Classics had a poster I believe.

#247 AltererSyl  

AltererSyl

Posted 02 December 2019 - 08:30 PM

Just received everything from my b2g1 order and all of them are just loose carts. Back they go, I guess.

#248 spamfree2   cheap but tasteful ;P CAGiversary!   1360 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2019 - 10:36 PM

So how do I get this B1G1 on retro to work in my favor online order?  I put two 14.99 games and it works fine.  i add 2 x 19.99 games and suddenly the 14.99 games are free.  How do I get it to pair up,  14.99 + (14.99) free and 19.99 and  (19.99) free?  I must be stupid or something.

#249 DesertLeo   DontReadThis. CAGiversary!   2145 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2019 - 10:39 PM

Nope. It'll always take the cheaper options off first.

#250 spamfree2   cheap but tasteful ;P CAGiversary!   1360 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2019 - 10:50 PM

Thanks, I figured that was the way it worked.  I guess you have to have different orders but then they charge you shipping.   I don't get it though.  The in-store purchases work right.

#251 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22942 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2019 - 01:17 AM

Just received everything from my b2g1 order and all of them are just loose carts. Back they go, I guess.

Yeah, got the 2nd batch of my stuff and all of them are carts except 2x Vita games with cases, both of which are water damaged. So... so far, I got 3x Vita games with water-damaged cases.:-/ One more batch left... not sure if I'm gonna bother opening it. 

Thanks, I figured that was the way it worked.  I guess you have to have different orders but then they charge you shipping.   I don't get it though.  The in-store purchases work right.

There was a time when these would structure to be the most favorable to you but those days are gone.. 

#252 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3299 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 03 December 2019 - 01:39 AM

Only one game wasn't complete on my end. But I know it's in stock complete near me, so I'll just ask for the case there.

#253 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2722 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 03 December 2019 - 03:28 AM

Generally, you're highly unlikely to get anything other than loose carts for retro games. Almost evert Gamestop throws those boxes and inserts out even when they do get them as part of the trade.

#254 AltererSyl  

AltererSyl

Posted 03 December 2019 - 09:28 AM

Generally, you're highly unlikely to get anything other than loose carts for retro games. Almost evert Gamestop throws those boxes and inserts out even when they do get them as part of the trade.

I got nothing retro. Two 3ds and a switch game.

#255 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 03 December 2019 - 11:12 AM

Almost got everything just waiting on “walking dead definitive” but got 3 generic cases surprisingly for madden and modern warfare. I’ll try my luck getting them exchanged for ones with artwork instore. Hope they don’t think I’m weird

Also the receipts throw me off since the prices are higher but I should be charged whatever the total was on confirmation email right

#256 DemonsMaster   Jrpg Addicts Anonymous CAGiversary!   1676 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

DemonsMaster

Posted 03 December 2019 - 12:45 PM

Almost got everything just waiting on “walking dead definitive” but got 3 generic cases surprisingly for madden and modern warfare. I’ll try my luck getting them exchanged for ones with artwork instore. Hope they don’t think I’m weird

Also the receipts throw me off since the prices are higher but I should be charged whatever the total was on confirmation email right

Ive traded the used generic cases for actual cases countless times. As long as you have the receipt you're golden

#257 Gamwhiz  

Posted 03 December 2019 - 05:11 PM

Ive traded the used generic cases for actual cases countless times. As long as you have the receipt you're golden

Yeah they basically never give guff asking for a case. If they do, you can also just buy the game, take the case, then return it next-day to any location, sans case, since they don't consider the case part of the game; hits their metrics, but useful in a pinch. I tend to keep a few of those gamestop sleeves at home so I can swap the UPC sticker from case to sleeve along with the CD; makes return go a bit faster since they don't have to manually enter it. Been preemptively grabbing up some vita cases this way since they're just about completely phased out of my area too.

As for the receipt: You're charged whatever price was shown on ordering to whatever card/account you paid with - just check your statement. The receipts are always screwed up, as they spread discounts around haphazardly between things and don't always account for the full order; reason for this is the multiple shipments get fulfilled separately, and the packing slips only account for their part of an order, without listing the rest of it.

This results in weird things like a B2G1 having three receipts - one with a free game, one with a game marked down from $24.99 to $20.99 (even though CAG16 brought it down to $18.99 when you were charged), and one with a $24.99 game inexplicably listed as full price or something.

Spoiler

#258 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 03 December 2019 - 11:09 PM

I just checked inventory of stores near me and they don’t have any in stock. Thinkin if I should just wait for people to start trading some in then I’ll come in to exchange. I just don’t know how long the return period is for used games this holiday

#259 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22942 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2019 - 02:08 AM

Rest of my Vita games came in, all cart only. Bah. 

Rest of my NS games arrived as well, 2 with cases, 1 cart only. 

#260 Jhingles  

Posted 04 December 2019 - 02:43 AM

This actually makes returns weird, too.

I've had this happen several times and despite trying to do the right thing and explain the return, I've been told they can only use the values on the receipts no matter what you paid for it to 'prevent fraud'. Makes no sense when looking at the big picture.

#261 raiin   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   61 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2019 - 04:15 AM

did anyone receive a gutted copy of TLOU Remastered bought as new online? i think they literally just took off the shrinkwrap to put an ad sticker for TLOU part II on the case, this is so stupid. thought i was done getting gutted copies since i stopped buying instore

#262 bigbadboaz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   311 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

bigbadboaz

Posted 04 December 2019 - 04:35 AM

Yeah, nope - you're at the mercy of whatever they ship around their distribution network.

Stop patronizing this disaster of a store

#263 Kurosaki-san   Steelbook Collector CAGiversary!   1270 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Kurosaki-san

Posted 04 December 2019 - 06:47 AM

I ordered 40+ games during blk Friday, got most of them in already. FireEmblem Warriors came factory sealed and was from the collector edition, I guess it got converted to used.  Vita games was cart only, as expected. However my copy of ghostbuster remastered came in the right case but had the wrong GB game smh. Overall happy with the deals I got, B2G1 free with elite and cag16 on top of sale prices = lovely. Glad I came into this thread, didn't know the 4 for 10/20 was going on. Gonna stop by tomorrow.