* * * - - 10 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: RDR2:SE, South Park, Division 1/2, more | Quakecon, Metro, Big Gaming | GwG: Dunk Lords, Portal Knights; MX Unleashed

#19231 Sielanas  

Posted Today, 04:35 AM

Why? They've had huge "deals" before. There was a resident evil bundle a few years ago had like seven games in it for $20, and they always seem to have some super deal on complete game bundles while the standard version is near full price. It's not far fetched that they'd do something like that with this especially when it's states specifically it's INCLUDED. False Advertising right there.

You're downloading it, just can't play. This was announced, it wasn't a surprise release.

#19232 phat_tonyca   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   238 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

phat_tonyca

Posted Today, 04:36 AM

The rewards stuff was tracking okay earlier today. It registered some kills I got for Final Fantasy but later on about 5pm EST, the servers slowed to a trickle when I tried to start downloading some EA Play games. I got an achievement in UFC4 and it didn’t count towards the punchcard but it did for today’s 50 points. Maybe it didn’t count for the punchcard because it wasn’t in the list of games it pulls up. I’m going to wait to see a day or so to see if they start tracking again.

Yeah same for me. My daily achievement was for Madden 20. Was hoping for a triple play: (daily, holiday punch card and day 1 of 12 of the days of Christmas on TA. Unfortunately, the holiday punch card didn't get credited but at least the other two worked.

#19233 praxus07  

Posted Today, 04:38 AM

The rewards stuff was tracking okay earlier today. It registered some kills I got for Final Fantasy but later on about 5pm EST, the servers slowed to a trickle when I tried to start downloading some EA Play games. I got an achievement in UFC4 and it didn’t count towards the punchcard but it did for today’s 50 points. Maybe it didn’t count for the punchcard because it wasn’t in the list of games it pulls up. I’m going to wait to see a day or so to see if they start tracking again.

I got home at 7pm, Nothing in any of the new gamepass missions registered at all for me. Tried a bunch of things, nothing registered. Just tried again, nothing registered.

#19234 praxus07  

Posted Today, 04:40 AM

You're downloading it, just can't play. This was announced, it wasn't a surprise release.

No idea what you're talking about.

#19235 Gideon68   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2833 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 04:40 AM

Why? They've had huge "deals" before. There was a resident evil bundle a few years ago had like seven games in it for $20, and they always seem to have some super deal on complete game bundles while the standard version is near full price. It's not far fetched that they'd do something like that with this especially when it's states specifically it's INCLUDED. False Advertising right there.

The Resident Evil Bundle was a discount mistake. Instead of the % discount being taken off the regular price it was taken off of the discount price, essentially getting a double discount. 

#19236 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted Today, 04:43 AM

I’m honestly surprised people really thought the full version of RDR came for $5 TBH.

Not really. Cyber Monday just happened. This is the time of the year for really good deals. If you look at that actual link, it clearly says Red Dead Redemption 2 is included in Red Dead online. So of course one would think that Red Dead 2 is included.

Doing some digging shows that it's clearly a mistake and false advertisement but it still states that regardless. I can easily see people thinking wow great deal I'm buying right now without doing any more research.

Another thought is people thinking it's a price mistake and they are buying it now before Micro fixes it.

#19237 praxus07  

Posted Today, 04:49 AM

The Resident Evil Bundle was a discount mistake. Instead of the % discount being taken off the regular price it was taken off of the discount price, essentially getting a double discount.

Mistake or not it still happened and it's why I own Any resident evil games.

#19238 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   6870 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 04:51 AM

Haven't had much time with it, but the new Series controllers feel nice. The extra little gripping on the triggers, the new weight and shape. It's not a giant leap forward, and like I said, barely any chance to use it yet, but it feels much better than the old controllers. Little details adding up.

I can't not use my OG Elite, though. The paddles have absolutely ruined me and I hate using anything that doesn't have them.
If they release an Elite update modeled after the Series controllers, going to be hard to pass on it.

#19239 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10262 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:37 AM

The LOWEST Red Dead Redemption 2 itself was on Xbox is $29.99. So yeah, $5 was too good to be true.

#19240 DGenerateKane   Former Kanenite CAGiversary!   799 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

DGenerateKane

Posted Today, 05:40 AM

Haven't had much time with it, but the new Series controllers feel nice. The extra little gripping on the triggers, the new weight and shape. It's not a giant leap forward, and like I said, barely any chance to use it yet, but it feels much better than the old controllers. Little details adding up.

I can't not use my OG Elite, though. The paddles have absolutely ruined me and I hate using anything that doesn't have them.
If they release an Elite update modeled after the Series controllers, going to be hard to pass on it.

I'm hoping they releases a Series 3 Elite with the improvements, and, you know, not botch the manufacturing process this time around like they did with the Series 2. I admit I like basically everything about the series 2 better than series 1, except for the really, REALLY dumb built in battery. Guess MS realized how stupid that was since they didn't force it on the Series controllers.

Like you I can't play without paddles now. The paddles on the Series 2 are smaller, so I've swapped them onto my Series 1, now I don't bump them whenever I set the controller down on uneven surfaces like my leg or a cat.

#19241 Gideon68   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2833 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:58 AM

A couple of the Quests updated specifically the play 10 GP games and the Hot Shot Racing completed. Tried again with Sniper and it's still not tracking. 

#19242 deszaras   Wait...what? CAGiversary!   1397 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

deszaras

Posted Today, 06:41 AM

I got home at 7pm, Nothing in any of the new gamepass missions registered at all for me. Tried a bunch of things, nothing registered. Just tried again, nothing registered.

I didn’t even try anything that would track after I had downloading anything. I don’t know if anyone else had problems downloading games but that’s when that started was when the tracking stopped. Also had some problems opening games for about 15 minutes. I had no problem streaming videos and minimal issues playing games that accessed servers so i can only surmise there was something on their end that affected Xbox performance.
Hopefully it’ll be fixed soon. Aren’t they rolling new firmware out soon?

#19243 MsMaroon  

Posted Today, 07:31 AM

logged into Gamepass app and got no points started up Hotshot Racing no points... Guess i'll have to wait till tmmrw to complete my quests

I had to finish a race before the Hotshot Racing checked off.

#19244 Sielanas  

Posted Today, 09:31 AM

No idea what you're talking about.

https://www.theverge...station-xbox-pc

I'm saying it wasn't out of the blue.