Cyberpunk 2077 Xbox One X $300

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad it sold out... I never collected systems and don't want to start now, though I will admit this was definitely one of the cooler ones. The only system I wish I could have gotten is the PS1 style PS4 but oh well. 

Didn't stop the PS4 from selling out upon release... but how do you know the price?
those SSD's just keep going up in price, it is kind of the perfect storm right now for rising production costs. i kinda wish they would just wait a year, probably be able to release a much better console and price it cheaper. components prices have just been crazy high.

those SSD's just keep going up in price, it is kind of the perfect storm right now for rising production costs. i kinda wish they would just wait a year, probably be able to release a much better console and price it cheaper. components prices have just been crazy high.
Too late for them to do that. But this is also the price you pay for releasing consoles in the first place. Once it is released, it is usually outdated (and definitely outdated within a year). And console manufacturers aren't subject to consumer prices for components, as they buy in bulk and usually they're specifically designed for the console. Both consoles are already set how much they've cost Sony and MS to make, there is no going back at this point. I'd be surprised if either system ends up costing us less than $500 (will be curious how flexible MS is able to be and if they undercut Sony, while being able to afford to take a bigger loss on each sold).

gahh do I want this system but I already have a one and a one x. Good price factoring $300  - game price cus I'd be buying that anyway but still. $240 for another system I don't need when I know I'll be buying Series X so soon.... ughhhh what to do.

gahh do I want this system but I already have a one and a one x. Good price factoring $300 - game price cus I'd be buying that anyway but still. $240 for another system I don't need when I know I'll be buying Series X so soon.... ughhhh what to do.
Well, unless you’re willing to pay over $500 it’s sold out everywhere so I don’t think it matters...

Glad it sold out... I never collected systems and don't want to start now, though I will admit this was definitely one of the cooler ones. The only system I wish I could have gotten is the PS1 style PS4 but oh well.
I managed to get a 20th anniversary ps4:) Sat unopened in my closet for a few years and then I decided to sell it. I was very curious what # I had but will never know because I forgot to ask the buyer. I am just going to assume it was #420.

How is the digital game + dlc provided in this bundle?  At first I assumed it was just a packed-in microsoft code on a card.  But all the "direct to console" language has me thinking it may be different.

Last edited by a moderator:
How is the digital game + dlc provided in this bundle? At first I assumed it was just a packed-in microsoft code on a card. But all the "direct to console" language has me thinking it may be different.
"During the Setup Process for your new console, the content and service offers attached to the console will appear to redeem. Click “Claim it” to redeem each item. Once redeemed, your content can be found in your digital library under My Games & Apps. You can also redeem any item at a later date if you so choose.

Disclaimer: All included digital content will be attached to the first Microsoft Account that redeems it."

Finally got a chat going with a Target agent. They didn't want to recognize the Microsoft store and the other places were out of stock. Though apparently Bestbuy was showing in stock when they checked and matched that.

I'm sure they're already locked in the pricing on all the components...

Also I ment to say PS3 not 4
the time they would have been locking in prices in when they started going up, right around the initial outbreak and subsequent shutdown in china. they shop up pretty dramatically too.

also, if you really think price didnt affect ps3 sales at launch, they were 5 million behind the 360 when they launched it grew to 8 million, and the ps3 never outsold the 360 until the price dropped.

I would have bought this today. I’m passed I missed it. Has Best Buy been going in and out of stock still? Both amazon and Best Buy get stock because of CC declines.

Did anyone that bought super early Friday morning (midnight hours) from MS Store get a shipping notification yet? Have order confirmation but no shipping notification and if it's supposed to arrive on Wed. I figured it would have shipped by now.

Did anyone that bought super early Friday morning (midnight hours) from MS Store get a shipping notification yet? Have order confirmation but no shipping notification and if it's supposed to arrive on Wed. I figured it would have shipped by now.
They usually ship consoles the day before scheduled delivery with expedited shipping which is the free default. I've bought probably 5 limited edition consoles from them this gen and it's always the same. I'm on the west coast though, so don't know if that makes a difference as they ship out of Ontario, California I believe.

I was the one who posted the Microsoft Store and ordered the night before and havnt received any shipping notifications yet

They usually ship consoles the day before scheduled delivery with expedited shipping which is the free default. I've bought probably 5 limited edition consoles from them this gen and it's always the same. I'm on the west coast though, so don't know if that makes a difference as they ship out of Ontario, California I believe.
I was the one who posted the Microsoft Store and ordered the night before and havnt received any shipping notifications yet
Thanks, just curious as this was my first time buying from the MS Store directly plus wondering about shipping with the current situation.

That's cray... mine is still in Utah so I won't be so lucky. Not like it does anything thag my current 1X doesn't do anyway, but still.

I was two hours too late. Just gotta watch early morning I think (fuck off scalpers).
Is Walmart the only store it is popping back in stock? I was hoping I wouldn't get a chance to buy this but I don't have a 1X yet...would have rather got in on the $200 ones from MS store.

You have to admit, it is kind of hilarious seeing this console sit all the way up until a day before release, just to immediately sell out once they dropped the price $100, only for it to resell for hundreds above retail.

I am glad that I ended up ordering two, I had planned on canceling my Wal-mart order after the Best Buy link went up because I get 6 mo no int with my BB card, but I thought I had plenty of time to do so because the game isn't coming out until September... then I got a shipping email and realized thr console was coming out first. I'd be lying is I said I wasn't going to sell the other system to maximize my savings on my own personal one. Definitely makes buying another X1X so close to next gen a much easier pill to swallow.

To be fair, the console was literally up for hours before it sold out. It was put up at around 10:00 pm pst and wasn’t completely gone until about 8:00 am the next day. So I think the majority of people complaining right now are those that thought they would have days to buy it, realized it is truly a limited system, and are now blaming scalpers for their lack of awareness.

To be fair, the console was literally up for hours before it sold out. It was put up at around 10:00 pm pst and wasn’t completely gone until about 8:00 am the next day. So I think the majority of people complaining right now are those that thought they would have days to buy it, realized it is truly a limited system, and are now blaming scalpers for their lack of awareness.
Lack of awareness? Literally no one knew it was releasing until it did. And randomly releasing something, that they knew had such a limited stock, at midnight PDT, is idiotic to say the least.

Guess people really don't do their research, it was literally stated by every media outlet a month ago that this system will only have 45000 units produced, that's less than the Playstation 500 million edition. I saw the reddit post about this when it was first put up for sale, someone said he thinks this was a dumb release by Microsoft and it will probably just sit on store shelves for months since Xbox series X is coming out at the end of the year, he really has no concept of the market for limited edition items. Then saw the same person crying about not pulling the trigger afterwards lol.

I didn't see it on gaming news sites or anything that day. So yeah it came out of nowhere. Pissed I didnt look here but i was working. Definitely would have bought one.

Guess people really don't do their research, it was literally stated by every media outlet a month ago that this system will only have 45000 units produced, that's less than the Playstation 500 million edition. I saw the reddit post about this when it was first put up for sale, someone said he thinks this was a dumb release by Microsoft and it will probably just sit on store shelves for months since Xbox series X is coming out at the end of the year, he really has no concept of the market for limited edition items. Then saw the same person crying about not pulling the trigger afterwards lol.
That doesn't mean people didn't do their research. It literally dropped out of nowhere. Most sites have had the product listing up since it was first announced, but there was never a release date. The number of units produce doesn't mean shit, when the launch was handled poorly. Give people at least a days notice if you're going to release it in the middle of the night.

I'd like to get one but am always too late to order online. No way I am paying scalper prices. I'll try to be diligent to get one before it goes out of stock if it's even available again.

That doesn't mean people didn't do their research. It literally dropped out of nowhere. Most sites have had the product listing up since it was first announced, but there was never a release date. The number of units produce doesn't mean shit, when the launch was handled poorly. Give people at least a days notice if you're going to release it in the middle of the night.
Honestly if they announced when its gonna go on sale, most people probably would have even less of a chance to get it. When Sony announced the exact time the Playstation 500 million edition was gonna go on sale. Scalpers literally was able to set up bots on every retailers website and it sold out instantly on most sites, with vast majority gone to bots. This random drop actually took both fans and scalpers by surprise but alot more fans were able to get it this way. Sure some people are pissed they missed it but it was honestly the better way imo. The Playstation 500 million console was literally a shitshow when it was put up for sale!!!

Yeah, and when consoles are given a release date, they literally sell out within minutes because of bots and a bunch of people are still complaining. Remember the 500 million ps4?

Bottom line is, we were told it would be released in June. I had notifications with keyword “cyber” on every deal site starting May 31st. If someone REALLY wanted this system, they had plenty enough time to properly prepare, and buy it. Stop whining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back