Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Tried this but for some reason it says I’m not eligible for the coupon. I do have Prime as well so maybe the coupon is targeted?
Damn, sorry. I have no clue how I'm eligible, I only found the coupon when I looked the game up.

Unrelated question, anyone here play Tekken 8 on PS5?
It's certainly possible it's targeted. The other possibility is it's one of those exclusion coupons that if you recently used one they won't let you have it.

Damn, sorry. I have no clue how I'm eligible, I only found the coupon when I looked the game up.

Unrelated question, anyone here play Tekken 8 on PS5?
Great game, really fun. Mostly play online for ranked which is very competitive. If you liked T7, you should enjoy this game. I do miss Heihachi though 😢

Dave the diver!
They already announced Dave the Diver and Tales of Kenzera a couple weeks ago I think. It looks like a decent mix of games with three day 1 indie titles, so I'm excited. I also heard good things about Lego Ninjago actually offering some improvements on the traditional Lego game formula. I'll have to check out some reviews when these get added to see if I want to give any a shot at that point.

They already announced Dave the Diver and Tales of Kenzera a couple weeks ago I think. It looks like a decent mix of games with three day 1 indie titles, so I'm excited. I also heard good things about Lego Ninjago actually offering some improvements on the traditional Lego game formula. I'll have to check out some reviews when these get added to see if I want to give any a shot at that point.
Okay well I'm also looking forward to Deliver us Mars.

That seems like a horrible deal. Unless you happen to have 600 to blow on something and or it works on a ps5 plus games and accessories and you happen to buy one.

That seems like a horrible deal. Unless you happen to have 600 to blow on something and or it works on a ps5 plus games and accessories and you happen to buy one.

Pretty sure it's just a credit card and if you spend say $300 for two months you get free stuff. I'm not getting another credit card, but yeah if you pay it off it's just extra.

Pretty sure it's just a credit card and if you spend say $300 for two months you get free stuff. I'm not getting another credit card, but yeah if you pay it off it's just extra.
Never own a credit card but was tempted on the sony card to get $50 psn credit long time ago. Also tempted to get point on purchases for rewards but I prefer to pay cash or full price straight up

I am Setsuna is $12... do I finally buy it? SE games seem like they're super stubborn to drop and odds are this'll never get a PS4 physical release.

I am Setsuna is $12... do I finally buy it? SE games seem like they're super stubborn to drop and odds are this'll never get a PS4 physical release.
That's totally a fair price. I played it on Switch and really liked it, more than I expected to. The story isn't groundbreaking but still nice, the music is pretty, and the gameplay is very fun. While the vast majority of locales are snowy areas, it actually doesn't get as boring as that sounds like it would. It's also a very tight game, since it's telling a concise story that brings the player from point A to point B with very little filler. I'd give it a solid 7/10.

That's totally a fair price. I played it on Switch and really liked it, more than I expected to. The story isn't groundbreaking but still nice, the music is pretty, and the gameplay is very fun. While the vast majority of locales are snowy areas, it actually doesn't get as boring as that sounds like it would. It's also a very tight game, since it's telling a concise story that brings the player from point A to point B with very little filler. I'd give it a solid 7/10.

It's not that I don't want to buy the game... it's more that I don't want to pay more than $1 for something that I don't actually own.

You don't sound like a PC gamer then since there is like no physicals haha.

I'm not but I always have a gaming PC for those games that just need to be experienced on a capable PC... I could NOT imagine Half Life, Unreal Tournament, Half Life 2 or Witcher 3 on the consoles available at the time vs what a decent PC could do. I got a pretty decent gaming laptop for Cyberpunk, that's on my list for this yr but... who knows if I'll get to it.

Cyberpunk was worth a play on the PC from launch. It had some bugs, but nothing game breaking. On consoles it was poop. I don't think it's a great game, but it is fun enough for the open world type games. The story got a bit too hokey near the end to make me care, but it's still a solid 7/10 game. I haven't replayed it with the expansion or the game changes they did later.

Realized today that the copy of Paint the Town Red I bought from the sale was the flat game only, and all I want is the VR game. Contacted support but was denied a return because I downloaded it. Bit later I get an email from support saying “We have reviewed your case and approved your refund in the amount of USD 17.55”. The game was $10 plus tax, so that number doesn’t match. I bought The Light Brigade in the same transaction, and that would seem to match up to the amount. But Light Brigade (which I did not ask for a refund on) and Paint the Town Red still show as owned and my psn balance has not increased to reflect a refund. I’m a bit confused by the situation

25 games leaving PS+ Extra and Premium in May (should be May 21st):
  • Abzu (PS4)
  • Adr1ft (PS4)
  • How to Survive 2 (PS4)
  • The Artful Escape (PS5, PS4)
  • Ashen (PS4)
  • Last Stop (PS5, PS4)
  • I Am Dead (PS4, PS4)
  • Absolver: Downfall (PS4)
  • My Friend Pedro (PS4)
  • The Messenger (PS4)
  • Jotun (PS4)
  • Sundered (PS4)
  • World of Final Fantasy (PS4)
  • This Is the Police (PS4)
  • This Is the Police 2 (PS4)
  • ELEX (PS4)
  • Monster Jam Steel Titans 2 (PS4)
  • Minit (PS4)
  • Observation (PS4)
  • Final Fantasy IX (PS4)
  • Final Fantasy VII (PS4)
  • Final Fantasy VIII Remastered (PS4)
  • Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (PS4)
  • Final Fantasy XV: Royal Edition (PS4)
  • Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster (PS4)

Fallout 76 has a deal where you can get one month of their subscription thing ("Fallout 1st") for 50% off if you've never subscribed before. $6.49 instead of $12.99. Gives you 1,650 caps to spend, some free items like the cowboy hat from the TV show, and a few random perks. Make sure to turn off the auto-renew.

Pretty good game nowadays, btw. I tried it years ago and could never get into it. Been giving it another shot these past couple of weeks, and I'm pleasantly surprised. It's still clear that it hasn't gotten as much love from Bethesda as Elder Scrolls Online has, but it's not a bad game by any means.

Some indie news for today:

WayForward's making a Metroid-like for Atari called Yars Rising:

Cat Quest III is launching August 8:

Schim is launching July 18:

SteamWorld Heist II is launch August 8:

Walmart's website was showing me some of those clearance games that have been popping up the past few days, so I put an order in for the PS5 versions of The Witcher 3 and Diablo 4 at $20 each. I've never played The Witcher (I know, I know), but it seems like a game I'd enjoy, and my husband and I loved playing Diablo 3 couch co-op on Switch years ago. We spent a lot of time rolling around Deckard Cain while he was droning on. So, I figured $20 each is a great price to give them a shot. I booted up my husband's PC copy of Witcher 3 and played for a little while, and yeah, I think I'll dig it. As for Diablo 4, is it still just meh? He and I probably won't play too far beyond the main story, since we're not in it for crazy min-maxing and all that (and we have lots more games to get to), just a fun way to spend time together.

Walmart's website was showing me some of those clearance games that have been popping up the past few days, so I put an order in for the PS5 versions of The Witcher 3 and Diablo 4 at $20 each. I've never played The Witcher (I know, I know), but it seems like a game I'd enjoy, and my husband and I loved playing Diablo 3 couch co-op on Switch years ago. We spent a lot of time rolling around Deckard Cain while he was droning on. So, I figured $20 each is a great price to give them a shot. I booted up my husband's PC copy of Witcher 3 and played for a little while, and yeah, I think I'll dig it. As for Diablo 4, is it still just meh? He and I probably won't play too far beyond the main story, since we're not in it for crazy min-maxing and all that (and we have lots more games to get to), just a fun way to spend time together.
Did you actually get a PS5 Diablo or PS4? Ps4 shows as $20 but ps5 version is $49.99

In-store at two different Walmarts today had both versions tagged at 20
In store but they said they got them from walmart website. Maybe they removed it, idk. Shows as $20 on google shopping but once you click through to the Walmart website it is just $20 off from $69.99 to $49.99 for PS5 version.

On a side note. Are PS Plus offers account targeted now? I see all tiers are 25% off for me but don't see any websites stating they are having a sale. Has anyone gotten anything better than 25% off? Been without ps plus since December and have been waiting for a sale to consider it again. Wondering if this is the best deal I'll get until like black Friday.

Did you actually get a PS5 Diablo or PS4? Ps4 shows as $20 but ps5 version is $49.99
Yes, I got the PS5 version. I believe the pricing is region-based, since my copy was driven to my house from my local store today. The Witcher 3 is coming from Louisiana, which isn't super far from me (I'm in SWFL). Therefore, you probably need to have a store within a state or two away that has the game you're looking for in stock to see these clearance prices. As always, it could be worth checking your local store anyway, since Walmart's inventory is wrong more often than it's not.

In store but they said they got them from walmart website. Maybe they removed it, idk. Shows as $20 on google shopping but once you click through to the Walmart website it is just $20 off from $69.99 to $49.99 for PS5 version.
It's still showing at $20 for me, so it being regional makes sense. I wanted to get the AEW game for $10 they had recently, but it was still $30-$40 for me. Not too interested in Diablo IV, so naturally I can get that deal. I played the beta, and it was fine, but everything I've seen about it has put me off of actually buying the game.

yeah most bulk membership stores like them have those types of "deals". But they aren't really much of a deal since it requires a membership so getting it for that alone negates the discount. at least I think it would. Now if you already have the membership then by all means. usually those types of stores offer 20% I thought? I know my one store does on select gift cards at least so I usually get the diner cards from them as if I buy 5 then I basically get the 5th one for free.

Last edited:
I know Costco always has gaming gift cards at 10% off regularly, with usually a couple sales a year where they go 20% off. You can get $50, $100, & $200 eshop cards and $100 psn/xbox

bread's done
Back