* * * - - 10 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: RDR2:SE, South Park, Division 1/2, more | Quakecon, Metro, Big Gaming | GwG: Dunk Lords, Portal Knights; MX Unleashed

#4861 Bowie88   Long Time Lurker, First Time Poster CAGiversary!   378 Posts   Joined 2.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 April 2020 - 08:06 PM

My "basement man cave" gaming setup:

vDcQrEz.jpg

Sorry for the enormous pic, is there a way to create a preview or something?

That's an Xbox One S, my X1X is upstairs in the family room, but this room is just for me. :)

Gaming collection shelf (part of it, anyway):

RsSc1aZ.jpg

Hot damn, now that's a setup.  Puts mine to shame.  Looks great!

#4862 HektiK   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   358 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 April 2020 - 08:50 PM

Thanks. The collection used to be a LOT bigger, hence some of the empty shelves, but I've been slimming it down a lot between more of my library moving to digital, and just becoming less interested in holding on to old stuff. My Sony and Nintendo collections in particular have shrunk to almost nothing, most of those games have wound up on eBay.

I need to do this as well.  There are so many 360 games in the box and i don't need to hold on to even a 1/3 of them.  There is some i love will hold on to forever from every generation but i have quite a few that don't hold any significance.

Some one at work gave me two fairly dirty and i dont think functional NES' and a genesis, they need to go in the garbage but I hate for it to end up in the landfill especially if someone else would have enjoyed them.

I watch RuPaul's Drag Race, but I have no gay friends, so I have nobody to talk about it with. I tried watching Tiger King, because my straight friends thought that I would like it, and I turned it off after about five minutes.

Man Jujubee got robbed.  My wife binge watched a number of seasons before moving on to something else.  

#4863 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   3195 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 10 April 2020 - 09:02 PM

I need to do this as well.  There are so many 360 games in the box and i don't need to hold on to even a 1/3 of them.  There is some i love will hold on to forever from every generation but i have quite a few that don't hold any significance.

Some one at work gave me two fairly dirty and i dont think functional NES' and a genesis, they need to go in the garbage but I hate for it to end up in the landfill especially if someone else would have enjoyed them.

If you have a local retro shop, they may take them for parts if they repair old systems.

#4864 Sir Loinsteak   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   487 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Sir Loinsteak

Posted 10 April 2020 - 10:04 PM

Bored at work show me your gaming setup! 

Here's mine from last April when we put new flooring, new area rugs, repainted (walls look really green in this picture but they have a little more blue to them) and a new entertainment center. The only difference now is its a 65" Vizio M Series Quantum TV. Have an xbox one x and an apple tv in there with my wfi router 

I love seeing people's setups. They make for great inspiration. I really like the TV stand and would like to get something similar for my living room someday. This is my game and movie area which still needs some finishing touches but it gets a lot of use as is. 130" screen and 7.1.4 surround sound with a 1080p projector and X1X. 

P_20200410_173801.jpg

P_20200410_173451.jpg

#4865 gldndomer  

Posted 10 April 2020 - 10:49 PM

This is my game and movie area which still needs some finishing touches but it gets a lot of use as is.

Putting up recent movie posters is an awesome idea! Do you switch them out every now and then? Or are those just your current favs?

#4866 Sir Loinsteak   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   487 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Sir Loinsteak

Posted 10 April 2020 - 10:55 PM

Putting up recent movie posters is an awesome idea! Do you switch them out every now and then? Or are those just your current favs?

I switch them out. I pick them up from my local theater and from the Disney rewards site. I have 7 up and 4 more framed to switch out, then I have some more I still need to frame. Hopefully some day I will be able to get some cool older posters like Indiana Jones or Star Wars.

#4867 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   4418 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 April 2020 - 11:05 PM

You guys have nice setups, I’ll see if I can get a photo of mine later. Mine is not that impressive though :) I sell most my old video game stuff.

#4868 captbrannigan  

captbrannigan

Posted 10 April 2020 - 11:58 PM

Your mistake is thinking that fictional characters are the same as real-life people. Someone who is a fucking asshole in reality is a bane to existence, and you are actively participating in helping this fuckwad who apparently molests and abuses young men into a position of power and influence. So yes, my standards are clearly above yours.

The guy got 1/3 of the vote to be govenor of OK, watching and commenting about a show that portrays him as a mentally ill criminal isn't "giving him power." People sent love letters and gifts to Charles Manson, and those probably did get boosts following new documentaries and whatnot. I think most people still see him as a monster tho.

Your reply was pretty aggressive and curse filled for someone who thinks "a fucking asshole in reality is a bane to existence." Reminds me of how all the compulsive liars I've met spend a lot of time talking about honesty and how much they hate liars. Ya, you definitely "practice what you preach."

#4869 wampler13   That's just ,like, your opinion, man! CAGiversary!   763 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 April 2020 - 12:08 AM

Anybody up for a multi-platform re-make of A Dog's Life?

#4870 shoethiefrexyk9   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   919 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

shoethiefrexyk9

Posted 11 April 2020 - 12:26 AM

I love seeing people's setups. They make for great inspiration. I really like the TV stand and would like to get something similar for my living room someday. This is my game and movie area which still needs some finishing touches but it gets a lot of use as is. 130" screen and 7.1.4 surround sound with a 1080p projector and X1X.

attachicon.gifP_20200410_173801.jpg
attachicon.gifP_20200410_173451.jpg

Wow sweet set ups everyone very impressive love seeing everyone’s ideas and different ways of setting their rooms up! Thanks everyone went with the floating thought it looked more modern love how it came out. I think we found it on way fair. Haha yep the kiddos usually do make the room a minefield that was a rare day and my wife is a bit of a neat freak. Thankfully they play with duplos right now so we don’t have to worry about stepping on legos yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4871 darthfracas   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1128 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

darthfracas

Posted 11 April 2020 - 12:48 AM

I’d post a pic of my gaming set up, but I’m still getting settled in the new house. Just imagine a 65” TCL with a VCR Xbox 1 and a Bose soundbar with about 75 360 and X1 games.

#4872 adonfraz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   558 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 April 2020 - 01:42 AM

Heads up for gamers in the US there's another CDC punchcard in the MS Rewards app for 2,000 points.

Activate it and you get 1,000 then earn an achievement for another 1,000.

Hope this turns into a weekly thing.

#4873 HektiK   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   358 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 April 2020 - 01:51 AM

If you have a local retro shop, they may take them for parts if they repair old systems.

Sadly the local game shop closed about a year ago or so but that is a great idea.

#4874 Strider Turbulence EX  

Strider Turbulence EX

Posted 11 April 2020 - 02:57 AM

Unless they are really dirty, you can probably just throw them up as an 'as is/parts' lot on ebay.

#4875 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3728 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 April 2020 - 04:51 AM

Your mistake is thinking that fictional characters are the same as real-life people. Someone who is a fucking asshole in reality is a bane to existence, and you are actively participating in helping this fuckwad who apparently molests and abuses young men into a position of power and influence. So yes, my standards are clearly above yours.

I never need to spend any amount of time "realizing" just how awful people can be with all the shit that goes on in the world. People who spend their lives helping others might get one segment on Good Morning America that nobody even sees (like this guy who spends his life fostering terminally ill children), and that is the sort of behavior we need to celebrate. But instead, people like you watch killers and sociopaths, and their actions become more distributed and they profit from it. I don't participate in that shit.

I practice what I preach by donating time and money to help others. But the braindead way "normal" people act easily makes me sociopathic.

I think you missed the point of my comment.  My point is that all of it is trash and those who justify watching certain trash over other trash because it's fiction or not as bad doesn't make it any better.  Fictional shows that degrade women, glorify violence, promote drugs, etc. can have just as much of a harmful effect on society as a real-life Joe.  I would heartily agree that we would all be better off turning off the TV (or only watching wholesome information such as the foster parent you mentioned).  I don't believe I said anyone's standards or decisions were better or worse.  The point is that if someone is going to claim to justify that watching Joe Tiger is somehow less wholesome and less useful than watching Game of Thrones or The Bachelor or Breaking Bad, I have a hard time understanding that.

#4876 dualrec  

Posted 11 April 2020 - 05:25 AM

Damn. Damn. Damn. Scorpio said problem with game saves .... no throwing E105 error on startup... why can't this damn thing at least get me to a series x launch...
Might have to find me a sale on another... too bad I can't get a gears console still

#4877 fatmanforlife99   I need a weapon. CAGiversary!   3151 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

fatmanforlife99

Posted 11 April 2020 - 06:58 AM

Damn. Damn. Damn. Scorpio said problem with game saves .... no throwing E105 error on startup... why can't this damn thing at least get me to a series x launch...
Might have to find me a sale on another... too bad I can't get a gears console still

https://www.microsof...vot:overviewtab

#4878 dualrec  

Posted 11 April 2020 - 07:22 AM

https://www.microsof...vot:overviewtab

Thanks... but says out of stock

#4879 bee01   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   833 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 April 2020 - 08:16 AM

Heads up for gamers in the US there's another CDC punchcard in the MS Rewards app for 2,000 points.

Activate it and you get 1,000 then earn an achievement for another 1,000.

Hope this turns into a weekly thing.

The implications of it becoming a weekly thing probably outweigh the 2 Microbucks.

#4880 Zantra  

Zantra

Posted 11 April 2020 - 10:28 AM

The Plants Vs. Zombies page on Facebook has started giving out free codes for Battle for Neighborville. I managed to get one yesterday for the Japanese version of the game on PS4, but they are also giving away codes for the Xbox One version. The American and UK codes get used right away, but they also had Japanese codes and Korean codes that nobody was claiming. It might be worth it to make a secondary account, set in another country, so that you can scoop up a free copy, when they release more codes.

#4881 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7948 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 April 2020 - 11:09 AM

The Plants Vs. Zombies page on Facebook has started giving out free codes for Battle for Neighborville. I managed to get one yesterday for the Japanese version of the game on PS4, but they are also giving away codes for the Xbox One version. The American and UK codes get used right away, but they also had Japanese codes and Korean codes that nobody was claiming. It might be worth it to make a secondary account, set in another country, so that you can scoop up a free copy, when they release more codes.

If this game is online only like the other Plants Vs. Zombies games, I'm going to keep an eye out for the Xbox One codes since I refuse to pay for PlayStation Plus.  But thanks for the tip!

In other news, I decided to start out the weekend by finally trying out Super Lucky's Tale on Game Pass.  I miss the old school platformers, so it is a very refreshing experience after a hard week at work.  My employer claims I'm "essential," I beg to differ, and my co-workers have been "essentially" getting on my damn nerves.  Have a good weekend, everybody!

#4882 Zantra  

Zantra

Posted 11 April 2020 - 12:30 PM

If this game is online only like the other Plants Vs. Zombies games, I'm going to keep an eye out for the Xbox One codes since I refuse to pay for PlayStation Plus. But thanks for the tip!

In other news, I decided to start out the weekend by finally trying out Super Lucky's Tale on Game Pass. I miss the old school platformers, so it is a very refreshing experience after a hard week at work. My employer claims I'm "essential," I beg to differ, and my co-workers have been "essentially" getting on my damn nerves. Have a good weekend, everybody!

It's like Destiny, where it has a single player mode, and online stuff. You can actually play completely single player with AI bots if you want to.

#4883 Mjkjets   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   155 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 April 2020 - 01:32 PM

This error may just be the hard drive failing. You may just need to replace the hard drive.

#4884 mvp828   It's not CAGers Dammit CAGs CAGiversary!   2590 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 April 2020 - 03:57 PM

This error may just be the hard drive failing. You may just need to replace the hard drive.

Was it the error about clearing local storage cache yada yada? If so I'd try a factory reset but the one that allows you to keep everything installed. I had that issue a couple years back.

#4885 Bonzo  

Posted 11 April 2020 - 05:15 PM

Hi fellow CAGe!!!

Longtime lurker here (I finally created an account last year mainly to partake in the trade forum)

You’ve saved me a ton of money through the years but now I have a question, should I go with TCL 65” series 6 2018 version that’s only $500 at Costco or splurge an extra $250 and get the version with QLED?

Should add that I have an Xbox one X

Thanks for your input!

#4886 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   3195 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 11 April 2020 - 05:20 PM

Thanks for all the well-wishes. So far so good, my girlfriend is fatigued but fever hasn't gotten worse. I probably feel worse than she does just from being stressed out. Still waiting on results from testing but presumed positive for covid19.

Folks were posting setups, our TV room is also where all the games are. She was initially resistant to having gaming art etc but has admitted she likes it a lot now. 

Spoiler

Yes, that is a sealed copy of Mega Man 64.

#4887 wampler13   That's just ,like, your opinion, man! CAGiversary!   763 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 April 2020 - 05:26 PM

Looks like a kitty!

Seriously though- sweet setup. But I gotta know...are you a redneck?

#4888 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   3195 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 11 April 2020 - 05:31 PM

Looks like a kitty!

Seriously though- sweet setup. But I gotta know...are you a redneck?

...no? 

#4889 LoganDX   Five by Five, B CAGiversary!   1946 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 April 2020 - 05:40 PM

Sitting here at my FIL'S service. They're allowing a modified 10 person max so I'm sitting in the car in case my wife needs me. There's already been fighting over who got to get into the funeral home first, yes we have grown ass adults fighting over funeral "first!"

#4890 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5730 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 11 April 2020 - 06:02 PM

Thanks for all the well-wishes. So far so good, my girlfriend is fatigued but fever hasn't gotten worse. I probably feel worse than she does just from being stressed out. Still waiting on results from testing but presumed positive for covid19.

Folks were posting setups, our TV room is also where all the games are. She was initially resistant to having gaming art etc but has admitted she likes it a lot now. 

Spoiler

Yes, that is a sealed copy of Mega Man 64.

If you like Mega Man, have you tried Teppen? It's a mobile card game starring Capcom characters, and Mega Man X shines here. The setting isn't as fun or cheery as most Japanese games, though - even Ryu from Street Fighter kills people in this game. I like it as a "what if" spin-off you usually see for comic books.