* * * - - 8 votes

Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

#391 GeeWiz   Cheaper than Cheap! CAGiversary!   2362 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2021 - 05:39 AM

The vita store closes some time in august, while ps3 and psp close in July. (So is the rumor).

Word of advice: for those planning on waiting til august to get some vita games, note that some games like Romancing Saga 3, are not purchaseable on the vita store for whatever reason. You can only buy that on the ps3 storefront and then get it from your downloads on vita.

I’m sure there are other games like this.

Are there any other games like that?

#392 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 23 March 2021 - 06:16 AM

A public service announcement....Immortals Fenyx Rising (physical edition, likely digital as well) has a bug that causes the game to freeze and crash relatively soon after entering the mainland.  If you pick up certain collectibles, a cutscene will start and the game will crash.

Reloading makes the save corrupted and then it instantly crashes on reload as it again is trying to play the cutscene.  

It may only affect Quality graphic setting but not Performance setting as the internet recommends switching graphic settings as a workaround.

I haven't had a chance to test it yet but I figured I'd put it out there so other people don't delete all their apparently corrupted saves and restart the game (like I did)

I played through and beat that game and never encountered this. I either got lucky or this bug was recently introduced as I played the game when it launched.

#393 AoA   Ace of Aces CAGiversary!   1845 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2021 - 10:49 AM

I played through and beat that game and never encountered this. I either got lucky or this bug was recently introduced as I played the game when it launched.

I don't know how prevalent the bug is.  I had it on my account and my son's account and both of us are using Quality setting and there are similar reports on the Ubisoft forum with the same cutscene freeze happening at similar but not the exact same gameplay activity.

Just a heads up I guess. I do have the physical PS5 copy which may make a difference?

I just tested it out on my son's account.  Switching to Performance on a save right before the time he crashed now proceeds to a one second cutscene showing a volcano thing and announcing a new mission Bolt From The Blue (but you wouldn't know that until after making it past the crash)

#394 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   1358 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2021 - 01:00 PM

A public service announcement....Immortals Fenyx Rising (physical edition, likely digital as well) has a bug that causes the game to freeze and crash relatively soon after entering the mainland.  If you pick up certain collectibles, a cutscene will start and the game will crash.

Reloading makes the save corrupted and then it instantly crashes on reload as it again is trying to play the cutscene.  

It may only affect Quality graphic setting but not Performance setting as the internet recommends switching graphic settings as a workaround.

I haven't had a chance to test it yet but I figured I'd put it out there so other people don't delete all their apparently corrupted saves and restart the game (like I did)

You said it happens if you pick up a certain collectable.  What's the collectable?

#395 AoA   Ace of Aces CAGiversary!   1845 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2021 - 01:26 PM

You said it happens if you pick up a certain collectable.  What's the collectable?

It happened (on two different accounts) if I picked up Ambrosia (in the wild) or Zeus' Lightning (in a dungeon but AFTER I exited the dungeon) but it seemed to happened on the very first time I got one of these AFTER unlocking the Hall of Gods (the place you can upgrade your character).

It didn't happen at all before unlocking the Hall of Gods.  So I guess those actions trigger the new mission one second long cutscene.

I switched to Performance and was able to pick up the faulty Ambrosia and the cutscene played right but I didn't play much further to see if it crashed at some future point.

Searching the Ubisoft forums, the problem and the solution was also described similar to my experiences.

#396 Timbobway  

Timbobway

Posted 23 March 2021 - 05:11 PM

Developers have confirmed that sales are disabled for anything other than PS4/PS5 stuff.  Crossbuy stuff is the loophole for that.

That is stupid on sony's part.  They could make a lot of money if they had real sales still.

#397 anotherpoorgamer   Bird's Nest Hair CAGiversary!   5597 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

anotherpoorgamer

Posted 23 March 2021 - 06:56 PM

Any must buy recommendations for digital only titles on PS3/PSP/Vita?

Been meaning to pick up After Burner: Climax and Lumines Supernova on PS3.  Black Rock Shooter and Super Stardust on PSP. 

Also, my PSP UMD drive is probably dead by now.  Shame, PSP titles aren't available to buy and play on PS4.

#398 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   20343 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2021 - 07:07 PM

Any must buy recommendations for digital only titles on PS3/PSP/Vita?

Been meaning to pick up After Burner: Climax and Lumines Supernova on PS3.  Black Rock Shooter and Super Stardust on PSP. 

Also, my PSP UMD drive is probably dead by now.  Shame, PSP titles aren't available to buy and play on PS4.

Sadly After Burner: Climax was delisted.

I am thinking of getting the follow games that are digital only

inFAMOUS Festival of Blood

House of the Dead III and IV

Trash Panic

datura

detuned

Linger in Shadows

LocoRoco Cocoreccho!

Ratchet: Deadlocked

Savage Moon

ELEVATOR ACTION DELUXE

Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles

Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles

#399 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4145 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2021 - 07:12 PM

Sadly After Burner: Climax was delisted.

I am thinking of getting the follow games that are digital only

inFAMOUS Festival of Blood
House of the Dead III and IV
Trash Panic
datura
detuned
Linger in Shadows
LocoRoco Cocoreccho!
Ratchet: Deadlocked
Savage Moon
ELEVATOR ACTION DELUXE

I liked the light gun games.

#400 camoor   Jams on foot fires CAGiversary!   15287 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2021 - 07:47 PM

That is stupid on sony's part.  They could make a lot of money if they had real sales still.

I think Sony and Microsoft both see the future as subscription services. That's the only reason I can think of why their game deals are not as compelling anymore.

#401 SHADOW-X21   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   31 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

SHADOW-X21

Posted 23 March 2021 - 07:54 PM

Report: PS3, Vita, And PSP Stores To Be Permanently Closed In A Few Months

https://www.thegamer...anently-closed/

The PS3, PS Vita, and PlayStation Portable stores aren’t long for this world. According to a source familiar with the situation (verified by TheGamer), the stores are due to be closed down from July. The announcement is planned for the end of this month.

PSP’s and PS3’s stores are to be closed on July 2, while the PS Vita store will stay open until August 27. After those dates, you will no longer be able to purchase digital copies of games or DLC for any of the Sony consoles mentioned above.

One of the main reasons I buy the games physical & Buy games digital on PC(Especially when we can get some of them DRM-free & The digital-stores to buy PC games from isn't getting shut down like how it is for consoles even if that does happen there will be other digital-stores that'll still be open along with ways of these games being preserved, Emulation/Emulated especially for games that were played on consoles/portable-handhelds, Shows up as abandoned-ware games, etc)

Far as buying digital versions of console games goes I like to keep that at the very minimum to none as possible.

Either way upsides/downsides of Physical & Digital that'll always be there no matter what especially the Physical vs Digital discussion/debates etc.

#402 Das_Regal   oh god CAGiversary!   1259 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2021 - 08:15 PM

I would advise being very careful about going on a spending spree to avoid an illusory loss. Owning a game doesn't mean you're going to play it, and the vast majority of games on PS3/PSP/Vita are just less refined, graphically inferior versions of stuff we have access to easily today. Classics that stand the test of time are usually remastered and re-released with very few exceptions, and there's always emulation for what falls through the cracks. Think long and hard about what you'll actually get around to sinking the time into playing. Wanting to preserve opportunities to play things is understandable, but ultimately misguided if it's an opportunity you're spending money on that you'll never actually utilize.

That was a hard lesson for me to learn... For one, I obtained over 1000 games on steam in the last 10 years and maybe 100 of them are ones I should've bought. Not to say there's no one that going on a spending spree before the stores shut down doesn't make sense for, just make sure that applies to you. Don't let FOMO dictate your actions.

Paying the cash for a game is only part of the process of consuming it. The other costs are time and patience and those are steeper the older you get.

#403 Watchman   Webslinger/Wanderer Hunter CAGiversary!   1112 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2021 - 08:30 PM

One of the main reasons I buy the games physical & Buy games digital on PC(Especially when we can get some of them DRM-free & The digital-stores to buy PC games from isn't getting shut down like how it is for consoles even if that does happen there will be other digital-stores that'll still be open along with ways of these games being preserved, Emulation/Emulated especially for games that were played on consoles, Shows up as abandoned-ware games, etc)

Far as buying digital versions of console games goes I like to keep that to the very minimum to none as possible.

Either way upsides/downsides of Physical & Digital that'll always be there no matter what especially the Physical vs Digital discussion/debates etc.

There's a PSP store?! God, where the heck did I put mine?

A lot of people are gonna look to the high seas again... and I'm not talking about Assassin's Creed IV. 

Well, I would think they'd be looking high into the sky with all the wonky boat mechanics the brand consistently seems to have from all the Highlight reel glitches I see almost weekly from any AC game that has one.

#404 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71182 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 23 March 2021 - 09:47 PM

#405 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4145 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2021 - 09:50 PM

i'll download legions just so i can get the rainbow 6 unlock lol

#406 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6442 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 23 March 2021 - 10:47 PM

There's a PSP store?! God, where the heck did I put mine?

Psp store was shut down years ago. You have to purchase them through the website or ps3 and transfer to the psp.

#407 phoenixlau   backlogged CAGiversary!   592 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 March 2021 - 12:07 AM

These are compiled together on a Japan region PS3 physical version called "Biohazard Chronicles HD Selection".

#408 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71182 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 24 March 2021 - 12:35 AM

Watch Dogs: Legions will be $20 in the sale that starts tomorrow as part of that free weekend announcement. I'm guessing it's the Deal of the Week.

PlayStation: From March 24 – 31, 67 percent off of the Standard edition, 60 percent off of the Ultimate edition, and 25 percent off of the season pass.

#409 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   20343 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 March 2021 - 12:38 AM

These are compiled together on a Japan region PS3 physical version called "Biohazard Chronicles HD Selection".

Correct, but it is not full English but I probably could manage.

More digital exclusive PS3 games:

Legasista

Battle Princess of Arcadias

#410 ProfessorStotch   Banned CAGiversary!   13829 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 24 March 2021 - 12:54 AM

Are there any other games like that?

Yeah

#411 samnite   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   130 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 March 2021 - 02:08 AM

PS3 and PSP emulation has matured enough to where if you wanted you could still experience those games at some point in the future and development is still ongoing to improve compatibility. My biggest worry is for those Vita games for which we don't yet have great emulation support yet. I wonder if this news drives more urgency in developing good emulation of the VITA for preservation purposes. One title that comes to mind is Uncharted Golden Abyss which is unlikely to be remastered as it uses a lot of the Vita's gimmicky touchscreen controls.  

#412 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   7140 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 24 March 2021 - 02:18 AM

PS3 and PSP emulation has matured enough to where if you wanted you could still experience those games at some point in the future and development is still ongoing to improve compatibility. My biggest worry is for those Vita games for which we don't yet have great emulation support yet. I wonder if this news drives more urgency in developing good emulation of the VITA for preservation purposes. One title that comes to mind is Uncharted Golden Abyss which is unlikely to be remastered as it uses a lot of the Vita's gimmicky touchscreen controls.  

I never played Golden Abyss but can't you replicate that on the PS4 and PS5 touchpad?

#413 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5667 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 March 2021 - 02:53 AM

PS3 and PSP emulation has matured enough

PSP, yes. PS3, not so much. It's coming along well, but it’s in no way ready to replace a working PS3 yet. If you still have one, you'd be better off modding your PS3.

I never played Golden Abyss but can't you replicate that on the PS4 and PS5 touchpad?

I've never played Golden Abyss, either, but having played some Vita games that make mild use of the touchscreen on a VitaTV, no. People tend to treat touch gaming as gimmicky, but the DS4/DS5 touchpads make the Vita's touch sensors look like a dedicated fightstick in comparison.

#414 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4302 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 24 March 2021 - 03:27 AM

There's a puzzle where you need to use the vita camera as well if I remember right which would be impossible to do without the vita (unless they eventually remastered the game and got rid of it)

#415 thundarr   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   736 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

thundarr

Posted 24 March 2021 - 10:28 AM

Golden Abyss was an excellent game which I’m very surprised has not been brought to consoles. Definitely a worthy prequel!

#416 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2952 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 March 2021 - 03:49 PM

F the PS3 store closing. My PS3 is busted so I need to buy a used one and migrate over before the closure.

#417 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   4045 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 March 2021 - 06:41 PM

What was the new sale today?

#418 Timbobway  

Timbobway

Posted 24 March 2021 - 07:11 PM

What was the new sale today?

I don't think there is one.  I was hoping for a Shadow of the Tomb Raider dlc sale at least.

#419 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71182 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 24 March 2021 - 07:58 PM

Watch Dog Legions is the Deal of the Week:

https://store.playst...-3d02ae20c896/1

$19.79 for the base game and $47.99 for the Ultimate Edition.

Free trial for the weekend can be preloaded here:

https://store.playst...RWFULLGAME00000

#420 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4145 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 March 2021 - 08:18 PM

I wonder why the xbox doesn't have the option to preload watch dogs