- - - - -

Cyberpunk 2077 Xbox One X $300

#301 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 27 June 2020 - 03:17 AM

I had one in my cart at Microsoft the night it went live at $300. Ordered then immediately canceled. I also recently canceled my Animal Crossing Switch that was waiting for me at Best Buy.

I just make terrible decisions.

Was it something other than a money issue?
I only opened my Cyberpunk console after I sold my black One X. Took me a week to get what I wanted for it. If I wasn't able to pay for the Cyberpunk bundle with my One X, I would have sold it instead. I still need to sell the figure and Direct delivery game. I'll actually end up making money on it.

I never thought about getting an animal crossing Switch although if I did it would just be to sell it for a profit. I like to think the majority of the ones purchased went to people that actually kept them.

Anyway, my point is if it was a money issue, it's better to have that extra $600 for bills or things more important than video game consoles. Not Everyone likes to post an ad on OfferUp or Craigslist and then meet someone and sell it for a profit or send it through the mail off eBay or whatever.

#302 Dranakin   Member Since Oct 2003 CAGiversary!   2960 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2020 - 06:02 AM

Was it something other than a money issue?
I only opened my Cyberpunk console after I sold my black One X. Took me a week to get what I wanted for it. If I wasn't able to pay for the Cyberpunk bundle with my One X, I would have sold it instead. I still need to sell the figure and Direct delivery game. I'll actually end up making money on it.

I never thought about getting an animal crossing Switch although if I did it would just be to sell it for a profit. I like to think the majority of the ones purchased went to people that actually kept them.

Anyway, my point is if it was a money issue, it's better to have that extra $600 for bills or things more important than video game consoles. Not Everyone likes to post an ad on OfferUp or Craigslist and then meet someone and sell it for a profit or send it through the mail off eBay or whatever.

Money is always an issue, but besides that: I t was half wanting to keep both consoles when I don’t really need them and half reselling but not having enough time to do so. I figure I just save myself the headache thinking about if I really should have bought it and instead live with the regret of missing out, haha.

#303 SlaughterX   Teh Killer CAGiversary!   1399 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2020 - 06:32 AM

Lol

#304 breakingcustoms   To The Max! CAGiversary!   2876 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

breakingcustoms

Posted 02 July 2020 - 01:08 AM

I was finally able to score one the other night off Facebook Marketplace. Found a guy selling a system for $425, so it was basically existing pricing plus tax. He even provided a copy of the receipt.

#305 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 02 July 2020 - 07:24 AM

I was finally able to score one the other night off Facebook Marketplace. Found a guy selling a system for $425, so it was basically existing pricing plus tax. He even provided a copy of the receipt.

So assuming he bought it when Gamestop had it for $299, he probably was charged like 30 bucks in tax so he made around a hundred bucks selling it to you. I haven't been keeping track of what the consoles are going for now but cool you were finally able to get one. I still have the game and figure that I'm going to sell.

#306 breakingcustoms   To The Max! CAGiversary!   2876 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

breakingcustoms

Posted 02 July 2020 - 12:12 PM

So assuming he bought it when Gamestop had it for $299, he probably was charged like 30 bucks in tax so he made around a hundred bucks selling it to you. I haven't been keeping track of what the consoles are going for now but cool you were finally able to get one. I still have the game and figure that I'm going to sell.

Yeah he ordered it June 5, so he made a little profit and I ended up paying what I would at retail anyways. There are still a ton in my area going for $500+.

#307 jonathansmith369   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   145 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

jonathansmith369

Posted 02 July 2020 - 02:57 PM

Yeah he ordered it June 5, so he made a little profit and I ended up paying what I would at retail anyways. There are still a ton in my area going for $500+.

Not a bad deal. He could have pulled a GameStop and bundled some other crap with it and sold it for more. Exclusive random person bundle includes 10 limited edition artwork scribbles I made while waiting for cyberpunk to release - MSRP $899.

I just wish the next gen pricing would get announced soon so I know how bad of a mistake I made not getting this when it was still available.

#308 breakingcustoms   To The Max! CAGiversary!   2876 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

breakingcustoms

Posted 02 July 2020 - 03:07 PM

Not a bad deal. He could have pulled a GameStop and bundled some other crap with it and sold it for more. Exclusive random person bundle includes 10 limited edition artwork scribbles I made while waiting for cyberpunk to release - MSRP $899.

I just wish the next gen pricing would get announced soon so I know how bad of a mistake I made not getting this when it was still available.

Guy was in his late 60s, early 70s and got it from Walmart. He was listed as $599 for weeks before dropping probably because the demand was so low.

And I felt the same way, I have an 8 month old Gears 5 system and felt like I’d kick myself for not getting this one. I’ll probably sell the Gears system as we get closer to Series X.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#309 IGN  

Posted 02 July 2020 - 03:24 PM

Guy was in his late 60s, early 70s and got it from Walmart. He was listed as $599 for weeks before dropping probably because the demand was so low.

And I felt the same way, I have an 8 month old Gears 5 system and felt like I’d kick myself for not getting this one. I’ll probably sell the Gears system as we get closer to Series X.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn, a 70 year old man hustling  consoles. You know the interest rate has to be bad when it comes to this.

#310 SlaughterX   Teh Killer CAGiversary!   1399 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2020 - 01:46 PM

Well guys, I think this thread has run its course. Congrats to everyone who was able to scoop one!