- - - - -

Cyberpunk 2077 Xbox One X $300

#271 aircobra   Banned Banned   3802 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2020 - 06:47 PM

I have to think they were imagining more people actually playing this game on this console than the way it looks currently. Can anyone think of another LE that suffered a similar fate?

I can't remember the last LE console releasing 3 months before a game launches, let alone almost 6 months now that the game was delayed again. Most are out the same time or a couple weeks prior to release.

#272 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 20 June 2020 - 09:42 PM

I finally sold my black One X and hooked up the Cyberpunk console. I'm surprised that I have to do a system update. 3 steps total. Cool little sound when you turn it on. I also thought it was cool that it comes with a turquoise colored HDMI cable. It also comes with a stand which I will never use.

#273 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23553 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2020 - 11:20 PM

I can't remember the last LE console releasing 3 months before a game launches, let alone almost 6 months now that the game was delayed again. Most are out the same time or a couple weeks prior to release.

Part of me still thinks this is intentional for two reasons: 1) they can prob clear our some X1Xs for a decent profit still and 2) they're gonna release a Cyberpunk 2077 SX when they officially release the game on XS/PS5 (like I get the X1X copy will work on XS, but I'd thinking they're going to release an official 'next gen' copy). 

#274 SlaughterX   Teh Killer CAGiversary!   1405 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2020 - 12:16 AM

I don't think they will make a LE console at launch, they are going to sell out regardless.

#275 aircobra   Banned Banned   3802 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2020 - 12:54 AM

Part of me still thinks this is intentional for two reasons: 1) they can prob clear our some X1Xs for a decent profit still and 2) they're gonna release a Cyberpunk 2077 SX when they officially release the game on XS/PS5 (like I get the X1X copy will work on XS, but I'd thinking they're going to release an official 'next gen' copy).

I don’t think so. They did this LE because the game was originally scheduled to come out April or May. Then the game got delayed to September and they had no choice but to release it because they weren’t going to release a 1X so close to the Series X. Then the game gets delayed again to November (which I think has more to do with the console launches). They’ve also never released a LE at launch of a new generation. And add on the pandemic that is going to cause a shortage.

#276 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 21 June 2020 - 01:56 AM

I am liking the controller. The back texture of the handles is nice and I like how no future feels like it was actually carved and not just spray painted on. I'm pretty impressed overall with this console. Thanks to the OP and everyone else that gave updates of when and where it was in stock. Oh and like another user already stated, you don't have to redeem the Cyberpunk game. I only redeemed the free month of Ultimate to extend my membership but you can choose the later option for the game if you don't want it. Whenever I do sell the digital copy, it will be ready to redeem on that account.

#277 J_Freeze757  

J_Freeze757

Posted 21 June 2020 - 03:02 AM

I remeber seeing this post like 2 weeks ago.. Everywhere was sold out and still is seems only if I ever get one is through  ebay...

#278 breakingcustoms   To The Max! CAGiversary!   2899 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

breakingcustoms

Posted 22 June 2020 - 02:00 PM

I'm in the same boat. I have a few links I check daily and nothing. I'm not expecting much but it looks like I missed this deal

I remeber seeing this post like 2 weeks ago.. Everywhere was sold out and still is seems only if I ever get one is through ebay...

#279 SlaughterX   Teh Killer CAGiversary!   1405 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2020 - 08:11 PM

Most of the ebay auctions are going close to what the original MSRP was...

#280 Youngnoble   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1523 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Youngnoble

Posted 22 June 2020 - 08:24 PM

The time to buy on eBay is now if you really want one. There isn't going to be a restock. The number of listings is going down quick. The price also raised back up to 399.99 if you check sites like bestbuy if they do happen to restock a few.

#281 Mr. Anderson   spends too much time here CAGiversary!   9067 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Mr. Anderson

Posted 23 June 2020 - 02:13 AM

Just reiterating this as it's 100% true. Get 'em while they're hot boys!

#282 aircobra   Banned Banned   3802 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2020 - 03:58 AM

I have an extra bundle one (with controller and figure or controller and 2TB LE drive). Can sell for cost plus shipping.

#283 IAMSAM34  

Posted 23 June 2020 - 04:43 AM

I see $440 and up.

#284 Youngnoble   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1523 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Youngnoble

Posted 23 June 2020 - 05:54 AM

I see $440 and up.

399.99 plus tax would be the original MSRP. The $299 price is over

#285 Irukandji   Lurking and Twerking CAGiversary!   1381 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2020 - 12:47 PM

I sold my second one at cost to a fellow cag the other day. *toots horn*

#286 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14845 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2020 - 06:14 PM

How much do we think these will be worth on the open market used but complete with game already redeemed by October/November? $300 still or less?

#287 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   2789 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2020 - 06:55 PM

How much do we think these will be worth on the open market used but complete with game already redeemed by October/November? $300 still or less?

Difficult to project with series X consoles timing & pricing TBD.

#288 SlaughterX   Teh Killer CAGiversary!   1405 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2020 - 11:31 AM

I think it will hold out for $300 at least because it's a LE... hell stand alone UHD players are still around $250 and that's with out DV support in most cases.

#289 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3636 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2020 - 02:52 PM

I think it will hold out for $300 at least because it's a LE... hell stand alone UHD players are still around $250 and that's with out DV support in most cases.

There is no way that the system doesn't go up in value. Cyberpunk is going to be a huge brand after the game release as they have an anime launching in 2 years. At this stage I could see a PS5 or XSX get a branded console for the inevitable expansion but if the Xbox One console stays the only Cyberpunk one or ends up the best of the bunch I see it at minimum staying above MSRP.

#290 bradbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1131 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2020 - 02:56 PM

If this is anything near Witcher 3 success this guy will be a hot ticket.

#291 jonathansmith369   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   163 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

jonathansmith369

Posted 26 June 2020 - 04:27 PM

There is no way that the system doesn't go up in value. Cyberpunk is going to be a huge brand after the game release as they have an anime launching in 2 years. At this stage I could see a PS5 or XSX get a branded console for the inevitable expansion but if the Xbox One console stays the only Cyberpunk one or ends up the best of the bunch I see it at minimum staying above MSRP.

I would be kind of curious how the value fares on this one. Microsoft is fully on board with backwards compatibility for now, so that usually depresses the market for the old systems (even LE ones) when the new ones can do all the same stuff plus more.

A cyberpunk X should always be worth more than a regular X, but I don't think it will ever be more than whatever price the new series X arrives at. The game itself was delayed until several months after the system and then there is the oddity that there will be an advanced series X version of the game in the future so this system won't even be the best way to play it's own game.

I didn't get in on this system so I'll be occasionally checking prices on it to snag one if the market ever falls out on it.

#292 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   2789 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2020 - 05:01 PM

and then there is the oddity that there will be an advanced series X version of the game in the future so this system won't even be the best way to play it's own game.

I didn't get in on this system so I'll be occasionally checking prices on it to snag one if the market ever falls out on it.

I believe the dev announced digital owners of the 1x version will get the next gen version free, so there's that.

Honestly the biggest market fallout you will see is probably right now with resellers trying to shed consoles that aren't moving.

#293 jonathansmith369   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   163 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

jonathansmith369

Posted 26 June 2020 - 05:25 PM

I believe the dev announced digital owners of the 1x version will get the next gen version free, so there's that.

Honestly the biggest market fallout you will see is probably right now with resellers trying to shed consoles that aren't moving.

Yeah the eBay listings aren't ending crazy high that I could grab one if I really wanted. Not willing to overpay too much as I had it in my cart before it sold out and had a chance to overpay for the GameStop bundles already. I'll hold out for close to the original price or else roll the unspent funds into grabbing a series X earlier. It's hard to feel bad about missing out on it this close to next gen.

#294 DiaperDandee   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   318 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

DiaperDandee

Posted 26 June 2020 - 05:48 PM

I’d bet the physical owners for both systems (Series X and PS5) will get the upgraded versions as well since the systems will play the disc based versions of the game. Or at least I’m hoping so as this looks like a game that I could easily double dip on.

#295 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3636 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2020 - 06:32 PM

Yeah the eBay listings aren't ending crazy high that I could grab one if I really wanted. Not willing to overpay too much as I had it in my cart before it sold out and had a chance to overpay for the GameStop bundles already. I'll hold out for close to the original price or else roll the unspent funds into grabbing a series X earlier. It's hard to feel bad about missing out on it this close to next gen.

I think it could ultimately sit around the $400 mark for reasons you mentioned (folks ready to move to next gen, impending obsolescence, etc.). I think it will also come down to availability over time if there really was a more limited run of the system. It means for most people if they really wanted one it wouldn't be a ridiculous purchase.

#296 Youngnoble   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1523 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Youngnoble

Posted 26 June 2020 - 06:43 PM

Current number of listings is 287 on eBay, was 337 2 days ago. Most of those sellers had multiple consoles for sale. The price is going to go up.

#297 Smallville123   CAGetmedown! CAGiversary!   605 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Smallville123

Posted 26 June 2020 - 07:21 PM

I would not but a current gen console with the new one right around the corner.

#298 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 26 June 2020 - 07:27 PM

I would not but a current gen console with the new one right around the corner.

People are buying current gen consoles because they still are mostly staying at home and have nothing else to do. Both next gen consoles have not even gotten a release date yet but are probably coming out in November. Do you really expect people to wait 5 months before buying a video game system? You think everyone is just going to keep playing their 360 or PS3 or Wii? Older systems? You might not buy a current gen but 5 months is not exactly right around the corner. I see no problem with someone getting a Switch, or PS4 or Xbox One right now. You probably already have a current gen system so of course you wouldn't buy one. If someone doesn't have one and they don't want to wait 5 months for a MORE expensive system, why shouldn't they buy a cheaper one with hundreds of games they can be playing right now?

#299 jrc84  

Posted 26 June 2020 - 08:14 PM

People are buying current gen consoles because they still are mostly staying at home and have nothing else to do. Both next gen consoles have not even gotten a release date yet but are probably coming out in November. Do you really expect people to wait 5 months before buying a video game system? You think everyone is just going to keep playing their 360 or PS3 or Wii? Older systems? You might not buy a current gen but 5 months is not exactly right around the corner. I see no problem with someone getting a Switch, or PS4 or Xbox One right now. You probably already have a current gen system so of course you wouldn't buy one. If someone doesn't have one and they don't want to wait 5 months for a MORE expensive system, why shouldn't they buy a cheaper one with hundreds of games they can be playing right now?

I kind of figure MS will flood the market with cheap 1Xs so they can push GP hard...makes sense to get hardware in as many households as possible and market it as the most affordable 4k bd player or something...get people subscribing and investing in digital content on their platform until they can push xcloud as the hardware alternative, etc.

#300 Dranakin   Member Since Oct 2003 CAGiversary!   2962 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2020 - 01:24 AM

I had one in my cart at Microsoft the night it went live at $300. Ordered then immediately canceled. I also recently canceled my Animal Crossing Switch that was waiting for me at Best Buy.

I just make terrible decisions.