* * * * - 14 votes

Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

#9571 MaximusDM   What is a man!? CAGiversary!   524 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2023 - 02:43 PM

He work on the game or something? Why is he promoting it? Watched the trailer and still don't know what the heck it's about. I was slightly interested be a use I like rhythm games. Looks more like that isometric Lara Croft game or Hitman Go.

#9572 valiki7375  

valiki7375

Posted 26 January 2023 - 04:08 PM

This is ridiculous. Sony should offer at least 3 years warranty on ps5 controllers. They're not cheap and most likely will have analog drift. I sold my original on ebay for $30 (put drift in the description) and got a black one and now that one just started acting up.

Trade into Gamestop, they rarely catch it.  

As far as the joycon drifts, I have had a few and I took them apart cleaned them up and got 4 out of the 6 to function properly.

#9573 The Questyen   Guess I'll just stumble on home to my cats CAGiversary!   3031 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted 26 January 2023 - 08:09 PM

He work on the game or something? Why is he promoting it? Watched the trailer and still don't know what the heck it's about. I was slightly interested be a use I like rhythm games. Looks more like that isometric Lara Croft game or Hitman Go.

He regularly posts and let's people know when new demos are up.

#9574 simpsonps121  

simpsonps121

Posted 26 January 2023 - 09:19 PM

Any of the games leaving PS+ a must play before they leave?  

#9575 chrono31  

chrono31

Posted 26 January 2023 - 09:42 PM

Any of the games leaving PS+ a must play before they leave?  

Vice City holds up, I beat it last month but just did the main missions.  I plan on at least trying Metro Exodus.

#9576 FriskyTanuki   LGBT Rights & Women's Rights are Human Rights CAGiversary!   72862 Posts   Joined 19.6 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 27 January 2023 - 12:05 AM

Streaming Hitman's new Freelancer mode if you want to see it in action.

Edit: Here's the archive. The Freelancer mode does a very good job of shaking things up with all of the maps in the trilogy, minus the three intro maps. You start in your bunker lair with some big walls full of spots for weapons that you will hopefully fill up with weapons you acquire in missions, but all you have to start is a basic pistol and a stethoscope in another room as garrot wire. Maps will have chests to give you options of new items to collect or use, plus any weapon that you can find in the maps themselves. As you level up, more parts of your hideout open up to offer new things you can do between missions or allow some customization.

You're picking mini-campaigns against various syndicates that get progressively longer as you do well, starting with three maps up to six maps for the final leg of the run that require you to pick maps you can handle. If you die in a mission, you lose the items you had on you, but you can continue on unless it's an alerted map that has higher stakes and will end a run if you're not careful. The final map against a syndicate is pretty cool since you have a few potential targets that you have to use the clues you're given to figure out who the leader is that you have to kill. It's sort of like an elusive target.

#9577 samnite   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   419 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 January 2023 - 02:47 AM

I turned off vibration and trigger effects for Fifa for that exact reason. My back buttons on my modded extreme rate are bound to L2/R2 for Fifa- this makes jockey and sprint easier, as well as much easier skill cancels.

I didn't do the mod for it with extreme rate, but you can also do hair triggers to make sprinting easier. The Dual Sense Edge will have adjustable triggers that will make sprint/jockey much easier. 

My planned remap for Fifa for the DS Edge will be L1/R1 to L2/R2, L2/R2 to the Back Paddles. Will make everything much easier to reach and hold I think.

I worried about it happening but thought I would be missing out on the next gen cool feaures if I nerfed the controller. I think it lasted a good 2 years at least...which was long enough for the dualsense controller to get a discounted sale. The more recent dualsense models have better battery life so I would have needed the upgrade eventually. I am way too cheap to splurge on a Dualsense Edge but it seems nice.  

Is it the right trigger or the left trigger spring that's the pain in the butt to change? Whichever one is more obstructed is the one I had to change out, lol. Of course all the videos I found only showed people changing out the easy one!

The controller is super easy to open and put back together again, though, and that's coming from someone who rarely does stuff like that.

You guys with batteries lasting two hours should just buy a new battery and swap it out. It won't take you more than 10-15 minutes as long as you have a decent pry tool and a phillips head, and that's if you're really bad at this stuff. Get a kit from Amazon for like $10 if you don't have a pry tool or something similar.

The left one is more difficult from what I remember. 

#9578 Hypebeast69  

Hypebeast69

Posted 27 January 2023 - 11:34 AM

I forgot doesn’t hitman 3 become hitman trilogy today?

#9579 FriskyTanuki   LGBT Rights & Women's Rights are Human Rights CAGiversary!   72862 Posts   Joined 19.6 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 27 January 2023 - 04:36 PM

#9580 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   8335 Posts   Joined 18.8 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 27 January 2023 - 05:11 PM

#9581 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5360 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 27 January 2023 - 05:48 PM

I wonder if season 3 and part 3 will come out around the same time.

#9582 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   8335 Posts   Joined 18.8 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 27 January 2023 - 06:00 PM

I kind of want Season 2 to focus on more on the other storylines we have not seen in the game. There's a decent amount of time between Part 1 and Part 2 that they can explore. Part 2 also have a lot of story materials that I think they can actually split them into multiple seasons.

Also this week episode is supposed to be one of the best episode of the season by critics that have seen the entire show.

#9583 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   1434 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 January 2023 - 06:36 PM

Honestly they should just make this design the cover. It's way more interesting and attractive than any athlete.

#9584 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   6252 Posts   Joined 19.3 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 27 January 2023 - 10:49 PM

Has Frisky posted the 2-hour trial for Marvel Midnight Suns for Premium members?
https://store.playst...MSENHANCED00000

Fantastic. The trials kind of replace Gamefly for games you're on the fence about. It's a bit inconvenient to download 30+GB games that you're only going to play for two hours, though.

#9585 Hypebeast69  

Hypebeast69

Posted 27 January 2023 - 11:59 PM

Has Frisky posted the 2-hour trial for Marvel Midnight Suns for Premium members?

Fantastic. The trials kind of replace Gamefly for games you're on the fence about. It's a bit inconvenient to download 30+GB games that you're only going to play for two hours, though.

Thank u. Waiting for $100 version to tank. I’ll try that out soon

#9586 BryanDGAF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1272 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 January 2023 - 12:59 AM

I kind of want Season 2 to focus on more on the other storylines we have not seen in the game. There's a decent amount of time between Part 1 and Part 2 that they can explore. Part 2 also have a lot of story materials that I think they can actually split them into multiple seasons.

Also this week episode is supposed to be one of the best episode of the season by critics that have seen the entire show.

I think they should split the perspectives from the game into 2 seasons. 1 for Ellie and 1 for Abby and just like in the game, show the bits where they intercept each other/show same locations but in different times/places

#9587 BryanDGAF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1272 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 January 2023 - 01:00 AM

Repost

#9588 Hypebeast69  

Hypebeast69

Posted 28 January 2023 - 01:12 AM

I think they should split the perspectives from the game into 2 seasons. 1 for Ellie and 1 for Abby and just like in the game, show the bits where they intercept each other/show same locations but in different times/places

Hope they cast a different ellie for part 2

#9589 The Questyen   Guess I'll just stumble on home to my cats CAGiversary!   3031 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted 28 January 2023 - 03:36 AM

Lol

#9590 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   10250 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 January 2023 - 05:31 AM

Here we've got a 19yo trying to be passed off as a 14yo.  It's like okay, that's a kind of weirdly aged, adult-looking child. 

I'm so tired of Hollywood casting 25 and 28 year-old actors to play teenage high school kids in shows and movies.  It's been going on forever. 

MV5BMTExMDM5NWMtNGI1OC00NTcxLThjYmUtN2Qy

#9591 Hypebeast69  

Hypebeast69

Posted 28 January 2023 - 08:04 AM

Here we've got a 19yo trying to be passed off as a 14yo. It's like okay, that's a kind of weirdly aged, adult-looking child.

I'm so tired of Hollywood casting 25 and 28 year-old actors to play teenage high school kids in shows and movies. It's been going on forever.

Aye let’s have dafne keen from the movie Logan to play ellie in season 2

#9592 gravel   Meh CAGiversary!   1898 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 January 2023 - 02:26 PM

Are all the trials only for Premium members?  It’s the first one I was excited to try, but I only have Extra.

#9593 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   6252 Posts   Joined 19.3 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 28 January 2023 - 03:01 PM

Yeah, and Deluxe for markets that don't support streaming.

#9594 Cfranchise13   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   172 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Cfranchise13

Posted 28 January 2023 - 03:05 PM

Brief thoughts after the first 2 days of use (Fifa, 2k23, MW2) with the Dual Sense Edge. I have not tried adjusting dead zones on the sticks, or messing around with their sensitivity yet.

The build quality feels really good. I like the domed sticks much better than the competitors. The sticks in general feel better than the OG DualSense, but that might just be because these are new. I didn't think I would be a fan of the short "paddles" but it actually feels much better than the traditional ones. It's really easy to customize and switch between the custom set ups. Switching between the paddles is also really easy and being able to charge in case is kind of a cool feature. The adjustable triggers is easily it's best feature tho, especially with the type of games I play. 

The battery life sucks and you definitely feel it. I am near my console so it isn't that big of a deal, but it is annoying. I'll buy a shorter cable if i don't have one laying around, as dealing with a 10ft long cable when playing on a monitor is actually cumbersome. I also wish they covered the entire handle with the grip, instead of just some... Scuf felt better in this regard (that's the only compliment I'll give them, lol)

Overall is it worth it? Out of the box it feels like a premium product. Functions well, etc... Like most things it'll depend on how long it lasts, and how well supported it is by Sony. For me, as of now... I am pretty satisfied with it. Looking forward to seeing if Sony or GuliKit will eventually put the Hall Sensor sticks out for this.

#9595 Nesmaniac   8 bit heaven CAGiversary!   1427 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Nesmaniac

Posted 28 January 2023 - 10:37 PM

Here we've got a 19yo trying to be passed off as a 14yo.  It's like okay, that's a kind of weirdly aged, adult-looking child. 

I'm so tired of Hollywood casting 25 and 28 year-old actors to play teenage high school kids in shows and movies.  It's been going on forever. 

Best spiderman I don't care how old he is.

#9596 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 28 January 2023 - 10:50 PM

Last chance to play games in the PS Premium not showing a leaving date for me. Is it for anyone else? Does it usually show up at the start of the new month?

*EDIT* Okay, certain games have a date. 2/21 so plenty of time for those. I will be playing Metro Exodus first.

#9597 blueArcana   Randy...I am the liquor CAGiversary!   1320 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

blueArcana

Posted 29 January 2023 - 03:41 AM

Best spiderman I don't care how old he is.

no-way-home-spider-man-no-way-home.gif

#9598 simpsonps121  

simpsonps121

Posted 29 January 2023 - 03:53 AM

Last chance to play games in the PS Premium not showing a leaving date for me. Is it for anyone else? Does it usually show up at the start of the new month?

*EDIT* Okay, certain games have a date. 2/21 so plenty of time for those. I will be playing Metro Exodus first.

I downloaded Vice City, and immediately deleted it after watching the intro... Did we actually enjoy these graphics back in the day?  BARF!  Talking blocks...  Ugh.  

Sparkle Unleashed is actually a bit of fun.  Enjoyed it, and then my son blew me away in it...  Nice little game.  

#9599 simpsonps121  

simpsonps121

Posted 29 January 2023 - 04:04 AM

Anyone heard of totalwirelessexclusive?  They have a 12 month digital PS+ code for $29.99...  Sounds too good to be true... so usually means it is...  but... hope?

#9600 Hypebeast69  

Hypebeast69

Posted 29 January 2023 - 04:05 AM

Anyone heard of totalwirelessexclusive? They have a 12 month PS+ code for $29.99...

NANI?!?!