* * * * - 8 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: RDR2:SE, South Park, Division 1/2, more | Quakecon, Metro, Big Gaming | GwG: Dunk Lords, Portal Knights; MX Unleashed

#9121 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 03 July 2020 - 10:43 PM

You may change your mind if you start seeing cosmetics in the Atom Shop you like. There are still a lot of challenges you can complete at any time to earn Atoms, but you won't have any daily or weekly challenges to complete to earn atoms anymore. they now award SCORE points, giving us yet another way to grind. I've only made it to rank 12 so far. Boy did they screw up the interface for the Ammo Converter you get at rank 5. PITA to use.

Ah, I see. I honestly don't even remember what it was like in previous games, I've been playing 76 so long. Haven't played an earlier Fallout game since its release.

Unfortunately I don't see them fixing that bug anytime soon. it's been there for 2.5 moths now, and it isn't even the worst bug with quest giving NPC's.

I play in first person mode so probably am not going to care about the cosmetics but I guess I might change my mind.

I am very glad I didn't start playing until they updated it so it's more of a Fallout game I am used to.

What other bugs might I come across from quest giving NPC's?

#9122 bee01   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   716 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2020 - 10:44 PM

I have a new in box Guitar Hero 2 360 wired controller.  I'm wondering if the Brooks 360->Xbox One adapter would work.  The web site generically lists "Guitar Hero" under compatible controllers.

I have a PS4->Xbox One Brooks adapter that works well.

#9123 Strider Turbulence EX  

Strider Turbulence EX

Posted 03 July 2020 - 11:03 PM

I did it. Pulled the trigger and redeemed all my MS rewards points for the microsoft store bucks. $490 in my account and clock is ticking. Please open up Series X preorders before fall!

I've got $400 in my account but I'm scared to redeem in fear that the account will be banned.

#9124 Euripides   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   300 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Euripides

Posted 03 July 2020 - 11:07 PM

I did it. Pulled the trigger and redeemed all my MS rewards points for the microsoft store bucks. $490 in my account and clock is ticking. Please open up Series X preorders before fall!

Wow as very nice haul there.

I was going to do that but decided to keep getting heavily discounted great and complete edition games.

My plan if I decide to get the Series X on day one is to finance it for 6 or 12 months through BestBuy depending on the promotion they have at the time. Example as they have 12 months promotion for purchases $299 and up this weekend but sadly we cannot pre-order the Series X yet.

Is the Summer sale sometime in mid to late July or did we have that in June already?

#9125 entexman  

entexman

Posted 03 July 2020 - 11:14 PM

I've got $400 in my account but I'm scared to redeem in fear that the account will be banned.

"Do it!": In Star wars emperor voice ;)

Not sure why your account would be banned. Live on the edge my friend. 

#9126 Deadpool   I club baby seals CAGiversary!   2529 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2020 - 12:22 AM

I just did the same. Onlt $250 though. I'm a loser :-D

#9127 Lucian   Officer Friendly CAGiversary!   1436 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2020 - 12:56 AM

I just did the same. Onlt $250 though. I'm a loser :-D

I was excited to get $16.25 a couple weeks ago. You guys are all champions in my book.

#9128 RiPPn  

Posted 04 July 2020 - 01:14 AM

I've got $280 in my account and trying to score another $5 before the deal goes away.  Getting a Series X for just over $200 assuming $500 price tag is just crazy.  I love Microsoft rewards.

#9129 Zantra  

Posted 04 July 2020 - 01:58 AM

I have no self control. Anytime that I make enough for a five dollar gift card, or a month of gold, I redeem it.

#9130 HektiK   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   327 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2020 - 04:21 AM

I had 10 bucks worth and cashed it in on an amazon card so I could get the super deluxe version of Borderlands 3 for 20 instead of 30. I’m weak.

#9131 DGenerateKane   Former Kanenite CAGiversary!   750 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

DGenerateKane

Posted 04 July 2020 - 04:25 AM

I play in first person mode so probably am not going to care about the cosmetics but I guess I might change my mind.

I am very glad I didn't start playing until they updated it so it's more of a Fallout game I am used to.

What other bugs might I come across from quest giving NPC's?

Ward can still wander away from Foundation, even though they claimed to make him stationary in patch 20 on Tuesday. He also can sometimes gets stuck in the middle of his dialogue and won't progress until you log out and back in again. An inconsequential bug I get every time I talk to him is he never finishes what he says after I turn in his quest, he always gets cut off by the rewards popping up. I don't know why they failed so hard at programming him. I haven't had any more issues with Rocksy or Wren since the last patch, so hopefully they are fixed now.

#9132 davemoseley  

davemoseley

Posted 04 July 2020 - 04:48 AM

Maybe one unexpected plus from Microsoft closing their retail stores... If they no longer have a physical presence in your state, am I correct in thinking that the Series X won't have sales tax charged if you order from their online store?

#9133 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   3639 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2020 - 05:12 AM

Maybe one unexpected plus from Microsoft closing their retail stores... If they no longer have a physical presence in your state, am I correct in thinking that the Series X won't have sales tax charged if you order from their online store?

I never could figure them out. They had a presence in my state, I have never been charged tax through their online store or Xbox store.

#9134 davemoseley  

davemoseley

Posted 04 July 2020 - 05:39 AM

I never could figure them out. They had a presence in my state, I have never been charged tax through their online store or Xbox store.

Looking back through my emails, the Xbox One S I bought in 2016 had sales tax charged - they have a physical store in the Florida Mall near me. Though, I don't get charged tax on digital purchases.

I wonder about it because Amazon never charged tax here until they started setting up warehouses.

#9135 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 04 July 2020 - 06:23 AM

Ward can still wander away from Foundation, even though they claimed to make him stationary in patch 20 on Tuesday. He also can sometimes gets stuck in the middle of his dialogue and won't progress until you log out and back in again. An inconsequential bug I get every time I talk to him is he never finishes what he says after I turn in his quest, he always gets cut off by the rewards popping up. I don't know why they failed so hard at programming him. I haven't had any more issues with Rocksy or Wren since the last patch, so hopefully they are fixed now.

I don't know any of those people are. Keep in mind I am only on level 21. I just saw some kind of Sasquatch thing level 50 over by the that place with the radio signal top something. Inside there is a door on the bottom level with lasers and a key card I can't find anywhere. Maybe I get it after I finish quest she gave me.

I wonder how the Fallout TV series is going to go. Will it be based off the newest game 76? Very interesting.

#9136 Shadow_Contact  

Shadow_Contact

Posted 04 July 2020 - 10:14 AM

I don't know any of those people are. Keep in mind I am only on level 21. I just saw some kind of Sasquatch thing level 50 over by the that place with the radio signal top something. Inside there is a door on the bottom level with lasers and a key card I can't find anywhere. Maybe I get it after I finish quest she gave me.

I wonder how the Fallout TV series is going to go. Will it be based off the newest game 76? Very interesting.

Top of the World. If you're talking about the keypad under the cabin dont worry too much about it. There are so many areas that are now pointless, Like the safe that keypad unlocks. Just stay on the gold buillon quest, That will give a chance for the best armors and some of the best weapons.

#9137 tangytangerine   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4296 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

tangytangerine

Posted 04 July 2020 - 01:30 PM

Purchased a The Witcher 3 disc only copy from AWD for $6 and curious if the Season Pass that's on sale is worth it?   I'm a couple hours into the game and liking what I've played so far.   But I'm wondering if I should grab the Season Pass that's $10 right now before it ends on Monday night?   

Also, when did the 360 version of Witcher 2 go to $2.99 on Xbox's store?  Just noticed when I was looking at the third game's DLC.  It's not listed as a sale price, so it seems to be the regular price.

#9138 adonfraz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   531 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2020 - 01:34 PM

FYI for everyone cashing out their MS reward points to preorder the XSX:

If you split the payment of your preorder between your MS balance and a debit/credit card your balance isn't charged until the XSX ships, so basically your balance would expire.

If you have the full price including tax covered with your account balance then it charges immediately.

#9139 wormycoolness  

wormycoolness

Posted 04 July 2020 - 01:45 PM

Purchased a The Witcher 3 disc only copy from AWD for $6 and curious if the Season Pass that's on sale is worth it?   I'm a couple hours into the game and liking what I've played so far.   But I'm wondering if I should grab the Season Pass that's $10 right now before it ends on Monday night?   

Also, when did the 360 version of Witcher 2 go to $2.99 on Xbox's store?  Just noticed when I was looking at the third game's DLC.  It's not listed as a sale price, so it seems to be the regular price.

I can see on TA's site that Witcher 2 is indeed on sale. I already have it, perhaps it was a Games with Gold? Ah yes it was in January 2015. 

#9140 Razzel   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   764 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2020 - 02:54 PM

If you split the payment of your preorder between your MS balance and a debit/credit card your balance isn't charged until the XSX ships, so basically your balance would expire.

If you have the full price including tax covered with your account balance then it charges immediately.

I was going to ask because that was my understanding as well.

#9141 Sielanas  

Posted 04 July 2020 - 03:21 PM

Purchased a The Witcher 3 disc only copy from AWD for $6 and curious if the Season Pass that's on sale is worth it? I'm a couple hours into the game and liking what I've played so far. But I'm wondering if I should grab the Season Pass that's $10 right now before it ends on Monday night?

Also, when did the 360 version of Witcher 2 go to $2.99 on Xbox's store? Just noticed when I was looking at the third game's DLC. It's not listed as a sale price, so it seems to be the regular price.

Remember that you must buy the pass and not the goty edition, separate save files.

And if you do cash out and end up short, buy credit to put yourself enough to make the total so you can do the whole purchase.

We've had Xbox onesies, think we get Xbox masks? Maybe some Chief and Gears designs.

#9142 bear489   My Trolliest President CAGiversary!   1036 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2020 - 04:22 PM

Happy Independence Day!

#Halofreefromtheflood

#9143 Deadpool   I club baby seals CAGiversary!   2529 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2020 - 05:51 PM

The main game if you play it leisurely is easily 100 hours. The DLC is like 30 hours. It's well worth it but it's also a lot of time to spend with 1 game. I couldn't get thru it all.

#9144 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10835 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted 04 July 2020 - 06:36 PM

I had sort of stopped caring about gamerscore since I no longer had any friends that were into it either. But then I noticed I was near a milestone that almost no gamers will hit and I actively and carefully planned out the next 250 or so points I needed to hit it. You can see the milestone in the upper left of the pic

Very nice!

#9145 jrc84  

Posted 04 July 2020 - 06:44 PM

The main game if you play it leisurely is easily 100 hours. The DLC is like 30 hours. It's well worth it but it's also a lot of time to spend with 1 game. I couldn't get thru it all.

It's a good value game for sure. I picked it up when it hit $20 new and it can be a serious time sink. Not in a grinding way but more of a rabbit hole way. I will load it up thinking I am going to knock out the campaign, then 8 hours later I haven't progressed the campaign any in lieu of doing side stuff...and had a blast with the stories and exploration.

#9146 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   3639 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2020 - 06:58 PM

Why didn't you just buy the GOTY edition digitally? You would have saved money. Please surrender your CAG card for 7 days.

#9147 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   8226 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2020 - 09:16 PM

I wonder about it because Amazon never charged tax here until they started setting up warehouses.

I am pretty sure Amazon just started collecting sales tax in all states that have sales tax a few years ago.  They were under a lot of pressure from various states to do so.   

https://en.wikipedia...thin the state.

#9148 escapism  

escapism

Posted 04 July 2020 - 09:38 PM

Must be rough having to pay less than Americans for video games when you also have to spend $0 on healthcare. Wow, Canada is so tough. I'd move if I were you.

So what you're saying is you won't accept us CAG's who live in Canada? :(

(Fyi, everyone pays for healthcare through an incom tax in my part of the country.)

#9149 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7901 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2020 - 10:21 PM

True Achievements posted an article about achievements that are related to the Fourth of July in three games.

Batman: Arkham City (360/Xbox One)

Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox One)

You Don't Know Jack (360)

https://www.trueachi...ox-achievements

#9150 RiPPn  

Posted 04 July 2020 - 11:19 PM

So the best way around this would be to buy additional Microsoft monies to insure it is charged immediately.  Thanks for the heads up.

Edit:  I thought people have said you can reset the expiration on Microsoft rewards money by putting in a preorder.  That sounds like it puts some sort of hold on the funds.  Is that not the case, and if not does that mean you could somehow still spend the rewards money which would cause the order to fail do to insufficient funds on the partial payment?