* * * - - 2 votes

PSA Best Buy now giving refunds for Cyberpunk 2077

#121 Xellos2099   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3823 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2021 - 04:14 AM

Saw your post and randomly checked my email.  Completely missed the email about this and went ahead and put in my PayPal for the refund.  Good looking out lol

When did you submit the form?  i submitted it 2 weeks ago and nothing yet

#122 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   4010 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 February 2021 - 06:10 PM

When did you submit the form?  i submitted it 2 weeks ago and nothing yet

I submitted the original form when it was sent back in December.  Submitted the follow up confirming my PayPal last week, and received my refund today in my PayPal.  I had actually gotten the confirmation email back in the beginning of January and totally missed it.  Lucky i looked because I almost missed the cut off date.

#123 topchief1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   597 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

topchief1

Posted 04 February 2021 - 06:39 PM

I just got refunded for my CE purchase, got the email a few hours ago. 😀

#124 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   4010 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 February 2021 - 07:04 PM

Anyone receive a refund for the digital PSN copy too?  I submitted mine over a week ago and nothing yet lol

#125 Xellos2099   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3823 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2021 - 12:04 AM

My experience is a bit weird.  On dec 15 i send in a request for refund for my collector edition.  No reply at all and on jan 14 i send it again and say I never receive any kind fo reply.  They reply to me to fill out the initial form.  I did and send it the receipt and stuff.  And then yesterday i send a email checking on the statue of my refund and they finallly send me the form that i would add my paypal adress to, It is weird since everyone seems to about to do it automatic after sending email and I have to keep email them for next steps.

#126 Sugarbeats  

Sugarbeats

Posted 06 February 2021 - 01:24 AM

Heads up. A week after CDPR refunded my Cyberpunk disc ver, they followed up with an email stating that the refund has been completed.

3rd email they asked that I hang onto the disc as arranging returns is not convenient for them at the moment. Looks like they might be asking for us to return these.

#127 billyrox   Old Man CAGiversary!   3367 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2021 - 04:24 AM

Heads up. A week after CDPR refunded my Cyberpunk disc ver, they followed up with an email stating that the refund has been completed.

3rd email they asked that I hang onto the disc as arranging returns is not convenient for them at the moment. Looks like they might be asking for us to return these.

Wonder how they will  enforce that?  What if someone sends back My little pony dvd? 

#128 Sugarbeats  

Sugarbeats

Posted 10 February 2021 - 01:51 PM

Link to article regarding returning the disc for refund. Hopefully you guys hanged into your physical copies

https://www.google.c...-keep-the-game/

#129 topchief1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   597 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

topchief1

Posted 10 February 2021 - 02:30 PM

Link to article regarding returning the disc for refund. Hopefully you guys hanged into your physical copies

What would they do, if we didn't? Charge us again??

#130 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4797 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2021 - 02:57 PM

What would they do, if we didn't? Charge us again??

Yes. They could charge your PayPal for the refund amount.

#131 topchief1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   597 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

topchief1

Posted 10 February 2021 - 04:38 PM

Yes. They could charge your PayPal for the refund amount.

Really? Even if it has a zero balance? Well, there goes my snark...

#132 billyrox   Old Man CAGiversary!   3367 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2021 - 09:18 PM

Doubtful.  They are going to pay another 5-10 bucks for people to ship it back?  And then where are they going to store it.  Pay another employee to  sort it all  out and confirm?  Or buy a landfill and dump it all into it?  Just the logistics seem to be a waste of time and money.... esp now that they have already given the money out ahead of time.  

#133 ppitchfork  

ppitchfork

Posted 10 February 2021 - 10:10 PM

They just want everyone to hold on to their copies so the used market isn’t flooded, slowing down new sales once the game is “fixed” 😂

#134 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4797 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2021 - 10:17 PM

Really? Even if it has a zero balance? Well, there goes my snark...

I've gone negative balance on PayPal before (eBay buyer ripped me off hard). It becomes a debt you owe PayPal.

I'm not saying CDPR will go after people for not returning discs. Just saying it is technically possible.

#135 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15677 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2021 - 06:55 PM

I'd say with their current situation of leaked internal employee data, they have much bigger issues at hand. Yeah, I know they refuted it but they're fucking liars. Honestly, if they survive all this intact I'd be shocked.

#136 billyrox   Old Man CAGiversary!   3367 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2021 - 07:17 PM

Hope you guys still kept your  games because it's obvious that they are going to ask for it soon... ;)

#137 Xellos2099   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3823 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2021 - 07:25 AM

I kept my game but they actually never email me about sending the game back.  In fact, I actually have to email them every week for it to get move forward.  I have to email them for first form, then email them again for second form, email them again for the paypal and email them again about refund then they send it

#138 toska  

Posted 14 March 2021 - 08:29 AM

feel like the whole endeavor of trying to get discs back is a complete loss/waste for them at this point
game came out like 3 months ago and its constantly on sale for 35 bucks or 30. they will have to throw them in a warehouse and throw away the key

i still have mine just in case but have no interest in playing it at this point

#139 Strider Turbulence EX  

Strider Turbulence EX

Posted 14 March 2021 - 06:29 PM

I wanna say play it since it's a good game but that experience seems to drastically matter depending on the platform. 

#140 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15677 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2021 - 06:51 PM

They should honestly let people keep the discs as reparations at this point. If I were any of you, I'd make them come after me for it. They have enough to handle already and I very much doubt there will be any follow through with enforcement.

#141 Navigator2001Plus  

Navigator2001Plus

Posted 14 March 2021 - 07:07 PM

They should honestly let people keep the discs as reparations at this point.

That's absolutely ridiculous. Do you always expect to keep stuff even after you got refunded for it?

#142 Strider Turbulence EX  

Strider Turbulence EX

Posted 14 March 2021 - 07:28 PM

That's absolutely ridiculous. Do you always expect to keep stuff even after you got refunded for it?

Yes.

#143 smokeyjoey8   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   361 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

smokeyjoey8

Posted 15 March 2021 - 09:56 AM

feel like the whole endeavor of trying to get discs back is a complete loss/waste for them at this point
game came out like 3 months ago and its constantly on sale for 35 bucks or 30. they will have to throw them in a warehouse and throw away the key

i still have mine just in case but have no interest in playing it at this point

They can hold on to everything and in a years time, reuse the same discs, cases, and art and just print out new "GAME OF THE YEAR" labels. Slap a new label on the disc, a banner on the box art, and a code for DLC, and just ship them back out to all the stores.

#144 toska  

Posted 15 March 2021 - 10:38 AM

They can hold on to everything and in a years time, reuse the same discs, cases, and art and just print out new "GAME OF THE YEAR" labels. Slap a new label on the disc, a banner on the box art, and a code for DLC, and just ship them back out to all the stores.

true, but are they even working on any dlc or anything at this point?

last i heard theyre struggling to get patches out , getting hacked, and are being investigated by the polish government