* * * - - 8 votes

Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

#751 simmias   Likely to be eaten by a grue CAGiversary!   4794 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2021 - 05:15 PM

I have so many games that I want to play (and never enough time for all of them) that I always like these "lulls" that other people complain about.

#752 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10603 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2021 - 05:56 PM

Not really complaining myself, but just shows usually the first console year is kind of barren. PS5 has been having enhanced ports and more will come for sure. I know I love Ratchet & Clank, so I'm fine with it. Frankly I'm doing the opposite and trying to clear my backlog of games by just getting rid of some that I got in my collection cheap, or I just wont play or want to play within a few years or so. Maybe people love having lots of sealed unplayed games on their shelves virtual or otherwise, but frankly I'm kind of getting over that, and just trying to plan things out so I'll get to enjoy some of it. Other stuff I'll sell or donate depending on the value. Returnal I've mainly pre-ordered since I got BB birthday code and had an automatically given reward certificate as well. I was like YOLO and it's my birthday month so whatever. If it sucks I'll sell it immediately for high value.

#753 AJBlue7  

Posted 08 April 2021 - 09:24 PM

Is there a comprehensive website that lists games with all their DLC? Trying to plan ahead for the PS3/Vita/PSP store closure and searching via the console is tedious and time consuming. It would have been nice, even consumer friendly one might say, if Sony had left the website up until the closure, but I guess that was asking too much.

Thanks in advance.

#754 simmias   Likely to be eaten by a grue CAGiversary!   4794 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2021 - 10:09 PM

Are you looking for everything, including cosmetic crap? I've seen some people on reddit who have been compiling lists of DLC that adds meaningful content to games (story, challenges, etc.), and of course there's always psnprofiles to check for DLC that adds trophies.

It does look like PSPrices does a decent job cataloguing the DLC for each game, but you'll have to search for each game now that the store's down. Like here's TLOU PS3, and you can click on the DLC tab to see everything: https://en.psprices..../the-last-of-us

#755 DrBayrd  

Posted 09 April 2021 - 01:03 AM

This is why we don’t preorder games.

This is the way

#756 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4145 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 April 2021 - 03:16 AM

This is why we don’t preorder games.

Not really an issue with physical copies since you can return or cancel your preorder

#757 AJBlue7  

Posted 09 April 2021 - 03:22 AM

Are you looking for everything, including cosmetic crap? I've seen some people on reddit who have been compiling lists of DLC that adds meaningful content to games (story, challenges, etc.), and of course there's always psnprofiles to check for DLC that adds trophies.

It does look like PSPrices does a decent job cataloguing the DLC for each game, but you'll have to search for each game now that the store's down. Like here's TLOU PS3, and you can click on the DLC tab to see everything: https://en.psprices..../the-last-of-us

Yes! Thank you so much. This is exactly like something I was looking for. It's just so much easier for me to view it all in one place on a computer than on the console, jot things down, get an idea of prices for a total, etc. Sony should be making it easier to take my money, not harder.

#758 camperinabush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1712 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

camperinabush

Posted 09 April 2021 - 01:17 PM

Not surprising coming from Sony, but don’t expect a Days Gone sequel or many smaller first party games. The head scratcher to me is TLoU 1 Remake...

#759 simmias   Likely to be eaten by a grue CAGiversary!   4794 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 April 2021 - 02:01 PM

That's a weird article and a weird slant from Jason.

VASG wants more creative control and to stop just polishing other studios' games, so they decide they're going to remake one of the most known and most popular Playstation properties. They're shocked when the new head of WWS is unimpressed and moves it under Naughty Dog. They're dismayed when people who actually worked on TLOU from Naughty Dog come into the project to help work on it and they feel like they're losing creative control OVER THE REMAKE OF NAUGHTY DOG'S GAME. Like, what the Fuck.

And Jason's conclusion: Sony only cares about blockbusters, so they let Bend stop working on the next Uncharted to develop their own IP. And because it's a new IP instead of the sequel to a mediocre game that actually sold pretty well, that means Sony only cares about blockbusters.

#760 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   4045 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 April 2021 - 02:48 PM

Article is clickbait bullshit

And I still think Abondoned is that Kojima horror game he wanted to create

#761 CrepeNuts  

Posted 09 April 2021 - 07:39 PM

Literally nobody is asking for a LoU remake. I really hope the stuff in that article are off the wall bullshit, but with the way Sony has been running I could believe it.

#762 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   6172 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 April 2021 - 07:44 PM

The Last of Us is actually a really boring game once you’ve played through the story ... things like the ladder / plank sections are just painful to go back and play through again. Hard pass on an unnecessary remake. Put that energy towards adding multiplayer to II or creating an expansion. Honestly not a big fan of the direction Naughty Dog has taken in the past few years. I think they really suffered from the loss of Amy Hennig.

#763 Shiftygism   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   609 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 April 2021 - 08:38 PM

I wouldn't doubt the possibility they might get the stars of the HBO show to lend their likeness and/or redo the voice work for the remake as there's really no good reason for such a venture beyond cross-promotion with the series.

#764 camperinabush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1712 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

camperinabush

Posted 09 April 2021 - 08:45 PM

My issue with TLoU Remake is that, while some improvements will happen to graphics/load times/QoL, it will still be the same game at the core. Even if you love the franchise, I don’t understand dedicating resources to a third iteration. On the flip side, people will buy it and Sony will cash in.

#765 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10603 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 April 2021 - 08:58 PM

Yeah that's not an exciting announcement. We'd rather have a remake of just about anything else, or just something new.

• Ex~ likes this

#766 bee01   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1144 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 April 2021 - 09:31 PM

Last of Us Re-remaster makes sense if they're porting it to PC with Mando Joel.

#767 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3071 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 April 2021 - 09:55 PM

Only doing blockbusters makes it sound like they are going to put out PSVR2 with no first party support. All their smaller studios that used to do VR, PS Move and Vita stuff will just be support talent for the majors much like Ubisoft and Rockstar games.

#768 Das_Regal   oh god CAGiversary!   1259 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 April 2021 - 10:07 PM

Schreier's only real skill is getting low-level, disgruntled employees to vent at him and writing hit pieces that reify their points of view.

#769 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4493 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 April 2021 - 10:35 PM

So, any truth to this?
Has anyone ever heard of these issues?

#770 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   20343 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 April 2021 - 10:40 PM

So, any truth to this?
Has anyone ever heard of these issues?

I mean if the Sony server is down yes.  But they could be using the same sever for PS5 and future system so it might never be a problem.

#771 CrepeNuts  

Posted 10 April 2021 - 12:59 AM

Schreier's only real skill is getting low-level, disgruntled employees to vent at him and writing hit pieces that reify their points of view.

Edit: Clarification below.

#772 The Questyen   Guess I'll just stumble on home to my cats CAGiversary!   2890 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted 10 April 2021 - 01:27 AM

Schreier is a hack, for sure, but I still believe his scoops. I don’t get why he tries to mobilize gamers to fight for industry people to unionize when the people playing the games are vastly more than likely living worse lives than the AAA devs making them.

This is a weird ass take.

#773 Das_Regal   oh god CAGiversary!   1259 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 April 2021 - 01:46 AM

Schreier is a hack, for sure, but I still believe his scoops. I don’t get why he tries to mobilize gamers to fight for industry people to unionize when the people playing the games are vastly more than likely living worse lives than the AAA devs making them.

I believe that his sources are real and believe what they tell him, but I don't believe he actually has a well-rounded, full picture of the situations he critiques because he'd have to talk to more than just a few people for that and care enough to get an unbiased picture instead of promote ideas that support the ideology he's trying to advance. He reports on unionization/work practices because it's part of his personal values that guide his work. He spends more time activist-reporting these days than leaking information actually about games. It's almost always backward looking, etc. He doesn't report on video games so much as the video games' industry.

If you're a hobbyist that only cares about leaks in as much as they portend enjoyable things for the future, Schreier is not worth following. He has zero information in that vein. People only contact him to complain, full stop. He's basically a mouthpiece for labor, which isn't exactly unwelcome per se, everyone needs a voice. You just have to know what you're getting from him when you read his articles.

#774 Jesse_Dylan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3714 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Jesse_Dylan

Posted 10 April 2021 - 02:12 AM

Wow.  I have to come out of lurking just to say that Jason Schreier is not a hack?  I don't have time to put together a treatise about it, but this all really caught me off guard.  What is the political bent of this group that it's apparently so anti-union?

Or is it nothing to do with that?  I've always enjoyed his articles, since long before he was writing specifically about labor.  He is definitely not a hack.  Therefore, I am coming to the, perhaps erroneous, conclusion that people here are just anti-labor more than anti-Schrier.  People in this same group 10 years ago would have said they liked his nerdy JRPG articles and probably referenced a particular take he may have had on earthbound or something.  Now it's, "oh man, this guy is a hack."  

#775 cleaver   You have 0 friends CAGiversary!   3698 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 April 2021 - 02:37 AM

I got Destruction Allstars day 1 2/2/21 and now it’s saying it’s 19.99, this happen to anyone else?

#776 CrepeNuts  

Posted 10 April 2021 - 02:40 AM

Wow. I have to come out of lurking just to say that Jason Schreier is not a hack? I don't have time to put together a treatise about it, but this all really caught me off guard. What is the political bent of this group that it's apparently so anti-union?

Or is it nothing to do with that? I've always enjoyed his articles, since long before he was writing specifically about labor. He is definitely not a hack. Therefore, I am coming to the, perhaps erroneous, conclusion that people here are just anti-labor more than anti-Schrier. People in this same group 10 years ago would have said they liked his nerdy JRPG articles and probably referenced a particular take he may have had on earthbound or something. Now it's, "oh man, this guy is a hack."

Im not anti-union. I’m against trying to mobilize an army of gamers who aren’t making six figures and working their dream jobs like these devs. I’d rather people who play games make their own personal lives better and their personal communities better than be mobilized to advocate for game devs to unionize. Like I said, AAA game devs are likely in their dream jobs, making upwards of six figures (or more), and have wild benefits. If they want to unionize, they can do it themselves.

I should have stated my take better before. Before he became an activist instead of a journalist, he had all kinds of scoops that were consistently based in fact. Now he’s got a clear bias. I’d rather have a journalist be as objective as possible in their reporting.

Also, I shouldn’t have called Schreier a hack. He’s an activist. Jeff Grubb is a hack and a grifter. But that’s neither here nor there.

#777 Das_Regal   oh god CAGiversary!   1259 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 April 2021 - 02:41 AM

I think you answered your own question:

People in this same group 10 years ago would have said they liked his nerdy JRPG articles and probably referenced a particular take he may have had on earthbound or something. 

Yeah, 10 years ago he just talked about games. It's less that I'm anti-union (I don't have much of an opinion here), and more that I don't always want to be inundated by political talk. He used to have leaks about things that make me happy, now he just has leaks about things that make me sad.

Do I trust him? Nope. I don't trust anyone whose job it is to report on a factual matter that quite clearly has a stake in finding things that agree with their strong, obvious point of view. Motivated reasoning is a hell of a drug.

#778 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3854 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 April 2021 - 02:46 AM

Wow.  I have to come out of lurking just to say that Jason Schreier is not a hack?  I don't have time to put together a treatise about it, but this all really caught me off guard.  What is the political bent of this group that it's apparently so anti-union?

Or is it nothing to do with that?  I've always enjoyed his articles, since long before he was writing specifically about labor.  He is definitely not a hack.  Therefore, I am coming to the, perhaps erroneous, conclusion that people here are just anti-labor more than anti-Schrier.  People in this same group 10 years ago would have said they liked his nerdy JRPG articles and probably referenced a particular take he may have had on earthbound or something.  Now it's, "oh man, this guy is a hack."  

There are probably a lot of game devs making 6 figures.  Not all, i'm sure, but game devs probably make significantly higher income than the average person.  So it's a little harder to have sympathy for working conditions for those making a good income.  It's easy to have sympathy for the migrant worker making a few dollars a day and living in a shack with 10 other people.  Many of these game devs can afford to live in expensive cities like San Francisco and have other job options (that probably pay even more) if their working conditions are so bad.  Many game devs CHOSE to work in that field and weren't forced to because of their situation in life and because they had no other options, etc.  I'm not excusing bad management, per se.  Just giving a different perspective.  

#779 psunami   0118999881999119725.....3 CAGiversary!   3867 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 April 2021 - 02:49 AM

I got Destruction Allstars day 1 2/2/21 and now it’s saying it’s 19.99, this happen to anyone else?

I see the same the same thing on mine, but it is in my download library also.  

#780 Hypebeast69  

Hypebeast69

Posted 10 April 2021 - 04:01 AM

TLOU isn’t that old we don’t need a remake of that now. What we need is Metal gear solid remake.

Also that abandoned game definitely isn’t Kojima’s. He wants a game that will not only make u piss ur pants but crap them. And it’s even confirmed by the developer that they’re not involved with Kojima in any way at all.