Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Anyone hear of more wrongful suspensions/bans going out since it happened in December? Got an email this morning that my account was suspended for content in "messages". At first I figured it was spam, but I tried logging in through official means and verified the suspension. Barking up the wrong tree, Sony; I haven't ever touched messages outside of when a CAG member and I used to coordinate co-op. Not to mention last online 2-3 years ago. . .

They're not accepting appeals on temp bans so I can't even clear my name since this is obviously wrongful accusation, and I would be concerned that someone has my account except for the fact there's 2FA on the account and every time I log in it texts me. So what the AF Sony?
Spoke with CS and they escalated it to a review team and the ban was lifted same day. Makes me wonder just how common this is outside of massive perma-ban waves that catch false positives like the one in December. The fact this was around message content that wasn't even posted--like how do you actually fuck up that badly? JFC Sony.

I skimmed over it the first time, and then again and again, but that fourth time really got my attention. Thank you.

Just got an offer of 1 month of PS Plus Extra for the price of Essential on my account if anyone is interested, you may want to check yours. Doesn't work for 3 or 12 month though. Pretty lame, so I guess I will continue without PS Plus. Curious though, has anyone gotten any discount on the Essential Plan since the price hike? I contacted support about this one month offer only, and they told me that since the rise in price, the essential plan hasn't had any type of discount since? Is this true?

Just got an offer of 1 month of PS Plus Extra for the price of Essential on my account if anyone is interested, you may want to check yours. Doesn't work for 3 or 12 month though. Pretty lame, so I guess I will continue without PS Plus. Curious though, has anyone gotten any discount on the Essential Plan since the price hike? I contacted support about this one month offer only, and they told me that since the rise in price, the essential plan hasn't had any type of discount since? Is this true?
I got the email but it still shows full price :(

Impressions after beating the Stellar Blade demo and dying I think 7-8 times.

First of all this is an action game kind of mixing souls like combat with some more action going on. You play as some girl who crash lands on a planet and must fight for survival. Pretty much the place you end up is a desolate wasteland perfect for adventuring, fighting, and finding lots of random junk I have no idea of how to use (mainly for upgrades I believe). The story is okay enough kind of reminding me of a typical anime where stuff happens and of course the hero needs to respond to such stuff happening. It's very passable and the girl is some naïve maybe machine or something. She does work with a guy who is her eyes and operates a robot scanning thing. I don't want to ruin any story, but it's not that deep for what I've seen.

The graphics are the biggest boon for this game. The character graphics are solid enough although the face movement and such looks a little goofy. The environment are pretty nice although items are tiny little sparks which you must manually pick up with R2. I turned off motion blur and rocking as I don't like those things in games, so someone else will tell you how they affect gameplay. The characters and enemies animate well enough although some animations seem tiny for movement/attacks and are harder to read. Your character is not some super busty ultra sexualized character, but the design is still pretty sexualized. The animations for things are pretty decent but maybe not amazing. I feel like some attacks and such don't feel as impactful because of the animations. I do have to mention that sometimes stuff breaks off the environment or such and uses a physics engine, and stuff breaks OK, but the breaking parts just look lesser quality IMHO. Also the physics for things falling and such can look pretty goofy as well.

One thing I need to mention for sure is movement. Movement in battle is slightly bit floaty at times. The attacks have some weight but also don't feel as weighty sometimes. I got used to parrying although like Sekiro you need to parry all the hits before you go in and counter attack. You can dodge as well and when you perfect dodge (not very good at this as I can't get the dodging animation timed correctly very often) the character turns red and you can follow up with an attack or some other stuff. It's a more action packed souls like, but for bigger enemies you must dodge/parry to not get beaten down as the enemies don't really seem to flinch. As usual for souls games you have an item that heals you that recharges at save places, but you can use a certain amount of other healing items/other items as well in combat. So pretty much for me anyway I was just waiting to counterattack enemies as going in combos ablazing would equal death. Movement in the overworld is where the game gets some more negative points. The movement feels very stiff at times especially when jumping (jumping feels terrible in this) and when climbing and moving around more narrow objects. The other environment traversal is okay for the most part.

The sound design is pretty spot on. The sound effects are loud and impactful. The English voices were pretty solid for the most part. I liked the main girl's voice and her exploring partner's one. The music has a lot of vocal tracks which are okay and fit the mood. I'm not crazy for them, but they didn't blare out or make me angry either.

I feel this is going to be one of the more overhyped titles this year especially since it's a big AAA Sony published title. I don't think it will be a bad game at all and will be pretty satisfying for the most part. I can already tell the story I'm likely not going to care much about, and the characters will be there and I'll be okay with them. This game is more for the the exploring and souls like combat, of which is also okay. I'm debating whether this is worth my full price of $69.99 + tax. According to the demo this feels more like a 7 to 7.5 out of 10, which are worth playing, but unlikely to be my favorite games. Solid if not too stellar.

Last edited:
Impressions after beating the Stellar Blade demo and dying I think 7-8 times.

First of all this is an action game kind of mixing souls like combat with some more action going on. You play as some girl who crash lands on a planet and must fight for survival. Pretty much the place you end up is a desolate wasteland perfect for adventuring, fighting, and finding lots of random junk I have no idea of how to use (mainly for upgrades I believe). The story is okay enough kind of reminding me of a typical anime where stuff happens and of course the hero needs to respond to such stuff happening. It's very passable and the girl is some naïve maybe machine or something. She does work with a guy who is her eyes and operates a robot scanning thing. I don't want to ruin any story, but it's not that deep for what I've seen.

The graphics are the biggest boon for this game. The character graphics are solid enough although the face movement and such looks a little goofy. The environment are pretty nice although items are tiny little sparks which you must manually pick up with R2. I turned off motion blur and rocking as I don't like those things in games, so someone else will tell you how they affect gameplay. The characters and enemies animate well enough although some animations seem tiny for movement/attacks and are harder to read. Your character is not some super busty ultra sexualized character, but the design is still pretty sexualized. The animations for things are pretty decent but maybe not amazing. I feel like some attacks and such don't feel as impactful because of the animations. I do have to mention that sometimes stuff breaks off the environment or such and uses a physics engine, and stuff breaks OK, but the breaking parts just look lesser quality IMHO. Also the physics for things falling and such can look pretty goofy as well.

One thing I need to mention for sure is movement. Movement in battle is slightly bit floaty at times. The attacks have some weight but also don't feel as weighty sometimes. I got used to parrying although like Sekiro you need to parry all the hits before you go in and counter attack. You can dodge as well and when you perfect dodge (not very good at this as I can't get the dodging animation timed correctly very often) the character turns red and you can follow up with an attack or some other stuff. It's a more action packed souls like, but for bigger enemies you must dodge/parry to not get beaten down as the enemies don't really seem to flinch. As usual for souls games you have an item that heals you that recharges at save places, but you can use a certain amount of other healing items/other items as well in combat. So pretty much for me anyway I was just waiting to counterattack enemies as going in combos ablazing would equal death. Movement in the overworld is where the game gets some more negative points. The movement feels very stiff at times especially when jumping (jumping feels terrible in this) and when climbing and moving around more narrow objects. The other environment traversal is okay for the most part.

The sound design is pretty spot on. The sound effects are loud and impactful. The English voices were pretty solid for the most part. I liked the main girl's voice and her exploring partner's one. The music has a lot of vocal tracks which are okay and fit the mood. I'm not crazy for them, but they didn't blare out or make me angry either.

I feel this is going to be one of the more overhyped titles this year especially since it's a big AAA Sony published title. I don't think it will be a bad game at all and will be pretty satisfying for the most part. I can already tell the story I'm likely not going to care much about, and the characters will be there and I'll be okay with them. This game is more for the the exploring and souls like combat, of which is also okay. I'm debating whether this is worth my full price of $69.99 + tax. According to the demo this feels more like a 7 to 7.5 out of 10, which are worth playing, but unlikely to be my favorite games. Solid if not too stellar.

I agree with you on most points except maybe the sound design, music choice seems odd and the voice acting just seems off. It's like the dialogue is good and the VAs are good, but they're uncomfortable reading their lines. And the graphics, honestly it was impressive at how nicely the hair and clothing moves (albeit, the hair seems to want to just part itself to her frontside when physics tells you is should be behind her) but that the environment is so lifeless/inconsistent (foliage moves during the cut-scenes but is dead still in gameplay, some falling water is interactive while others are not, etc).

EDIT* oh and games really need to do away with "press X to pick up items" already.

I agree with you on most points except maybe the sound design, music choice seems odd and the voice acting just seems off. It's like the dialogue is good and the VAs are good, but they're uncomfortable reading their lines. And the graphics, honestly it was impressive at how nicely the hair and clothing moves (albeit, the hair seems to want to just part itself to her frontside when physics tells you is should be behind her) but that the environment is so lifeless/inconsistent (foliage moves during the cut-scenes but is dead still in gameplay, some falling water is interactive while others are not, etc).

EDIT* oh and games really need to do away with "press X to pick up items" already.
In this case pressing the R2 button to pick, stupid decision but they let you auto pick up which is nice. Also there more settings which makes things better. I dont agree what he said about the the AAA Sony exclusive. Its not AAA its from a studio that made like 2 gatcha games and this being there 1st console big game. Its not some top budget game with facial capturing etc........

From what I've seen on social media, Stellar Blade is developing a toxic defense brigade already.
Yeah theres multiple sides people being toxic the complaining about the body and how real woman dont be like that in the real world which they actually they do. The other side is the ones that are obsessed with her body and uncensoredness. They act like they never seen something like that in there entire life. Its 2024 its video game with a girl ad a main character in a nice outfit. Dont like it swap to another outfit with blue jeans problem solved.

Honestly the model isn't that busty vs anime game standards. This isn't God Eater style of female characters. I don't think it feels AAA either, but it's being sold at AAA prices and will be one of the flagship Sony published titles this year. This generation of games makes me think much more about game prices as the tax + $10 price hike leaves me waiting longer for games. Sometimes I buy into the hype too, like my Rise of the Ronin remark, but I'm likely waiting on this game unless I really want an action game like this because I know the story wont leave any impact on me. I honestly think playing Crymachina would likely fill the same niche for me and would cost less and likely have a better story.

Last edited:
Damn just found out sifu was $13.99 months ago. Now ita $15.99 and I bought it. Surprised I didn't see it months ago. Also lame that it was cheaper months ago and not now. By the way psdeals prettt good site letting you know the history of the deals.

The PS+ Overwatch 2 Mega Bundle is available now as well.

This pack includes:
- Beekeeper Sigma Legendary Skin
- Art Deco Symmetra Legendary Skin
- Runner Sojourn Epic Skin
- Punker Queen Junker Queen Epic Skin
- Construction Ramattra Epic Skin
- Matsuri Kiriko Epic Skin
- Cassia Lifeweaver Epic Skin
- Amethyst Illari Epic Skin
- Rugby Mauga Epic Skin
- 5x Battle Pass Tier Skips

Amazon has Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth on PS5 for $40 again, but they also have a 20% coupon which applies to it. I'm almost done with Midnight Suns, so I finally caved and picked it up for $32.

I'm not sure if the coupon is Prime Members only, it doesn't mention it in the terms, but I only see the coupon when I'm signed in.

Amazon has Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth on PS5 for $40 again, but they also have a 20% coupon which applies to it. I'm almost done with Midnight Suns, so I finally caved and picked it up for $32.

I'm not sure if the coupon is Prime Members only, it doesn't mention it in the terms, but I only see the coupon when I'm signed in.
Tried this but for some reason it says I’m not eligible for the coupon. I do have Prime as well so maybe the coupon is targeted?

Tried this but for some reason it says I’m not eligible for the coupon. I do have Prime as well so maybe the coupon is targeted?
Damn, sorry. I have no clue how I'm eligible, I only found the coupon when I looked the game up.

Unrelated question, anyone here play Tekken 8 on PS5?

bread's done
Back