* * * * - 8 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: RDR2:SE, South Park, Division 1/2, more | Quakecon, Metro, Big Gaming | GwG: Dunk Lords, Portal Knights; MX Unleashed

#7651 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   11691 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 09 June 2020 - 11:28 PM

Has digital 4k caught up with disc? I know the Jaws movie on 4k disc is a whopping 80gigs. Has to look a bit better then the streaming version.

Only games I buy now on cart are switch games. Why? Because Nintendo resale value is still quite good and Nintendo doesn't like to sell their games cheap. This doesn't prevent me from grabbing cheap eShop games but first party wise I grab their games on cart. They also haven't rolled out a great backwards compatibility program like Microsoft and now Sony will with the PS5.

I'm considering grabbing Superman 4k at $6 but I don't own street fighter Blu-ray or digital hd.

#7652 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   3653 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2020 - 11:35 PM

Streaming movies aren't catching up to disc anytime soon.

#7653 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   4279 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2020 - 11:38 PM

Coming July 9th, up for preorder for 19.99

#7654 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5700 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 09 June 2020 - 11:39 PM

Ah lame. I wonder why they listed them in the deal then. If you look at the page that he posted, it has a section for video game based movie rentals at the bottom.

The rentals don't count, but if you buy the titles in that $1.99 rental page, it might. Though I still might not bother since it's not for Sonic Mania Plus.

#7655 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   11691 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 09 June 2020 - 11:58 PM

Coming July 9th, up for preorder for 19.99
https://youtu.be/3IkHJsJYC2w

This is coming to gamepass right?

#7656 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4410 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 10 June 2020 - 12:02 AM

Digital 4K won't catch up to physical 4K unless both they didn't compress the video AND the infrastructure of your country was high enough quality to handle the file sizes this would mean at the necessary speed, not to mention ISPs not being bitches. So, probably never in the US. Maybe in Asia it could theoretically happen.

The Destiny changes and planned content sounds pretty good, especially the lore implication. I'm re-downloading but I'm not sure I'll but the new season yet. It does really blow that they can't simply keep ALL content in the game at once, but this is probably a lesson they learned from stuff like Fortnite and Apex that regularly cycle in fresh stuff. I hadn't though about the issues it presented beyond balance, though I also don't really understand why these things bloat the update size even after their explanation. 

They are cutting loose a LOT of content on 9/22 that the video didn't really cover. Most or all of the D2 launch patrol planets and FIVE Raids if a location leaving means the content associated is gone too. I'm not sure how to feel about it, but it does seem like new players will pretty much never be able to experience the entire of the story content in a comprehensible way again.

#7657 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2874 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 10 June 2020 - 12:23 AM

This is coming to gamepass right?

It's probably got a decent chance. The PC release was on the Xbox Game Pass for PC, because of that it's hard to really find any concrete info about regular Xbox Game Pass. 

#7658 Zantra  

Posted 10 June 2020 - 01:08 AM

The new weekly GamePass quests are up. Deliver us the Moon is the new game, and it's quest completion says to "save the earth" which sounds like you have to beat the entire game for a measly 25 points.

#7659 wampler13   That's just ,like, your opinion, man! CAGiversary!   708 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2020 - 01:12 AM

The new weekly GamePass quests are up. Deliver us the Moon is the new game, and it's quest completion says to "save the earth" which sounds like you have to beat the entire game for a measly 25 points.

I just started the game and it popped.

#7660 Zantra  

Posted 10 June 2020 - 01:29 AM

Good to know. Some of the descriptions on these quests are extremely vague.

#7661 braiiins   Braiiins CAGiversary!   1203 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2020 - 02:04 AM

Been keeping an eye out for Animatrix on sale from vudu and for sonic to hit sub $10. Thanks phat_tonyca for the heads up that it's MA. This was a great deal for me. 

#7662 The Brief Chef   Actor, Chef, & CAG CAGiversary!   336 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

The Brief Chef

Posted 10 June 2020 - 02:22 AM

My 2 cents on Digital vs Hardcopy for media
-Movies: almost all exclusively .mkv or .iso files and managed with Kodi on my Xbox 1 X. I got into Kodi back in 2008 have been building a digital Blockbuster. And I'm old enough to remember Napster. Netflix + Hulu + Disney+ is making my library a bit obsolete, but not having to stream when I'm out of town is great.

-Music: all in Google Music, but now that's ending so I'll need to pivot to something else. I've also started to get into vinyl for albums that I love

Nintendo: All carts (Switch + SNES + NES) because of Nostalgia and I don't trust Nintendo's digital rights management.

Xbox: Flipping more of my 360 library digital when they go Backwards Compatible. Xbox One is almost completely digital and super helpful when I visit my in-laws out of town with their more rural internet.

PS4: Only purchased a few games (God of War / Spider-Man) and keep the PS+ membership going constantly. 2tb Hdd inside has helped as well

#7663 DGenerateKane   Former Kanenite CAGiversary!   750 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

DGenerateKane

Posted 10 June 2020 - 03:04 AM

I'm not sure how to feel about it, but it does seem like new players will pretty much never be able to experience the entire of the story content in a comprehensible way again.

I know I think differently than the majority of society when it comes to most things, but that is a sure way to get me to NEVER put money into Destiny 2. I may be the only one to think this way, so it's no loss to Bungie.

#7664 Gideon68   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2718 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2020 - 03:18 AM

FYI - I popped a cheevo in a GP game and the 50pts for daily cheevo credited immediately when I clicked on it. 

#7665 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11172 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 10 June 2020 - 04:40 AM

I know I think differently than the majority of society when it comes to most things, but that is a sure way to get me to NEVER put money into Destiny 2. I may be the only one to think this way, so it's no loss to Bungie.

We're definitely going to have to hear more about how they are going to implement this change.  I'm still trying to figure out how I feel about it, but them announcing that they are bringing back D1 content sure did soften the blow. :)

#7666 DGenerateKane   Former Kanenite CAGiversary!   750 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

DGenerateKane

Posted 10 June 2020 - 08:29 AM

FYI - I popped a cheevo in a GP game and the 50pts for daily cheevo credited immediately when I clicked on it. 

I popped two in Streets of Rage 4 three hours ago and it wouldn't work for me, which is about 75% of the time now.

#7667 Zantra  

Posted 10 June 2020 - 09:23 AM

Honestly not sure what San Andreas has to do with video games, but it's part of the deal to get Sonic Mania for free. It's only $5 if you're into disaster films. I thought that it was pretty good. And, I'm not just saying that because I was a background actor in it.

#7668 FlawlessImage  

FlawlessImage

Posted 10 June 2020 - 11:02 AM

Amazon has 3 month Game Pass Ultimate for 22.99.

I think it’s limit 3but I didn’t check so not sure.

Best Buy does too.

All the other stores have it 24.99 I think.

Edit - my wife said she could only buy 2.

Edit - it just let her buy another 2 so idk.

#7669 even13flow   Founder of GamerNation CAGiversary!   712 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2020 - 11:46 AM

Honestly not sure what San Andreas has to do with video games, but it's part of the deal to get Sonic Mania for free. It's only $5 if you're into disaster films. I thought that it was pretty good. And, I'm not just saying that because I was a background actor in it.

GTA San Andreas buddy

#7670 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2995 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 10 June 2020 - 12:05 PM

We're definitely going to have to hear more about how they are going to implement this change. I'm still trying to figure out how I feel about it, but them announcing that they are bringing back D1 content sure did soften the blow. :)

You've explained updates to Destiny here like 500 times (doing God's work), I then buy the latest expansion or whatever. Log onto the game, realize I have no idea what's going on in the story and they suck at getting you caught up, so I turn off game in less than 20 mins.

Destiny is just not new or returning player friendly. I hope their consistent base can keep them going cause I love their shooting mechanics and game play. I hope they make a different game though.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

#7671 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2874 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 10 June 2020 - 12:38 PM

You've explained updates to Destiny here like 500 times (doing God's work), I then buy the latest expansion or whatever. Log onto the game, realize I have no idea what's going on in the story and they suck at getting you caught up, so I turn off game in less than 20 mins.

Destiny is just not new or returning player friendly. I hope their consistent base can keep them going cause I love their shooting mechanics and game play. I hope they make a different game though.

Well Bungie's job listings for their next game certainly sound like it will be something "different" at least from them.... like Borderlands? Fortnite?  

https://www.videogam...sting-suggests/

#7672 adonfraz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   531 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2020 - 01:19 PM

All the Kingdom Hearts titles are coming to Game Pass

https://twitter.com/...702380200296449

https://news.xbox.co...d-pc-june-2020/

Of course I bought them when they were $20 a piece.

#7673 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9894 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2020 - 01:24 PM

Don’t discount Dungeon of the Endless also coming to Game Pass. Great mix of rogue-like and tower defense games.

#7674 spacegundam0079   Itchy, Tasty ... CAGiversary!   1496 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

spacegundam0079

Posted 10 June 2020 - 01:46 PM

Free Sonic Mania with purchase of select movies

https://www.microsof...xn6qs9x2g26zv00

#7675 camperinabush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1289 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

camperinabush

Posted 10 June 2020 - 02:07 PM

Well Bungie's job listings for their next game certainly sound like it will be something "different" at least from them.... like Borderlands? Fortnite?

https://www.videogam...sting-suggests/

Some people are suggesting that it might be more of a Diablo-ish dungeon crawler. Either way, it’ll be interesting to see Bungie expand outside of Destiny.

#7676 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   3101 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 10 June 2020 - 02:49 PM

To be fair the story itself has never been explained well through playing the game. A lot of mystical scifi names and terminology that would make Scotty and Geordi LaForge blush. 

I assumed this would happen eventually, I'm okay with paying $20 for 1+2 to show demand on the platform.

#7677 Sielanas  

Posted 10 June 2020 - 03:40 PM

I liked the Warcraft movie well enough for an adaptation. And for getting to see an awesome Sargeras on the big screen. My wife was very confused why I was so excited.

Double thanks to above, also purchasing Animatrix. I never rebought it after the original DVD.

#7678 Zantra  

Posted 10 June 2020 - 04:05 PM

GTA San Andreas buddy

It has nothing to do with Grand Theft Auto though. Which makes it even weirder that they list the movie in the section called "inspired by video games". Because it wasn't. It was actually a low-key remake of the film Earthquake.

#7679 jonathansmith369   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   148 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

jonathansmith369

Posted 10 June 2020 - 04:27 PM

It has nothing to do with Grand Theft Auto though. Which makes it even weirder that they list the movie in the section called "inspired by video games". Because it wasn't. It was actually a low-key remake of the film Earthquake.

Alexandra Daddario was in it and her body type seems to be inspired by the DOA games. It's close enough when sales just like to throw together semi related themes to include more stuff to offer.

#7680 Heck Mech  

Heck Mech

Posted 10 June 2020 - 04:27 PM

Free Sonic Mania with purchase of select movies

https://www.microsof...xn6qs9x2g26zv00

Nice grabbing the animated Hobbit movie, grew up on that shit!