* * * - - 2 votes

PSA Best Buy now giving refunds for Cyberpunk 2077

#31 killapigs   Those sweet pink animals.. CAGiversary!   621 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2020 - 02:48 AM

You seem super invested in people liking the game so I'm genuinely curious.. Why? To what end?

I get paid $45 an hour to promote Cyberpunk on CAG! :D

Nah, I just like the game and like with some other topics I love to disagree with mainstream opinion because its usually wrong. I also liked NMS very much on day1 and think all the patches/additions didnt necessarily make it better. So in a way the outrage NMS got did not really help improve its core mechanics. It just made them add more things the "internet" demanded. Barely anyone playing it now all their demands got fulfilled right?

So in a way I am scared the same will happen to Cyberpunk. They worked 6+ years for this how is this internet outrage going to "fix" what doesnt need to be fixed?

Does anyone of those outraged people even have something particular they want from the game? Or its just joining in on the "FIX IT" propaganda? Fix what?! The game does have bugs YES. But see Watch Dogs Legion it wouldnt even SAVE and people kept losing progress and they advertised an online mode for dec3. How is Cyberpunk worse?

i CAN understand those who followed the Cyberpunk progress over the last years (which i didnt) and who are mad features that were promised didnt get into the game.

#32 killapigs   Those sweet pink animals.. CAGiversary!   621 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2020 - 02:52 AM

Cyberpunk 2077 budget: $330 million dollars

They're going to end up with 0 sales. 

At the begin it seemed like maybe 10% would get a refund. As its now especially with PSN completely removing it and refunds even for anyone who bought it physical? It still wont even be close to 100% refunding. Maybe 40%. So still alot of money for them. I have friends who preorder games and never even touch them until months later. People especially in gaming arent particulary smart with money (except here on CAG of course!!)

#33 CaoPi   (Chou Pei) Mousou nut, KOEI fan CAGiversary!   10741 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2020 - 03:01 AM

I get paid $45 an hour to promote Cyberpunk on CAG! :D

Nah, I just like the game and like with some other topics I love to disagree with mainstream opinion because its usually wrong. I also liked NMS very much on day1 and think all the patches/additions didnt necessarily make it better. So in a way the outrage NMS got did not really help improve its core mechanics. It just made them add more things the "internet" demanded. Barely anyone playing it now all their demands got fulfilled right?

So in a way I am scared the same will happen to Cyberpunk. They worked 6+ years for this how is this internet outrage going to "fix" what doesnt need to be fixed?

Does anyone of those outraged people even have something particular they want from the game? Or its just joining in on the "FIX IT" propaganda? Fix what?! The game does have bugs YES. But see Watch Dogs Legion it wouldnt even SAVE and people kept losing progress and they advertised an online mode for dec3. How is Cyberpunk worse?

i CAN understand those who followed the Cyberpunk progress over the last years (which i didnt) and who are mad features that were promised didnt get into the game.

It isn't a good game period. People seriously need to stop defending Cyberpunk. You want a AAA open world game? Go play GTA V or Red Dead 2

#34 iamsmart2  

iamsmart2

Posted 20 December 2020 - 03:06 AM

It isn't a good game period. People seriously need to stop defending Cyberpunk. You want a AAA open world game? Go play GTA V or Red Dead 2

What is a good game period? Granted, there aren't many female protagonists in games these days, and they tend to keep personal hygiene matters to themselves... but really, you shouldn't be grading these kind of things anyway - please be more respectful.

#35 killapigs   Those sweet pink animals.. CAGiversary!   621 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2020 - 03:12 AM

i enjoyed gta5 + rdr2 very much too. I do think cyberpunk is on the same level. More ways to interact with the gameworld would be great tho. And if anyone gets cyber for the cars and driving its worse than gta5. But the city and the npcs are much better.

#36 Jayinem  

Posted 20 December 2020 - 03:15 AM

At the begin it seemed like maybe 10% would get a refund. As its now especially with PSN completely removing it and refunds even for anyone who bought it physical? It still wont even be close to 100% refunding. Maybe 40%. So still alot of money for them. I have friends who preorder games and never even touch them until months later. People especially in gaming arent particulary smart with money (except here on CAG of course!!)

You may have taken my post too literally.

#37 Nealocus123   That's Vagtastic! CAGiversary!   1342 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Nealocus123

Posted 20 December 2020 - 03:31 AM

Had pretty insane luck today. Purchased Cyberpunk, Valhalla, and Fenyx Rising during their B2G1 sale a week back. Ended up liking Fenyx and decided to just return Cyberpunk and Valhalla. Turns out those two games were the $60 games and Fenyx Rising was the "free" game. Not sure if the Customer Service rep just didn't care or didn't know how but he returned both the games for a full $120 or whatever refund.

Ended up getting Fenyx Rising for free! He even mentioned that he wasn't sure why it didn't ring out correctly but just sent me on my way. Thought it might be worth mentioning since a lot of you also bought Cyberpunk with that B2G1 free sale.

#38 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24051 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2020 - 03:43 AM

Had pretty insane luck today. Purchased Cyberpunk, Valhalla, and Fenyx Rising during their B2G1 sale a week back. Ended up liking Fenyx and decided to just return Cyberpunk and Valhalla. Turns out those two games were the $60 games and Fenyx Rising was the "free" game. Not sure if the Customer Service rep just didn't care or didn't know how but he returned both the games for a full $120 or whatever refund.

Ended up getting Fenyx Rising for free! He even mentioned that he wasn't sure why it didn't ring out correctly but just sent me on my way. Thought it might be worth mentioning since a lot of you also bought Cyberpunk with that B2G1 free sale.

Someone else mentioned that if you return any 1 of your B2G1F games, they refund you for the paid game and then charge you for the free game. Not sure if that's true but it could be that the CS rep screwed up in your case and you actually got B1G1F. 

#39 ZeroGame   zero game all luck CAGiversary!   1304 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2020 - 04:30 AM

The question is. If you return cyberpunk now. Do you get to keep preorder perks of steel book and the 10$ preorder bonus.

#40 Xellos2099   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3811 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2020 - 04:40 AM

nope

#41 pun123   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3497 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2020 - 06:45 AM

The question is. If you return cyberpunk now. Do you get to keep preorder perks of steel book and the 10$ preorder bonus.

Only reason I'm keeping mine, the bugs are atrocious worse I have seen in a while, but I preordered with GCU a year ago for 47, then got two $10, so I can stomach it for $27 (CAG math-miss those days).  I can trade it when I'm done.  Tip for everyone playing SAVE often, I got stuck a few times because of bugs and luckily was able to reload certain checkpoints. Really surprised how bad the bugs are, feels like a pre-beta.

#42 Hypebeast69  

Hypebeast69

Posted 20 December 2020 - 10:16 AM

Keep sleeping samurai, you’ve got no city to burn

#43 ravens52bears54   Thin Blue Line CAGiversary!   1637 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

ravens52bears54

Posted 20 December 2020 - 11:58 AM

How exactly can you return a digital code? I'm guessing it only applies to cards without the code scratched?

#44 killapigs   Those sweet pink animals.. CAGiversary!   621 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2020 - 12:44 PM

How exactly can you return a digital code? I'm guessing it only applies to cards without the code scratched?

Basically you cant. Unless you are really lucky with the seller of the code. Should always buy cheap money codes instead instead of buying codes for games on day1.

#45 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   15252 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2020 - 01:25 PM

Good job jumping on the hype train and then whining when it wasn't the best game ever, you entitled brats.

#46 Diad   Only a flesh wound... CAGiversary!   435 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2020 - 01:51 PM

Good job jumping on the hype train and then whining when it wasn't the best game ever, you entitled brats.

Really dog, tryin to cause distress on a sunday? Cmon man.  Plenty of proof out there if you have played the game to know they shipped last gen console versions way to soon. Do your homework then come back.

#47 FuriousBobby 2.0   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   64 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

FuriousBobby 2.0

Posted 20 December 2020 - 01:55 PM

If they didn't hype it as the best game ever, people wouldn't have expected it too be.

#48 Diad   Only a flesh wound... CAGiversary!   435 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2020 - 02:09 PM

Im playing the PC version (GOG.com) and frigin love it. Still some bugs but nothing close to how bad PS4 played. To be fair to CDproject, was an uphill fight. Current gen console quality content on last gen console. They should of delayed the release though for consoles. The game was just not ready. I salute them for recognizing the problem and owning up to it. Looking forward to PS5 edition!

#49 billyrox   Old Man CAGiversary!   3364 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2020 - 02:28 PM

Im playing the PC version (GOG.com) and frigin love it. Still some bugs but nothing close to how bad PS4 played. To be fair to CDproject, was an uphill fight. Current gen console quality content on last gen console. They should of delayed the release though for consoles. The game was just not ready. I salute them for recognizing the problem and owning up to it. Looking forward to PS5 edition!

Playing on ps5 and enjoying it...

#50 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24051 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2020 - 02:38 PM

Playing on ps5 and enjoying it...

Based on videos, the game seems to run fine on the PS5... but most everything I've seen on the PS4, it just looks bad. Even the PS4 Pro version. 

Also PSA, if you're returning the game via mail- maybe consider not using UPS or FedEx drop boxes. I dropped off my return package in a UPS box and it got stuck half away though so it's jammed in there and the door won't open but someone could pull it out with some effort/damaging the box. This was Friday noon (before the 6:30 pick up time... I checked this morning on the way to get breakfast and they still haven't picked it up.:-/ 

#51 killapigs   Those sweet pink animals.. CAGiversary!   621 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2020 - 05:53 PM

Based on videos, the game seems to run fine on the PS5... but most everything I've seen on the PS4, it just looks bad. Even the PS4 Pro version. 

There does seem to be a glitch on ps5 where the last patch made it crash tho here has been a new patch yesterday so maybe it fixes it.

I agree on ps4 pro it doesnt look like a huge improvement. They actually dont have any ps5s here I wanted to buy one. A new ps4 pro is 400€ almost while the ps5 without bluray is 400€ too. Completely ridiculous.

#52 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6857 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2020 - 11:39 PM

You should use proper punctuation if you’re going to be a dick to people about their grammar.

It’s Pepsi Man, don’t worry about what I’m doing

#53 Jayinem  

Posted 21 December 2020 - 02:50 AM

Now there's talk of Investor lawsuits against CD Projekt. This is a dumpster fire. 

https://www.gamespot...7/1100-6485699/

#54 Smithers123  

Smithers123

Posted 21 December 2020 - 03:48 AM

Now there's talk of Investor lawsuits against CD Projekt. This is a dumpster fire. 

How could you have a class action lawsuit when they are already apologizing publicly and even suggesting disappointed customers can refund?

#55 woz3323   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   135 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2020 - 05:16 AM

How could you have a class action lawsuit when they are already apologizing publicly and even suggesting disappointed customers can refund?

Lying/deceiving shareholders who are owners of the company is a big no-no. Can’t return shares.

#56 Blaster man  

Blaster man

Posted 21 December 2020 - 01:46 PM

Have you played the game yet?

#57 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15677 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2020 - 10:36 PM

Investors lost money on this, a lot of money. When you're on record for "runs surprisingly well on last generation consoles" during shareholder meetings two months before it released, and it's a lie, that's grounds for a suit. They may very well burn to the ground over this one.

#58 inverted_fray  

inverted_fray

Posted 21 December 2020 - 10:37 PM

Went to the Best Buy in City of Orange and returned my copy there. The girl didn't even ask me about returning the steelbook. I bet she didn't even know about that. I then went to my Best Buy and picked up my steelbook. So I ended up basically returning the game and still getting the free steelbook.

#59 Killbomb   The Misanthrope CAGiversary!   3732 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2020 - 01:37 AM

Went to the Best Buy in City of Orange and returned my copy there. The girl didn't even ask me about returning the steelbook. I bet she didn't even know about that. I then went to my Best Buy and picked up my steelbook. So I ended up basically returning the game and still getting the free steelbook.

Best check your account to make sure you didn't actually get charged $19.99+tax for the steelbook. I didn't pick up my pre-order but the steelbook was shipped to me so I have to return it to get the full amount refunded to my credit card. 

#60 bonesawisready   YES! YES! YES! CAGiversary!   1973 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

bonesawisready

Posted 22 December 2020 - 02:09 AM

Have you played the game yet?

they withheld info about last gen versions which ended up blowing up in media and being main cause of returns from consumers and investors. They legally can’t do that to investors.

Sadly they won’t suffer any consequences directly for paying staff min wage and for crunch time since 2019 (and lying about it, even after staff has leaked they were crunching some teams for a while) but at least their execs are losing the money they gained from exploiting their staff