Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Streaming some MLB The Show 24, mainly some of the Storylines mode in the Negro Leagues and Derek Jeter stuff along with Road to the Show's addition of women players.

Edit: Here's the archive. The story for Road to the Show when you're playing as a woman is like an NBA 2K story mode where you have a friendly rival who you text and talk to on occasion and the MLB Network people talk about the both of you from time to time, but it's not the overbearing style that NBA 2K focuses on. They make the outfitting of your RTTS player with equipement from Diamond Dynasty a bit easier by highlighting the specific categories you have new items in, which is nice.

The Storylines mode this year has four of the Negro Leagues players that have been announced with two more waves of three coming in the next couple of months, but it's as good as it was last year while adding subtitles for the spoken lines that it didn't have last year. The Derek Jeter Storyline similarly has the stories and challenges for the first handful of years that will be added later, though Derek seems to be the one doing the storytelling in this versus somebody else. The Jeter challenges are much tougher than the Negro Leagues challenges I've seen so far.

Last edited:
Some release date announcements from the past few days:

Grandia HD Collection is coming to PS4 on March 26, which is the same version that's on Switch and PC:

The Last Case of Benedict Fox: Definitive Edition is coming to PS5 on March 26, which had a rough launch on Xbox that is supposed to have a big update to fix some stuff:

Terra Memoria is coming to PS5 on March 27, which is a turn-based RPG:

Saviorless is coming to PS5 on April 2, which is an action-platformer:

Moonglow Bay is coming to PS5/PS4 on April 11, which is a good fishing-focused life sim:

Planet of Lana is coming to PS5/PS4 April 16, which is a good cinematic puzzle platformer:

Crow County is coming to PS5 May 9, which is a PS1-style survival horror game:

Animal Well is coming to PS5 on May 9, which is a side-scrolling puzzle platformer by a solo dev:

Read Only Memories: Neurodiver is coming to PS5 on May 16, which is an adventure game like the first game:

System Shock's remake is coming to PS5/PS4 on May 21, which is a predecessor to the BioShock games:

Until Then is coming to PS5 May 23, which is a narrative adventure game:

But seriously.. why? They have not even began to reach the capabilities of the ps5 base model
TLOU Collection Ultimate Re-remastered Edition confirmed for holiday 2024. But seriously, a mid-cycle refresh isn't warranted this generation. Fairly certain MS isn't even planning one and even if they were, I wouldn't.

TLOU Collection Ultimate Re-remastered Edition confirmed for holiday 2024. But seriously, a mid-cycle refresh isn't warranted this generation. Fairly certain MS isn't even planning one and even if they were, I wouldn't.

I agree. Last gen, it was at a spot where a "Pro" console enabled people to upgrade to 4k (usually checkerboard, but still) and many times enabled going to more or less 60fps over 30fps. I just don't see a lot of games that could take that somewhat minor spec benefit and turn it into a noticeable difference. Sure it might iron out some dropped frames but it isn't a big enough step to turn Quality mode into Performance mode for most games. It just feels like a "we did it last time and people liked it" scenario Sony seems to be fond of here. That and being able to claim the specs crown from the X (which honestly hasn't translated into making games on the X better at all).

I'm wondering if Sony's marketing department actually talk to humans when they plan these things. They invested heavily into the VR2 without backwards compat and a high price, now they are halting production because they aren't moving. They make Collectors editions with Steelbooks and don't include a disc. They make covers and controllers people want, then severely limit production. Then they created the Remote Play thingy almost as an after-thought and can't seem to keep them in stock anywhere months later. And now a Pro model I don't know anyone is really asking for here beyond the "gotta have the latest and greatest specs to show off" crowd.

People are spoiling Dragon's Dogma 2 already. Those getting it this week should avoid the usual places. The original is still in my backlog. I'll probably move it up the list after hearing good things about it. Nothing new for me until Stellar Blade, but did add DD2 & Unicorn Overlord to my Amazon wishlist for purchase down the line.

People are spoiling Dragon's Dogma 2 already. Those getting it this week should avoid the usual places. The original is still in my backlog. I'll probably move it up the list after hearing good things about it. Nothing new for me until Stellar Blade, but did add DD2 & Unicorn Overlord to my Amazon wishlist for purchase down the line.
That's pretty garbage of people, but not unexpected, unfortunately.

I am juggling too many games right now and I have a lot of games in my backlog that I want to play through, but I'm having a tough time not preordering DD2. I played a ton of Dark Arisen on multiple platforms, but I almost never buy new games immediately at release. I like to wait and be sure they've worked out the kinks (and bugs) before I spend money and get invested.

Cyberpunk 4 years ago made me paranoid lol 🤷‍♀️

That's pretty garbage of people, but not unexpected, unfortunately.

I am juggling too many games right now and I have a lot of games in my backlog that I want to play through, but I'm having a tough time not preordering DD2. I played a ton of Dark Arisen on multiple platforms, but I almost never buy new games immediately at release. I like to wait and be sure they've worked out the kinks (and bugs) before I spend money and get invested.

Cyberpunk 4 years ago made me paranoid lol 🤷‍♀️
DD2 won't be a Cyberpunk situation and I think reviews should be going live now-ish? The trade-off to waiting is people will find exploits that get patched out, and I love me some exploits. Also the pawn system is something that can win you quite a bit of renown at launch, since everyone will be hiring immediately. I can't remember what the benefit was but I think you got some perks for having a high-ranking pawn, perhaps currency or something ingame each time your pawn was used. It definitely got voted up if you made a good one early, so something to consider.

I've been debating this for a while, but I'm going to take a break from participating on the threads that I created (and definitely stepping away from ones that I didn't.)

Lately I've felt that the forums here lately have becoming less about posting deals and more about petty arguments where certain users try to shout down everyone that doesn't agree with them. The loudest portion of those people seem to only want to talk about what they agree with and yell at those that they don't, and when your ignore filter keeps growing day by day... it just doesn't seem like a healthy place to be.

I'm dealing with a lot in my life and gaming used to be my relief/release and the forum provided a refuge from my challenges, but the conversations here of late are things that just make me feel worse than I did before I got here.

I know there are some good people here and I can see all of your 'pictures' in my head when I type that. It's just that right now, this community is incredibly fractured and I just don't find it mentally helpful for me.

I wish everyone here the best (including all that I ignored) and hope that this site can be a bit more of what it used to be in the past.

I've been debating this for a while, but I'm going to take a break from participating on the threads that I created (and definitely stepping away from ones that I didn't.)

Lately I've felt that the forums here lately have becoming less about posting deals and more about petty arguments where certain users try to shout down everyone that doesn't agree with them. The loudest portion of those people seem to only want to talk about what they agree with and yell at those that they don't, and when your ignore filter keeps growing day by day... it just doesn't seem like a healthy place to be.

I'm dealing with a lot in my life and gaming used to be my relief/release and the forum provided a refuge from my challenges, but the conversations here of late are things that just make me feel worse than I did before I got here.

I know there are some good people here and I can see all of your 'pictures' in my head when I type that. It's just that right now, this community is incredibly fractured and I just don't find it mentally helpful for me.

I wish everyone here the best (including all that I ignored) and hope that this site can be a bit more of what it used to be in the past.

Internet forums should never be a substitute for real life. I'm a big believer in doing whatever is necessary to protect one's mental health. To be fair I only frequent the PS and Xbox threads and things have been pretty cordial around here unless I'm missing something? Strengthening the body strengthens the mind so getting daily exercise, getting daily sunlight, proper rest, touching grass and eating properly is important. My DMs are open if you ever need to talk.

Internet forums should never be a substitute for real life. I'm a big believer in doing whatever is necessary to protect one's mental health. To be fair I only frequent the PS and Xbox threads and things have been pretty cordial around here unless I'm missing something? Strengthening the body strengthens the mind so getting daily exercise, getting daily sunlight, proper rest, touching grass and eating properly is important. My DMs are open if you ever need to talk.
I know my mental health is fine even with all the BS that happened to me in the past year or so. Now I'm indulging in watching corrupted police videos on you tube and all crap on Twitter from politics to console wars now all that is getting to me big time. As of here I personally havent notice what the guy claimed but I surprised it is one here. All ive seen were people talking about deals and talking about games in small way and thats about it. I mean its a video game site after all. Best thing to do if you only want to know deals is to folllow wario64 on discord or Twitter.

I need to pay more attention to what’s leaving PS plus. I got hit with The Outer Wilds leaving yesterday and I had to buy it so I can finish it up, at least it was on sale.

Dragon Dogma 2 getting a lot of high praises. There has been so much good rpgs games released lately that it reminds me of the PSone golden era of rpg games, and there's still more release coming.

Last edited:

TBH, these forums are more a stomping grounds now and I spend waaaaaaaay more time on Slickdeals for actual substance. I don't think this place has been relevant for deals ever since retailers killed off Black Friday.

good job completely missing the spirit of that post, and the continued discussion. Which is the fact that the majority of consumers cannot make use the added benefits of a Pro, and should be upgrading their displays instead. It's the same way in 2024 as it was back in 2020. That has been hands down the biggest performance bottleneck for most gamers among their gaming setups for several years. Well past time to upgrade their displays, first.

The vast majority of people who didn't already buy a PS5 almost certainly have no need for a mid-gen refresh Pro.
I passed on ps4 pro and upgraded to 4k when ps5 came out. Also had to upgrade my sound receiver to one that supported 4k 120hz passthrough.

Three PS+ Extra games left without the usual warning. I haven't heard of them, but it sucks for people that were playing them and doesn't set a good precedent.
  • Nights of Azure
  • Nights of Azure 2: Bride of the New Moon
  • Warriors All-Stars

I kind of suspected that the 2 Nights of Azure games were leaving when I noticed they went on sale earlier in the week at their lowest price yet. I'm not sure if there's any resource out there that tracks when games are added and leave a service, but it would be useful to know, since there's a number of games I've seen that seem to leave PS Plus tiers near their one year point. I'm already planning on focusing on a few games that I've only dabbled with a bit or have only played a bit of here and there but haven't finished yet before they potentially leave. Humanity before May and Sea of Stars before August.

You got my hopes up, but they’re only on sale for the people paying extra. Oh well.
Yeah, forgot to mention that. Figured they timed the sale since it's leaving Extra, which doesn't always happen during the same time games leave PS Plus like game sales for stuff that's leaving Game Pass.

Games leaving PS+ Extra/Premium in April
  • Ghostbusters: The Video Game Remastered
  • Bassmaster Fishing
  • Necromunda: Underhive Wars
  • Chicken Police – Paint it RED!
  • Soulcalibur VI
  • Fighting EX Layer
  • R-Type Final 2
  • Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger iX
  • Reel Fishing: Road Trip Adventure
  • Everspace
  • Dangerous Golf

I would be one of the first in line for a Infamous Collection (1/2/Festival of Blood) port or remaster.

There are lots of PS2/PS3 games that a native PS4/5 port or remaster would be good for preservation and you could also port them to PC.
I'm all for new ports of Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper, Ratchet and Clank, Resistance and Killzone to new hardware and then also to PC.

I'm sure there is a audience that would want and appreciate to see these game ported to new hardware.

Last edited:
How about…. No more remasters. I fear they are working on a remastered Infamous collection. No thanks. Just make a new game and stop with lazy ports.

Yeah I'm in the same boat... I love the dopamine of nostalgia but honestly, a lot of remasters always seem to fuck something up/arrive broken (looking at you GTA Trilogy) or just end up being lazy (still looking at GTA Trilogy). Granted, some a great like the GoW Collections or Prime more recently, but not worth $50+.

Yeah I'm in the same boat... I love the dopamine of nostalgia but honestly, a lot of remasters always seem to fuck something up/arrive broken (looking at you GTA Trilogy) or just end up being lazy (still looking at GTA Trilogy). Granted, some a great like the GoW Collections or Prime more recently, but not worth $50+.
Basically all this. A remaster Infamous I would pay $20 max for personally. Remakes like Persona 3 were worth it because it was a complete remake. Lots of work. But lazy ones like you mentioned, and un-needed ones (like the rumored Persona 4 remake...WHY?!) just take the team away from making something new. Yes people will always like nostalgia, but make a new game...please?

Interesting insider discussion and notes about current ongoings between Bungie and Sony regarding Destiny. Bungie's failure, and what is getting addressed going forward. timestamp = 4:52

Internal perspective at Sony is very negative towards Bungie right now. it is seen as a failed investment and strategies being discussed revolve around more of recouping losses. One internal leader from US is fighting to take over to right the ship, while many others across the Pacific want a much harsher method. The former US leader holds a lot of respect from overseas leadership, so it is likely (s)he will get their way. That person's perspective is that there are a many 'gluttonous' executives at Bungie who are not doing their jobs and are hindering the organization. It is believed that the workers are skilled, but the leadership is unable to perform their duties.

Bungie is in a hard spot, because pre-order numbers are lower than anticipated. I apologize, I do not have details on actual numbers. Sony believes that the finances will not allow Bungie to avoid a takeover even with another round of layoffs, as that would cannibalize development and future revenue.

Overall, Sony has been very upset at Bungie's leadership. They have not been able to successfully advise Sony teams, and while Lightfall hit internal revenue targets, every target since has been missed at an escalating decline. Bungie leadership regularly reschedule meetings with Sony leadership, knowing that the next timeslot can be months away.

I hope this sheds light for ongoings from Sony's side. It is believed that the takeover would allow Sony to turn Destiny into a more profitable game. This sounds bad, but it is being treated as "lightning in a bottle". Sony leadership wants to nuture the game, and understand thatmore aggressive monetization would not be healthy. There would be a monetization model switch, though, as it is believed the current model is too confusing. The main difference between the US leader vs Japan leaders getting their way matters more for Bungie's in-development titles. If Japan leadership gets their way, teams for future titles will be gutted and reformed.

bread's done
Back