Xbox Series S - $299.99

Amazon

Best Buy

GameStop

Microsoft Store

Target

Walmart

Wario64 wrote on Twitter:

some numbers I heard for GameStop per-store allocations for Xbox Series preorders:
Series X - 6-12 per store
Series S - 2-4 per store— Wario64 (@Wario64) September 21, 2020

Stores may also have a Microsoft financing program available called XBox All Access: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access#findaretailer

Last edited by a moderator:
Xbox Series X @ $34.99/month for 24 months = $839.76

Xbox Series S @ $24.99/month for 24 months = $599.76

Both include 24 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate

The 24 months of GPU is a code (included in the service plan/receipt) from what I understand and unusable until you are at minimum under 1 year left on your current subscription. Keep that in mind before accepting the terms, because you're paying almost full retail for 2 years of GPU with no possibility for discounts. For reference, a month of GPU can be had for as low as $7.50 when on sale from various sites. If a payment plan supports your financial situation, by all means. If you're able to pay cash, that will be the ultimate savings tomorrow.

The 24 months of GPU is a code (included in the service plan/receipt) from what I understand and unusable until you are at minimum under 1 year left on your current subscription. Keep that in mind before accepting the terms, because you're paying almost full retail for 2 years of GPU with no possibility for discounts. For reference, a month of GPU can be had for as low as $7.50 when on sale from various sites. If a payment plan supports your financial situation, by all means. If you're able to pay cash, that will be the ultimate savings tomorrow.
Thanks for letting me know. I'd do XBox All Access and I may still try it. However, I have heard that the people who have gotten approved so far in the past, for the older systems, had a credit rating of 680+.

You’re better off fighting online than going into store. Most GameStop’s in my area got 6 in total. So unless you’re about to go stand in line, get ready to refresh websites.

if anyone gets an XSX preorder, i might trade them straight up for my PS5 499 preorder.     ; )         (if i am unable to procure XSX)

Thanks for letting me know. I'd do XBox All Access and I may still try it. However, I have heard that the people who have gotten approved so far in the past, for the older systems, had a credit rating of 680+.
As the old saying goes "the only thing [that] beats a can't is a try." In the case of trying to pre-order a XSX through All Access (for me), I'm tapping out. I'll just start saving up to buy it some time next year.

Edit: Grammar correction.

About a week before PS3 released i was going into a Best Buy and there was a couple sitting in camping chairs near the front doors. As i left the store i asked what they were doing and they said were waiting for PS3. I thought about it decided to use my vacation time and came back to BB later that day with my camping gear. Within a few days we had 20 tents in a row that snaked around the side. I can still remember the oddness of taking tokes inside a tent and then stepping out to the view of a huge parking lot filled with cars and customers looking at us a bizarrely. BB was the best, they had a port-a-potty brought in, bought us pizzas one nite and donuts on one morning, gave us Geek Squad Tshirts. When we weren't in our tents we'd sit inside on a couch they had for Guitar Hero and play that game for hours. I was one of the few out of the 20 people who camped out that planned on keeping the console but in the end i ended up selling it on eBay for $1900.00 after seeing previous listings were averaging 2k!

And i still laugh to this day thinking about the store manager coming out one morning to tell us to stop filling up their garbage cans with empty beer bottles or on the final morning how 2 Asian Ladies showed up and cut in line (little did they know that BB had already given us special tickets a few days prior). The look on their faces when they got to the cash register and were asked for their tickets was priceless!

This Bethesda news is probably going to make it a lot harder to get a XSX now. I hope I can snag one tomorrow.
Well GPU is also on PC so not everyone hearing the news will be racing to get one. It will definitely up the interest though.

Wario64 wrote on Twitter:

8 AM PT, 10 AM Central Time, 11 AM Eastern Time.

Stores may also have a Microsoft financing program available called XBox All Access: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access#findaretailer
At least with GS anyone wanting to do XBox All Access has to do it through GS dot com instead of in store, but since we all know how bad GS's website will crap the bed tomorrow, I would recommend doing it through XBox's own site instead.

I was reading over the terms:

"Your 24-month Xbox Game Pass Ultimate membership is delivered directly to your console during set-up and is available in Settings; no codes required."

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/legal/XboxAllAccessTerms

You’re better off fighting online than going into store. Most GameStop’s in my area got 6 in total. So unless you’re about to go stand in line, get ready to refresh websites.
My plan is to goto my GameStop at 7am. With my Switch and just sit there peacefully playing a game. Then I have no worries about a website crash. Each store has a set amount for those in line.

My plan is to goto my GameStop at 7am. With my Switch and just sit there peacefully playing a game. Then I have no worries about a website crash. Each store has a set amount for those in line.
Good luck, I hope you get one. I know one guy was sitting outside the GameStop I went to today. Don’t forget, employees are also going to take first dibs too.

Be prepared to buy a bundle, some other people have mentioned that their stores told them that they are only selling the Xbox Series X/S in bundle form.

I think I’m gonna try this too. Worst comes to worst there’s already people there and I head home early

Be prepared to buy a bundle, some other people have mentioned that their stores told them that they are only selling the Xbox Series X/S in bundle form.
Makes sense since there’s no profit in the console. But still a shitty thing to do because there’s always some thing you don’t want or need in that bundle.

Good luck, I hope you get one. I know one guy was sitting outside the GameStop I went to today. Don’t forget, employees are also going to take first dibs too.
Seriously lol? If I got at 7am and they are all gone, I’ll just head home and try online. Not sitting over night lol. Just.... no lol

saw this on ebay for a $799 series x:

This console is estimated to hit shelves early as November 27st, this is a preorder confirmation, so if you want hit the watch this item or make the payment.This guarantees you a console.

once you preorder you will recieve it at least 20 of december due to disponibity
yeah, seems legit.

Odd they try to use disponibility, which is a really obscure way of saying availability, yet misspell it. Definitely legit, ordered one.
What’s crazy is that I found that description on two different sellers. One of a sold item. Someone is getting ripped off!

Not sure whether I should go line up in front of a store at like 8am or wait till online goes live and not even leave the house.... 

Not sure whether I should go line up in front of a store at like 8am or wait till online goes live and not even leave the house....
I'm guessing you aren't on the west coast? I am, so I will just try online first (I prefer it, since I have Xbox credit on my account to cover the preorder). My only issue is being locked into MS store.

I'm guessing you aren't on the west coast? I am, so I will just try online first (I prefer it, since I have Xbox credit on my account to cover the preorder). My only issue is being locked into MS store.
Im in the midwest. GS stores open here at the exact same time when online drops. crap timing...

Central here. We open at preorder start. Which is fine. They posted outside how many they have. Just go check. If a line beat you, go home and do it online. 

Realistically, I think few of us here will be able to compete with the scalper bots, right?...unless we get very lucky. I'm reading that sites will sell out possibly in seconds, probably from Bot automatic sales, though that seems crazy. Certainly they'll all be gone within a couple of minutes. I'm hoping my pessimism is wrong. Best bet is probably to be in line at a GameStop or something similar. Complete crapshoot online.

If you preorder from Best Buy they have a deal where you save $10 on a controller, $15 off a 3 month Game Pass Ultimate, or $25 off both if you add them to the console.  

I actually have a break from work from 10-12 today and could make a quick run, but I’m going to assume that I don’t feel like dealing with the line by the time I get there at 10:30 or so. I’ll try my luck online and dry my tears with my PS5 preorder receipt if I can’t get one.

Realistically, I think few of us here will be able to compete with the scalper bots, right?...unless we get very lucky. I'm reading that sites will sell out possibly in seconds, probably from Bot automatic sales, though that seems crazy. Certainly they'll all be gone within a couple of minutes. I'm hoping my pessimism is wrong. Best bet is probably to be in line at a GameStop or something similar. Complete crapshoot online.
You're crying in the rain, paley.

Maybe Khans kill people without looking them in the face, but I ain't a fink, dig? You've made your last preorder, kid. Sorry you got twisted up in this scene. From where you're kneeling it must seem like an 18-carat run of bad luck.

But, truth is... the game was rigged from the start.

I don't see why it would be any different from PS5. I think their fair share will get some and they'll pop up every few days for a minute or two at different retailers.

preorder allotments im seeing at gamestops are pathetically low. anyone who wants series s in particular are out of luck in person, theres like 2 per store????

same plan with Playstation digital it seems, probably a cost sink, make none available and just have bullet points $299 or $399

I can see Series S getting on the floor in regular stores in November if there is really any kind of shopping season this year 

I haven't been inside a Gamestop in a long time lol. Are they taking pre orders in store (or any retailer?) And if so, how much do they as to put down as a deposit? I will have the funds for the next gen consoles come launch day but im a bit short changed now. Which is why Amazon is my best bet. Does Wal Mart, Best Buy and Target charge full price at the time of pre order?

So the UK still have the Series X in stock with Microsoft an hour and a half after going live... That bodes well for us looking to use our Bing Rewards.

After the PS5 debacle, and the Mario pins mishap, I'm looking forward to being disappointed at 8am.

I haven't been inside a Gamestop in a long time lol. Are they taking pre orders in store (or any retailer?) And if so, how much do they as to put down as a deposit? I will have the funds for the next gen consoles come launch day but im a bit short changed now. Which is why Amazon is my best bet. Does Wal Mart, Best Buy and Target charge full price at the time of pre order?
I was able to get PS5 approximately 30 minutes after they unexpectedly went live at my local Gamestop. I was able to put down a sizeable amount of trade credit, but the minimum was either $50 or $55.

What I'm seeing is that all access consoles will be a different page than the normal purchase pages that everyone has saved.  I'm bookmarking the series x search page and refreshing that.

bread's done
Back