* * * - - 4 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: ME: Shadow of Mordor GOTY, Mudrunner, more | 2K, Capcom, Ubisoft | GwG: Call of Cthulhu, TT Isle of Man; Star Wars Battlefront

#601 chrisbravo   CAG Supreme (w/Cheese) CAGiversary!   408 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2020 - 06:47 PM

BTW, didn’t mention earlier but in addition to Children of Morta, I also had gotten A Plague’s Tale. Only two purchases of the last month. Both on or coming to GamePass.

I will accept donations if anyone wants me to buy something else to get it to come to GamePass.

Please go buy the new Dragon Ball game, want to play but dont want to pay $60 and dont want to wait for a sale. Thank you in advance  :wave:

#602 mundial1345   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   763 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

mundial1345

Posted 17 January 2020 - 07:15 PM

Xbox didn't do a year in review but true achievements did a decade in review.  Go to https://www.trueachievements.com/n40391/mydecadeonxbox and scroll down in the article and click the Mydecade on xbox link and login if you aren't already.

http://ZLEPOyd.jpg

#603 KurishunaMaradi   You seem familiar, did I annoy you before? CAGiversary!   4259 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

KurishunaMaradi

Posted 17 January 2020 - 07:19 PM

BTW, didn’t mention earlier but in addition to Children of Morta, I also had gotten A Plague’s Tale. Only two purchases of the last month. Both on or coming to GamePass.

I will accept donations if anyone wants me to buy something else to get it to come to GamePass.

We trust you to do the right thing, with or without the donations.

"awp for the President."

#604 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   8139 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2020 - 07:24 PM

Xbox didn't do a year in review but true achievements did a decade in review.  Go to https://www.trueachievements.com/n40391/mydecadeonxbox and scroll down in the article and click the Mydecade on xbox link and login if you aren't already.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/ZLEPOyd.jpg[/img]

Interesting.  I am 50/49 XBox One/360.  I would have thought my 360 percentage would have been even higher.  I gamed more on MS last gen then I did this gen. 

I only played 4 out of 5 Gears of War games.  Not sure which one I it think I didn't play.  I played Gears 1-3 and Judgement on 360.  4 and 5 on XBox One as well as the Gears 1 remaster.  

Not sure what exactly the Genres is reporting.  3.1% Automobile I guess could be right if talking games.  I played a LOT hours in FH3 and a bit less of FH4.

#605 mundial1345   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   763 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

mundial1345

Posted 17 January 2020 - 07:27 PM

Interesting.  I am 50/49 XBox One/360.  I would have thought my 360 percentage would have been even higher.  I gamed more on MS last gen then I did this gen. 

I only played 4 out of 5 Gears of War games.  Not sure which one I it think I didn't play.  I played Gears 1-3 and Judgement on 360.  4 and 5 on XBox One as well as the Gears 1 remaster.    Not sure what exactly the Genres is reporting.  3.1% Automobile I guess could be right if talking games.  I played a LOT hours in FH3 and a bit less of FH4.

Lol huh those are some interesting categories didn't catch the automobile and racing are two different ones. Huh strange how its missing your gears stuff too

#606 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   8139 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2020 - 07:36 PM

Lol huh those are some interesting categories didn't catch the automobile and racing are two different ones. Huh strange how its missing your gears stuff too

I looked to see if maybe I played the original Gears in 2009.  Nope 2010.  Looks like I rolled right into Gears 2 (which is what I seem to remember as well).   I got my PS3 in 2008 and I think my 360 in late 2009.  

It shows racing and automobile at 3.1%.  I think other then an hour or two of Blur everything has been Horizon 2,3,4 and a bit of Motorsport (like 10 hours maybe).

Thanks for sharing the link.

#607 evful   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   696 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2020 - 08:13 PM

I like the stats they surface in this.

My fastest completion was 9 minutes, my slowest was just over 12 years.

Genre breakdown seems about right, a lot of those categories bleed into each other.

With all Xbox One games netting at least 1k points and getting older and having a little more money to throw at games it makes sense that I'm at a 60/40 split vs the 360.

Spelunky holds all of my rarest achievements and I doubt that will ever change.

Spoiler

#608 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2460 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 17 January 2020 - 08:28 PM

My longest time to completion was also just over 12 years. Took me 4,509 days to complete Castlevania Symphony of the Night. Got motivated to finish it when Bloodstained hit. 

#609 gogomo  

Posted 17 January 2020 - 08:34 PM

Does anyone here have a full 10 years of data that they're willing to share?  I'd be curious what a chart like this looks like for a CAG with 10 straight years of data.

#610 Mr_hockey66   Lets go pens! CAGiversary!   7968 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Mr_hockey66

Posted 17 January 2020 - 08:48 PM

Heres mine613326.png

#611 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6100 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2020 - 08:52 PM

Does anyone here have a full 10 years of data that they're willing to share?  I'd be curious what a chart like this looks like for a CAG with 10 straight years of data.

What do you mean?  I signed up with TA in 2011, but they scan the full history of your gamertag.  If you were online when you popped an achievement so Xbox Live could timestamp it, that's accounted for.  For example, it has me starting Gears 2 on Nov 7, '08 at 22:22 (Eastern) for the first achievement and the final achievement (Seriously 2.0) February 29, 2012 (held off for a leap day completion).

Spoiler

#612 The Brief Chef   Actor, Chef, & CAG CAGiversary!   316 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

The Brief Chef

Posted 17 January 2020 - 08:56 PM

What helped me most was when Games with Gold started up.

425824.png

#613 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   3514 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2020 - 09:04 PM

I can't get the My Decade on XBOX to work.

Everything just shows up blank and I've been a member of trueachievements for many years.

I don't know what to do to even fix it. I've been noticing the error for a while now.

When I get emails from xbox with my gamertag in the email my achievement score is wrong and the gamer profile picture is incorrect. It used to be correct so I'm not sure what happened.

Anyone know how to fix this?

#614 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   8139 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2020 - 09:06 PM

Looks like the limit for XBox Account Balance is $1000.  So you could buy $500 or whatever the series X is going to cost and use that to pay for the whole thing.  I guess $550 to cover tax assuming $499 and 10% or less sales tax.  

https://support.micr...limits-on-money

#615 RiPPn  

Posted 17 January 2020 - 09:09 PM

Looks like the limit for XBox Account Balance is $1000.  So you could buy $500 or whatever the series X is going to cost and use that to pay for the whole thing.  I guess $550 to cover tax assuming $499 and 10% or less sales tax.  

Just don't forget that the bing rewards cards expire in 90 days.

#616 gogomo  

Posted 17 January 2020 - 09:15 PM

What do you mean?  I signed up with TA in 2011, but they scan the full history of your gamertag.  If you were online when you popped an achievement so Xbox Live could timestamp it, that's accounted for.  For example, it has me starting Gears 2 on Nov 7, '08 at 22:22 (Eastern) for the first achievement and the final achievement (Seriously 2.0) February 29, 2012 (held off for a leap day completion).

Nice.  The recent posts (and yours) are what I meant.  The one that mundial1345 posted only started in Dec 2015 and is still interesting but I was curious what others would look like with a full years of data.  Thanks!

#617 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   8139 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2020 - 09:23 PM

Reading the thread associated with the MyDecade one of the devs said it only includes games released in the 201x.  Also unique settings (disqualifies Ultimate).

So for Gears...

Gears 3, Judgement, 4, 5 and POP.  

I didn't play Pop.  So 4 out of 5 is right for me.

My stats.  I missed almost 2 years between 2014 and 2016. 

https://www.trueachi...m/decade/726463

#618 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2460 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 17 January 2020 - 09:23 PM

I can't get the My Decade on XBOX to work.

Everything just shows up blank and I've been a member of trueachievements for many years.

I don't know what to do to even fix it. I've been noticing the error for a while now.

When I get emails from xbox with my gamertag in the email my achievement score is wrong and the gamer profile picture is incorrect. It used to be correct so I'm not sure what happened.

Anyone know how to fix this?

TA in discord said maybe to refresh, but I think I was able to see you https://www.trueachi...m/decade/318599

edit: nope that was one of my other friends

#619 darthfracas   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   957 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

darthfracas

Posted 17 January 2020 - 09:45 PM

No way did I actually spend $10,000 on the games I played.

Also of note, I joined TA in June 2010. No surprise that’s one of the biggest circles on the grid.

I also showed this to my wife, and she was amused how I could tie certain trends to life events, like when our kids were born, when we moved, when I changed jobs etc.

110034.png

#620 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   3944 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2020 - 09:53 PM

That’s a fun chart:

Spoiler

#621 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   3514 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2020 - 10:05 PM

TA in discord said maybe to refresh, but I think I was able to see you https://www.trueachi...m/decade/318599

edit: nope that was one of my other friends

I think it maybe an issue caused by firefox. I'm not sure how to fix it and no one seems to know why there is an issue.

#622 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2460 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 17 January 2020 - 10:07 PM

Yeah my total spent could of bought a decent car, but they are just going off the "*based on games release price" and that would happen for me about twice a year max for a $59.99 title. 

Looks like Windows 10 store is down on the pc and acting real goofy on the Console 

#623 kdiddy1989   I make average CAGs look rich. CAGiversary!   2152 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2020 - 10:08 PM

Is there a way to tell whether you own a game vs have it from Game Pass?  Asking because Shadow of Mordor is leaving this month and that's been my main game this past month, but I won't have the time (thanks a lot school) to finish before they remove it.

#624 Ryuukishi   My ambitionz az a Ryder CAGiversary!   11278 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2020 - 10:16 PM

93927.png

#625 Sielanas  

Posted 17 January 2020 - 10:28 PM

Looks like the limit for XBox Account Balance is $1000. So you could buy $500 or whatever the series X is going to cost and use that to pay for the whole thing. I guess $550 to cover tax assuming $499 and 10% or less sales tax.

Keep your eyes open for spacebuck sales. I technically got my launch X for $400 due to Racetrac and Samsung Pay having $50 for $40 promos that year. Loaded my balance, pick up in store, went to the nearest MS store (an hour away then) and got it.

TA won't let me register, said can't find my tag despite clearly finding my tag.

#626 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2460 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 17 January 2020 - 11:04 PM

TA won't let me register, said can't find my tag despite clearly finding my tag.

Phil Spencer tweeted out the link a little bit ago and TA says their website is getting hammered right now, so that might be the issue 

edit: yeah looks like a lot of people are having that exact issue 

#627 wampler13   That's just ,like, your opinion, man! CAGiversary!   641 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2020 - 11:21 PM

I wasn't joking when I said I wanted Game Room added to backward compatibility. 

287637.png

#628 braiiins   Braiiins CAGiversary!   1120 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2020 - 11:25 PM

Surprised Windows Phone is such a high % for me. I did use them for 5 or so years I guess. Kind of confused how iOS is on the chart. I've never owned an iPhone, so maybe I borrowed someone's device and don't remember or someone used my account.

Thought Bloomy's solitaire completion time was weird until I saw my Mahjong time. I think it was a weird DLC thing of like 2 achievements that showed up as a second game for some reason.

Spoiler

#629 PsiScream   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   301 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2020 - 11:27 PM

Is there a way to tell whether you own a game vs have it from Game Pass?  Asking because Shadow of Mordor is leaving this month and that's been my main game this past month, but I won't have the time (thanks a lot school) to finish before they remove it.

If you look on the store, GamePass games and GwG will still give you the option to buy it, if you don't already own it.  One thing to watch out for though with SoM, is I believe there was also a GOTY edition of this game which you may have purchased, and you should look that up separately.

#630 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6100 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2020 - 11:43 PM

Thought Bloomy's solitaire completion time was weird until I saw my Mahjong time. I think it was a weird DLC thing of like 2 achievements that showed up as a second game for some reason.

I thought it was weird, too, but the tracking must be just for the base game.  Both had 3 achievements for 40 points.  At the time I completed it, that was it, and a later title update added more.  My first 2 achievements in the Win 8 Mahjong have the same timestamp, with the third nearly 3 years later.  If you started the game with a hard puzzle, you could potentially have a 1 minute completion.

And by checking on that, I see I have 27/30 in the Win 10 Mahjong, just needing the 3 medal challenge ones.  Last pop was June 2018, which may have been when work blocked XBL connectivity.  Should download that on my personal laptop and work toward finishing that up this year.

It looks like only 1 person completed the decade with a daily achievement streak intact.  Unfortunately, his decade stat image doesn't appear to load.

https://www.trueachi.../gamer/winginor

Also, for those having trouble posting YouTube videos (and maybe Tweets) as embeds, in the formatting buttons for posts, click the gear button in the editor.  Should pop up an option to post as plain text by default.  When you paste URLs, they won't appear as clickable links, but when you preview / post, YouTube links should embed while other URLs become clickable.