* * * - - 8 votes

Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

#481 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4490 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 March 2021 - 08:56 AM

Links to sneak onto the old PSN webstore seem to be dead. :censored:

I preferred the wold store,. the new one is crap that doesn't even understand basic search functions!

Even my old bookmarks are SOL now.

#482 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3784 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 27 March 2021 - 01:04 PM

RIP old site. The last bastion of basic functionality.

Sony just loves to shit the bed. And if there's a corner that's not dirty, they'll go fishing in the toilet to finish the job.

#483 topchief1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   601 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

topchief1

Posted 27 March 2021 - 01:47 PM

At least as of last night I can still access it, though I had previously been opening new tabs for games I was considering and was now getting error messages, so i just have to jot down stuff in on the fence on.

Haven't tried this morning so I'm sure I just jinxed myself

#484 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2918 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 March 2021 - 02:05 PM

Hopefully someone here might be able to help me.

Recently I noticed that if you go to purchase games through the PS4 store, you can literally buy games you got through PLUS so that you don't lose them if plus ever stops being offered/goes down/offline.

Is there a way to do this with PS3 games?
With the PS3 store closing soon, I'm nervous I'll lose the handful of PS+ titles I really loved such as Mickey Mouse: Castle of Illusion Deluxe, Demon Souls (Though I do got it on PS5 now) and a handful of others!

Really you can? I wanted to do that with The Witness as part of the Play at Home event! I can't figure it out though. :/

#485 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   20336 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 March 2021 - 02:09 PM

Well I got Ratchet though Plus but was still able to get it for free

#486 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4490 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 March 2021 - 08:28 PM

Really you can? I wanted to do that with The Witness as part of the Play at Home event! I can't figure it out though. :/

Yep, just use the PS4 store and it will offer you a chance to either download of buy it now!

#487 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4742 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 28 March 2021 - 03:14 AM

Any suggestions on getting the Beat saber slip/code that game with one of the PSVR bundles? Having a hard time finding it online and am not the biggest fan of digital. Would at least like to have the slip/insert too.

#488 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   1352 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 March 2021 - 05:48 AM

Yep, just use the PS4 store and it will offer you a chance to either download of buy it now!

Strange, not working that way for me.  BroForce only gives me the option to download it or get it from PSNow.

#489 ProfessorStotch   Banned CAGiversary!   13823 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 28 March 2021 - 12:55 PM

You guys remind me of the old people who complain when facebook changes something and now it's so awful

#490 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3784 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 28 March 2021 - 02:35 PM

That would be true if things were just different. Are you familiar with Sony, at all? Actively making user experience worse is their modus operandi.

#491 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2918 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 March 2021 - 04:25 PM

Strange, not working that way for me.  BroForce only gives me the option to download it or get it from PSNow.

Same here.

#492 CrepeNuts  

Posted 28 March 2021 - 06:03 PM

Can I just say that the selection on PS Now is utter garbage? Maybe I’m spoiled with having used Game Pass but there’s next to nothing I want to play or don’t already own on PS Now. There’s a decent amount of ps3 games that I’d check out or revisit, but no, I do not want to stream any games. Sony’s tech isn’t good enough to do this competently. The latency kills any ability to comfortably play a game. I have no idea how Mortal Kombat (PS3) is one of the most popular games on the service where reaction time is ruined by the latency issues.

Sorry, just needed to vent. PS Now is a garbage service and not worth it. Glad I only paid 99 cents to revisit it.

#493 Sporkis   Barley Legal CAGiversary!   1839 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 March 2021 - 07:15 PM

Same here.

I got it work with The Witness.  I had the option of "Download Now" or "Add to Cart", added it to cart (added as Free btw), went through the usual purchase process and success.  Pretty sure it worked as before hand it kept listing it as "Free" then afterward changed to "Purchase" like the others.  It might only be with games with the Play at Home promo though.

EDIT:  Just checked & also got a new sale receipt for it as well, so pretty sure it worked.

#494 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8449 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2021 - 02:22 AM

I've got $10 in my PlayStation Network Wallet.

Any thoughts on the following PS4/Vita cross-buy games?  

Chasm

Samurai Shodown V Special

The King of Fighters '97 Global Match

I can either buy Chasm or Samurai Shodown and The King of Fighters.

#495 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30712 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2021 - 04:23 AM

I don't think Chasm is worth $10

#496 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5849 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 29 March 2021 - 04:25 AM

I've got $10 in my PlayStation Network Wallet.

Any thoughts on the following PS4/Vita cross-buy games?  

Chasm
Samurai Shodown V Special
The King of Fighters '97 Global Match

I can either buy Chasm or Samurai Shodown and The King of Fighters.

Do you still play on Android and have a Bluetooth controller? Sam Sho V isn't there, but KOF97 and some other SNK classics are, and they're only .99 on sale. I would only get them for Vita if you wanted to play them on the bus or train. The big screen tablet and controller are much more comfortable.

If you're looking for a Bluetooth controller, I'd recommend the 8bitDo M30, which is great for fighting games. There's also a Sega Saturn replica controller, but the dpads on those can be defective. Only the USB version of that controller was fixed to remedy the issue.

#497 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4042 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2021 - 05:23 AM

Can't decide if shenmue 3 with steelbook is worth $10

#498 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5593 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2021 - 06:33 AM

Do you still play on Android and have a Bluetooth controller? Sam Sho V isn't there, but KOF97 and some other SNK classics are, and they're only .99 on sale. I would only get them for Vita if you wanted to play them on the bus or train. The big screen tablet and controller are much more comfortable.

If you're looking for a Bluetooth controller, I'd recommend the 8bitDo M30, which is great for fighting games. There's also a Sega Saturn replica controller, but the dpads on those can be defective. Only the USB version of that controller was fixed to remedy the issue.

I’m not sure about Android, but SNK has a terrible track record of keeping their games updated to work on newer hardware on iOS. Supposedly all their fighting games on iOS have been unplayably broken for like four years now.

#499 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8449 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2021 - 10:47 AM

I don't think Chasm is worth $10

Thanks for the feedback, guys.  I will likely go with the two fighting games since the price for both is just right.  And I have a PS4 and a Vita, so I'd probably give it a whirl on both.  I still have a bunch of Android devices, but I don't use them nearly as much these days.  

#500 kidrocklive   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2256 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

kidrocklive

Posted 29 March 2021 - 12:23 PM

This statement coupled with the fact I did the kickstarter for $60 and got no steelbook makes me sad. 

#501 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71087 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 29 March 2021 - 01:39 PM

#502 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 29 March 2021 - 02:44 PM

It 100% is.

#503 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4042 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2021 - 02:45 PM

It 100% is.

i never finished 1 and i have never played 2. I either need to hook up the dreamcast or buy 1 & 2 lol

#504 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2918 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2021 - 03:45 PM

I got it work with The Witness.  I had the option of "Download Now" or "Add to Cart", added it to cart (added as Free btw), went through the usual purchase process and success.  Pretty sure it worked as before hand it kept listing it as "Free" then afterward changed to "Purchase" like the others.  It might only be with games with the Play at Home promo though.

EDIT:  Just checked & also got a new sale receipt for it as well, so pretty sure it worked.

Ok, thanks. I'll look again when I'm home. Don't forget to do it to Abzu too.

Definitely is in my book.

#505 Deuteros  

Posted 29 March 2021 - 03:56 PM

With access to the old PlayStation webstore gone, the new webstore being what it is and since I currently don't have access to a PS4 or a PS5, what are my options for claiming the free 'Play at Home' games?

#506 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4185 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 29 March 2021 - 04:02 PM

With access to the old PlayStation webstore gone, the new webstore being what it is and since I currently don't have access to a PS4 or a PS5, what are my options for claiming the free 'Play at Home' games?

I used the app

#507 Sonic9jct   Wubba lubba dub dub CAGiversary!   375 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Sonic9jct

Posted 29 March 2021 - 04:35 PM

Try a different browser or incognito mode. I've literally had the new PS Store work with one of my chrome accounts but not with the other on the same device.

#508 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   3786 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2021 - 04:35 PM

The PlayStation app for mobile is great resource for claiming PS plus games. I use it to claim PS Plus games for PS4/PS5.

Even was able to claim PS5 Plus games without owning a PS5.

#509 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11012 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2021 - 05:28 PM

PS3, PSP and Vita stores confirmed to be closing but you’ll be able to still download what you own.

https://www.pushsqua...ill_be_retained

#510 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71087 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 29 March 2021 - 05:54 PM