* * * - - 5 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: Resident Evil, Monster Hunter World, Jedi: Fallen Order, more | Square Enix, Robots | GwG: Shantae: HGH, Batman: TEW; Sonic Gen

#2191 bee01   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   541 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2020 - 12:08 AM

If you like pinball, Demon's Tilt is a pretty simple one.  I got my first 3 in that one in about 5 minutes.  Just know that there is so much happening at once that it can sometimes be hard to keep track of the ball.  So pinball.

I've never suffered an epileptic seizure but this game simulated the experience for me.

#2192 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10948 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 22 February 2020 - 12:12 AM

https://www.microsof...vot:overviewtab

Has anyone verified if it works with existing subs? My sub ends sometime in 2022 but I'll add another month for $1 if it will apply.

Are you signed in? I went to the link and I only see $14.99

Nope. Got the deal from the CAG facebook post. It shows as $1 for me.

I wasn't signed in and saw the $1 price.  When I signed in it showed me $14.99.  I have an existing GPU sub.

#2193 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7533 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2020 - 01:17 AM

Can Activision not apply updates to Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled every weekend?  I just want to play online and unlock characters.

#2194 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 22 February 2020 - 01:24 AM

I wasn't signed in and saw the $1 price. When I signed in it showed me $14.99. I have an existing GPU sub.

Oh duh. Thanks for that.

#2195 Jess Stryker   Mama Said To Knock You Out CAGiversary!   4441 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Jess Stryker

Posted 22 February 2020 - 01:27 AM

Can Activision not apply updates to Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled every weekend? I just want to play online and unlock characters.

At least as far as this weekend is concerned, yesterday started the new Grand Prix, so understandable for an update in this case.

#2196 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7533 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2020 - 01:31 AM

At least as far as this weekend is concerned, yesterday started the new Grand Prix, so understandable for an update in this case.

Yeah, but six gigabytes?

#2197 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6145 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2020 - 01:40 AM

Anybody else having issues completing your daily set on MS rewards?

There's 1 bonus for 10 pts that won't count for me. Just curious if anyone else is experiencing this. It isn't the end of the world but I'd like to not lose my streak (again) if I can help it.

Yeah the boomers won't give me my points (edit: aka the Golden Girls)

Me too. The one for Blanche won’t check as completed. I’ve tried it on several browsers. My streak...☹️

Edit: I got it to check off through the mobile app.

The broken link has been replaced with a new poll that works.  There's also a sad panda pic on the site acknowledging they're having problems.

#2198 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4410 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2020 - 02:04 AM

For anybody still needing their 3 Cheevos for the weekly, Shining Resonance refrain took about 5 minutes of tapping y.

Side note ...I don’t get this game;)

#2199 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7533 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2020 - 02:13 AM

For anybody still needing their 3 Cheevos for the weekly, Shining Resonance refrain took about 5 minutes of tapping y.

I've been playing Riverbond on Game Pass to get one a day...it's like that vitamin.

#2200 darthfracas   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   987 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

darthfracas

Posted 22 February 2020 - 03:29 AM

The broken link has been replaced with a new poll that works. There's also a sad panda pic on the site acknowledging they're having problems.

I can only assume that Hans Christian Anderson is beating Kipling 2 to 1 in that new poll is because of Frozen

#2201 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10948 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 22 February 2020 - 04:56 AM

I'm a big fan of the Shining games from back in the day on Sega Genesis, but this latest game is sadly far from its origins...

#2202 dennisb407   Brickseek DN Banned   6245 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2020 - 05:24 AM

Destiny 2 news

https://mp1st.com/ne...s-and-lots-more

#2203 evful   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   702 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2020 - 05:25 AM

I did a quick search and didn't see this posted anywhere. The Ultimate Danger Bundle is on sale this week for $19.19. (Store Link) This is the bundle that includes all the "Danger" games. Dangerous Golf, Danger Zone 1 & 2, and Dangerous Driving. This price is less than three dollars more than the lowest price on Dangerous Driving alone that I know of.

#2204 Sielanas  

Posted 22 February 2020 - 01:24 PM

I did a quick search and didn't see this posted anywhere. The Ultimate Danger Bundle is on sale this week for $19.19. (Store Link) This is the bundle that includes all the "Danger" games. Dangerous Golf, Danger Zone 1 & 2, and Dangerous Driving. This price is less than three dollars more than the lowest price on Dangerous Driving alone that I know of.

I saw this somewhere the other day, didn't realize it was an extra sale. This is a nice price for all of that. Definitely put them on your fastest drive.

#2205 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4358 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 22 February 2020 - 02:12 PM

Looks like Doom 64 is only going to be $5 rather than the $10 we were guessing. Keep that in if you were factoring it in for pre-order consideration of Eternal. I'll probably hold off and just buy it separately unless it's packed into the box.

https://www.nintendo...doom-64-switch/

#2206 Ryuukishi   My ambitionz az a Ryder CAGiversary!   11299 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2020 - 03:04 PM

I'm a big fan of the Shining games from back in the day on Sega Genesis, but this latest game is sadly far from its origins...

Yeah, it comes off like a poor man's Tales game... I still might stick with it for a while, not like we have a ton of other JRPG options on Xbox.

#2207 defgufman   Carl Stucky...pleased to meet you! CAGiversary!   1216 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2020 - 04:12 PM

Doom 64 f**k yeah take my $$s

#2208 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1130 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2020 - 05:40 PM

As someone who’s never played Doom 64, I’m a little confused about why everyone is so excited for it. I always thought it was just Doom 1 on N64. Somebody set me straight

#2209 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   2887 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 22 February 2020 - 05:50 PM

As someone who’s never played Doom 64, I’m a little confused about why everyone is so excited for it. I always thought it was just Doom 1 on N64. Somebody set me straight

Nope! Doom 64 was developed from the ground up for the N64 by Midway in consultation with John Carmack, and is sometimes considered to be the real Doom 3 as its a direct sequel to Doom II. Not a port of anything, 32 unique levels.

"But there's another version we also recommend checking out - Doom 64, one of the finest technological achievements for Nintendo 64, arriving within days of the staggeringly bad Saturn game. Doom 64 was developed by Aaron Seeler Productions and Aaron worked alongside John Carmack in building the hardware renderer used for the game. Remarkably, this makes Doom 64 the first 3D accelerated conversion of Doom. It takes full advantage of the N64 hardware, enabling effects and techniques never seen before in the Doom engine. It runs at 320x240 and, unlike other versions, operates at a rock solid, locked 30 frames per second.

This is the most fluid console conversion of Doom ever released, and taps into the N64's bespoke technology, supporting bilinear texture filtering and introduces effects such as fog, moving skies, advanced lighting and higher colour depth. It also features a brand new selection of maps crafted specifically for this version: these are tough, well-made maps that channel everything that makes Doom great. This version is an essential buy for Doom fans - it's basically a full-on hardware accelerated sequel to Doom 2 and as such, stands apart from all other ports."

It's never been officially re-released, so the new port is kind of a big deal for completionists and series fans.

#2210 LoganDX   Five by Five, B CAGiversary!   1774 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2020 - 06:36 PM

Did anybody have the third step in the Rewards set be solely focused on the Being App searches instead of just any Bing searches?

#2211 Deadpool   I club baby seals CAGiversary!   2487 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2020 - 06:46 PM

Anybody else having issues completing your daily set on MS rewards?

There's 1 bonus for 10 pts that won't count for me. Just curious if anyone else is experiencing this. It isn't the end of the world but I'd like to not lose my streak (again) if I can help it.

I lost my 86 week streak because my daily poll wouldn't track. I don't want to start over...

#2212 Gideon68   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2583 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2020 - 07:59 PM

Did anybody have the third step in the Rewards set be solely focused on the Being App searches instead of just any Bing searches?

Yes, it cycles through ever few weeks.

#2213 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10948 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 22 February 2020 - 08:35 PM

The community is in an uproar about this, but I haven't seen anyone mention the positive changes for Auto Rifles, Fusion Rifles, and Shotguns in there.  But then again the community has been getting simmering hot over the last few months anyway so who am I to stand in the way of them boiling over...

#2214 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   2976 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 22 February 2020 - 08:43 PM

Looks like Doom 64 is only going to be $5 rather than the $10 we were guessing. Keep that in if you were factoring it in for pre-order consideration of Eternal. I'll probably hold off and just buy it separately unless it's packed into the box.

https://www.nintendo...doom-64-switch/

For $5 in 99.9999% sure I’m buying.

Love that cag now says the link to Nintendo isn’t trusted lol.

#2215 gorgo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   917 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2020 - 08:45 PM

Nope! Doom 64 was developed from the ground up for the N64 by Midway in consultation with John Carmack, and is sometimes considered to be the real Doom 3 as its a direct sequel to Doom II. Not a port of anything, 32 unique levels.

It's never been officially re-released, so the new port is kind of a big deal for completionists and series fans.

Thanks, I also had no idea why it was desirable.

#2216 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9697 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2020 - 09:09 PM

Thanks to everyone planning to buy Doom 64. Looking forward to your support bringing it to Game Pass!

#2217 Count Van Ghoul   Past The Mission CAGiversary!   1154 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Count Van Ghoul

Posted 22 February 2020 - 10:08 PM

I lost my 86 week streak because my daily poll wouldn't track. I don't want to start over...

#2218 Sir Loinsteak   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   470 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Sir Loinsteak

Posted 23 February 2020 - 12:41 AM

Can anyone recommend a good turn based RPG? Super extra bonus points for being on game pass or being dirt cheap.

#2219 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4358 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 23 February 2020 - 01:12 AM

Can anyone recommend a good turn based RPG? Super extra bonus points for being on game pass or being dirt cheap.

"Good" on GamePass:

• Costume Quest 2
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Wasteland 2

It's pretty slim pickings really, only really Operencia on the list otherwise and I didn't think it was very good.

Currently free through GWG on a Japanese page: Revenant Dogma. I don't know if it's good but it is free.

There isn't really anything turn-based on sale right now, unless you stretch your definition for the Dragon Age games.

If we go past dirt cheap I'd say Final Fantasy games 7, 8, and 9 are all around $20 or less and are probably a safe bet, but are all coming to GP soon. Valkyria Chronicles 1 and 4 are both good, but they're closer to XCOM than RPG. 1 is $20 or on PC Game Pass, and 4 is one sale for $15 currently.

Ys Origin ($8) and Tales of Versperia HD ($20) are both part of the anime sale, but are action RPGs.

Former GWG you might already own doesn't add much:

Earthlock

Lost Odyessy

#2220 Sir Loinsteak   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   470 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Sir Loinsteak

Posted 23 February 2020 - 01:41 AM

"Good" on GamePass:

• Costume Quest 2
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Wasteland 2

It's pretty slim pickings really, only really Operencia on the list otherwise and I didn't think it was very good.

Currently free through GWG on a Japanese page: Revenant Dogma. I don't know if it's good but it is free.

There isn't really anything turn-based on sale right now, unless you stretch your definition for the Dragon Age games.

If we go past dirt cheap I'd say Final Fantasy games 7, 8, and 9 are all around $20 or less and are probably a safe bet, but are all coming to GP soon. Valkyria Chronicles 1 and 4 are both good, but they're closer to XCOM than RPG. 1 is $20 or on PC Game Pass, and 4 is one sale for $15 currently.

Ys Origin ($8) and Tales of Versperia HD ($20) are both part of the anime sale, but are action RPGs.

Former GWG you might already own doesn't add much:

Earthlock

Lost Odyessy

Thanks for the great response. I'm waiting on the Final Fantasy games to hit game pass and that is what has me itching to play a turn based RPG. Costume Quest is the ideal type of game I am looking for but I already played through it twice. I didn't like Earthlock but will have to look into Lost Odyssey. 

I thought Pillars of Eternity and Wasteland were more like strategy games but it sounds like I'll have to check out some videos. Thanks Six!