* * * - - 5 votes

Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

#631 IronChariot   In My Country There Is Problem CAGiversary!   3433 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

IronChariot

Posted 03 June 2021 - 03:15 AM

New WarioWare on the way possibly.

The Resident Evil 4 merchant would buy it at that price.

#632 walletandgromice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1480 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

walletandgromice

Posted 03 June 2021 - 04:41 AM

You better have said definitely. We need less of these $60 ports.

Of course I did, and I meant it. Of course it could just be the 3DS Wario Ware.

Incidentally the same survey asked what game systems we play in our home and it included PS3 and 360 as options but not the WiiU or 3DS. I put the 3DS under other.

#633 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 03 June 2021 - 03:02 PM

Do you think we are getting New Switch details today? I am not going to be constantly checking everyday between now and E3. Hell, there might not even be a new Switch at all this year. It's better not to assume and just be surprised if it happens today or anytime this year.

#634 An Orange Cat   Pet My Fur CAGiversary!   1570 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

An Orange Cat

Posted 03 June 2021 - 03:15 PM

Supposedly a recent leak of the back end of Walmart Canada's website indicated a new Nintendo hardware would be live for pre-order on the website tonight at midnight. I suppose if there's any truth to that we'd have to see something today. I'm not holding my breath though.

#635 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3866 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 June 2021 - 03:44 PM

I'd rather have some Wario Land on Switch.

Yes, this.  If not the GB/GBC/GBA games then give us a GB/GBC/GBA app for nintendo online and pack the games on there.  They were some of the best platform puzzlers ever.   Also bring back Donkey Kong GB (with all those amazing new levels) and Mario Vs Donkey Kong.

#636 samnite   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   141 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 June 2021 - 11:33 PM

My 2DS Refurbished by Nintendo just came and it is in immaculate condition. This thing appears brand new to me. Maybe they refurbished the insides and the shell was in perfect condition already.

#637 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6557 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 03 June 2021 - 11:47 PM

If they refurbished the inside easy way to tell is dust under the top screen

#638 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   6235 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

Posted 03 June 2021 - 11:56 PM

Man, hope the Super / Pro Switch gets announced sooner than later. Really need a reason to get excited about Nintendo again going into E3. The nostalgia only goes so far and they really need to bring out games that will be able to compete with PS5/Series X releases. I’m not expecting a direct competitor, but an HD handheld with a graphics bump for existing titles would be great.

#639 IronChariot   In My Country There Is Problem CAGiversary!   3433 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

IronChariot

Posted 04 June 2021 - 12:20 AM

Man, hope the Super / Pro Switch gets announced sooner than later. Really need a reason to get excited about Nintendo again going into E3. The nostalgia only goes so far and they really need to bring out games that will be able to compete with PS5/Series X releases. I’m not expecting a direct competitor, but an HD handheld with a graphics bump for existing titles would be great.

Same. I hope for an Ethernet port, faster network speeds, and a framerate and/or resolution boost. It would be especially nice if they're somehow able to make those improvements to already available games with DLSS, but not sure they'd go to the effort of patching them.

#640 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 04 June 2021 - 12:33 AM

Yes, this.  If not the GB/GBC/GBA games then give us a GB/GBC/GBA app for nintendo online and pack the games on there.  They were some of the best platform puzzlers ever.   Also bring back Donkey Kong GB (with all those amazing new levels) and Mario Vs Donkey Kong.

I need a port of Virtual Boy Wario Land. I played that game for hours on end as a kid. Amazing game. 

#641 walletandgromice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1480 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

walletandgromice

Posted 04 June 2021 - 12:53 AM

I need a port of Virtual Boy Wario Land. I played that game for hours on end as a kid. Amazing game.

Its pretty telling that they didn't give us even one Virtual Boy game for the switch Labo headset. They've really disowned that whole product line...

#642 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71284 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 04 June 2021 - 03:58 AM

#643 CheapAssPizza  

CheapAssPizza

Posted 04 June 2021 - 08:47 AM

I hope your vision is ok. ;P

#644 EweCanGoFuckYourSelf  

EweCanGoFuckYourSelf

Posted 04 June 2021 - 03:05 PM

https://store.ninten...efurbished.html

Scarlet Red 2ds Refub

Back in stock

#645 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3866 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 June 2021 - 03:24 PM

Decided to grab one of those Scarlet 2DS's.  It'll be good to have a backup system.

#646 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16840 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 June 2021 - 04:37 PM

Does anyone have Lovers ina a dangerous spacetime? Is it kid friendly?

#647 not2worried   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   382 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

not2worried

Posted 04 June 2021 - 05:41 PM

My kids enjoyed it, yes, it is kid friendly.

#648 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71284 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 05 June 2021 - 02:58 AM

It's in the vein of Overcooked where it can lead to a lot of yelling at people if they're a weak like, if that's your style

#649 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6557 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 05 June 2021 - 03:40 AM

Hmm overcooked is the type of game that brings out the worst in families iirc. If its comparable to that then make sure to hide any controller cords. 

#650 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71284 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 05 June 2021 - 04:06 AM

https://www.nintendo...ftlands-switch/

Griftlands from Klei Entertainment (Shank, Don't Starve) is out now with a 20% discount at $15.99 until 6/19.

#651 DaShaka   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2177 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2021 - 09:29 AM

https://www.nintendo...ftlands-switch/

Griftlands from Klei Entertainment (Shank, Don't Starve) is out now with a 20% discount at $15.99 until 6/19.

Im assuming this is like Slay the Spire? I’ve recently got into that game and it’s amazing. I’ll have to pick this one up.

#652 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10699 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2021 - 10:30 AM

Im assuming this is like Slay the Spire? I’ve recently got into that game and it’s amazing. I’ll have to pick this one up.

Game is OK. Graphics are good and gameplay is okay in fights (similar to STS) although their are psychic fights if I remember and those are unique and all. Story is just there and the characters are kind of cool and unique. It seems to do a lot right, but came off just a bit boring to me. I played it a while back from the Epic Game Store. I could give a more comprehensive review, but I'd rate it 7/10 being a good not great game. Feels unique and fun, but I just don't like the loop as much as much as STS and a few other games.

#653 Soma_Cruz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1657 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Soma_Cruz

Posted 05 June 2021 - 02:13 PM

So far the only game that has replicated STS for me is Monster Train, which I played a bit on game pass on a borrowed X1 late last year. Too bad it isn't on Switch. 

#654 slamoco   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   227 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2021 - 04:30 PM

So far the only game that has replicated STS for me is Monster Train, which I played a bit on game pass on a borrowed X1 late last year. Too bad it isn't on Switch.

Agree. Monster Train is very similar to Slay the Spire, but different enough to not be a direct copy. I had a blast playing both!

#655 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71284 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 05 June 2021 - 06:57 PM

Sort of, but the thing it's doing has more of a western RPG-style dialog and reputation system that determines the types of quests and places you can get help as you play further in the game.

#656 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4871 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2021 - 02:34 PM

I was tempted on Crysis Remastered for $15 (nostalgia of testing it on my gaming pc), but with the trilogy coming out later this year, I'll wait.

#657 elessar123  

Posted 07 June 2021 - 06:37 PM

Same. I hope for an Ethernet port, faster network speeds, and a framerate and/or resolution boost. It would be especially nice if they're somehow able to make those improvements to already available games with DLSS, but not sure they'd go to the effort of patching them.

Most people wouldn't use the ethernet ports, so I don't think they'll add it. You can already buy a USB ethernet adaptor for the dock and tuck it inside (which is what I did).

#658 An Orange Cat   Pet My Fur CAGiversary!   1570 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

An Orange Cat

Posted 07 June 2021 - 07:04 PM

I was tempted on Crysis Remastered for $15 (nostalgia of testing it on my gaming pc), but with the trilogy coming out later this year, I'll wait.

I bought it. The aiming with a controller is pretty terrible.

#659 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4871 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2021 - 09:42 PM

I bought it. The aiming with a controller is pretty terrible.

Do you have to use gyro aiming?

#660 An Orange Cat   Pet My Fur CAGiversary!   1570 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

An Orange Cat

Posted 07 June 2021 - 10:36 PM

It's on by default, but I turned it off. It's probably easier to aim with it on, but I'm not a fan of gyro aiming.