Cyberpunk 2077 Xbox One X $300

Status
Not open for further replies.
The time to buy on eBay is now if you really want one. There isn't going to be a restock. The number of listings is going down quick. The price also raised back up to 399.99 if you check sites like bestbuy if they do happen to restock a few.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an extra bundle one (with controller and figure or controller and 2TB LE drive). Can sell for cost plus shipping.

How much do we think these will be worth on the open market used but complete with game already redeemed by October/November? $300 still or less?

I think it will hold out for $300 at least because it's a LE... hell stand alone UHD players are still around $250 and that's with out DV support in most cases.

I think it will hold out for $300 at least because it's a LE... hell stand alone UHD players are still around $250 and that's with out DV support in most cases.
There is no way that the system doesn't go up in value. Cyberpunk is going to be a huge brand after the game release as they have an anime launching in 2 years. At this stage I could see a PS5 or XSX get a branded console for the inevitable expansion but if the Xbox One console stays the only Cyberpunk one or ends up the best of the bunch I see it at minimum staying above MSRP.

There is no way that the system doesn't go up in value. Cyberpunk is going to be a huge brand after the game release as they have an anime launching in 2 years. At this stage I could see a PS5 or XSX get a branded console for the inevitable expansion but if the Xbox One console stays the only Cyberpunk one or ends up the best of the bunch I see it at minimum staying above MSRP.
I would be kind of curious how the value fares on this one. Microsoft is fully on board with backwards compatibility for now, so that usually depresses the market for the old systems (even LE ones) when the new ones can do all the same stuff plus more.

A cyberpunk X should always be worth more than a regular X, but I don't think it will ever be more than whatever price the new series X arrives at. The game itself was delayed until several months after the system and then there is the oddity that there will be an advanced series X version of the game in the future so this system won't even be the best way to play it's own game.

I didn't get in on this system so I'll be occasionally checking prices on it to snag one if the market ever falls out on it.

and then there is the oddity that there will be an advanced series X version of the game in the future so this system won't even be the best way to play it's own game.

I didn't get in on this system so I'll be occasionally checking prices on it to snag one if the market ever falls out on it.
I believe the dev announced digital owners of the 1x version will get the next gen version free, so there's that.

Honestly the biggest market fallout you will see is probably right now with resellers trying to shed consoles that aren't moving.

Too bad there won't be a VR version of CP2077. From looking at the preview, it looks like it would have been a fun VR experience.

I believe the dev announced digital owners of the 1x version will get the next gen version free, so there's that.

Honestly the biggest market fallout you will see is probably right now with resellers trying to shed consoles that aren't moving.
Yeah the eBay listings aren't ending crazy high that I could grab one if I really wanted. Not willing to overpay too much as I had it in my cart before it sold out and had a chance to overpay for the GameStop bundles already. I'll hold out for close to the original price or else roll the unspent funds into grabbing a series X earlier. It's hard to feel bad about missing out on it this close to next gen.

I’d bet the physical owners for both systems (Series X and PS5) will get the upgraded versions as well since the systems will play the disc based versions of the game. Or at least I’m hoping so as this looks like a game that I could easily double dip on.

Yeah the eBay listings aren't ending crazy high that I could grab one if I really wanted. Not willing to overpay too much as I had it in my cart before it sold out and had a chance to overpay for the GameStop bundles already. I'll hold out for close to the original price or else roll the unspent funds into grabbing a series X earlier. It's hard to feel bad about missing out on it this close to next gen.
I think it could ultimately sit around the $400 mark for reasons you mentioned (folks ready to move to next gen, impending obsolescence, etc.). I think it will also come down to availability over time if there really was a more limited run of the system. It means for most people if they really wanted one it wouldn't be a ridiculous purchase.

Current number of listings is 287 on eBay, was 337 2 days ago. Most of those sellers had multiple consoles for sale. The price is going to go up.

I would not but a current gen console with the new one right around the corner.
People are buying current gen consoles because they still are mostly staying at home and have nothing else to do. Both next gen consoles have not even gotten a release date yet but are probably coming out in November. Do you really expect people to wait 5 months before buying a video game system? You think everyone is just going to keep playing their 360 or PS3 or Wii? Older systems? You might not buy a current gen but 5 months is not exactly right around the corner. I see no problem with someone getting a Switch, or PS4 or Xbox One right now. You probably already have a current gen system so of course you wouldn't buy one. If someone doesn't have one and they don't want to wait 5 months for a MORE expensive system, why shouldn't they buy a cheaper one with hundreds of games they can be playing right now?

People are buying current gen consoles because they still are mostly staying at home and have nothing else to do. Both next gen consoles have not even gotten a release date yet but are probably coming out in November. Do you really expect people to wait 5 months before buying a video game system? You think everyone is just going to keep playing their 360 or PS3 or Wii? Older systems? You might not buy a current gen but 5 months is not exactly right around the corner. I see no problem with someone getting a Switch, or PS4 or Xbox One right now. You probably already have a current gen system so of course you wouldn't buy one. If someone doesn't have one and they don't want to wait 5 months for a MORE expensive system, why shouldn't they buy a cheaper one with hundreds of games they can be playing right now?
I kind of figure MS will flood the market with cheap 1Xs so they can push GP hard...makes sense to get hardware in as many households as possible and market it as the most affordable 4k bd player or something...get people subscribing and investing in digital content on their platform until they can push xcloud as the hardware alternative, etc.

I had one in my cart at Microsoft the night it went live at $300. Ordered then immediately canceled. I also recently canceled my Animal Crossing Switch that was waiting for me at Best Buy.

I just make terrible decisions.

I had one in my cart at Microsoft the night it went live at $300. Ordered then immediately canceled. I also recently canceled my Animal Crossing Switch that was waiting for me at Best Buy.

I just make terrible decisions.
Was it something other than a money issue?
I only opened my Cyberpunk console after I sold my black One X. Took me a week to get what I wanted for it. If I wasn't able to pay for the Cyberpunk bundle with my One X, I would have sold it instead. I still need to sell the figure and Direct delivery game. I'll actually end up making money on it.

I never thought about getting an animal crossing Switch although if I did it would just be to sell it for a profit. I like to think the majority of the ones purchased went to people that actually kept them.

Anyway, my point is if it was a money issue, it's better to have that extra $600 for bills or things more important than video game consoles. Not Everyone likes to post an ad on OfferUp or Craigslist and then meet someone and sell it for a profit or send it through the mail off eBay or whatever.

Was it something other than a money issue?
I only opened my Cyberpunk console after I sold my black One X. Took me a week to get what I wanted for it. If I wasn't able to pay for the Cyberpunk bundle with my One X, I would have sold it instead. I still need to sell the figure and Direct delivery game. I'll actually end up making money on it.

I never thought about getting an animal crossing Switch although if I did it would just be to sell it for a profit. I like to think the majority of the ones purchased went to people that actually kept them.

Anyway, my point is if it was a money issue, it's better to have that extra $600 for bills or things more important than video game consoles. Not Everyone likes to post an ad on OfferUp or Craigslist and then meet someone and sell it for a profit or send it through the mail off eBay or whatever.
Money is always an issue, but besides that: I t was half wanting to keep both consoles when I don’t really need them and half reselling but not having enough time to do so. I figure I just save myself the headache thinking about if I really should have bought it and instead live with the regret of missing out, haha.

I was finally able to score one the other night off Facebook Marketplace. Found a guy selling a system for $425, so it was basically existing pricing plus tax. He even provided a copy of the receipt.

I was finally able to score one the other night off Facebook Marketplace. Found a guy selling a system for $425, so it was basically existing pricing plus tax. He even provided a copy of the receipt.
So assuming he bought it when Gamestop had it for $299, he probably was charged like 30 bucks in tax so he made around a hundred bucks selling it to you. I haven't been keeping track of what the consoles are going for now but cool you were finally able to get one. I still have the game and figure that I'm going to sell.

So assuming he bought it when Gamestop had it for $299, he probably was charged like 30 bucks in tax so he made around a hundred bucks selling it to you. I haven't been keeping track of what the consoles are going for now but cool you were finally able to get one. I still have the game and figure that I'm going to sell.
Yeah he ordered it June 5, so he made a little profit and I ended up paying what I would at retail anyways. There are still a ton in my area going for $500+.

Yeah he ordered it June 5, so he made a little profit and I ended up paying what I would at retail anyways. There are still a ton in my area going for $500+.
Not a bad deal. He could have pulled a GameStop and bundled some other crap with it and sold it for more. Exclusive random person bundle includes 10 limited edition artwork scribbles I made while waiting for cyberpunk to release - MSRP $899.

I just wish the next gen pricing would get announced soon so I know how bad of a mistake I made not getting this when it was still available.

Not a bad deal. He could have pulled a GameStop and bundled some other crap with it and sold it for more. Exclusive random person bundle includes 10 limited edition artwork scribbles I made while waiting for cyberpunk to release - MSRP $899.

I just wish the next gen pricing would get announced soon so I know how bad of a mistake I made not getting this when it was still available.
Guy was in his late 60s, early 70s and got it from Walmart. He was listed as $599 for weeks before dropping probably because the demand was so low.

And I felt the same way, I have an 8 month old Gears 5 system and felt like I’d kick myself for not getting this one. I’ll probably sell the Gears system as we get closer to Series X.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guy was in his late 60s, early 70s and got it from Walmart. He was listed as $599 for weeks before dropping probably because the demand was so low.

And I felt the same way, I have an 8 month old Gears 5 system and felt like I’d kick myself for not getting this one. I’ll probably sell the Gears system as we get closer to Series X.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Damn, a 70 year old man hustling consoles. You know the interest rate has to be bad when it comes to this.

Well guys, I think this thread has run its course. Congrats to everyone who was able to scoop one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back