* * * - - 8 votes

Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

#4771 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   4407 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2022 - 08:22 PM

If you click to start a game with an update an alert will pop up saying a new update is available and gives you the option to download or start without downloading. Literally exactly what you're asking for.

He is doing this shit in the eShop thread as well? Lol

#4772 FriskyTanuki   LGBT Rights & Women's Rights are Human Rights CAGiversary!   72232 Posts   Joined 19.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 04 August 2022 - 09:05 PM

0rj3kvjbgkwz.jpg

This movie is literally a nightmare on film in many of its scenes.

#4773 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 04 August 2022 - 10:03 PM

If you click to start a game with an update an alert will pop up saying a new update is available and gives you the option to download or start without downloading. Literally exactly what you're asking for.

The first thing I did was start up the game and I got no such prompt. It just went right to the game. I then checked through Nintendo online and went to the download section and it wouldn't download anything so I then googled and was told about having to update. I had to click on + and update manually or else I wouldn't have made that post.

#4774 briandadude   Vita + Xbox + Switch CAGiversary!   2099 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

briandadude

Posted 05 August 2022 - 02:09 AM

Tried to play Mario kart online but both times I joined it had me spectating races that just started. How is that possible that there aren’t games for me to join? Boo

#4775 utopianmachine   Deal Ninja CAGiversary!   10572 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

utopianmachine

Posted 05 August 2022 - 02:59 PM

Just joined the Switch Online Family Expansion thingie last night. Have a question about those icons/avatars things you can use points on. If I got, for example, an Animal Crossing character and a Mario Kart background, can I mix and match? Or do Animal Crossing characters only work with Animal Crossing backgrounds?

#4776 Twilightsparkle  

Twilightsparkle

Posted 05 August 2022 - 03:25 PM

Just joined the Switch Online Family Expansion thingie last night. Have a question about those icons/avatars things you can use points on. If I got, for example, an Animal Crossing character and a Mario Kart background, can I mix and match? Or do Animal Crossing characters only work with Animal Crossing backgrounds?

No mixing/matching.  

#4777 utopianmachine   Deal Ninja CAGiversary!   10572 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

utopianmachine

Posted 05 August 2022 - 06:26 PM

No mixing/matching.  

Thanks for letting me know. 

#4778 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4151 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2022 - 07:22 PM

If anyone wants to do custom avatars on switch then download the demo for MiiTopia.  My avatar is Lupin the 3rd thanks to that demo.  I made the the other characters on my team as Goemon, Jigen, and Zenigata... and named the horse Fujiko.  Almost made me buy the game despite how simplistic it is because of how funny the banter was between all the guys and how fitting it even was to the anime.  Zenigata as a Popstar was great.

#4779 Twilightsparkle  

Twilightsparkle

Posted 08 August 2022 - 01:10 PM

https://twitter.com/...4503553/photo/1

Splatoon 3 direct on Wednesday at 6 am pacific.  

#4780 FriskyTanuki   LGBT Rights & Women's Rights are Human Rights CAGiversary!   72232 Posts   Joined 19.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 08 August 2022 - 08:51 PM

#4781 FriskyTanuki   LGBT Rights & Women's Rights are Human Rights CAGiversary!   72232 Posts   Joined 19.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 08 August 2022 - 09:10 PM

#4782 Echotech83   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1051 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Echotech83

Posted 08 August 2022 - 10:13 PM

It's mostly empty entries for demos, non-US demos, and loose carts I don't own. (Library).

I have a MUCH smaller set of actual games installed on SD.

The real pain when it comes to "fixing" this weird issue is that you can't mass "delete" titles -- you have to delete them individually.

https://nintendowire...t-disappearing/
So did Nintendo wire learn this from you and this thread? They didn’t cite any sources.

#4783 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5073 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 08 August 2022 - 11:03 PM

https://nintendowire...t-disappearing/
So did Nintendo wire learn this from you and this thread? They didn’t cite any sources.

It sources this Nintendo life article at the bottom

https://www.nintendo...-you-can-fix-it

That article does shout out "David" so I imagine so.

#4784 300mirrors  

300mirrors

Posted 08 August 2022 - 11:48 PM

Tried to play Mario kart online but both times I joined it had me spectating races that just started. How is that possible that there aren’t games for me to join? Boo

The game tries to match you with people of your skill level so you're not getting dunked on by people with thousands of hours in the game while also not trampling newbies.

Also spectating takes like 3 minutes or less. How impatient can you be?

#4785 briandadude   Vita + Xbox + Switch CAGiversary!   2099 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

briandadude

Posted Yesterday, 06:16 AM

The game tries to match you with people of your skill level so you're not getting dunked on by people with thousands of hours in the game while also not trampling newbies.

Also spectating takes like 3 minutes or less. How impatient can you be?

In rocket league I get matched within 10 seconds.

#4786 DavidD   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   340 Posts   Joined 19.0 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 07:03 AM

It sources this Nintendo life article at the bottom

https://www.nintendo...-you-can-fix-it

That article does shout out "David" so I imagine so.

Ah. I'll have to email them... but, yes, once I knew what was going on, I sent out a few emails.  I figured this was weird, but it might be good for more people to know about the issue.

(It's worth noting that making US, Japanese, and Euro accounts and trying to download every demo in each region, just because, tends to lead to things like this. Cough. Cough cough.)

#4787 Captain Wrong   Dirty Commie CAGiversary!   842 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

Captain Wrong

Posted Yesterday, 11:53 AM

I feel a two player mode would be kind of rough, but I love that this was hiding there all this time.

#4788 Vindicated30.6   In memory of Robin Williams 7/21/51-8/11/14 CAG Veteran   124 Posts   Joined 0.7 Years Ago  

Vindicated30.6

Posted Yesterday, 03:36 PM

Considering how all these classic Star Wars games are getting ported by Aspyr Games, do you think Shadows of the Empire for N64 would be better as one of the NSO Expansion titles or getting a full port? I'm looking over the catalog of Aspyr's remakes, and that is a glaring omission.

#4789 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10175 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted Yesterday, 07:59 PM

Considering how all these classic Star Wars games are getting ported by Aspyr Games, do you think Shadows of the Empire for N64 would be better as one of the NSO Expansion titles or getting a full port? I'm looking over the catalog of Aspyr's remakes, and that is a glaring omission.

It's a licensed title so remaster/port or nothing.

#4790 omegafinal   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   71 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

omegafinal

Posted Yesterday, 08:24 PM

Yeah, with Star Wars titles, I'll go by, if it has a PC version, that gets ported. That means with Shadows of the Empire, we won't get the N64's nicely hand painted art, but those janky mid 90s 3DCG cutscenes, ha!

Unfortunately, that means even though we might see a port Rouge Squadron [3D], we won't see Rouge Leader nor Rebel Strike. If we go by this.

#4791 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10175 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted Yesterday, 11:38 PM

Unfortunately, that means even though we might see a port Rouge Squadron [3D], we won't see Rouge Leader nor Rebel Strike. If we go by this.

Tbf, the Wii version of Star Wars Force Unleashed was ported not that long ago, so you never know.