Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Basically all this. A remaster Infamous I would pay $20 max for personally. Remakes like Persona 3 were worth it because it was a complete remake. Lots of work. But lazy ones like you mentioned, and un-needed ones (like the rumored Persona 4 remake...WHY?!) just take the team away from making something new. Yes people will always like nostalgia, but make a new game...please?
I thought they were remaking 2 supposedly.

Interesting insider discussion and notes about current ongoings between Bungie and Sony regarding Destiny. Bungie's failure, and what is getting addressed going forward.

I’d say Bungie’s failure was deciding to turn Halo into an FPS instead of keeping it an RTS as originally planned. It’s all been downhill from there.

I’d say Bungie’s failure was deciding to turn Halo into an FPS instead of keeping it an RTS as originally planned. It’s all been downhill from there.

I think bungies bigger mistake was abandoning halo, and then again getting bought out by Sony.

I love my Playstation 5, but the success of gamepass and Microsofts strategic vision absolutely would've done more for them.

It feels to me like Microsoft buys companies because they have a plan for them. Sony buys companies because Microsoft is buying companies.

Dunno if it's been mentioned yet (didn't see it in a quick scan of the thread), but Balatro came out last month and is one hell of a game. Poker meets Slay The Spire, kinda: your goal is to get a lot of points by forming poker hands, and then you spend money earned to upgrade your deck in various ways before taking on the next opponent.

First time a PS+ trial had me hooked the whole hour straight, so I slapped down the $15 and have been a fan ever since. Fun way to spend some time when you have a half hour to squeeze a game in.

I feel like I'm in the minority but I actually prefer straight up ports, rather than remasters. A good remaster is great but a bad one can totally kill a game. The Double Eleven port of RDR to PS4//5/switch I think works way better than a potential remaster could as the game still looks great. Same with the Stubbs The Zombie port - which honestly I'd have loved a remaster of, but it's totally a game I think they'd botch with laziness. A straight port of The Sly Collection to PS4/5, killzone, Resistance etc. I think I'd prefer to a potentially botched remaster.

I guess the counter argument of course is a good remaster totally does improve an old game for nostalgia purposes, I just honestly don't feel there's many good remasters

They're remaking both from what I've heard.

The remake of 4 I don't think is all that unnecessary. It's hard to go back to Golden after playing 5 and Royal, and I LOVED Golden.

I wouldn't mind a refresh with QOL changes.

They need to remaster or at the very least port Digital Devil Saga, Devil Summoner, Devil Survivor or literally anything else besides yet another Persona game. Persona 3 is on its 4th version and yet the absolute masterpiece that is Digital Devil Saga is stuck on PS2 forever. Atlus is just a Persona factory now I guess. Sometimes I really resent the popularity the Persona games got at the expense of other SMT games. Especially since the Persona games have gotten progressively worse since 3 (unpopular opinion I know). So sick of these emo high schoolers and teen waifus and aggressively annoying anthropomorphic animal sidekicks.

SMT5 was amazing at least, but we will never get another Raidou game, and instead of Devil Survivor 3 they made a Persona 5 Tactics game. I’m at the point that I am ignoring all Persona games out of spite. I haven’t played any of them since vanilla Persona 5 first came out and I don’t feel a bit of FOMO. And the way Atlus sliced off Persona 3’s FES content into paid dlc for the remaster is almost impressive in its shamelessness.

Sure, by the standards of FPSes. Meanwhile Myth and Myth II are actually good, and if Bungie had basically made Halo in that style, it could have been, too.

Ah yes, when I was in high school playing 16 person Xbox LAN Parties on 4 Xbox's I remember people saying "Yeah this Halo game is okay on FPS standards but I really wish it was as good as those classics that we all know and love, Myth and Myth II, THEN this would be a real party!"

Thoroughly enjoying how this entire month has had demos that carry progress over to the game. A trend that hopefully will continue.

They need to remaster or at the very least port Digital Devil Saga, Devil Summoner, Devil Survivor or literally anything else besides yet another Persona game. Persona 3 is on its 4th version and yet the absolute masterpiece that is Digital Devil Saga is stuck on PS2 forever. Atlus is just a Persona factory now I guess. Sometimes I really resent the popularity the Persona games got at the expense of other SMT games. Especially since the Persona games have gotten progressively worse since 3 (unpopular opinion I know). So sick of these emo high schoolers and teen waifus and aggressively annoying anthropomorphic animal sidekicks.

SMT5 was amazing at least, but we will never get another Raidou game, and instead of Devil Survivor 3 they made a Persona 5 Tactics game. I’m at the point that I am ignoring all Persona games out of spite. I haven’t played any of them since vanilla Persona 5 first came out and I don’t feel a bit of FOMO. And the way Atlus sliced off Persona 3’s FES content into paid dlc for the remaster is almost impressive in its shamelessness.
If it makes you feel better, I downloaded all the SMT games I could find on PSN onto my PS3 last week.

Buy 1 gaming card, get 15% off another at Best Buy.

It gives the discount on the larger card. I bought a $100 digital PSN code and a $10 card (discount doesn't trigger with 2 digital cards) for $95. Got the digital code already, card says it arrives tomorrow.

Last edited:
Anyone hear of more wrongful suspensions/bans going out since it happened in December? Got an email this morning that my account was suspended for content in "messages". At first I figured it was spam, but I tried logging in through official means and verified the suspension. Barking up the wrong tree, Sony; I haven't ever touched messages outside of when a CAG member and I used to coordinate co-op. Not to mention last online 2-3 years ago. . .

They're not accepting appeals on temp bans so I can't even clear my name since this is obviously wrongful accusation, and I would be concerned that someone has my account except for the fact there's 2FA on the account and every time I log in it texts me. So what the AF Sony?

Uhh might want to open it. Both of my PSP batteries expanded. The battery cover was actually detached in the case and I thought..weird. Then I noticed it and my Pandora battery were plumped up.
This happened to my other PSP. I think it only happens when it's charged. Knock on wood my other is fine.

I'm sorry if this sounds stupid, I haven't posted since the old site was up. Do the PS deals still get posted in this thread or do I have to go to the Playstation website? I know Xbox still posts links to the games in their threads but I can't find that same thing here.

Uhh might want to open it. Both of my PSP batteries expanded. The battery cover was actually detached in the case and I thought..weird. Then I noticed it and my Pandora battery were plumped up.
Yep. same here. My battery expanded and it ruined the system. It no longer works unless you have the cover taped tightly to hold the battery in, and even then it intermittently shuts off whenever the contacts act loose. Broken unit; pretty sad. Really lame way to lose a functional system.

Since I play it so much, I fortunately caught my expanding battery on my PSP before anything happened. I may need to have the screen replaced at some point, though, it’s got a couple tiny spots where the very outer layer of it is peeling a bit.

I also had an expanding battery on my laptop around the same time that I think did a little structural damage, but nothing to the actual functional parts of the computer, and I’m constantly worried about my 3DS battery these days.

I'm sorry if this sounds stupid, I haven't posted since the old site was up. Do the PS deals still get posted in this thread or do I have to go to the Playstation website? I know Xbox still posts links to the games in their threads but I can't find that same thing here.
No the deals don't really get posted anymore. Occasionally some sale highlights will get posted, but definitely not everything on sale

I was just thinking about this when my brother mentioned it happened to his PSP. I've got tons of handhelds with rechargeable batteries... and feel like they're all ticking time bombs. Hell, it just occurred to me that I've got one of those super old battery packs for the OG Game Boy, the rechargeable ones from like the 90s.

Anyone hear of more wrongful suspensions/bans going out since it happened in December? Got an email this morning that my account was suspended for content in "messages". At first I figured it was spam, but I tried logging in through official means and verified the suspension. Barking up the wrong tree, Sony; I haven't ever touched messages outside of when a CAG member and I used to coordinate co-op. Not to mention last online 2-3 years ago. . .

They're not accepting appeals on temp bans so I can't even clear my name since this is obviously wrongful accusation, and I would be concerned that someone has my account except for the fact there's 2FA on the account and every time I log in it texts me. So what the AF Sony?
Did you beat some people online recently? I just wonder if someone lost to you and retaliated by reporting you for a random reason?

DC Universe Online is out for the PS5 now:

Immortals must have been a massive bust I'm guessing. I wouldn't buy it honestly (not my favorite genre of game), but I will play it from PS+. Skul I rammed my head into the wall many times in my quite long playthrough of it. A decently fun action rogue lite which has some of the cheapest bosses I've felt in these type of games. Still worth playing and I believe they nerfed the difficulty a bit.

Immortals must have been a massive bust I'm guessing. I wouldn't buy it honestly (not my favorite genre of game), but I will play it from PS+. Skul I rammed my head into the wall many times in my quite long playthrough of it. A decently fun action rogue lite which has some of the cheapest bosses I've felt in these type of games. Still worth playing and I believe they nerfed the difficulty a bit.

I platinumed Immortals of Aveum. It was a pretty fun 8/10 game, like watching a good B movie. I think 2023 was just too stacked with releases. The other issue is that the game had a massive $125 million dollar budget. Hard to make that kind of money back during a stacked year but being free on PS Plus, there's no reason not to check it out.

Not a terrible month or anything but you can kinda see why the non-indies ended up as freebies so quickly. Minecraft Legends had a decent reception but no staying power, they dropped support within only 9 months of release. Kinda wish one of the non-indies was more of a hit, even if a little older. Looking back, it feels like there hasn't been a particularly bad monthly line-up in a while, just some disappointments here or there (the months where Foamstars and the Saints Row remake were headliners, for example).
However, can't say I'm seeing too much justification for the price hike either.

Last edited:
bread's done
Back