* * * * - 6 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: AC: Odyssey, A Plague Tale, Puyo Puyo Champions, more | Square Enix | GwG: Shantae: HGH, Batman: TEW; Sonic Gen

#4591 MrRidickulous   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   2006 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

MrRidickulous

Posted 05 April 2020 - 01:49 PM

Looking at getting a new tv some time soon as I want a 4k tv and my current tv has a green vertical line about 2 cm near bottom of screen.
So I hear it is best to get a tv that has HDR and I hear some TVs having HDR 10. So if a tv just says HDR then it would not be HDR 10 right? Is there much difference between having HDR or HDR 10?

Just get yourself a tcl series 6.

#4592 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2928 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 05 April 2020 - 01:51 PM

Martyr is really damn fun. Thanks to whom ever recommended it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4593 darthbster31   Herpaderp CAGiversary!   222 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

darthbster31

Posted 05 April 2020 - 01:52 PM

Yeah, go to ratings.com for sure. I used them to research 4k back when I bought one. I grabbed a TCL P series and I've been happy with my purchase. For budget tvs, they really do give you great bang for the buck.

#4594 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   3027 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 05 April 2020 - 03:42 PM

Is it best to get a tv with HDR 10 for Xbox One X?
There was a tv I was looking at that just says HDR.

Technically the Xbox One S / X requires HDR10 for games. My old TV was HDR8 and a few games picked up on it but not consistently. My new set with HDR10 definitely has better color depth and value for games (it's also a lot bigger so that helps too). 

Cheaper TVs (sub-$500) seem to do well with gaming and HDR, but aren't as good for movies, especially for dark scenes and gray / black values. Still mostly looks great, but for example, watching a movie like The Dark Knight, daytime scenes look incredible and scenes where there's a lot of dark struggle to show the same variation and depth of scale. 

#4595 xbox_man   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   878 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2020 - 06:00 PM

Just get yourself a tcl series 6.

The TV I was looking at is basically a TCL TV under a different name. I am in Australia, so I might not have the exact same TVs that America would have.

Technically the Xbox One S / X requires HDR10 for games. My old TV was HDR8 and a few games picked up on it but not consistently. My new set with HDR10 definitely has better color depth and value for games (it's also a lot bigger so that helps too). 

Cheaper TVs (sub-$500) seem to do well with gaming and HDR, but aren't as good for movies, especially for dark scenes and gray / black values. Still mostly looks great, but for example, watching a movie like The Dark Knight, daytime scenes look incredible and scenes where there's a lot of dark struggle to show the same variation and depth of scale. 

Just found out that this TV is a HDR 10.

#4596 Gideon68   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2694 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2020 - 07:13 PM

April MS Rewards Quest for 500 pts is live on-line. Same as last month.

#4597 .Beowulf  

Posted 05 April 2020 - 08:34 PM

April MS Rewards Quest for 500 pts is live on-line. Same as last month.

it's also appearing on new accounts anecdotally

i've always got them and my nephew's account never has but did this month

so some new folks might get to join in on the fun

#4598 jrc84  

Posted 05 April 2020 - 08:48 PM

Decided on my Microsoft Spring Sale games and went with:

Witcher 2
FC3 Blood Dragon
Ori & TBF
ABZU

Been sinking most if my game time into Witcher 3 right now so I think that will be it for me for this sale. I try to stick to my wishlist and not go over $10 for a game unless I am going to play it right away to keep my backlog reasonable.

#4599 LoganDX   Five by Five, B CAGiversary!   1855 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2020 - 09:39 PM

If my health wasn't as poor, I'd use that stimulus check and move my wife as far away from these people as possible. Five people who mind you haven't expressed their condolences, have made a stink to her about their exclusion from the obituary! She can't can't even grieve

Told her I am buying her a new phone for sure (she's attached) but thinking about surprising her with a laptop for work that can play Sims 4. I know it's not Xbox but would integrated chipset be a bad idea?

#4600 Gideon68   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2694 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2020 - 10:03 PM

The easiest achievement to unlock for Operation 3 in Gears 5 is "In The Name Of..."

All you need to do is go to the store (menu button) and craft the Cole, Clayton and Queen Myrrah totems for 100 scraps each.

You don't have to unlock the characters as some guides suggest, just craft 3 new character totems.

I didn't have this option, prob because I've only played the game to get the MS points in the past. I'm still on Gears 2.

For those that haven't played the game much, another easy achievement for the 500 pts is the "Buying Time" achievement.

From the menu choose Escape > Custom > Host Private > Barracks >>>> When you have control, go through the first door on the right, and then look for a control panel which should also be on the right with a green light and a switch. Hit the switch with "X" and the cheevo should pop after a few seconds.

#4601 HektiK   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   303 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2020 - 11:05 PM

If my health wasn't as poor, I'd use that stimulus check and move my wife as far away from these people as possible. Five people who mind you haven't expressed their condolences, have made a stink to her about their exclusion from the obituary! She can't can't even grieve

Told her I am buying her a new phone for sure (she's attached) but thinking about surprising her with a laptop for work that can play Sims 4. I know it's not Xbox but would integrated chipset be a bad idea?

Not sure of your budget but you might look for a laptop with a Gtx 1050 or 1650 instead of integrated graphics. Should have decent specs and price at that level and run it maybe not at high but medium quality at a good frame rate.

#4602 darthfracas   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1064 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

darthfracas

Posted 05 April 2020 - 11:34 PM

Does anyone here have recommendations on mesh WiFi systems? We’re moving into our new house tomorrow and it looks like I’m going to need to get a good system. We’ve got a total of three floors, so I need to get though each floor.

#4603 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3668 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2020 - 11:49 PM

Does anyone here have recommendations on mesh WiFi systems? We’re moving into our new house tomorrow and it looks like I’m going to need to get a good system. We’ve got a total of three floors, so I need to get though each floor.

I just went through this.  I moved into a rental house and was having wifi problems and couldn't pay someone to run network cables which would be the best option.  Tried a few different ones that got good reviews.  After beating my head against a wall with various options, I settled on Google Nest Wifi and have been extremely pleased so far.

My price point was low to mid range.  I'm sure you could spend a lot more and get a lot better results, but I needed something simple and reliable - especially after the previous problems - and Google is exactly that for me.  Also, for what it's worth, my Eero and Velop attempts were faster wifi, just unreliable.

I wa

#4604 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7800 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2020 - 12:11 AM

Been trying to knock out the Game Pass quest to kill 50 enemies with barrel explosions, and man, this game is tedious when you try to play it that way.  The fights are pretty boss when you encounter hordes of enemies, but the backtracking is a pain in the ass.  Great graphics though.

#4605 Echotech83   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   845 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Echotech83

Posted 06 April 2020 - 12:24 AM

Been trying to knock out the Game Pass quest to kill 50 enemies with barrel explosions, and man, this game is tedious when you try to play it that way.  The fights are pretty boss when you encounter hordes of enemies, but the backtracking is a pain in the ass.  Great graphics though.

I saw a fellow CAG mention a while back that it’s easier to go to the snap map feature and do a search for barrels. Apparently people have made levels just to blow up lots of enemies with barrels. Should hopefully make it easier.

#4606 captbrannigan  

captbrannigan

Posted 06 April 2020 - 12:36 AM

I saw a fellow CAG mention a while back that it’s easier to go to the snap map feature and do a search for barrels. Apparently people have made levels just to blow up lots of enemies with barrels. Should hopefully make it easier.

That's what I did. The map I used was titled "Barrels of Fun" like the quest and was a small circular arena filled with imps and barrels. I had to play it twice to get to 50 kills. There's probably a better one out there, but that one was fairly quick and easy.

#4607 RiPPn  

Posted 06 April 2020 - 12:54 AM

I've set up Google Wifi (not nest version) in my parents house and it has been stable with incredible range.  My only thing is it doesn't support wifi 6.  Netgear released an affordable wifi 6 mesh system, NETGEAR Nighthawk MK62.  Though I don't have experience with this unit, I would probably go with it over the older tech.

The Netgear Orbi Wifi 6 is the best mesh system on the market due to it having a dedicated channel for moving data between the units, but its msrp is $700 for the 2 unit version which makes it tough to recommend.

#4608 DMCA18   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   163 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2020 - 01:02 AM

We have an orbi system in our house. They are on sale from costco semi-regularly if you have a membership.

#4609 Firefox59   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   242 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Firefox59

Posted 06 April 2020 - 01:27 AM

Martyr is really damn fun. Thanks to whom ever recommended it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*thumbs up* Awesome man. I love almost any top-down action RPG I can get my hands on. Victor Vran and the 3rd Van Helsing game have been GWG in the past if you wanted to try those too. And of course Diablo if you haven't already.

#4610 KurishunaMaradi   You seem familiar, did I annoy you before? CAGiversary!   4323 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

KurishunaMaradi

Posted 06 April 2020 - 01:40 AM

I finally found toilet paper. 

PIP - Poop In Peace.

#4611 now1   Banned Banned   200 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2020 - 01:52 AM

I dodged a bullet, I not going to be a father, but who knows when this stay at home will last, I need protection fast.

#4612 blueArcana   Congratulations CAGiversary!   1091 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

blueArcana

Posted 06 April 2020 - 02:30 AM

I dodged a bullet, I not going to be a father, but who knows when this stay at home will last, I need protection fast.

SmartDecimalGoose-max-1mb.gif

#4613 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10788 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted 06 April 2020 - 02:40 AM

Decided to try Totally Reliable Delivery Service for some easy achievements. Jesus that game is rough. The controls are just plain stupid and and the physics are horrible. Not even sure I can deal with it for the achievements.

#4614 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9807 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2020 - 02:52 AM

Decided to try Totally Reliable Delivery Service for some easy achievements. Jesus that game is rough. The controls are just plain stupid and and the physics are horrible. Not even sure I can deal with it for the achievements.

I think the controls and physics are the way they are on purpose. It’s one of those weird games like Surgeon Simulator and I am Bread. Not my kind of game either.

#4615 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   4197 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2020 - 03:01 AM

My kids (8, 5 and 3) told me they tried it this morning and loved it. You might just not be the right audience for it.

#4616 chriscolbert   Everything right is wrong again CAGiversary!   3454 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

chriscolbert

Posted 06 April 2020 - 03:07 AM

Is Dangerous Golf worth the extra $4+ to get the four game bundle vs the three game racing one? As a Burnout lover I know I want the three racing games.

#4617 MrRidickulous   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   2006 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

MrRidickulous

Posted 06 April 2020 - 03:17 AM

What are you going to get her? Isn’t sims 4 on the Xbox or does she need to use it at work?

#4618 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10788 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted 06 April 2020 - 03:23 AM

I think the controls and physics are the way they are on purpose. It’s one of those weird games like Surgeon Simulator and I am Bread. Not my kind of game either.

My kids (8, 5 and 3) told me they tried it this morning and loved it. You might just not be the right audience for it.

That sounds about right.

#4619 2ndopp   CAG Assassin CAGiversary!   442 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2020 - 03:48 AM

Looks like Saints Row: The Third Remastered and Mafia II Remastered will be coming to current gen systems soon. Might grab Mafia II in a future sale since the $20 in DLC for the 360 version never goes on sale.

https://www.playstat...-edition-outed/

#4620 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11109 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 06 April 2020 - 03:52 AM

SmartDecimalGoose-max-1mb.gif

I HAVE A STRUCTURED SETTLEMENT AND I NEED CASH NOW.

CALL JG WENTWORTH.

EDIT - Yes I did go to YT and watch this commercial after this, if you must know...