Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Deal

3 months is $22.99 at best buy
Oh crap wish I had seen this first! Anyway, I ordered the Target deal. I don't even need it - just planning to top off my 2 1/2 years with it. But I still don't have the code. The Nintendo online membership codes came almost instantly from Target.

I am at 2 years right now I am going to bump it up to 3.   GPU is amazing.  with the flight simulator free it almost pays for itself.  

will be 19.99 physical only on BF one day
I grabbed one of the digital codes from Best Buy. Supposedly, GameStop will be selling these three-month cards for $19.99 (limit one) on Black Friday. As much as I despise GameStop, I plan to use my monthly $5 reward from my Pro membership on one more three-month card to get it down to $15. Or at least that's the plan.

I grabbed one of the digital codes from Best Buy. Supposedly, GameStop will be selling these three-month cards for $19.99 (limit one) on Black Friday. As much as I despise GameStop, I plan to use my monthly $5 reward from my Pro membership on one more three-month card to get it down to $15. Or at least that's the plan.
Hi there, I got my pro subscription today. Do u have any idea when will the monthly $5 reward be sent? Like in a day or a week?

Hi there, I got my pro subscription today. Do u have any idea when will the monthly $5 reward be sent? Like in a day or a week?
In most cases, they can find the $5 reward on your account when you go into the store. The $5 rewards can't be used online on digital subscriptions that I'm aware of. Like I said, I avoid GameStop like the plague, so I'm not really sure. But my goal is to get in and out of there on Black Friday without them trying to upsell me something that I don't really need.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was ready to buy the 3 month GPU for $23 at BB but heard about the EA to GPU conversion. I bought 2 EA Access subscriptions from Shop To for about $44 and immediately received my codes. They were converted to 8 months. So about $5.50/month. Just another option for current GPU subscribers.

I was ready to buy the 3 month GPU for $23 at BB but heard about the EA to GPU conversion. I bought 2 EA Access subscriptions from Shop To for about $44 and immediately received my codes. They were converted to 8 months. So about $5.50/month. Just another option for current GPU subscribers.
I believe that only applies to purchases on the shop and not prepaid cards though correct? I'm also screwed as I had Origin Access renew (forgot to cancel in time) for my PC which apparently will not convert.

To the post above: I’m not sure but I don’t see why entering a prepaid EA access code via card would be any different. Once Xbox recognized the code and that you’re a current GOU subscriber, it will prompt you that 12 months of EA will be converted to 4 months of GPU.

To the post above: I’m not sure but I don’t see why entering a prepaid EA access code via card would be any different. Once Xbox recognized the code and that you’re a current GOU subscriber, it will prompt you that 12 months of EA will be converted to 4 months of GPU.
I was just going by Major Nelson's tweet on this a few months ago as well as XBox Game Pass' twitter post.

They specifically say purchased through XBox. Hoping that is not the case (not really sure), but just checking before anyone goes out to try and buy a prepaid card.

Maybe they just meant redeemed or purchased through XBox (to excluded PS and Origin on PC)...not really sure....

EA Play members who purchased EA Play through Xbox and join Xbox Game Pass Ultimate will have their EA Play membership automatically canceled and any remaining time will be rounded up and converted to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, we'll have more to share before EA Play arrives!

Is there a reason to get this instead of letting your subscription run out, buying a few years of Xbox gold and upgrading it for $15 (if you already used the $1 offer)?

Is there a reason to get this instead of letting your subscription run out, buying a few years of Xbox gold and upgrading it for $15 (if you already used the $1 offer)?
This is my wonder too. But will there be any 12 month cards and $1 upgrade in 1-2 years.

Just throwing this out here but I had a hell of a time trying to buy a 1 year EA sub to add to my GPU account through Microsoft. I think there's a bug that won't let the transaction complete if the

EA subscription length > (3 years - GPU duration)

When it should really be (EA subscription length)/4

Oh crap wish I had seen this first! Anyway, I ordered the Target deal. I don't even need it - just planning to top off my 2 1/2 years with it. But I still don't have the code. The Nintendo online membership codes came almost instantly from Target.
Perhaps you can have the match the price? They price match all sorts of online retailers.

I believe that only applies to purchases on the shop and not prepaid cards though correct? I'm also screwed as I had Origin Access renew (forgot to cancel in time) for my PC which apparently will not convert.
I think i did 2 year for ea pass on cdkey and 1 year on xbox store, all converted perfectly

I assumed this wouldn't work once you upgraded the first time. Surely someone out there must have tried this though?

Are they still doing the 1:1 conversion for pre-existing Xbox Gold memberships?
It did for me when I signed up for the first time a few weeks back. Got my 2 1/2 years of Gold converted to GPU.

Perhaps you can have the match the price? They price match all sorts of online retailers.
Eh, perhaps. But I'm not sure I want to hassle with Target over $6. Maybe I'll fire off a quick email to see if they'll do it and leave it at that.

Edit: well, gave them a call and they price matched it pretty easily. Thanks for the push!

OK Xbox Game Pass Ultimate pros.  I want to get my son set up with 3 years for as cheap as possible.

I'm giving him my old Xbox One (since I scored a Series X).  He lives away from home now and I already have another son gamesharing my games.  So I just want to set him up with his own Gold -> GPU conversion.

What's the cheapest way to do this?  I can get a 2 year Xbox Live Gold code from Costco for $95.  That's how I boosted mine up before converting for $1 a few weeks back.  I know I can also go to CD Keys but they are nearly $60 now for just one year (I had gotten a year of Gold from there back in April for $37).

If I go with the $55 from Costco for the 3rd year my total is $150 for the 3 years.  I guess I'm seeing some way maybe to get EA Access cards for cheap?  He isn't signed up for anything at the moment and I don't want to make it too complicated ;).

Should I just get 3 years of EA Play from CD Keys for $26.59 each?  Will that actually work?  SO much cheaper than buying Gold memberships!  Do I need to sign him up somehow, or can I redeem these on the XBox and then upgrade to GPU for the $1 and be all set?  Or does EA Play not convert at 100% like Gold does?? (I know after the fact, both convert at a lesser rate - but I wasn't sure about that initial conversion).

Something else I wanted to point out.  When I redeemed the code from Target, it actually gave me 4 months.  It said I got an extra month for changing to auto-renewal.  And I verified that it actually worked.  Before I added the code I was set to expire in June (2023).  But when I added the code it went to October.  Have no idea if they will take the month back if I turn off auto-renewal, but at this point I can just keep it on till I redeem another code in a few months.  I got one of the physical cards from Best Buy and will add it when I have 4 months less than 3 years.

Something else I wanted to point out. When I redeemed the code from Target, it actually gave me 4 months. It said I got an extra month for changing to auto-renewal. And I verified that it actually worked. Before I added the code I was set to expire in June (2023). But when I added the code it went to October. Have no idea if they will take the month back if I turn off auto-renewal, but at this point I can just keep it on till I redeem another code in a few months. I got one of the physical cards from Best Buy and will add it when I have 4 months less than 3 years.
Nah, they don't do take-backs so the method is to turn it off, add time and turn back on for the extra month ad naseum. Seems to only work for newer subs because I could never replicate that deal anymore on my account through various attempts while adding time nowadays. I'm solid for 3 years though thanks to the EA Play glitch that was fixed.

Explain please? ;)
It's the same promo as turning a year of EA Play into 4 months, only during the eve of that whole conversion process for existing accounts the code redemption themselves were adding an entire year of GPU instead of the four months. Many of us that had sat on adding any time were able to add two years of GPU for basically $2/mo. It was a steal.

It's the same promo as turning a year of EA Play into 4 months, only during the eve of that whole conversion process for existing accounts the code redemption themselves were adding an entire year of GPU instead of the four months. Many of us that had sat on adding any time were able to add two years of GPU for basically $2/mo. It was a steal.
Does the initial conversion of EA Play turn into a full year, though, or is it done at the lesser rate? Just wondering for my son's account that isn't GPU yet. If so obviously I'd go that way. If not, I can get 3 years of Gold from Costco for $150 which prices out to $4.17 a month for GPU. Still pretty good.

This FAQ makes me think even the initial conversion (now at least) is done at the lesser rate:

----------------------

EA Play members who join Xbox Game Pass Ultimate will have their EA Play subscription on Xbox automatically canceled, and any remaining time will be rounded up and converted to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate based on the following table:

EA Play months remaining -> Approximate Ultimate time given

12 months -> 4 months
----------------------
(I had to delete most of the table as it didn't copy into the post well)

Does the initial conversion of EA Play turn into a full year, though, or is it done at the lesser rate? Just wondering for my son's account that isn't GPU yet. If so obviously I'd go that way. If not, I can get 3 years of Gold from Costco for $150 which prices out to $4.17 a month for GPU. Still pretty good.

This FAQ makes me think even the initial conversion (now at least) is done at the lesser rate:

----------------------

EA Play members who join Xbox Game Pass Ultimate will have their EA Play subscription on Xbox automatically canceled, and any remaining time will be rounded up and converted to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate based on the following table:

EA Play months remaining -> Approximate Ultimate time given

12 months -> 4 months
----------------------
(I had to delete most of the table as it didn't copy into the post well)
Nope, just 4 months as advertised is the best you'll get from a year.

OK Xbox Game Pass Ultimate pros. I want to get my son set up with 3 years for as cheap as possible.
Since your son still has that $1 offer, you'd probably be best to do the Cost Co 2 year offer, along with a ~$60 Gold Subscription card. Right now 3-Months at around $20-25 or more depending on tax makes a year of Game Pass higher than $60 for a year of Gold to Game Pass swap. The same is true with EA Pass' changing to 4 months of Game Pass. So your Cost Co option is keeping you under $180 for 3 years, which these sales likely aren't beating.

But, considering how aggressive Microsoft is being with the start of this generation, and that the holiday spending is just beginning, you might be better to wait and see how things progress in December. Maybe they'll have more sales on Game Pass as Christmas gets closer. Microsoft really seem to be pushing the value of that, and it seems like in prior years Black Friday sales were either repeated or even better with select retailers as the weeks moved in December.

And with how this year has been, it seems like some of these retailers absolutely will be fighting for revenue and need to have competitive pricing to grab consumers.

Basically, for your son nothing is beating the Gold to Game Pass conversion. Unless in December some serious offers come to the 6-Month or Year subscriptions to Game Pass, I don't think a first timer can beat the $1 conversion (especially for 3 years). But if you're doing this as a Christmas gift, it wouldn't hurt to wait and see if anything comes along that somehow (unlikely) beats your Gold to Game Pass option.

Also, your son might get that 1 month extension when redeeming a Gold card, which would cause a problem for trying to load 3 years before switching it to Game Pass. He might need to wait a month with Gold active before adding the remaining code (either the 1 year or 2 year left over code) and then redeeming the $1 offer..

I remember someone in the XBL thread posted that they were able to do the $1 GPU conversion a 2nd time after their GPU lapsed. This was a couple months ago but I’m hoping it still works. My GPU sub ends in 8 days and I have 2 years of gold from MS Rewards waiting to be converted.

Thank you for posting this! The night of the switch over I kept trying to buy a year of EA but it wouldn't add to my account and kept refunding me. I was trying to top up and had like 2 years and 2 months at the time. *This* is why it wouldn't process. It *was* trying to add a year.

I remember someone in the XBL thread posted that they were able to do the $1 GPU conversion a 2nd time after their GPU lapsed. This was a couple months ago but I’m hoping it still works. My GPU sub ends in 8 days and I have 2 years of gold from MS Rewards waiting to be converted.
Please keep us posted.

Please keep us posted.
When I attempted to apply the 3 month GPU code, it stated that any balance I have for Gold or EA will be converted 1:1. I canceled out of it and didn't actually redeem since there is the potential to add that type of time prior to GPU. I am also waiting for someone to detail the best method to do this.

Earlier this year (June-ish?) I helped my brother do the GPU conversion a second time. He let GPU expire, got a couple of years of Xbox live gold, then did the conversion to GPU for $14.99. Got the full 2 years.

Earlier this year (June-ish?) I helped my brother do the GPU conversion a second time. He let GPU expire, got a couple of years of Xbox live gold, then did the conversion to GPU for $14.99. Got the full 2 years.
Sounds like he pulled a Homer!

Also, your son might get that 1 month extension when redeeming a Gold card, which would cause a problem for trying to load 3 years before switching it to Game Pass. He might need to wait a month with Gold active before adding the remaining code (either the 1 year or 2 year left over code) and then redeeming the $1 offer..
The idea is to get him the XBox One in a few days and have him playing Game Pass games over the break - so don't want to wait.

I sure hope the free month doesn't hose him up. I was hoping it would just cap at 3 years and not cause problems - just lose the free month. Maybe I just do 2 years and get some of the $22.99 3-month cards.

- $96 for 2 years plus 1 free month.

- Add $22.99 GPU 3 month card, get free month. Then he's at 2 years 5 months

- Add second $22.99 GPU and hopefully get another free month.

Then he's at 2 years 9 months for $142. Or I just try for the 3 full years (at $150) and see what happens.

The idea is to get him the XBox One in a few days and have him playing Game Pass games over the break - so don't want to wait.

I sure hope the free month doesn't hose him up. I was hoping it would just cap at 3 years and not cause problems - just lose the free month. Maybe I just do 2 years and get some of the $22.99 3-month cards.

Then he's at 2 years 9 months for $142. Or I just try for the 3 full years (at $150) and see what happens.
Do you already have game pass? You can share xbox live / game pass just like game sharing.

Do you already have game pass? You can share xbox live / game pass just like game sharing.
I do but, but I already share with my son at home. This other one is out of the house so I just want to get him started on his own membership. From what I gather sharing with him remote would be a pain. He'd have to log into my account all the time, right?

The Xbox my younger son uses upstairs is my "home" box so he doesn't have to do that. Then I use my Series X but with my profile so no problem. Second son would have neither advantage.

I do but, but I already share with my son at home. This other one is out of the house so I just want to get him started on his own membership. From what I gather sharing with him remote would be a pain. He'd have to log into my account all the time, right?

The Xbox my younger son uses upstairs is my "home" box so he doesn't have to do that. Then I use my Series X but with my profile so no problem. Second son would have neither advantage.
No, it just depends on who you want to share with. The only drawback is if your internet goes out, you can't play your digital games on your non home console. Basically your home console is the one that you don't use. They don't need to login as you to have access to xbox live and all your games.

No, it just depends on who you want to share with. The only drawback is if your internet goes out, you can't play your digital games on your non home console. Basically your home console is the one that you don't use. They don't need to login as you to have access to xbox live and all your games.
Hmmm.... Well that would save me $150. I'll have to look into it. I thought you had to log into the profile of the sharing account on each system that was gamesharing.

Edit: just read up, and it seems like to game share with a friend you have to use each other's Xbox's as your home box. Since I'm letting my younger son use my "home" box I don't see how I can get the other one in on it.

Hmmm.... Well that would save me $150. I'll have to look into it. I thought you had to log into the profile of the sharing account on each system that was gamesharing.

Edit: just read up, and it seems like to game share with a friend you have to use each other's Xbox's as your home box. Since I'm letting my younger son use my "home" box I don't see how I can get the other one in on it.
Yeah, you can only pick one xbox as your home xbox. The home xbox however doesn't need to login as you to use your stuff. If your younger son is currently logging in as you to play, you can just set your other son's xbox as home.

Yeah, you can only pick one xbox as your home xbox. The home xbox however doesn't need to login as you to use your stuff. If your younger son is currently logging in as you to play, you can just set your other son's xbox as home.
Ah, no, the younger one has his own Xbox Live account, so I do need to share with him as I currently have it set up. I'll just get my older son his own GPU membership. He's a sophomore in college so if I get him 3 years that will bridge him till he's on his own and then he can deal with it all himself going forward from there ;).

Is there a limit on the number of times you can do the $1 upgrade?  I have a bunch of 1 month XBL code

Redeemed two codes yesterday. Each got a free month. So the 3 month codes are actually 4 month codes.

2 codes last night extended me 8 months.

bread's done
Back