Cyberpunk 2077 Xbox One X $300

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still can't believe Microsoft priced the Cyberpunk console at $299, crazy considering I just sold my regular black Xbox One X for $270 yesterday (just the console too with no controller included). They could've easily still sell out all the Cyberpunk consoles at $399. It might not sell ot in less than a day, but it probably would've been all gone in a few days to a week tops.
I imagine it's because the Series X Lite will be at a $300 price point as well and they don't want too many salty buyers?
That or the Xbone X will just end up being rebranded to the Series X Lite.

If anyone is wondering, the one month of game pass ultimate stacks with current game pass ultimate subscriptions.

Was able to pick mine up from Best Buy yesterday. For anyone who hasn’t scanned the QR code on the back of the controller you should do so. It’s nothing mind blowing, but it is a cool little inclusion.

My Target order came by mail yesterday. This console is gorgeous! I paid $400 but got Target to price match Best buy for $300. 10 min phone call with Target CS = $100 savings. Yes sir!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon shipped my console in its original box which wouldn't be a problem if it didnt arrive with one side smashed in... 
Luckily their service is still pretty good and the CS rep says they'll gave me 20% back. 

My Target order came by mail yesterday. This console is gorgeous! I paid $400 but got Target to price match Best buy for $300. 10 min phone call with Target CS = $100 savings. Yes sir!!
I had the chance to buy it from target but the chat person refused to honor the $100 off deal, even though EVERY major competitor of theirs had dropped the price. Good job to you!

Amazon shipped my console in its original box which wouldn't be a problem if it didnt arrive with one side smashed in...
Luckily their service is still pretty good and the CS rep says they'll gave me 20% back.
WTF...great, now I'm going to be paranoid all day until this things arrives. Do you mind posting a picture of how bad the damage was? Understand if you'd rather not, but that's not cool at all...

This console is popping out in ebay by the droves haha. Wish I was able to score one but missed it and out of stock everywhere.

Ordered mine from the Microsoft store. It arrived yesterday in a box that could have easily fit two systems, and the extra space was packed to the gills with air bags so the box is as mint as it can be. 

Ordered mine from the Microsoft store. It arrived yesterday in a box that could have easily fit two systems, and the extra space was packed to the gills with air bags so the box is as mint as it can be.
I odered from MS Store as well, but mine looks like someone took a sledgehammer to the top of the box. Outer box didnt look bad though...

That $389 bundle on gamestop is back up.
Thanks for this. I was finally able to buy it. Strange thing is I was able to add it to my cart yesterday but was sold out by the time I went to check out. I left it in my cart and gamestop removed it so I had to add it again.

I use them, there legit. Read the cash back terms though. You won't get 5 percent for console purchases.
I usually use rakuten or swagbucks. I signed up with befrugal to buy the Cyberpunk console. I think Rakuten gives 1% back on new consoles and befrugal only .83% but I am getting a $10 welcome so it was better to use befrugal. The website says they have a best cashback guarantee which is cool so I can see which place has the best cashback for new consoles and have them match it. How long do you have to wait to get your cashback? Rakuten only pays every couple of months. Swagbucks can take up to 32 days to add the money to your account.

Raise.com has 5% cash back on GS gift cards, and I've been using them for a long time.
Yet another one of these money saving sites. Hard to keep track of all of them. From my research, there really isn't a best one to always shop with. It really depends on what store and what you're buying. I think they all have pros and cons. I didn't really have too much time to spend trying to find the best deal when buying this Cyberpunk console. I needed to buy it before it went out of stock again.

Got mine today from Best Buy and two seals on top are open. Anybody else's like this? It seems like everything is in the box.
Mine arrived with two whole seals placed on two cut seals, but it seems like this is the case for all of the Cyberpunk X1X regardless of retailer.

I remember reading about the ones in Europe also being like that. No one seems to have a clue why they were cut and resealed.

Mine arrived with two whole seals placed on two cut seals, but it seems like this is the case for all of the Cyberpunk X1X regardless of retailer.

I remember reading about the ones in Europe also being like that. No one seems to have a clue why they were cut and resealed.
Mine was not resealed. Just cut seals on top. But it has everything inside. Makes me feel better that they were all like that. But like everyone else, I wonder why?

I had the chance to buy it from target but the chat person refused to honor the $100 off deal, even though EVERY major competitor of theirs had dropped the price. Good job to you!
Try a different chat rep or try calling. It's $100 bro- it's worth the effort.

My amazon order just arrived, looks like it came in the original shipping box from M$ (perfect fit for the console, with some weird green markings on the sides).  Console box inside was in near-perfect condition, save for a little bit of a crushed corner, but hardly noticeable.

Can confirm the double stickers, as everyone else has previously mentioned. 

Ended up buying the $390 bundle. Wish I saw the hard drive bundle though since I don’t have any interest in the figurine. Should be here Monday 

Ended up buying the $390 bundle. Wish I saw the hard drive bundle though since I don’t have any interest in the figurine. Should be here Monday
You do realize it was $449 compared to the $389 you spent correct? They were essentially charging $80 for the 2TB HDD which go for around $60 but don't look as cool. It is was worth it to then okay but you can always sell the figure. That's what I am going to do. I am sure I can get like $15 for it in a couple months when the game launches.

You do realize it was $449 compared to the $389 you spent correct? They were essentially charging $80 for the 2TB HDD which go for around $60 but don't look as cool. It is was worth it to then okay but you can always sell the figure. That's what I am going to do. I am sure I can get like $15 for it in a couple months when the game launches.
Yep! I wanted the hard drive for the design even with the markup. So the $450 would be my more desired bundle. I'll end up selling the figurine as well.

Yep! I wanted the hard drive for the design even with the markup. So the $450 would be my more desired bundle. I'll end up selling the figurine as well.
Well then keep looking to see if that bundle goes back in stock. The bundle we bought was in stock yesterday and I just missed it and obviously came back in stock this morning.

I live in MD and I have a buddy who lives in FL that was lucky enough to order one of these from Best Buy. He's a PS guy, and the release is too close for the PS5 so he's shipping it to me. #BonerJamz03

This just pisses me off. Why do companies have to price gouge? Leave it at $299 line it was everywhere else.
Agree...but it's sold out now and the website and it says they had it at $299...did they drop the price between now and then?

Edit: Nevermind, i was on the Newegg website...my bad.

Ugh, so tempting. I probably will get a PS5 instead XBX. Has MS indicated what kind of development they intend to keep doing? I'm too old to remember if most AAA development moves over in a year or if it's usually two.
Are you talking about like games? If so they made AAA games for 360 and xbox one for like 3 or 4 years after x1 release.

I'm still waiting for my GameStop console bundle to ship but there seems to have been many chances to get this limited edition console which is really cool.

I'm still waiting for my GameStop console bundle to ship but there seems to have been many chances to get this limited edition console which is really cool.
I just ordered. Seems like it will still be quite rare but I'll try to recoup by selling my S, the extra controller, and the digital copy of the game. Should hopefully get the upgrade cost around $150.

I just ordered. Seems like it will still be quite rare but I'll try to recoup by selling my S, the extra controller, and the digital copy of the game. Should hopefully get the upgrade cost around $150.
Honestly, any of these limited edition consoles eventually ends up being a rare collectible. Just look at the Gears Xbox One X. It was widely available when it first released and you can just walk into a retail store to get it back then. But now, the value is similar to this Cyberpunk Console. Although them announcing only 45k cyberpunk consoles made is pretty cool.

You can't sell the digital copy of the game. You must not have been paying attention. It's a direct to download meaning that right when you log into your Cyberpunk system, that gamertag becomes the one that gets the game when it releases. The only way you can sell off the game is if you let the seller be the first gamertag to log into your new Cyberpunk console. They can then log off and you can log in and they will be able to download the game when it releases.

You can't sell the digital copy of the game. You must not have been paying attention. It's a direct to download meaning that right when you log into your Cyberpunk system, that gamertag becomes the one that gets the game when it releases. The only way you can sell off the game is if you let the seller be the first gamertag to log into your new Cyberpunk console. They can then log off and you can log in and they will be able to download the game when it releases.
Almost, but not quite. You have the OPTION to redeem with the first tag that logs in, during set up. You can skip redeeming it with that tag though. Then down the road you can redeem with a different tag. Your point about them needing to log in is still 100% valid, although perhaps he or she plans to sell to a close friend or family member? That would make their thought a valid one...

Almost, but not quite. You have the OPTION to redeem with the first tag that logs in, during set up. You can skip redeeming it with that tag though. Then down the road you can redeem with a different tag. Your point about them needing to log in is still 100% valid, although perhaps he or she plans to sell to a close friend or family member? That would make their thought a valid one...
Okay so if he wants to sell the digital game, he still needs that person buying it to sign into HIS Cyberpunk console with their gamertag correct? Doesn't have to be the first gamertag to sign it but a gamertag needs to redeem the game on the CP console correct?

I would also like to sell the game so whenever gamestop delivers the console, I would just skip with my gamertag and then when it's released, I would have to bring my console to the person I am selling it to or have them come to my place and they then log in with their gamertag and it will ask them if they want to redeem the code? Or do I log out and they log in and then it automatically goes to their account?

Pretty confusing but I will worry about that months down the road. Good to know that I don't need to redeem the game. Thanks for the info. I was merely clarifying with that poster when they mentioned selling the game code. It's not a code. I wonder if this will be the normal from now on.

Okay so if he wants to sell the digital game, he still needs that person buying it to sign into HIS Cyberpunk console with their gamertag correct? Doesn't have to be the first gamertag to sign it but a gamertag needs to redeem the game on the CP console correct?
I would also like to sell the game so whenever gamestop delivers the console, I would just skip with my gamertag and then when it's released, I would have to bring my console to the person I am selling it to or have them come to my place and they then log in with their gamertag and it will ask them if they want to redeem the code? Or do I log out and they log in and then it automatically goes to their account?
Pretty confusing but I will worry about that months down the road. Good to know that I don't need to redeem the game. Thanks for the info. I was merely clarifying with that poster when they mentioned selling the game code. It's not a code. I wonder if this will be the normal from now on.
This does appear to be how they're gonna do it from now on. Post setup there will be a page in the system settings for content included with the console. You can go there to redeem with any tag signed in. So you would log in as them, go to that page, and redeem it. Technically no one would have to travel anywhere as long as you two trusted each other enough to give out a username and password. Thats why I suggested if it were a close friend or family member, etc.

Glad I could help clarify. Theres a whole article on the ms website for anyone wanting to read more:

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/consoles/digital-direct?ranMID=24542&ranEAID=VZfI20jEa0c&ranSiteID=VZfI20jEa0c-XX5MVwf0xKSVCNcfbW2CFA&epi=VZfI20jEa0c-XX5MVwf0xKSVCNcfbW2CFA&irgwc=1&OCID=AID2000142_aff_7593_1243925&tduid=(ir__maidblyhskkfr3eckk0sohzi2v2xn6wlasr1fbuk00)(7593)(1243925)(VZfI20jEa0c-XX5MVwf0xKSVCNcfbW2CFA)()&irclickid=_maidblyhskkfr3eckk0sohzi2v2xn6wlasr1fbuk00

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back