Those of you still getting into Doom Eternal, some tips:
1. Use your upgrade shards to expand ammo, at least 3/4 of the way, if not fully upgraded. You'll need it for number 2.
2. Once you get the Super Shotgun, upgrade it. Immediately. When fully upgraded, it provides health and ammo for kills. It eats ammo quickly, but using the chainsaw when you're low works just fine.
3. Focus on upgrading your grenades, too, with the suit tokens. The first one should be giving you two grenades before they recharge. Fully upgraded grenades clean house and stagger enemies they don't kill.
4. In general, mastering weapon mods is to your benefit, and the game is pretty generous with the upgrade points as long as you spend them wisely.
5. Much like Ori, exploration is rewarded, and the map marks all the secrets as you come within a few feet of them. The game wants you to find them, it's often a matter of finding the secret entrance or how to scale a structure that provides the challenge. If you don't collect crystals / batteries / suit tokens / mod upgrades / etc. you'll be worse for it. Check your map often.
I fell into a rhythm last night with the Super Shotgun and finished a Slayer Gate I assumed would just demolish me. Now my biggest concern is not playing for a week and forgetting how to do all this shit.