Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
I'm enjoying Tales of Kenzera: ZAU a lot so far. It has much less of a focus on combat, not to the point of not having any of it, but in the sense that you're not constantly fighting enemies as a constant test of your handle on the combat like Prince of Persia had. Instead, you start off with the double jump and wall jump abilities to give it more of a straightforward platforming focus early on while it unveils the combat and exploration abilities to you. The game is also much less focused on a map full of blockages and shortcuts, so you're moving forward and back through paths a lot after a few hours so far. You do get skill points every so often after killing enough enemies and discovering new areas that unlock stuff on a fairly short skill tree for the two masks you switch between, which add some new abilities for combat to flesh it out a bit more that seems like you'll get everything by the end of the game.

Target shipped my copy of Stellar Blade I got for $53 (had a 20% off coupon and some leftover gift card bucks) and the estimated delivery is May 2nd. Big oof. It's ok though, since I finally started my NG+ playthrough of Xenoblade 3, so this gives me a chance to finish that.

Target shipped my copy of Stellar Blade I got for $53 (had a 20% off coupon and some leftover gift card bucks) and the estimated delivery is May 2nd. Big oof. It's ok though, since I finally started my NG+ playthrough of Xenoblade 3, so this gives me a chance to finish that.
Mine shipped too. It was showing May 1st for me, but updated to April 29th. I don't expect to get it on release, as Target is awful with shipping pre orders, but would have been nice to play it the weekend it comes out.

I've had my PS5 for almost one year and every time it asks me to pick a user every time I boot up even though I'm the only user of this console. Well if you're stupid like me, there's an option in the settings you have to toggle and it automatically logs you in. 😅

As for what I've been playing. Just started playing Dave the Diver, I can see this game being very fun and addictive. Will play Zau sometime in the near future most likely.

Also thinking about going for the platinum in Days Gone. Never got to finish it and have had it in my backlog for awhile. Days Gone and Ghost of Tsushima were some of the reasons why I upgraded to the PS5.

Mine shipped too. It was showing May 1st for me, but updated to April 29th. I don't expect to get it on release, as Target is awful with shipping pre orders, but would have been nice to play it the weekend it comes out.
Mine actually updated to 4/26, so we'll see if it actually makes it on time. I hope both our games move quickly!

Target has PS Portal in stock that you might be able to get at a discount through Circle offers. I had a 10% off storewide and a $15 off $90+ purchase so it ends up being like ~$167 before taxes. Also used up some of leftover discounted giftcard balance I had from when they were 10% off.

For all the hate this thing gets on twitter, I find that it is one of the more useful impulse buys I have made. Sure, you can stream games to any device from the PS5 but the controls feel like I am using a Dualsense controller. The only downside is the touchpad functionality is kinda finicky depending on the game (I tap the screen furiously until it registers as a touchpad click). I used it last night while watching the NFL Draft. It feels perfect for anyone in a situation where the TV is shared or where there are kids that occupy the TV a lot.

Does the Portal stream well? Is it any better than a backbone and PS Remote Play/PSPlay ?

I tried TLOU2 on my S24 Ultra and backbone and it was almost unplayable with the lag and choppy movement and I tried both streaming apps as well as port forwarding and nothing made it any better

Does the Portal stream well? Is it any better than a backbone and PS Remote Play/PSPlay ?

I tried TLOU2 on my S24 Ultra and backbone and it was almost unplayable with the lag and choppy movement and I tried both streaming apps as well as port forwarding and nothing made it any better
It's literally been flawless for me, but I think it's very dependent on your network environment. My PS5 is hardwired and I have 1gb fiber Internet so I'm sure that all helps.

Streaming anything is more dependent on your house/apartment and your internet. My home is about 100 years old in the original parts of it. So it eats internet signals in places. So my ps4 I have to use wired into the internet box as an example. My internet is also nit great since I'm in a rural area and my home is located in the woods.

I once tried playing .Hack g.u. and tales of Berseria via remoteplay on the og vita and that was barely playable because of how choppy it is. .hack also has a tutorial that requires opening the map which cannot seemingly be done on a vita as they allocated the button to the touch pad on the ps4 remote.

Target has PS Portal in stock that you might be able to get at a discount through Circle offers. I had a 10% off storewide and a $15 off $90+ purchase so it ends up being like ~$167 before taxes. Also used up some of leftover discounted giftcard balance I had from when they were 10% off.
Target Circle has to be one of the worst programs. I get offers for food and laundry purchases, but my purchase history is toys and video games. I don’t need $5 off of $20 homecare purchases as my major circle offer. I don’t understand it.

Last edited:
Anybody want a prince of persia lost crown pre order bonus code? Comes in the box with new copies but may not with pre owned or digital. It is the warrior within outfit. I'll just post it if I don't get a response in an hour or so

Thanks for the input on the Portal guys. I might attempt to run a cat6 cable to my bedroom (ps5) and living room (xbox) through my attic so I can just be wired. The house is only about 8 years old but for whatever reason I just have issues with remote play on my wifi signal.

Target Circle has to be one of the worst programs. I get offers for food and laundry purchases, but my purchase history is toys and video games. I don’t need $5 off of $20 homecare purchases as my major circle offer. I don’t understand it.
Its main purpose is to track you and your customer identity.

you're just lucky you don't live in China.

Thanks for the input on the Portal guys. I might attempt to run a cat6 cable to my bedroom (ps5) and living room (xbox) through my attic so I can just be wired. The house is only about 8 years old but for whatever reason I just have issues with remote play on my wifi signal.
As others have said, it is highly dependent on your home network setup. I typically game on a Lazyboy in the same room as the PS5 (sometimes in a nearby room 20-30 feet away) which is connected to my router/modem via an ethernet cable. I had issues in the initial period when the Portal first came out (I bought it on launch) but I think things have improved since then in terms of connectivity. I don't know if Sony fixed things with updates or not to explain it. I have been able to play online FIFA games remote streaming from another room without issue. I use the Xfinity Wifi6 router/modem in case you are curious.

I freakin' love it, they regularly do $15 gift cards on $50 household product orders. I always need tp and paper towels. Though after the last two offers, I'm good on those until late summer.

As others have said, it is highly dependent on your home network setup. I typically game on a Lazyboy in the same room as the PS5 (sometimes in a nearby room 20-30 feet away) which is connected to my router/modem via an ethernet cable. I had issues in the initial period when the Portal first came out (I bought it on launch) but I think things have improved since then in terms of connectivity. I don't know if Sony fixed things with updates or not to explain it. I have been able to play online FIFA games remote streaming from another room without issue. I use the Xfinity Wifi6 router/modem in case you are curious.
My PS5 is like 10-15 ft from my bed but my router is in the kitchen which is over a room. My brother does fiber for work so I questioned him on how difficult it'd be and he says very doable so I'm going to attempt that soon, thanks for the input!

I kind of figured it'd be awful for multiplayer (COD, Fortnite, etc) which i rarely play anyways but it'd be great to be able to play my single player games while the TV is being used.

Finished Tales of Kenzera ZAU over the weekend. Took about 10 hours for 100% completion.
Nice metroidvania with a good story and decent world map but Prince of Persia Lost Crown is a much better overall game.
Still I enjoyed my time with it and was glad it was a day one PS Extra game.

My PS5 is like 10-15 ft from my bed but my router is in the kitchen which is over a room. My brother does fiber for work so I questioned him on how difficult it'd be and he says very doable so I'm going to attempt that soon, thanks for the input!

I kind of figured it'd be awful for multiplayer (COD, Fortnite, etc) which i rarely play anyways but it'd be great to be able to play my single player games while the TV is being used.

I was pleasantly surprised by my experience with FIFA PRO CLUBS online on the Portal. I don't do FPS games competitively online so I can't speak to that genre but it was very doable with FIFA for me.

Finished Tales of Kenzera ZAU over the weekend. Took about 10 hours for 100% completion.
Nice metroidvania with a good story and decent world map but Prince of Persia Lost Crown is a much better overall game.
Still I enjoyed my time with it and was glad it was a day one PS Extra game.
Nice, I'm actually more interested knowing it's a shorter experience. Playing Banishers Ghost of New Eden right now. Went into it thinking it was like a ~15 hour game, but it's way bigger than I realized. The game was fantastic for the first 10 hours, but has really become a slog and I'm debating just moving on to something else.

So, what's everyone's thoughts on Stellar Blade so far? After putting in several hours, I'd give it a 7/10. The graphics are beautiful, the music is pleasant, the English voice acting is very wooden, the costumes are fun to collect, and the story is super-cliched. But, the most important part is the combat and I think it's overall fun. There's some jankiness to the controls that was present in the demo, and that little bit of input delay can lead to some cheap shots from the enemies. I'm not super-big on Soulslike games, but I feel like this game's combat is clicking with me much more than those games did. It just feels good to play more often than it doesn't. But, I have a major problem with the inability to remap the controller, since often when I try to block with L1, I accidentally hit the L2 button behind it and go into ranged mode, which completely screws me up.

Speaking of ranged mode, which is very good BTW and presents a fun third person shooter experience, light spoiler: there's a part where you go into an old lab and you can only use your gun, no melee, and it is so freaking creepy. I joked to my husband we all thought Stellar Blade was going to be a Nier Automata rip-off, but what we got was Dark Souls, but what we actually got was Dead Space. And, that's a compliment.

It's not a $70 game. That price is for AAA and this is a AA game. There's nothing wrong with that, of course, but it needs to be pointed out that the game is overpriced. Look at Helldivers: another AA game that's only $40 and worth every penny. Stellar Blade should have been $60 at most. I got it for about $53 after a Target coupon, so I'm pretty happy, and I think $50 is a sweet spot price for a flawed but fun and stylish AA experience.

So, what's everyone's thoughts on Stellar Blade so far? After putting in several hours, I'd give it a 7/10. The graphics are beautiful, the music is pleasant, the English voice acting is very wooden, the costumes are fun to collect, and the story is super-cliched. But, the most important part is the combat and I think it's overall fun. There's some jankiness to the controls that was present in the demo, and that little bit of input delay can lead to some cheap shots from the enemies. I'm not super-big on Soulslike games, but I feel like this game's combat is clicking with me much more than those games did. It just feels good to play more often than it doesn't. But, I have a major problem with the inability to remap the controller, since often when I try to block with L1, I accidentally hit the L2 button behind it and go into ranged mode, which completely screws me up.

Speaking of ranged mode, which is very good BTW and presents a fun third person shooter experience, light spoiler: there's a part where you go into an old lab and you can only use your gun, no melee, and it is so freaking creepy. I joked to my husband we all thought Stellar Blade was going to be a Nier Automata rip-off, but what we got was Dark Souls, but what we actually got was Dead Space. And, that's a compliment.

It's not a $70 game. That price is for AAA and this is a AA game. There's nothing wrong with that, of course, but it needs to be pointed out that the game is overpriced. Look at Helldivers: another AA game that's only $40 and worth every penny. Stellar Blade should have been $60 at most. I got it for about $53 after a Target coupon, so I'm pretty happy, and I think $50 is a sweet spot price for a flawed but fun and stylish AA experience.

Gamefly tree fiddy, and one more decimal.

Y'all are out here playing Stellar Blade while my slow ass is just starting Borderlands 3 from my backlog. How do you guys finish all of these long ass games so quickly?
It's crazy how fast some of the CAGs clear games! College, work, gf/bf, and still finish them so fast. I have a job, and that alone kills 3 or 4 days a week (12-13 hour shifts), my days off I play but I still have to see my girl, my daughter, mow the yard, all the normal people stuff lol If I'm lucky I can squeeze in maybe 20 hours of gaming and that's a really lazy week, usually I get about 10 hours in.

bread's done
Back