* * * * - 8 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: AC: Odyssey, A Plague Tale, Puyo Puyo Champions, more | Square Enix | GwG: Shantae: HGH, Batman: TEW; Sonic Gen

#9421 EndOfGreen  

EndOfGreen

Posted 11 July 2020 - 09:48 AM

I thought Far Cry 5 was by far the best in the series and had the greatest characters, story, and location by a mile. Wasn't even close to the previous games.

However, New Dawn is one of the worst games I've played this generation, so I have no clue what direction FC6 is going in. Hopefully it's similar to 5. Couldn't tell you a single positive thing about New Dawn. Saw someone say they liked how New Dawn gave you the option to redo the outposts on higher difficulties for more rewards. I found that absolutely horrible.

I hope them ending production for current xbox systems (if actually true) means a price drop soon. Would love to pick up an X1X for $200 or less to keep around as a backup to my S and eventually the Series X.

#9422 bhk   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   941 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2020 - 10:45 AM

Does the far cry game have a number after it? It’s decent.

Is there no number? Pass. Except blood dragon.

Even then I think the title was Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

#9423 hauz20   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1168 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2020 - 11:59 AM

Interesting casting choice for what I presume is Vaas' father, given that the actor is in Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul while FC3's Vaas' actor is also in Better Call Saul.
I wonder if he talked positively about his FC3 experience to his costar and that's why Giancarlo was interested.

I'm guessing getting paid is what really interested Esposito.

#9424 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9880 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2020 - 01:32 PM

Think there’s only one more season of BCS so, yeah, probably looking for work now...

Long live the Chicken Man!

#9425 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   11685 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 11 July 2020 - 04:02 PM

The only far cry game I completed was blood dragon.

#9426 Chuck Stank   People are fucking stupid. CAGiversary!   1093 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Chuck Stank

Posted 11 July 2020 - 04:17 PM

Don't even get Primal. It was the worst of all of them.

Completely disagree. Was one of my favorites. It dared to do something different and it worked.

#9427 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   4290 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 11 July 2020 - 04:21 PM

Completely disagree. Was one of my favorites. It dared to do something different and it worked.

I respect your opinion, but I missed actual guns/modern weapons of the series. But I understand its primal, thus the bows and such.

#9428 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9073 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 11 July 2020 - 05:45 PM

I'm guessing getting paid is what really interested Esposito.

Yeah, but obviously he has his pick of stuff to work on. I just don't think it's that much of a stretch that his co-star Michael Mando might have something to do with him considering it.

#9429 Turbine  

Posted 11 July 2020 - 06:41 PM

Is the convert Gold to Ultimate for $1 promo still available? Retired from gaming when Ultimate dropped, let my subscription expire and never resuscribed. Now I'm thinking about getting a console, and this would probably be a dealbreaker. Thanks in advance. 

#9430 Strider Turbulence EX  

Strider Turbulence EX

Posted 11 July 2020 - 06:59 PM

Is the convert Gold to Ultimate for $1 promo still available? Retired from gaming when Ultimate dropped, let my subscription expire and never resuscribed. Now I'm thinking about getting a console, and this would probably be a dealbreaker. Thanks in advance. 

It should still be available, I got the conversion message a few weeks ago when entering new codes.

Also your gamerpic is GOD TIER

#9431 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7897 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2020 - 07:52 PM

Streets of Rage 4 is legit.  But I just got my third achievement in 24 hours, and I still can't get the 50 points to pop on the Rewards app.  :bomb:

#9432 RiPPn  

Posted 11 July 2020 - 08:11 PM

Streets of Rage 4 is legit.  But I just got my third achievement in 24 hours, and I still can't get the 50 points to pop on the Rewards app.  :bomb:

It can be finnicky, just go to the dash and close the reward app then relaunch it, that'll trigger it sometimes.

#9433 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7897 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2020 - 08:14 PM

It can be finnicky, just go to the dash and close the reward app then relaunch it, that'll trigger it sometimes.

I turned the system off for an hour.  Then, it popped when I turned it back on.  A minor annoyance.  I find myself playing games for shorter stints nowadays to make sure that I can get one achievement to pop per day.  So, it's a pain when it won't.  But I play a lot less because of it.

#9434 Burning Karma   A tempest must be just that CAGiversary!   962 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Burning Karma

Posted 11 July 2020 - 08:30 PM

yeah they are nerfing it again, I mean "improving it". I mostly blame all you hoarders for the next Xbox.

https://www.reddit.c..._rewards_trial/

Thanks. I guess I have the tile on my Rewards dashboard but I didn't pay much attention to it.

I'm getting 5 points per search still, but when this change goes through, I won't be going out of my way to do daily searches anymore.

I haven’t got that ms rewards “trial” yet but there’s no way I’m doing 250 searches a day I don’t know what they’re thinking.

Agreed. There's no way I'm doing the searches now. I'll stick to their offers and that'll be about it for me. Shame too; I have 200k+ saved up right now.

#9435 FinderKeeper   Eternal n00b CAGiversary!   316 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

FinderKeeper

Posted 11 July 2020 - 08:55 PM

But yet it’s barbaric in many ways. Have to delete and redownload games that you have on disc if you get digital? Can’t buy games if you have them on Plus? Storage management in general is a pain on PS4.

But honestly the system itself is way too loud for me to get much enjoyment out of it. And I like some PS4 exclusives so it’s sad that it mostly collects dust for me.

Was it an original PS4, a PS4 Slim, or PS4 Pro? I had a PS4 Slim and I don't recall it ever having any noise issues--though tbh by the time I sold it last year due to financial difficulties I wasn't playing it as often as my XB1 Slim (the other reason I sold it was that the TIV was quite a bit higher than XB1).

I agree completely with the PITA about storage management and the issue with buying games on sale that have already been downloaded during PS+. On XB1 I've bought games on sale even though I got them through GwG, because I don't know if I"ll always have Gold and/or GamePass. You'd think PlayStation would be OK with throwing additional money at them but it's almost like they're holding the games hostage unless you swear fealty to eternal Plus membership.

That said, I was disappointed when Xbox changed the policy on GwG with the new console generation (to match the PlayStation Plus policy on ownership). I really liked the value-added factor of being able to keep GwG games on 360 even if the Gold membership lapsed. Guess it was too good to last  :-({|= 

And I'm a bit miffed at the decline in the quality of GwG offerings concurrent with the push to GamePass. It's understandable--it's to be expected, even--but it's disheartening nonetheless. If the recent 'trial' update to Bing/Microsoft Rewards turns out to be permanent, that's another example of MS deciding to keep programs in place but depreciate their value. It's logical cost-cutting, but an example of fan *dis-service*. Kind of the 'resistance is futile' approach.  :boxing:

#9436 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   8222 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2020 - 09:42 PM

I haven't played Primal yet.  I picked it up right around the time I was playing Horizon Zero Dawn.  Figured it would be too similar maybe.  Maybe some day.

#9437 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10832 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted 11 July 2020 - 09:45 PM

I am liking Destiny 2 buy it is a shit show for a new player from the perspective of story. I have been playing the legacy missions to get caught up but I needed to do some "story missions" for the New Light Quest to gain access to some vendors. So then I log in today and I get two random cut-scenes and then I am taken to IO for some mission. No chance to select it or anything. I am still on Titan for the Red War. It is really annoying to be shown things out of order like this.

#9438 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2992 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 11 July 2020 - 09:48 PM

I am liking Destiny 2 buy it is a shit show for a new player from the perspective of story. I have been playing the legacy missions to get caught up but I needed to do some "story missions" for the New Light Quest to gain access to some vendors. So then I log in today and I get two random cut-scenes and then I am taken to IO for some mission. No chance to select it or anything. I am still on Titan for the Red War. It is really annoying to be shown things out of order like this.

Seriously same boat. My sister in laws brother works for Bungie on Destiny. He told me it will get better later this year regarding single player campaign and the way the story is told. I'm playing through Cayde's campaign now.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

#9439 Euripides   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   297 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Euripides

Posted 11 July 2020 - 09:58 PM

yeah they are nerfing it again, I mean "improving it". I mostly blame all you hoarders for the next Xbox.

https://www.reddit.c..._rewards_trial/

Well if and when they switch the point system for me, I am out.

This will actually reduce my backlog titles as time goes on I use the points to buy good games when they have great sales (especially the complete editions with all the DLC).

Now that I would be using my own money instead of space bucks, I would be much more selective of the games on sale. I have one hell of of backlog list so I am good for a long time.

Side note as I finished Crysis 1 & 2 from backlog list and now workin on Crysis 3.  Also going through the Capcom Beat Em Up Bundle for the 1,000 gamer score as getting close to the 100k mark.

#9440 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2992 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 11 July 2020 - 10:02 PM

Well if and when they switch the point system for me, I am out.

This will actually reduce my backlog titles as time goes on I use the points to buy good games when they have great sales (especially the complete editions with all the DLC).

Now that I would be using my own money instead of space bucks, I would be much more selective of the games on sale. I have one hell of of backlog list so I am good for a long time.

Side note as I finished Crysis 1 & 2 from backlog list and now workin on Crysis 3. Also going through the Capcom Beat Em Up Bundle for the 1,000 gamer score as getting close to the 100k mark.

How do they look? Crysis 1 and 2?

#9441 Ryuukishi   My ambitionz az a Ryder CAGiversary!   11416 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2020 - 10:49 PM

Assassin's Creed Valhalla 11/17. That seals the fate of my Cyberpunk preorder. No way I'm picking them both up the same week.

#9442 Euripides   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   297 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Euripides

Posted 11 July 2020 - 10:53 PM

How do they look? Crysis 1 and 2?

They hold up pretty well in my book. Granted don’t go In expecting PC level

Note that multiplayer for 2 and 3 no longer work so you will not be able to get any of those achievements.

#9443 davidflecha17   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   568 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

davidflecha17

Posted 11 July 2020 - 11:04 PM

There was a trick on Bing where you only need to do like 10 searches and then click the back and forward one page buttons on your browser to complete the rest of the searches. I haven't done it in a while because there hasn't been any double points days for me.

#9444 EndOfGreen  

EndOfGreen

Posted 11 July 2020 - 11:21 PM

Assassin's Creed Valhalla 11/17. That seals the fate of my Cyberpunk preorder. No way I'm picking them both up the same week.

I don't think picking either of them up the same week is smart. Both will get price drops very quickly around Christmas time.

#9445 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   3622 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2020 - 11:26 PM

I don't think picking either of them up the same week is smart. Both will get price drops very quickly around Christmas time.

It’s never smart buying an Ubi game near launch, regardless of the time of year. Cyberpunk is not at all comparable and won’t see a significant sale during the first month of release.

#9446 Ryuukishi   My ambitionz az a Ryder CAGiversary!   11416 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2020 - 01:15 AM

Yeah that's fair. I just really want to play Valhalla right away. I've got my $50 physical preorder in at Amazon. When there's a discount on the Gold edition on XBLM I'll sell the disc and go digital.

#9447 Echotech83   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   858 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Echotech83

Posted 12 July 2020 - 01:16 AM

It’s never smart buying an Ubi game near launch, regardless of the time of year. Cyberpunk is not at all comparable and won’t see a significant sale during the first month of release.

Yeah CD Projekt red games are a pretty safe buy on day one. They actually try to have their games running well by launch day and not have day one purchasers beta test the game. From what I remember reading a while ago, cyberpunk has been done for awhile, and all of the delays have been for quality control. Plus five years ago, when I bought Witcher 3 on day one, the game came with a thank you note from the dev team. Call me a cheap date, but I thought that was pretty cool and I’ve been a fan since that day.

#9448 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2712 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2020 - 01:40 AM

What happened to the game reviews on the Xbox store? They really came in handy with smaller games that don't get reviewed on a lot of sites. Pretty key feature they had over the PlayStation and Switch stores but maybe devs of low rated games complained?

#9449 Strider Turbulence EX  

Strider Turbulence EX

Posted 12 July 2020 - 02:20 AM

What happened to the game reviews on the Xbox store? They really came in handy with smaller games that don't get reviewed on a lot of sites. Pretty key feature they had over the PlayStation and Switch stores but maybe devs of low rated games complained?

huh, I didn't notice they were gone. I think there was something they did last year where they removed a ton of negative reviews for games like Gears 5, maybe they just took that to another level.

I agree they were good for the more obscure indie games that fly under the radar. I've picked up several games with passionate reviews describing a diamond in the rough and passed on several games that looked really good but had game breaking bugs that may not even be addressed.

#9450 Zantra  

Posted 12 July 2020 - 02:26 AM

The reviews are still on my console. And, I have Alpha Skip Ahead, which is the newest that you can get.